Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,466 members, 7,808,662 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:06 PM

If There Is No Heaven Or Threat Of Hell, Will You Prefer Devil To God? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If There Is No Heaven Or Threat Of Hell, Will You Prefer Devil To God? (3262 Views)

Hell Will Be Hotter For Deeper Life Sinners - W.F. Kumuyi / Is It Sinful To Deny Christ Under Threat Of Death? / The Catholic Pope Francis- There Is No Heaven Or Hell And Adam And Eve Not Real (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If There Is No Heaven Or Threat Of Hell, Will You Prefer Devil To God? by helpee(m): 10:30pm On Sep 29, 2008
@PILGRIM
i want you to show me a single scripture where God called anybody satanist.
because some people called themselves the church of satan does not mean there is anything like that in the bible and it doesn't make them more satanic than atheist.
so tell me, who did God ever called a satanist?
what is your own criteria for knowing a satanist?
Re: If There Is No Heaven Or Threat Of Hell, Will You Prefer Devil To God? by Chrisbenogor(m): 10:40pm On Sep 29, 2008
@helpee

Do you no think it is satanic to let peopl kill 20 million people in your name?
Re: If There Is No Heaven Or Threat Of Hell, Will You Prefer Devil To God? by pilgrim1(f): 10:41pm On Sep 29, 2008
@helpee,

helpee:

i want you to show me a single scripture where God called anybody satanist.

I already said I do not find where God's Word referred to atheists as satanists. Do you have such a verse?

helpee:

because some people called themselves the church of satan does not mean there is anything like that in the bible and it doesn't make them more satanic than atheist.

I didn't say that "the church of satan" was in the Bible; nor did I say that atheists are more or less satanic.

helpee:

so tell me, who did God ever called a satanist?

Depends on the definition of the term satanist. Try this one: "they worshipped the dragon" - Rev. 13:4.

helpee:

One who declares himself to be a worshipper of satan the devil. Of course, there are other definitions used by other people; but I don't equate atheists to be satanists.
Re: If There Is No Heaven Or Threat Of Hell, Will You Prefer Devil To God? by helpee(m): 10:54pm On Sep 29, 2008
@PILGRIM
so the simple truth is that you don't even know who a satanist is hence you cant possibly know who a satanist is not?
in your previous post you said that because Bill Gate is not on the register of the church of satan, he is therefore not a
satanist.
the very essence of the devil is to deny the existence of God. it takes somebody that is well rooted in the devil to actually believe there is no God. when JESUS wanted to cast out those demons, they begged him to send them to the swine. Do you know why? devil is like HIV, it cant survive outside the body fluid. so also is man and everything God created. you cant just be on your own. so, if you seriously believe there is no God, it is because you seriously believe in an alternative satan.
my dear, atheist are satanist. pronto.
Re: If There Is No Heaven Or Threat Of Hell, Will You Prefer Devil To God? by helpee(m): 11:04pm On Sep 29, 2008
Chrisbenogor:

@helpee

Do you no think it is satanic to let peopl kill 20 million people in your name?
i hope you are not trying to say that Israelite kill in the name of God?
let me ask you my question
Do you not think it is satanic to let 20 million homosexual and murderers live in Sodom and Gomorrah?
Re: If There Is No Heaven Or Threat Of Hell, Will You Prefer Devil To God? by pilgrim1(f): 11:04pm On Sep 29, 2008
@helpee,

helpee:

so the simple truth is that you don't even know who a satanist is hence you can't possibly know who a satanist is not?

I gave you a definition. If you ignored it because you want to force the title of satanist on everyone who does not fall into your camp, I can bear with you.

helpee:

in your previous post you said that because Bill Gate is not on the register of the church of satan, he is therefore not a
satanist.

I pointed out that Bill Gates hasn't told you that he is a satanist, nor does he ascribe credit to the devil.

helpee:

the very essence of the devil is to deny the existence of God.

Did you not quote that demons believe also in God and they tremble? Are you beginning to contradict yourself all in one evening?

helpee:

it takes somebody that is well rooted in the devil to actually believe there is no God. when JESUS wanted to cast out those demons, they begged him to send them to the swine.

The possessed man was not an atheist, nor did those demons cry out that they do not believe in God. As a matter of fact they referred to Christ as "Jesus, thou Son of God most high" (Luke 8:28). Does that sound like one claiming that there is no God?

helpee:

Do you know why? devil is like HIV, it can't survive outside the body fluid. so also is man and everything God created. you can't just be on your own. so, if you seriously believe there is no God, it is because you seriously believe in an alternative satan.

I am not an atheist.

helpee:

my dear, atheist are satanist. pronto.

I hear. They will tell you by themselves who they are.
Re: If There Is No Heaven Or Threat Of Hell, Will You Prefer Devil To God? by helpee(m): 11:16pm On Sep 29, 2008
@PILGRIM

Did you not quote that demons believe also in God and they tremble? Are you beginning to contradict yourself all in one evening?

i can't possibly see any contradiction there.
have you ever seen a politician tell a lie before in order to confuse and convince you.
of course demons believe in God in the sense that they know he exist but they will deny him so that people will not believe.
WE ALL KNOW  THAT OBASANJO BELIEVED IN 3RD TERM BUT HE DENIED IT. that is no contradiction
Re: If There Is No Heaven Or Threat Of Hell, Will You Prefer Devil To God? by pilgrim1(f): 11:26pm On Sep 29, 2008
helpee:

i can't possibly see any contradiction there.
have you ever seen a politician tell a lie before in order to confuse and convince you.
of course demons believe in God in the sense that they know he exist but they will deny him so that people will not believe.
WE ALL KNOW THAT OBASANJO BELIEVED IN 3RD TERM BUT HE DENIED IT. that is no contradiction

For someone to deny the existence of God and another to believe that God exists are worlds apart.
Re: If There Is No Heaven Or Threat Of Hell, Will You Prefer Devil To God? by Chrisbenogor(m): 11:29pm On Sep 29, 2008
helpee:

i hope you are not trying to say that Israelite kill in the name of God?
let me ask you my question

Would I be wrong to say that? Did God not "deliver" their enemies unto them? The seven nations in Canaan? The first born sons in the land of Egypt( celebrated passover) ?

Did God not have a hand in all of them?

Do you not think it is satanic to let 20 million homosexual and murderers live in Sodom and Gomorrah?

Please do not even start, you can go over to the homosexuality thread and read up. As for murderers, seems you do not read your bible well because it says even if they are murderers THOU SHALL NOT KILL. Why God fails to obey this commandment he gave to man is it not baffling eh?

In summary before you start giving people labels like label company, If you believe in God and if you believe God is morally perfect and you believe the bible is God's inspired word but at the same time you believe the killing of innocent people( women and children) is morally wrong then you have some reconciling to do.
Re: If There Is No Heaven Or Threat Of Hell, Will You Prefer Devil To God? by helpee(m): 11:36pm On Sep 29, 2008
@PILGRIM

I gave you a definition. If you ignored it because you want to force the title of satanist on everyone who does not fall
into your camp, I can bear with you.
the definition is that of a dragonist not a satanist. people worship different gods in the bible. even solomon worshipped strange gods and i don't think you will call him a satanist.

I pointed out that Bill Gates hasn't told you that he is a satanist, nor does he ascribe credit to the devil.
nobody comes out to say all glory be to devil. what you don't know is that what you don't say is as important as what you say. so if Bill Gate is not giving Glory to God, he even denies him, then he must be glorifying the devil.

The possessed man was not an atheist, nor did those demons cry out that they do not believe in God. As a matter of fact they referred to Christ as "Jesus, thou Son of God most high" (Luke 8:28). Does that sound like one claiming that there is no God?
don't quote me out of context. i am only saying that nobody is a vacuum. even in science, the space is not empty. so, if Bill Gate is expressly denying God then he must be occupied by the devil. don't even tell me the guy was just a genius to have founded microsoft. are you that naive? no, somebody is behind him and since we now know it is not God, who is it then? satan.
Re: If There Is No Heaven Or Threat Of Hell, Will You Prefer Devil To God? by davidylan4(m): 11:41pm On Sep 29, 2008
If there is no heaven or threat of hell then why would God or the devil exist? Stupid chicken and egg scenario eh?
Re: If There Is No Heaven Or Threat Of Hell, Will You Prefer Devil To God? by helpee(m): 11:47pm On Sep 29, 2008
davidylan*:

If there is no heaven or threat of hell then why would God or the devil exist? Stupid chicken and egg scenario eh?
are you a novice to the bible?
otherwise you should know that the existence of God pre-dates heaven.
have you forgotten genesis chapter1 where God created both heaven and earth.
so God is not existing because of heaven neither is the devil existing because oh hell
Re: If There Is No Heaven Or Threat Of Hell, Will You Prefer Devil To God? by davidylan4(m): 11:49pm On Sep 29, 2008
helpee:

are you a novice to the bible?
otherwise you should know that the existence of God pre-dates heaven.
have you forgotten genesis chapter1 where God created both heaven and earth.
so God is not existing because of heaven neither is the devil existing because oh hell

Did you know that the earth did not start from Gen 1 and that even the bible supports that?
Re: If There Is No Heaven Or Threat Of Hell, Will You Prefer Devil To God? by Chrisbenogor(m): 11:53pm On Sep 29, 2008
@helpee

I think you approach the bible predisposed that all the teachings in the bible are good, while it is true that there are good teachings in the bible still there are a lot of stories that should really make one cringe and shudder, children are murdered in cold blood, people are stoned to death for the most petty offences, lets be honest dude where is the goodness in that.
Its no wonder that our history books are full of witch hunts, inquisitions and genocides that have wiped out people all done in the name of God.
Re: If There Is No Heaven Or Threat Of Hell, Will You Prefer Devil To God? by helpee(m): 12:01am On Sep 30, 2008
@chrisbenogor
Would I be wrong to say that? Did God not "deliver" their enemies unto them? The seven nations in Canaan? The first born sons in the land of Egypt( celebrated passover) ?

i guess you would have been more comfortable if God had delivered them into the hand of their enemies abi?

Please do not even start, you can go over to the homosexuality thread and read up. As for murderers, seems you do not read your bible well because it says even if they are murderers THOU SHALL NOT KILL. Why God fails to obey this commandment he gave to man is it not baffling eh?
THOU SHALL NOT KILL YOU SAY?
have you read the bible very well. kill what? animals, chicken, man, friends or enemies? if you know the answer, tell me. when God said thou shall not kill, did you bother to ask, kill what? so if IRAN should attack nigeria today, we will fold our arms and allow them to kill us because the bible said thou shall not kill.

[b]In summary before you start giving people labels like label company, If you believe in God and if you believe God is morally perfect and you believe the bible is God's inspired word but at the same time you believe the killing of innocent people( women and children) is morally wrong then you have some reconciling to do.

what you don't know is that God can't be moral because he is not a human being. He is only Just. that is why in justice, you can sentence somebody to death.
by the way, do you ever remind our judges that the bible says thou shall not kill? why do they sentence people to death
Re: If There Is No Heaven Or Threat Of Hell, Will You Prefer Devil To God? by huxley(m): 12:06am On Sep 30, 2008
Chrisbenogor:

@helpee

I think you approach the bible predisposed that all the teachings in the bible are good, while it is true that there are good teachings in the bible still there are a lot of stories that should really make one cringe and shudder, children are murdered in cold blood, people are stoned to death for the most petty offences, lets be honest dude where is the goodness in that.
Its no wonder that our history books are full of witch hunts, inquisitions and genocides that have wiped out people all done in the name of God.

Parochial partisanship have desensiticise many people from the horrors of the bible.  As a christian kid, I use to take the side of the Jews in all their reported trouble with the non-Jews, until the age of about 12/13 (when a more balance moral compass kicked in) when it dawn on me that barbarism is barbarism, pure and simple.

In fact, I tried this thought experiment with some nieces of mine some months ago.  Their parents are Christian evangelical pastors in a small congregation in the UK. I asked what their opinion was of all the murders orchestrated and committed by the Jews (in the old testament, Number 31, etc).  I was not surprise when they came out rooting for the Jews.  These are 13 and 14 years girls with little sense of moral justice.

In fact, a similar but more elaborate experiment was conducted amongst children in Israel recently, and the results were shocking.  I shall post the result when I can find the write-up.
Re: If There Is No Heaven Or Threat Of Hell, Will You Prefer Devil To God? by helpee(m): 12:08am On Sep 30, 2008
davidylan*:

Did you know that the earth did not start from Gen 1 and that even the bible supports that?
i don't care where the earth started. it can even start in the book of Revelation but it didnt exist before God neither did Heaven nor hell. so as i said, God is not God because of heaven neither is devil devil because of hell
Re: If There Is No Heaven Or Threat Of Hell, Will You Prefer Devil To God? by Chrisbenogor(m): 12:13am On Sep 30, 2008
@helpee

I am not ready for circular arguments that have no end where you keep answering questions with questions, if in your mind you think that killing innocent people in the Name of and God is not wrong then fine, just hope you are not in the way of the next suicide bombing.
Re: If There Is No Heaven Or Threat Of Hell, Will You Prefer Devil To God? by helpee(m): 12:16am On Sep 30, 2008
Chrisbenogor:

@helpee

you seem to be describing the second world war.
what you are missing here is that the theme of the bible is not about jews or non jews, it is about God.
why were the jews succeeding with the killings despite the fact that they were a tiny nation.
you should also realise that the people that were living in bible times were human beings not angels so if WW2 could be that homicidal then it is not strange that it happened in the bible
Re: If There Is No Heaven Or Threat Of Hell, Will You Prefer Devil To God? by Chrisbenogor(m): 12:22am On Sep 30, 2008
helpee:

you seem to be describing the[b] second world war[/b].
what you are missing here is that the theme of the bible is not about jews or non jews, it is about God.
why were the jews succeeding with the killings despite the fact that they were a tiny nation.
you should also realise that the people that were living in bible times were human beings not angels so if WW2 could be that homicidal then it is not strange that it happened in the bible

Brother I am not talking about the second world war, what I am asking you today helpee as a full grown human being who is full of the spirit of the Lord most high,
Is it right to kill innocent women and children?

Simple question really,
Re: If There Is No Heaven Or Threat Of Hell, Will You Prefer Devil To God? by helpee(m): 12:27am On Sep 30, 2008
Chrisbenogor:

Brother I am not talking about the second world war, what I am asking you today helpee as a full grown human being who is full of the spirit of the Lord most high,

Simple question really,
what is your parameter for judging innocence?
how do you know those children are innocent afterall?
have you heard about kid soldiers in troubled spots of africa?
do you think that if those children are killed at the war front that presumed you are killing innocent children?
Re: If There Is No Heaven Or Threat Of Hell, Will You Prefer Devil To God? by Chrisbenogor(m): 12:47am On Sep 30, 2008
Just answer then we can look at the permutations

Re: If There Is No Heaven Or Threat Of Hell, Will You Prefer Devil To God? by helpee(m): 12:50am On Sep 30, 2008
but you are not answering me too. are they really innocent?
Re: If There Is No Heaven Or Threat Of Hell, Will You Prefer Devil To God? by Chrisbenogor(m): 12:57am On Sep 30, 2008
of course they are
Re: If There Is No Heaven Or Threat Of Hell, Will You Prefer Devil To God? by Chrisbenogor(m): 1:05am On Sep 30, 2008
If I got angry with you now and went to your family home with a machete killing everybody there would you say they were innocent? just answer simple questions bro or are you beginning to see the gruesome nature of your God?
Re: If There Is No Heaven Or Threat Of Hell, Will You Prefer Devil To God? by helpee(m): 6:26am On Sep 30, 2008
Chrisbenogor:

If I got angry with you now and went to your family home with a machete killing everybody there would you say they were innocent? just answer simple questions bro or are you beginning to see the gruesome nature of your God?
you yourself said it. you got angry with me and that means i did something wrong. have you seen police arrest a woman before simply because they cant find her husband. you may say its wrong but they do it despite all the cries about human right. if i owe you money now and i run away, i know you will go arrest my family. are they not innocent? but justice is rarely based on innocence and that's what makes it complex.
in Yoruba land a proverb says ORI YEYE NI MOGUN, TAI SE LO PO i.e several people have been beheaded at the shrine of the god of iron that are innocent.
Re: If There Is No Heaven Or Threat Of Hell, Will You Prefer Devil To God? by helpee(m): 6:38am On Sep 30, 2008
Chrisbenogor:

of course they are
this is pure assumption.
things are not always the way they appear. let me tell you a story.
an elderly angel and a baby angel went to visit two different couples. when they got to the first family, they were not well treated. when they wanted to sleep at night they saw a big hole on the wall and the elderly angel closed it.
when they got to to the second family, they were well treated and the following morning, the man discovered that his only cow, the only property he had died. the baby angel was baffled and he challenged his superior. you blocked a hole in the house of a wicked man and killed the only cow of a good man. the elderly angel told him that you don't judge on the surface. he said he discovered that the hole was filled with hidden gold and because that man was wicked, he blocked it. so also, the angel of death wanted to kill the good man but he told the angel to kill his cow instead.
so what you see may not be all to the matter.
Re: If There Is No Heaven Or Threat Of Hell, Will You Prefer Devil To God? by helpee(m): 7:10am On Sep 30, 2008
@PILGRIMAGE
did you read the encyclopedic link you provided.
they said satanist are technically atheist.
so you even agree with me  with the so called other definitions.
alright baby, i love you for  hiding your agreement with my position behind a link.
Re: If There Is No Heaven Or Threat Of Hell, Will You Prefer Devil To God? by helpee(m): 9:04am On Sep 30, 2008
huxley:

Parochial partisanship have desensiticise many people from the horrors of the bible.  As a christian kid, I use to take the side of the Jews in all their reported trouble with the non-Jews, until the age of about 12/13 (when a more balance moral compass kicked in) when it dawn on me that barbarism is barbarism, pure and simple.

In fact, I tried this thought experiment with some nieces of mine some months ago.  Their parents are Christian evangelical pastors in a small congregation in the UK. I asked what their opinion was of all the murders orchestrated and committed by the Jews (in the old testament, Number 31, etc).  I was not surprise when they came out rooting for the Jews.  These are 13 and 14 years girls with little sense of moral justice.

In fact, a similar but more elaborate experiment was conducted amongst children in Israel recently, and the results were shocking.  I shall post the result when I can find the write-up.
huxley, you only talked about peharps less than 100 people.
if you also need a study where thousands of children are in support of the jewish actions, i will oblige you
Re: If There Is No Heaven Or Threat Of Hell, Will You Prefer Devil To God? by pilgrim1(f): 9:16am On Sep 30, 2008
helpee:

@PILGRIMAGE
did you read the encyclopedic link you provided.
they said satanist are technically atheist.
so you even agree with me with the so called other definitions.
alright baby, i love you for hiding your agreement with my position behind a link.

Go back and read it again and see that I don't agree with you. wink
Re: If There Is No Heaven Or Threat Of Hell, Will You Prefer Devil To God? by helpee(m): 9:20am On Sep 30, 2008
i have read it and of course you agreed with me. anyway, i have answered you in my previous posts and if you can go back and read them very well, you agreed with point blank
Re: If There Is No Heaven Or Threat Of Hell, Will You Prefer Devil To God? by helpee(m): 9:28am On Sep 30, 2008
@PILGRIM
Quote from: PILGRIM

One who declares himself to be a worshipper of satan the devil. Of course, there are other definitions used by other people; but I don't equate atheists to be satanists.

So if  your own criteria for knowing a satanist is if he declares himself to be worshiper of satan.
then your own criteria for knowing a christian too will be any idiot that declares himself a worshiper of christ.
no, my dear. there is nothing in a name. and that is precisely what that encyclopaedia was talking about.
Jesus said by their fruit we will know them not by their name

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

T.b Joshua, PasTor Chris, Muoka , Do You Know This People Too Well / Must Tithe Be Paid In Church??? / Abu Dhabi Sheikhs Award Land Indians For Hindu Temple

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.