Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,306 members, 7,780,724 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:45 PM

Yahoo Messenger Not Working On My Laptop - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Yahoo Messenger Not Working On My Laptop (7459 Views)

BBM For PC Download, Blackberry Messenger For Windows7/8/vista Computer / Is Your Glo BIS Still Working On Your PC? / How Do I Retrieve My Offline Messages From Yahoo Messenger? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yahoo Messenger Not Working On My Laptop by samtek(m): 10:17pm On Sep 30, 2008
i need help!
yahoo messenger does not work on my system i do not know what to do
when i click on the yahoo! messenger icon, the dialog page popup requesting my user name and password,
but after i enter them into their required field, the page disappear and thats it
i tried unstalling my yahoo messenger and install a new one, but thesame problem still repeats itself
i even downloaded the new version 9. , and thesame thing still happened.
I NEED HELP. what do i do o make it work?
Re: Yahoo Messenger Not Working On My Laptop by idupaul: 10:24pm On Sep 30, 2008
check ur connection preferences in the messenger settings, if u browse from a proxy setup , try and make adjustments. if u cant do it make use of a broser based instant messenger like ebuddy.com
Re: Yahoo Messenger Not Working On My Laptop by samtek(m): 9:17am On Oct 01, 2008
guy thanks but the ebuddy only has provision for msn messenger not yahoo
and dont use msn as a matter of the msn works perfectly on my system
is there nothing i can do to get the yahoo to work the prefrence page is not
opening either.

Help plz.
Re: Yahoo Messenger Not Working On My Laptop by idupaul: 9:21am On Oct 01, 2008
e buddy has provision for every instant mesenger fom msn to google talk, believe me yahoo is there just below msn .pls look
Re: Yahoo Messenger Not Working On My Laptop by samtek(m): 12:01pm On Oct 01, 2008
thank y i have seen it
yahoo is there mean while there is a thread on this forum that shows how to solve the prob
so i'm reinstslling my yahoo so i can try it out if it wld really work for it
THANKS
Re: Yahoo Messenger Not Working On My Laptop by sameolg616(m): 12:11am On Oct 13, 2008
ur problem is simple,
ur infected with a smart trojan called amvo.exe with its variants, most antivirus wont detect it, download hijackthis and run a system scan ,find amvo.exe,select and delete it,
or install avast , during istallation, prompt it to do a boot time scan at startup,
Re: Yahoo Messenger Not Working On My Laptop by stancozy(m): 1:17am On Oct 15, 2008
thank God i finally fond a thread about yahoo messanger, i wantttttttttt to know how long it takes a yahoomessanger to install,cos i have downloaded versions 8 and 9, but they dont seem to install,dey just keep dowloading and showind percentges and never stops, any solution? or i should be patient for 20hrs?
Re: Yahoo Messenger Not Working On My Laptop by samtek(m): 8:53am On Oct 15, 2008
i had thesame problem my wld never stop downloading so i copied the messenger frm my friedns system
but though 1ce the version 9 actuall installed on my system after i left it to dnload allnight long but i deleted it
cos they still had that yahoo ghost prob. now that its been solved i cant to be able to upgrade to version even wen i
still left it allnight.
if you find an actual soln plz dont forget to post it here.
i dont think time is its problem
Re: Yahoo Messenger Not Working On My Laptop by gongoaso1: 8:37pm On Oct 15, 2008
hi chief, u can download from www.brothersoft.com. it actually allows you to download the installation file afterwards you can install wethere you are online or not. instaed of downloading straight from yahoo in which case it installs straight from yahoo and could take ages undecided
Re: Yahoo Messenger Not Working On My Laptop by dejsmiles(m): 10:06pm On Oct 29, 2008
pls am having the same problem here.am using window vista home premium and the problem am having is that I have been trying to download yahoo messenger 7,8,9 for several times but it never complette download.pls help.
Re: Yahoo Messenger Not Working On My Laptop by betheldgr8(m): 10:48am On Nov 11, 2008
i work in a cyber cafe, all my systems including the server, i installed yahoo messenger 8.0, any time u enter a chat room, the system hangs, i uninstalled and installed version 7 and also the same thing. Now i use version 6 cos thats what works both in chatrooms.what could possibly be the problem and d solution?
Re: Yahoo Messenger Not Working On My Laptop by mustahsan: 4:12pm On May 15, 2011
messenger works but when i open chat box to chat with someone my conversation doesn't appears , whats the problem ?? can u teme??
Re: Yahoo Messenger Not Working On My Laptop by deji2009(m): 4:52pm On May 15, 2011
click start, run and type in appwiz.cpl and then press enter,

a list of programme would appear make sure you dont have norton

security installed and check you only have one security and

not two as this may conflict with one another then try again.

If you use a usb dongle to connect it may take longer to

download programmes such as yahoo messenger.

If no joy click start run and type mrt press enter

go for full scan and wait for result.

On replying back please post to

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-301179.0.html
Re: Yahoo Messenger Not Working On My Laptop by ola80(m): 5:02pm On May 15, 2011
@poster

Why dont u try to get version 8.1.0.421. It works great on my laptop. You can search for the setup on google.
Re: Yahoo Messenger Not Working On My Laptop by femi4: 7:04am On May 16, 2011
google and download yahoo messenger offline installer

(1) (Reply)

How To Convert Your Powerpoint Presentation To A Video File / 25 Most Notorious Hackers To Ever Get Caught / Tips For Staying Safe Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.