Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,867 members, 7,802,798 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:46 PM

If God Refuses To Answer Your Prayers And You Consult Herbalist, Is It A Sin? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If God Refuses To Answer Your Prayers And You Consult Herbalist, Is It A Sin? (4305 Views)

Spiritual Battle Between Pastor & Herbalist In Ghana - PICS / 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers / Ways To Get God To Answer Your Prayers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

If God Refuses To Answer Your Prayers And You Consult Herbalist, Is It A Sin? by helpee(m): 8:38am On Sep 30, 2008
LET US BEGIN TO ASK OURSELVES FRANK QUESTIONS
why is so easy to blame people when they seek for alternative solution to their problem after series of failed prayers with God and night vigil. When somebody keeps looking for a child for years and later consult herbalist, we will start blaming them. don't talk about Abraham because he also looked for alternative solution by impregnating a slave girl.
people can pass through a lot of financial difficulties for years but God will keep quiet. when you now seek for help somewhere else, God will not be happy. don't tell me Gods time is the best because people in  their millions are in the grave who waited for years for that Gods time that never came.
don't you think heaven help those who help themselves?
isn't  it time we start looking for solution somewhere else if the help is not forthcoming from the church?
Re: If God Refuses To Answer Your Prayers And You Consult Herbalist, Is It A Sin? by pilgrim1(f): 8:52am On Sep 30, 2008
helpee:

don't talk about Abraham because he also looked for alternative solution by impregnating a slave girl.

Frank question: did Abraham consult a herbalist?

1 Like

Re: If God Refuses To Answer Your Prayers And You Consult Herbalist, Is It A Sin? by lelele: 8:57am On Sep 30, 2008
Hello Pilgrim

Nie readin yr posts, feel u ar a devout xtian. wuld b nice if we culd chat on messenger.
Re: If God Refuses To Answer Your Prayers And You Consult Herbalist, Is It A Sin? by helpee(m): 8:59am On Sep 30, 2008
pilgrim.1:

Frank question: did Abraham consult a herbalist?
he didnt need to; he already knew the solution. sleep with the slave
Re: If God Refuses To Answer Your Prayers And You Consult Herbalist, Is It A Sin? by jennykadri: 9:00am On Sep 30, 2008
this poster sef,

if uve consulted a herbalist,then carry waka now

i wonder when God stopped answering prayers,especially if the prayer is prayed whole heartedly
Re: If God Refuses To Answer Your Prayers And You Consult Herbalist, Is It A Sin? by pilgrim1(f): 9:02am On Sep 30, 2008
Hi @lelele,

lelele:

Nie readin yr posts, feel u ar a devout Christian. wuld b nice if we culd chat on messenger.

That's great to know. I'll make my email contact available on my profile for a day or two and hope to see you anytime soon on YIM. Blessings. smiley
Re: If God Refuses To Answer Your Prayers And You Consult Herbalist, Is It A Sin? by pilgrim1(f): 9:04am On Sep 30, 2008
helpee:

he didnt need to; he already knew the solution. sleep with the slave

I think you assume too much and often weave issues to drive your views. The point is made: Abraham did not seek your alternative solution of herbalist, and one would wonder how you connect him to your theory. Anyhow, enjoy your ideology and pursue your herbalist solution. Take care.
Re: If God Refuses To Answer Your Prayers And You Consult Herbalist, Is It A Sin? by pilgrim1(f): 9:06am On Sep 30, 2008
jennykadri:

i wonder when God stopped answering prayers,especially if the prayer is prayed whole heartedly

Abi O. cheesy
Re: If God Refuses To Answer Your Prayers And You Consult Herbalist, Is It A Sin? by helpee(m): 9:11am On Sep 30, 2008
jennykadri:

this poster sef,

so you think that the criteria God uses to answer prayer is how much or how hard you pray, no my dear. your prayer can't use God to work for you but God can use your prayer to work for you. prayer is meaningless if nobody is answering and it is not how hard you pray.
God said
i will have mercy on whom i will have mercy
also, it is not by might or by power but by my spirit says the lord
Re: If God Refuses To Answer Your Prayers And You Consult Herbalist, Is It A Sin? by helpee(m): 9:16am On Sep 30, 2008
pilgrim.1:

I think you assume too much and often weave issues to drive your views. The point is made: Abraham did not seek your alternative solution of herbalist, and one would wonder how you connect him to your theory. Anyhow, enjoy your ideology and pursue your herbalist solution. Take care.
no my dear. you always quote me out of context. what you dont know is that wether you seek herbalist or not, once you derail from what God said, you have sinned. seeking herbalist is not different from sleeping with your slave. the bottom line is that you are looking for alternative solution. solomon sought strange gods when God was not forthcoming. so also was Saul and many other like that. the bottom like is this, they left God in search of alternative solution.
Re: If God Refuses To Answer Your Prayers And You Consult Herbalist, Is It A Sin? by pilgrim1(f): 9:32am On Sep 30, 2008
helpee:

no my dear. you always quote me out of context. what you don't know is that wether you seek herbalist or not, once you derail from what God said, you have sinned. seeking herbalist is not different from sleeping with your slave. the bottom line is that you are looking for alternative solution. solomon sought strange gods when God was not forthcoming. so also was Saul and many other like that. the bottom like is this, they left God in search of alternative solution.

If your point is that Abraham derailed by sleeping with a slave girl (no insults to the Egyptians), I can well bear with you. What you should understand is that God made him a promise and He fulfilled His promise.
Re: If God Refuses To Answer Your Prayers And You Consult Herbalist, Is It A Sin? by helpee(m): 9:38am On Sep 30, 2008
pilgrim.1:

If your point is that Abraham derailed by sleeping with a slave girl (no insults to the Egyptians), I can well bear with you. What you should understand is that God made him a promise and He fulfilled His promise.
of course he fulfilled it but at what cost?
At the cost of the world peace! if that promise had come earlier, he wouldnt have slept with the slave and there will be no muslims, no osama bin laden or religious differences. dont you think the promise came too late. a lot of harm had been done
Re: If God Refuses To Answer Your Prayers And You Consult Herbalist, Is It A Sin? by Nobody: 10:04am On Sep 30, 2008
my friend your thoughts are still shallow, go expand your mind, do more thinking and you won,t be posting this kind of thread.
Re: If God Refuses To Answer Your Prayers And You Consult Herbalist, Is It A Sin? by helpee(m): 10:18am On Sep 30, 2008
df2006:

my friend your thoughts are still shallow, go expand your mind, do more thinking and you won,t be posting this kind of thread.
i understand that you don't have anything reasonable to contribute.
i guess constructive thinking is too hard for you.
its a high time seun introduced kiddies section for immature contributors like you
Re: If God Refuses To Answer Your Prayers And You Consult Herbalist, Is It A Sin? by PastorAIO: 11:15am On Sep 30, 2008
Do you mean by herbalist a juju man? They are quite different. A herbalist makes medicines with herbs. In fact most medicines are made from herbs or certain active ingredients found in herbs. Me, I use herbs well well. I don't think it contradicts my religious faith. However employing the help of evil spirits to effect anything is a different matter altogether.
Re: If God Refuses To Answer Your Prayers And You Consult Herbalist, Is It A Sin? by pilgrim1(f): 11:58am On Sep 30, 2008
helpee:

of course he fulfilled it but at what cost?
At the cost of the world peace! if that promise had come earlier, he wouldnt have slept with the slave and there will be no muslims, no osama bin laden or religious differences. don't you think the promise came too late. a lot of harm had been done

My point is made: Abraham does not belong to your herbalist alternative support programme (HASP). QED.
Re: If God Refuses To Answer Your Prayers And You Consult Herbalist, Is It A Sin? by pilgrim1(f): 11:58am On Sep 30, 2008
df2006:

I noticed. Cheers. wink
Re: If God Refuses To Answer Your Prayers And You Consult Herbalist, Is It A Sin? by helpee(m): 1:03pm On Sep 30, 2008
pilgrim.1:

I noticed. Cheers. wink
alliance of the defeated
Re: If God Refuses To Answer Your Prayers And You Consult Herbalist, Is It A Sin? by pilgrim1(f): 1:05pm On Sep 30, 2008
helpee:

alliance of the defeated

Thanks. Are you satisfied now?
Re: If God Refuses To Answer Your Prayers And You Consult Herbalist, Is It A Sin? by helpee(m): 1:10pm On Sep 30, 2008
pilgrim.1:

My point is made: Abraham does not belong to your herbalist alternative support programme (HASP). QED.
Time to move on. its obvious you  don't know what to say again so you can pick petty issues while ignoring the main show.
just remember next  that before you bump into a post and start insisting on BILL GATES as you did yesterday that you are up to the task. i warned you yesterday even agreed with your weak position so that we could moved on but you insisted and now you showing signs of frustration.
Re: If God Refuses To Answer Your Prayers And You Consult Herbalist, Is It A Sin? by pilgrim1(f): 1:20pm On Sep 30, 2008
helpee:

Time to move on. its obvious you  don't know what to say again so you can pick petty issues while ignoring the main show.

Thanks, I'm done already - nothing worth looking into here. A quick glance at your topic should have helped your reasoning if you had gist. Anyone would have wondered about the connection between Abraham and your herbalist alternative support programme. Pity it was a false alarm. . . which is not unusual. Anyway, enjoy.

helpee:

just remember next  that before you bump into a post and start insisting on BILL GATES as you did yesterday that you are up to the task.

This is hilarious! cheesy grin Are you still nursing bruises from the past? Awww. . . I was long done with that and left it. M-e-n!! I didn't know you could be this petty and still living in yesterday! Ok, does it make you feel better if I apologize for my not accusing and/or lying against Bill Gates? Okay then, I'm sorry, sorry, sorry. . . do you feel better now? Good. Hint: Bill gates has not told you that he's a satanist, so I won't flag up for your camp to accuse him falsely. Sorry again O! grin

helpee:

i warned you yesterday even agreed with your weak position so that we could moved on but you insisted and now you showing signs of frustration.

Lol, how could I agree with you when the facts clearly did not support your agenda? Won't that be below my station? We could have moved on, helpee, but at what cost - my pretending to subscribe to issues which are not there? No, I'm sorry again, but that is not the sort of discussant I project of myself. I don't go about hyperventilating with false accusations against people. We can move on if the gist invites an acknowledgement of simple truth without false accusations. Where that is vacant, I take my leave.

Cheers.
Re: If God Refuses To Answer Your Prayers And You Consult Herbalist, Is It A Sin? by helpee(m): 1:33pm On Sep 30, 2008
Pastor AIO:

Do you mean by herbalist a juju man? They are quite different. A herbalist makes medicines with herbs. In fact most medicines are made from herbs or certain active ingredients found in herbs. Me, I use herbs well well. I don't think it contradicts my religious faith. However employing the help of evil spirits to effect anything is a different matter altogether.

most herbs will eventually require the use incantations. don't you think that is evil
Re: If God Refuses To Answer Your Prayers And You Consult Herbalist, Is It A Sin? by ayinba1(f): 1:37pm On Sep 30, 2008
@question
What do you think?
Re: If God Refuses To Answer Your Prayers And You Consult Herbalist, Is It A Sin? by helpee(m): 1:48pm On Sep 30, 2008
ayinba1:

@question
What do you think?
that is why i need your help here. i don't think anything.
i am just wondering whether God can just allow us to consult others when things are not really working.
unless we want to deny the obvious, thousands of people out there are trying to cut corners with Godand they seem to be getting away with it. so why can't we do the same thing?
Re: If God Refuses To Answer Your Prayers And You Consult Herbalist, Is It A Sin? by Gamine(f): 1:57pm On Sep 30, 2008
Helpee.

i get the feeling that you really do need help

and you are as confused as an ant in a sea of spike

You dont know what God is, Who an herbalist is, what sin is and what prayer is.
Re: If God Refuses To Answer Your Prayers And You Consult Herbalist, Is It A Sin? by helpee(m): 2:10pm On Sep 30, 2008
Gamine:

Helpee.

i get the feeling that you really do need help

and you are as confused as an ant in a sea of spike

You don't know what God is, Who an herbalist is, what sin is and what prayer is.
yes and that is the reason why i am asking you the question.
since you have experience with all of them, you know who God is, you have dined with several herbalists, you are an unrepentant and perhaps, hopeless sinner despite all your hypocritical prayers, can you please enlighten and help grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin me.
Re: If God Refuses To Answer Your Prayers And You Consult Herbalist, Is It A Sin? by Cristalz(f): 2:34pm On Sep 30, 2008
@poster

What happened to faith? Waiting on the Lord?
Re: If God Refuses To Answer Your Prayers And You Consult Herbalist, Is It A Sin? by helpee(m): 2:42pm On Sep 30, 2008
Cristalz:

@poster

What happened to faith? Waiting on the Lord?
but sometimes, bad[b] fate can dictate your faith[/b]
its very easy to advise others to wait on the lord but when you are directly invoved, it can be very difficult and makes alternative solution very appealing.
Re: If God Refuses To Answer Your Prayers And You Consult Herbalist, Is It A Sin? by Cristalz(f): 2:54pm On Sep 30, 2008
helpee:

but sometimes, bad[b] fate can dictate your faith[/b]
its very easy to advise others to wait on the lord but when you are directly invoved, it can be very difficult and makes alternative solution very appealing.

Think Job. . .there was nothing super-human about him. Remember all you need is one as small as a mustard seed wink Alternative solutions always seem appealing,but the effects are not nearly as long-lasting as when you get God's help.

This is part of the reasons the Bible teaches faith. . .
Re: If God Refuses To Answer Your Prayers And You Consult Herbalist, Is It A Sin? by helpee(m): 3:04pm On Sep 30, 2008
Cristalz:

Think Job.  .  .there was nothing super-human about him. Remember all you need is one as small as a mustard seed wink Alternative solutions always seem appealing,but the effects are not nearly as long-lasting as when you get God's help.

This is part of the reasons the Bible teaches faith.  .  .

i feel you my dear. you will make a good wife. at least, if i am discouraged, i can lean on you.
but, seriously speaking, job was a good example. only that he stopped having faith in Gods willingness to help him at a time. please, don't get me wrong. he knew God could do it but he was now wondering whether God was really ready to help him. the question is not wether God can do it but wether God is willing to do it?
Re: If God Refuses To Answer Your Prayers And You Consult Herbalist, Is It A Sin? by helpee(m): 3:12pm On Sep 30, 2008
@Cristalz
Remember all you need is one as small as a mustard seed wink

but the truth about mustard seed is that it grows very fast. when Jesus was talking about mustard seed, he was talking about a faith that grows fast. so don't expect that you will always MOVE A MOUNTAIN SIZE PROBLEM WITH A MUSTARD SEED FAITH. otherwise jesus would not have marveled at the lack of faith that made it difficult to perform miracles among his people
with the early rain, the mustard seed germinate but with the latter rain it is already a big tree. that is fast men.
Re: If God Refuses To Answer Your Prayers And You Consult Herbalist, Is It A Sin? by kokorunna(m): 3:18pm On Sep 30, 2008
Consulting a herbalist in the first place is a SIN because they are devil worshippers. Secondly God answers prayer and PATIENCE is the word, christians are never patient they want their prayers answered immediately.

If you are patient enough and pray at the problem, God will answer it.  cool

www.moneysaversforum.com

(1) (2) (Reply)

If God Ask You To Make A Wish, What Would You Ask For? / Does God Choose For Us Our Life Partners? / Osanyin (osain / Ozain) Talking In My Shrine [video]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.