Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,982 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:20 AM

Long Distance Relationship: Will They Make It? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Long Distance Relationship: Will They Make It? (1646 Views)

All Relationship Will Go Complicated Dis September because Of This (photo). / At What Stage Of A Relationship Will You Do This? (photo) / Ladies, At What Stage Of A Relationship Will You Do This? (see Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Long Distance Relationship: Will They Make It? by Bonita(f): 3:32pm On Jul 14, 2006
Ok, I have a friend of mine that came here in 2000, but the thing with her is that she doesn’t want to date anyone. Her reason was that she didn't break up with her boyfriend before she came here. Every time they are on the phone or on the Internet chatting. She told me that her boyfriend is not cheating on her, and she plans to return the favor by being faithful to him. So guys do think they are going to make it? Or are they just fooling each other?
Re: Long Distance Relationship: Will They Make It? by retro(f): 6:34pm On Jul 16, 2006
In my opinion, the won't. They'll survive for a few months but they'll eventually break up. It's a fact.
Re: Long Distance Relationship: Will They Make It? by Rhodalyn(f): 6:44pm On Jul 16, 2006
they Can If they're both Very determined
Re: Long Distance Relationship: Will They Make It? by Busta(f): 2:18am On Jul 17, 2006
nope, doesn't work. wish em all the best tho!
Re: Long Distance Relationship: Will They Make It? by Bonita(f): 11:35pm On Jul 17, 2006
I think they might tho! You see they've been that way since 2000 she came here, and they are still strong who knows they might actually make it
Re: Long Distance Relationship: Will They Make It? by Nobody: 10:52am On Jul 18, 2006
@topic. They could definately make it, thats if the guy doesnt get so Hot, before she goes back to him, and if the guy is like me grin, she meet him intact.
Re: Long Distance Relationship: Will They Make It? by ThoniaSlim(f): 3:41pm On Jul 18, 2006
yes it can work but it just depends on the individual involved
Re: Long Distance Relationship: Will They Make It? by evolution(f): 12:18pm On Jul 19, 2006
men,they are fooling themselves big time,i used to be in that position b4 and at one point in my life,every thing just came to an alt cos i just couldnt cope,besides u send money n stuffs home the guy lavish it and the worst of it is that,he pretends to me he doesnt have a girlfriend,i knew he was lieing but to my suprise,the girl call me all the way from nija n said she is his girlfriend and just wanted to say hi to me(e gba mi o) as if that wasnt enough,i went to nija to see my boo,only for a different girl to be calling and sending different love txt messages,i was so angry cos this so called girlfriends knew i was in town but wouldnt respect me for that short period i spent in nija.so girlfriend tell you friend oh,she beta enjoy herself cos men,keeping faith is crap,and she will be better off looking for someone where ever she is.
Re: Long Distance Relationship: Will They Make It? by ThoniaSlim(f): 3:45pm On Sep 27, 2006
@evolution
hhhm it must have been hard on you,so sorry sad
Re: Long Distance Relationship: Will They Make It? by sammyjl(f): 12:45pm On Nov 23, 2006
Thats their problem, but I believe if they love one another, they'll make it. I won't agree 100% though, cos , u never know what will come next.
Re: Long Distance Relationship: Will They Make It? by Ameena(f): 2:21pm On Nov 23, 2006
men, it's nt easy but it happens. I mean life is so full of temptations & all dat: but if d parties involved are really determined & have true feelings 4 eachother, they cud make it somehw. I happen to be in the same situation & i'm rily tryin 2 kip d faith. Nt easy tho!!
Re: Long Distance Relationship: Will They Make It? by jammin(m): 4:56pm On Nov 23, 2006
committment to love is the key. if you decide that this person is the one, and focus to make the love triumph the various temptations that may arise, it is possible that love will survive.
Re: Long Distance Relationship: Will They Make It? by sweetivy1(f): 1:10am On Nov 24, 2006
everytin has to do with determination, if the

love is genuine,and they care for one another, despite all the temptations they are bound to encounter,love will find a way, what

will be, will be.
Re: Long Distance Relationship: Will They Make It? by NaijaFuss(m): 4:15pm On Jun 19, 2007
Boring

If he's unfaithful would he write it on a post card and send it to her,

Whats gonna ba gonne be jare
Re: Long Distance Relationship: Will They Make It? by RuuDie(m): 5:18pm On Jun 19, 2007
I just love the effecx when such relationships finally hit the rocks - you could hear it on the other side of the planet grin
Re: Long Distance Relationship: Will They Make It? by fellow(m): 2:32am On Jun 20, 2007
depends on a number of factors
Re: Long Distance Relationship: Will They Make It? by sammy6(m): 7:30am On Jun 20, 2007
Poor girl,how does she handle conji/agro(the urge to have sex)
Re: Long Distance Relationship: Will They Make It? by iyaade: 5:32pm On Jun 23, 2008
I am engaged to a man who lives abroad. Our relationship started abroad and though we are in the process of moving in together, I keep finding out about his different love affairs he says "he can't help himself" to. Trust me it is very hard and while I am no angel, I have not slept with anyone else in our almost 4 years together. If you have found a man (or woman) that is genuine and loyal then stick with it, but try to cut out the distance as quickly as possible. Remember out of sight is out of mind for most men. I am holding on not only for the sake of our 2 yr old son, but for the hope that his infidelity is a result of our distance and not his own selfishness. Only time will tell, Always keep faith in love.
Re: Long Distance Relationship: Will They Make It? by ifyalways(f): 5:35pm On Jun 23, 2008
its very difficult but it actually works.Yeah,it works cool
Maturity,Trust,Dertemination and above all understanding.
Re: Long Distance Relationship: Will They Make It? by chusky(m): 5:46pm On Jun 23, 2008
wow! i ve learn't something today, being a victim of distance relationship i should be careful
Although i'm faithful to her, being the first girl in ma life. she loves me too but i don't know the depth of love for me
Re: Long Distance Relationship: Will They Make It? by Mesmerize(f): 1:03am On Jul 01, 2008
Some do. . some dnt. .
Individuality!
Re: Long Distance Relationship: Will They Make It? by galatico(m): 9:32am On Jul 01, 2008
I don't think it would work out!!!
Re: Long Distance Relationship: Will They Make It? by Sara1981(f): 10:00am On Jul 01, 2008
If they are strong they will work. I've been in a LD relationship for a while now and i know my man aint cheating. At lease he better now be undecided Cant wait for you to come see me again boo boo wink
Re: Long Distance Relationship: Will They Make It? by monisade(f): 3:25am On Jul 28, 2008
theres possibilty that theyll both make itwork , it depends on the type of guy the chick is goin out wit, if the guy is also trustworthy, sincere and can resist temptaion then they can make it work, im in a LDR and i do believ it can work depending on the party involved, just tell her to kip her trust its highly useful, people like her are so rear, gotta give kudos to her tho,
Re: Long Distance Relationship: Will They Make It? by affee(f): 11:56am On Sep 21, 2008
it works.
I had a LDR for 8years. I am married to him now.
and I tell you guys he was faithful all thru.
Just have faith in youselves.
Re: Long Distance Relationship: Will They Make It? by WebMonk(m): 1:06pm On Sep 21, 2008
affee:

it works.
I had a LDR for 8years. I am married to him now.
and I tell you guys he was faithful all through.
Just have faith in youselves.

well - other than counting yourself one of the lucky ones in the millions, i personally salute you, since it requires effort.

Personally, anyone that can avoid it should. not everyone's cut out from the same block. and given our society today the meek/innocent/naive at heart are easily crushed.

(1) (Reply)

Finally Got That Chick To Bed, But Junior Failed To "rise Up" To The Occassion! / Usher Has Eventually Filed For Separation, Leading To Divorce! / How Do I Toast(chike) A Lady.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.