Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,964 members, 7,803,203 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 11:13 AM

2d/3d/texture Artists,sound Efx,post Production And The Likes: It Is Time - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / 2d/3d/texture Artists,sound Efx,post Production And The Likes: It Is Time (1872 Views)

AE & PP Workflow In Post-production / 2d/3d Art Gallery / 2d Traditional/Classical Animation Corner. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

2d/3d/texture Artists,sound Efx,post Production And The Likes: It Is Time by resichild(m): 3:25am On Oct 01, 2008
First off, i would like to apologise for not posting this thread earllier.
Let me just cut to the chase, I am trying to start a team to do a pilot 3D animated movie of 5mins to be able to source for funds and then make a feature length movie. It will be the first of its kind in Naija thus opening up the graphics industry which our beloved country badly needs(home videos? lipsrsealed). Right now, the team needs serious minded people ready to work as a unit to make this project see the light of day. Do not take this lightly or as one of those pleas from an enthusiast. As long as you see it that way, there is already no room for you on the team. The team is already 5people strong which have been carefully selected amidst other entries(their presence here in nairaland has already been felt). If you think you have a good command of any related skill (3D modelling, 2D Art, Sound Efx, Post Production, Texture Artist, Animators, Rigging and Studio Access and other relative skills)that can be used in this project please hop over to the thread called "3D Graphic Guys&Girls:wake up Call" to see whats been going on. The summary of it all is as follows:
1. Project to assemble a team for a 5min animated movie to use in sourcing for funds
2. Funds generated will be use for team sustenance and making of a feature length movie.
3. Acceptance into team is on a serious basis thus u may or may not be selected
4. This is strictly a volunteer position for the 5min movie after which when funds are made available, the position becomes a paying job.
5. No need for relocation as this will be a 90% online project though face-to-face will be conducted so as to register bonafide team members.
6. Project materials will only be made available on acceptance into the team.
7. This is also a project based on trust and the sweat of people who believe in the SYNERGY of our beautiful and breathtaking skills/works here on nairaland. We believe the entertainment industry in Naija needs to recognise us therefore if u are not of this inclination, please avoid applying.
8. To be part of this team, simply browse to the thread "3D Graphic Guys&Girls:wake up Call" and paste ur details in the following format, stating ur skills and scoring urself on a scale of 1-10
format

YES to project
blog name:ur nairaland login name
skills: list skills with score by the side
software: list ur preferred software with a score of how good you are with it
preferred department: list 1st and 2nd choice departments
current location: list current location
email: ur valid email
phone:ur phone number

below is an example of mine

YES to project
blogname- resichild
skills: CONCEPTUALISATION(9) PLANNING/MANAGEMENT(8] 2D ART(4) MODELING(8]UV PLACEMENT/TEXTURING(2) RIGGING/ANIMATION(coolPOST PRODUTION(6)
software: 3D MAX8,9(9) bryce6(8},mental ray(5), Fx-home's visual,composite and effects Lab studio(6)
preferred department: 1ST CHOICE- ANIMATION
2ND CHOICE- MODELING
current location: lagos
email: concepthaven@yahoo.com
phone: 0803 639 5922

Please use only this format and be truthful because its better for us to know ur weaknesses now than to discover it midway and have to drop u.

Lastly, this is not for the feeble minded and those who cannot dedicate time and effort to the completion of this project.
We have screamed for synergy over the past few years, its time to put ourselves to the test. I really look forward to working with the great talents, minds and hearts right here in nairaland.
This one na for naija
Re: 2d/3d/texture Artists,sound Efx,post Production And The Likes: It Is Time by resichild(m): 2:37am On Oct 02, 2008
Well, sure do hope for responses so i dont feel alone cool cool cool
Re: 2d/3d/texture Artists,sound Efx,post Production And The Likes: It Is Time by resichild(m): 7:58am On Oct 03, 2008
Trying to keep the thread close to the main one so pls dont mind the unnecessary necessary statements. grin

(1) (Reply)

Our Industry Is Dying And Needs A Boost! / I Need To Ask These Questions About Animation / Hyper Realistic Artworks That Are Hard To Believe Aren’t Photographs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.