Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,862 members, 7,806,434 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:32 PM

If There Is No Heaven Or Threat Of Hell, Will You Prefer Devil To God? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If There Is No Heaven Or Threat Of Hell, Will You Prefer Devil To God? (3261 Views)

Hell Will Be Hotter For Deeper Life Sinners - W.F. Kumuyi / Is It Sinful To Deny Christ Under Threat Of Death? / The Catholic Pope Francis- There Is No Heaven Or Hell And Adam And Eve Not Real (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If There Is No Heaven Or Threat Of Hell, Will You Prefer Devil To God? by Nobody: 10:00am On Sep 30, 2008
if there is no heaven or hell there won,t be a devil, so quit asking stupid questions, for those who don,t believe in a God sorry to disappoint you the only reason why you are a being is because a higher power created you,and caused every other things to be and that i think is God.
Re: If There Is No Heaven Or Threat Of Hell, Will You Prefer Devil To God? by IDINRETE: 10:06am On Sep 30, 2008
wao! I love nairaland,  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

you guys are awesome  wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink
Re: If There Is No Heaven Or Threat Of Hell, Will You Prefer Devil To God? by helpee(m): 10:14am On Sep 30, 2008
df2006:

if there is no heaven or hell there won,t be a devil, so quit asking stupid questions, for those who don,t believe in a God sorry to disappoint you the only reason why you are a being is because a higher power created you,and caused every other things to be  and that i think is God.
before you jump into a forum to start displaying your ignorance, read the previous post first. most Christians are not reading the bible very well and you are one of them.
devil did not exist because of hell. in fact hell exist because of the devil. so, there was a devil before there was a hell. may be you don't even know that for now, nobody is in the HELL where devil and his cohorts will suffer everlasting doom. Go and read your revelation very well. when God created Heaven, devil was already around and that is why they called him MORNING STAR . so my friend, there could have being a God without heaven and there is a Devil that is even yet to get to hell. you think if the devil is presently suffering somewhere, he will have time to be causing havoc? no! he is not yet suffering in hell, that will be post rapture
Re: If There Is No Heaven Or Threat Of Hell, Will You Prefer Devil To God? by helpee(m): 1:17pm On Sep 30, 2008
IDINRETE:

wao! I love nairaland,  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

you guys are awesome  wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink
Re: If There Is No Heaven Or Threat Of Hell, Will You Prefer Devil To God? by Gamine(f): 2:07pm On Sep 30, 2008
@Whenever is a Bad thing Good?? undecided

You need Help my friend.
Re: If There Is No Heaven Or Threat Of Hell, Will You Prefer Devil To God? by helpee(m): 2:20pm On Sep 30, 2008
Gamine:

@Whenever is a Bad thing Good?? undecided

You need Help my friend.
did you ever hear me say something is good or bad?
i am not asking you whether God is Good or Devil is bad.
i am saying if all chips are down, who will you choose.
you just keep mentioning help. don't you see it as a matter of urgency to help me by answering this question fast instead of hiding behind the cotton of morality which i don't really think you possess
Re: If There Is No Heaven Or Threat Of Hell, Will You Prefer Devil To God? by Cristalz(f): 2:44pm On Sep 30, 2008
helpee:

don't you see it as a matter of urgency to help me by answering this question fast instead of hiding behind the cotton of morality which i don't really think you possess

How exactly does the answer to this question help you? Cos you're going to get a whole variety of answers undecided
Re: If There Is No Heaven Or Threat Of Hell, Will You Prefer Devil To God? by helpee(m): 2:52pm On Sep 30, 2008
Cristalz:

How exactly does the answer to this question help you? because you're going to get a whole variety of answers undecided
is that what you think? varieties of answers?
i seriously doubt it. Nigerians are so fake that none of them will want people to think they are corrupt or evil.
Go to church and see fake display of holiness. many people that are claiming holiness here are more active in romance section where the issue of boyfriend is the hottest gist.
sometimes, i wonder if Nigeria will be better without churches because people will better be able to express themselves without fear of being demonized. do you know that the former NDDC chairman that used all our money to do juju was very active in the church. oyinbos are progressing because if dem be witch, dem go talk but nigerians, no way! they think helpee is another anti-christ on nairaland
Re: If There Is No Heaven Or Threat Of Hell, Will You Prefer Devil To God? by Gamine(f): 3:06pm On Sep 30, 2008
This dude is not seeking for answers.

Jesus didnt come to save our pockets, He came to save our souls.

@Helpee

So what does God represent and what does the Devil rep
Re: If There Is No Heaven Or Threat Of Hell, Will You Prefer Devil To God? by Cristalz(f): 3:12pm On Sep 30, 2008
@helpee

Whats wrong with talking about boyfriends in the Romance section?  undecided Even pastors had girlfriends before the women became wives,whether they chose to call the woman in question 'special sister' or 'chosen one'.

True that some Nigerians aren't honest,but its the same about most other people everywhere else in the world.  .  .

And who thinks you're an anti-christ?
Re: If There Is No Heaven Or Threat Of Hell, Will You Prefer Devil To God? by helpee(m): 3:27pm On Sep 30, 2008
Gamine:

This dude is not seeking for answers.

Jesus didnt come to save our pockets, He came to save our souls.

@Helpee

So what does God represent and what does the Devil rep
And while jesus was busy neglecting our pocket, the devil stole the soul using that same pocket.
have you forgotten what jesus said? Where your treasure is, there your heart will be also
Re: If There Is No Heaven Or Threat Of Hell, Will You Prefer Devil To God? by helpee(m): 3:34pm On Sep 30, 2008
author=Cristalz link=topic=177268.msg2873235#msg2873235 date=1222783972]
@helpee

Whats wrong with talking about boyfriends in the Romance section?  undecided Even pastors had girlfriends before the women became wives,whether they chose to call the woman in question 'special sister' or 'chosen one'.

the same way  nothing is wrong if you tell whether you will go for the devil if there is no hell

And who thinks you're an anti-Christ?

ask Gamine. she even think i am more
Re: If There Is No Heaven Or Threat Of Hell, Will You Prefer Devil To God? by Cristalz(f): 3:55pm On Sep 30, 2008
@helpee

I asked you the first question cos you said Christians acting holy here go to Romance to talk about boyfriends. And i don't see anything wrong in going to talk about boyfriends on Romance. . .not talking about boyfriends is the real hypocrisy. . .like telling your 13-year old daughter that babies are found under cocoyam leaves cos you don't want to tarnish her 'spiritual upbringing'. grin

As for your no devil no hell question,its not a bad one. Before i answer tho,i'v got one of mine. . .in this no devil, no hell picture,is there still God?
Re: If There Is No Heaven Or Threat Of Hell, Will You Prefer Devil To God? by helpee(m): 4:06pm On Sep 30, 2008
Cristalz:

@helpee

I asked you the first question because you said Christians acting holy here go to Romance to talk about boyfriends. And i don't see anything wrong in going to talk about boyfriends on Romance. . .not talking about boyfriends is the real hypocrisy. . .like telling your 13-year old daughter that babies are found under cocoyam leaves because you don't want to tarnish her 'spiritual upbringing'. grin

As for your no devil no hell question,its not a bad one. Before i answer tho,i'v got one of mine. . .in this no devil, no hell picture,is there still God?

of course God is always there.
but what i want to know is this, if God is not going to punish you for choosing the devil, who will you honestly choose. devil or God?
Re: If There Is No Heaven Or Threat Of Hell, Will You Prefer Devil To God? by helpee(m): 5:41pm On Sep 30, 2008
if people hate devil so much like this that nobody is willing to identify with him even on a forum where nobody can see your face, who is doing those killings, committing those crimes, consulting the now flourishing babalawo business. tell me, who?
Re: If There Is No Heaven Or Threat Of Hell, Will You Prefer Devil To God? by Chrisbenogor(m): 7:06pm On Sep 30, 2008
@Helpee

I think you need help, your thoughts are not coherent. How do you even survive?

I want to ignore you but when I see more of you posts I am just quite sure that you cannot hold a coherent discussion with anybody. look at the issue of innocence we were talking about, you turned and twisted around the truth. You do not believe that a baby can be innocent dude you seriously need help!
Re: If There Is No Heaven Or Threat Of Hell, Will You Prefer Devil To God? by helpee(m): 8:16pm On Sep 30, 2008
Chrisbenogor:

@Helpee

I think you need help, your thoughts are not coherent. How do you even survive?

I want to ignore you but when I see more of you posts I am just quite sure  that you cannot hold a coherent discussion with anybody. look at the issue of innocence we were talking about, you turned and twisted around the truth. You do not believe that a baby can be innocent dude you seriously need help!

let the sleeping dog lie then
Re: If There Is No Heaven Or Threat Of Hell, Will You Prefer Devil To God? by Cristalz(f): 8:30pm On Sep 30, 2008
@helpee

Insults already?
Re: If There Is No Heaven Or Threat Of Hell, Will You Prefer Devil To God? by helpee(m): 8:43pm On Sep 30, 2008
Cristalz:

@helpee

Insults already?
nope! just charging the atmosphere
Re: If There Is No Heaven Or Threat Of Hell, Will You Prefer Devil To God? by Nobody: 8:50pm On Sep 30, 2008
my guy you delete heaven and hell, devil will not have any relevance, in fact nobody will be under pressure to be christians or muslims go find out the origin of heaven and hell dating back to the begining of christianity then ya eyes go open, you no go dey ask mind bending questions.
Re: If There Is No Heaven Or Threat Of Hell, Will You Prefer Devil To God? by helpee(m): 8:55pm On Sep 30, 2008
df2006:

my guy you delete heaven and hell, devil will not have any relevance, in fact nobody will be under pressure to be christians or muslims go find out the origin of heaven and hell dating back to the begining of christianity then ya eyes go open, you no go dey ask mind bending questions.
in that case , even God will have no relevance too?
because according to you, nobody will be under pressure to be christians or muslims. so, are we serving God because we love him or because of fear of hell and anticipation of heaven?
Re: If There Is No Heaven Or Threat Of Hell, Will You Prefer Devil To God? by Cristalz(f): 10:04pm On Sep 30, 2008
Cos I love him.Which means if there waz neither heaven nor hell I would still go God's way cos i've got a conscience that works. . .i know not to treat my fellow beings in ways i wouldn't want to be treated, and i know to avoid things that are not beneficial to me physically or spiritually.

I'm the way i am and heaven/hell changes it not.

So,there you go helpee. One straightforward answer. Are you taking a poll or something? Cos no offence,but i really don't see how people's response is going to affect your life or thot processes undecided

Anyway i don't think you'll be satisfied wither way cos if people say they would go the way of Lucifer you will say,''i knew it''. If people answer the way i have you will say ''you're not being honest''.
So just let your question go already and live your own life the best way you can wink Cos in the end there is heaven,and there is hell,and therez nuthin you nor i can do about it grin
Re: If There Is No Heaven Or Threat Of Hell, Will You Prefer Devil To God? by helpee(m): 10:20pm On Sep 30, 2008
Cristalz:

because I love him.Which means if there waz neither heaven nor hell I would still go God's way because i've got a conscience that works. . .i know not to treat my fellow beings in ways i wouldn't want to be treated, and i know to avoid things that are not beneficial to me physically or spiritually.

I'm the way i am and heaven/hell changes it not.

So,there you go helpee. One straightforward answer. Are you taking a poll or something? because no offence,but i really don't see how people's response is going to affect your life or thot processes undecided

Anyway i don't think you'll be satisfied wither way because if people say they would go the way of Lucifer you will say,''i knew it''. If people answer the way i have you will say ''you're not being honest''.
So just let your question go already and live your own life the best way you can wink because in the end there is heaven,and there is hell,and therez nuthin you nor i can do about it grin
on the contrary, i cant blame you for choosing God or anybody else for choosing the devil. your decision will not influence what i already believe but you are right, there is nothing we can do about it. i think God should be our central message not heaven or hell. if you get to heaven today and God is not there, regardless of the enjoyment, you are supposed to leave in search of your savior because HE is the key. thank you sweet girl.
Re: If There Is No Heaven Or Threat Of Hell, Will You Prefer Devil To God? by Nobody: 11:51pm On Sep 30, 2008
God has to be relevant, like i said earlier, he,s your creator, from where you get your being. he should,nt be served because of heaven and hell. just sit and think, imagine how you came to be, how you materialized, regardless of what you,ve turn out to be, that alone is enough to worship him, you better begin thank me too grin grin grin nice one crystalz.
Re: If There Is No Heaven Or Threat Of Hell, Will You Prefer Devil To God? by Backslider(m): 8:02pm On Oct 01, 2008
@poster

Please close your eyes for 1 min as you do so you are without light. when you open your eyes you would have been without light for 1 min.

The complete Abscence of God is Hell. The complete Presence of God is Heaven. Anywhere God dwells is heaven for any Christian.

The wrath of God is his perfect Absence.
Re: If There Is No Heaven Or Threat Of Hell, Will You Prefer Devil To God? by helpee(m): 9:19pm On Oct 01, 2008
Backslider:

@poster

Please close your eyes for 1 min as you do so you are without light. when you open your eyes you would have been without light for 1 min.

The complete Abscence of God is Hell. The complete Presence of God is Heaven. Anywhere God dwells is heaven for any Christian.

The wrath of God is his perfect Absence.

i dont understand pleaseeeeeeee
Re: If There Is No Heaven Or Threat Of Hell, Will You Prefer Devil To God? by donnie(m): 6:45pm On Jul 20, 2009
While i see the topic as an interesting one and one that deserves real honest responses, i will choose God anytime.

The reason some of us serve God is because we love him and its our nature to do so; not just because of heaven or hell even though these realy do exist.

And where did you find in the bible that there is no one in hell now?

The wages of (payment for) sin is death. This isnt just refering to physical death but spiritual. It's a law, not a promise ; just like you have natural laws like the law of electricity. If you touch it with your bare hands, it'll shock you.

Just like there is a law of sin, there is also a law of the Spirit; that law of liberty which gives eternal freedom from the dominion of sin. If you walk in the Spirit, you shall not fulfil the works of the flesh(senses). It is impossible to walk in the Spirit and at the same time, be under the dominion of the flesh.

Man is a spirit, just like God is a Spirit. He has a soul and lives in a body.
The spirit of the one who has been born again (recreated after the image of Christ) is an overcomer and aught not to love or be in bondage to sin. Sin is no longer his master and is no longer part of his nature.

Remember that the fruit of the spirit(Recreated human spirit) is Love and God is love. Love is what this new man has within himself, not selfishness. His flesh (senses) may still lung after those old desires but that is why the bible tells us to be transformed by the renewing of our minds -Rom 12:2. He must remember that the old man is crucified with his affections and lusts -Rom 6:6. This new man is not a body but a spirit who should and can live in dominion over sin, death and the devil. This is where you find true and lasting pleasures, peace and fulfilment and joy. To sin is unnatural for the christian for he is not in the flesh but in the Spirit. To live in sin is to malfuntion. That is why the bible says, if we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit -Gal 5:25.

lastly, sin in itself has torment, the pleasures of sin are passing, non-lasting, decietful and nothing compared to the joy of an everlasting abundant relationship with our loving father and his son Jesus through the power of the Holy Spirit.

This is what we call joy unspeakable and full of glory. . . pleasures evermore. Go for the Word for faith cometh by hearing.
Re: If There Is No Heaven Or Threat Of Hell, Will You Prefer Devil To God? by helpee(m): 7:00pm On Feb 12, 2016
GOD! i really had time in those days. HEAVEN OR HELL?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Most Translated Book After The Bible / How Long Does It Take For Species To Evolve? / Can Prayer Change Destiny ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.