Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,363 members, 7,808,269 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:37 AM

Nigerian Woman And African American Men - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nigerian Woman And African American Men (12365 Views)

I Think Black American Men Are The Hottest Black Men And Men In The World! / Why Dont African American Men And Carribean Men Like 2 Date African Girls? / Why Do I See Black American Men With Fat White Women So Much? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Woman And African American Men by nalijah07(f): 5:02pm On Oct 02, 2008
Why is it that I can find a million topics about nigerian men and AA women, but not any for the reverse?

Are Nigerian woman and AA men not as popular as far as couples go? If so, do you have the same problems (stereo-types) as the reverse?
Re: Nigerian Woman And African American Men by omega25red(m): 5:10pm On Oct 02, 2008
Are you a Nigerian who is dating an african american man?
Re: Nigerian Woman And African American Men by Nobody: 5:10pm On Oct 02, 2008
To be frank, I don't find them attractive enough for a relationship, not that I'm specifically sticking to a Nigerian dude (before some people begin to ego trip).
Re: Nigerian Woman And African American Men by nalijah07(f): 5:55pm On Oct 02, 2008
@omega red

Yes, I am referring to Nigerian women and African American men.
Re: Nigerian Woman And African American Men by nalijah07(f): 5:57pm On Oct 02, 2008
@stillwater,

What I guess I'd like to know is if the generalizations exists between this set as it does between Nigerian Men and African American Women. Such as using them for papers, they are worthless, no good in bed, etc. (I'm sure you've read all the other posts).
Re: Nigerian Woman And African American Men by omega25red(m): 6:11pm On Oct 02, 2008
well you know that most nigerians in America are wanna bes including me and i dont really find nigerian women dating afro american men they usually stick to nigerian men. The ones who chill with Afro american men are usually the ones who were born here.
Re: Nigerian Woman And African American Men by nalijah07(f): 8:15pm On Oct 02, 2008
Wow the difference is amazing shocked
Re: Nigerian Woman And African American Men by Tatase(f): 5:08am On Oct 03, 2008
I think the thing is nigerian girls in america tend to be looking for something better than the avg. african american guy as in someone in school/with a job/with prospects. The african-american guys who have their act together tend to be looking at white girls. So i don't think it's that common to see the two together. I've seen it once and it didn't work out because they basically wanted different things out of life and had different expectations.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Woman And African American Men by tRoOE(f): 5:27am On Oct 03, 2008
[size=13pt]Have dated AA men before doing my high school yrs, but the truth is I don't see a bright future with an AA man, I love my Naija Men kiss kiss, even though they can be annoying[/size]
Re: Nigerian Woman And African American Men by na2day2(m): 5:41am On Oct 03, 2008
i am sure there are nigerian girls that date AA men and there is nothing wrong with that but in reality, there are more AA women that date Nigerians/Africans than there are Nigerian girls/African girls that date AA men. the reason is not far fetched, women generally look for security in every department of life and if u have lived in most AA communities, no offense, most of the guys don't live up to expectation.

tRoOE:

[size=13pt]Have dated AA men before doing my high school years, but the truth is I don't see a bright future with an AA man, I love my Naija Men kiss kiss, even though they can be annoying[/size]

this is 4 u sweetie kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Nigerian Woman And African American Men by EbonyMerma(f): 2:15am On Oct 26, 2008
I agree with one of the posters above. You will find now more african american women dating out, because a lot of aa women are educated and upwardly mobile, while a large majority of aa men are in jail, bi-sexual or unfocused.

If you are a nigerian woman, deciding to date out, maybe you should try white men or some asian men. They are very attracted to black women.
Re: Nigerian Woman And African American Men by omo99(f): 3:21am On Oct 26, 2008
Well from my own point of view you would find more Nigerian men with African American women because some men want to get a green card using this women and men being who they are their business is always out there compare to women who try to keep relationships for this purposes on the down low. Also, being a Nigerian woman I have tried dating an African American man but it just wouldn't work because we have differnet values and standings on things and so the whole culture thing come to play. Also, Nigerian men like to be in charge of the relationship and rule and most African American women are submissive compare to Nigerian women. I also know a lot of Nigerian women that would rather be with Nigerian men than African-American just because they feel more comfortable especially the ones that lived in Nigerian all their lives and recently moved to America.
Re: Nigerian Woman And African American Men by 25more(f): 7:19am On Oct 26, 2008
one day i was in a hair salon, the lady(who is an african american woman) that was there was like do you have a boyfriend i was like huh, ?, and she was oh i am asking cox i just wanted to tell you that if you want to marry i highly recommed you marry your own country men, dont marry or even date african american men they are irresponbile, they cheat too much.

most african american men are not worth the gamble, some of them have no moral upbringings, they cheat as hell (though most nigeria men are no saints) but at least the rate is very high, they have many baby mamas, gangs, drugs, no jobs, different cultures, i rather stick to the ppl that at least share of my beliefs and morals.
Re: Nigerian Woman And African American Men by edog4eva(f): 9:31am On Oct 26, 2008
25% more- I am not Nigerian or AA, but I think you are exactly right. AAs involve themselves in so much drama and seem to desire an immoral existence, in general. Please don't think I am talking about every single one, tho. As a white american girl- AA boys are usually the gangstas, thugs, and daddies at age 14. Me no likie sad I like chocolate boys with morals, values, and dreams/goals.
Re: Nigerian Woman And African American Men by iceland(m): 10:48am On Oct 26, 2008
edog4eva:

25% more- I am not Nigerian or AA, but I think you are exactly right. AAs involve themselves in so much drama and seem to desire an immoral existence, in general. Please don't think I am talking about every single one, tho. As a white american girl- AA boys are usually the gangstas, thugs, and daddies at age 14. Me no likie sad I like chocolate boys with morals, values, and dreams/goals.
well said!
Re: Nigerian Woman And African American Men by AMERIkAN: 1:57am On Aug 26, 2010
I TOTALLY DISAGREE WITH MOST OF U. OUR AFRICAN AMERICAN MEN ARE STRONG N R NOT PUSH OVERS LIKE SOME NIGERIANS I KNOW. I LUV MY AA MEN WITH ALL I HAVE N MOST AA WOMEN R USING THE NMEN FOR $$$$$ THEY R THE BEST TRICKS I KNOW. smiley U PEOPLE NEED 2 LOOK AT THE HBCU'S THAT'S HISTORICAL BLACK COLLEGE AND UNIVERSITIES WE HAVE HERE N AMERICA THERE R PLENTY OF AA MEN THAT R N SCHOOL, HAVE JOBS, AND INVENTING OR RECREATING NEW THINGS. HAVE U HEARD OF THE TUSKEGEE AIRMEN? OR OBAMA? HE'S OUR AFRICAN AMERICAN PRESIDENT. FREDRICK DOUGLAS? N THE LIST GOES ON, BUT WHAT ACCOMPLISHMENTS DO U KNOW FROM AFRICAN MEN BESIDES THE SUGAR MAN NO ONE EVEN KNOWS HIS NAME. THE MEN N AFRICA R STINGY N HEARTLESS THEY BEAT WOMEN (AFRICAN WOMEN) THEY CANT COME OVER HERE N PULL THAT SHIT BECAUSE OUR AA MEN WILL BEAT THE LIVING HELL OUTTA THEM THATS Y U PEOPLE DONT LIKE AA MEN. R U PEOPLE JEALOUS THAT AA WOMEN R NOT SUBMISSIVE TO AFRICAN MEN N THEY BULLSHIT LIKE AFRICAN WOMEN?

-TRULY THE ALL AMERICAN GIRL-

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Woman And African American Men by Gabry(f): 2:05am On Aug 26, 2010
I heard that an AA men dont treat their woman right after marriage and most of them go hit and run but for a Nigerian guy, its like when his wife is pregnant, the more he would love and cherish her. . . . I dont know if its true or not but Ive seen some here myself
Re: Nigerian Woman And African American Men by AloyEmeka5: 2:34am On Aug 26, 2010
To be frank, I don't find them attractive enough for a relationship, not that I'm specifically sticking to a Nigerian dude (before some people begin to ego trip).

@StillLiquor, don't be mad when AA men say the same about you o. What you said is just not right before God and man.
Re: Nigerian Woman And African American Men by DaRapture: 6:29am On Aug 26, 2010
Hey, I asked a question similar to this one, and folks came up with all the same ol bull carp stereotyping answers as seen in this thread. cheesy I'm AA and am married to an Nigerian girl, though she was born and raise her whole life here, and her sister is also married to an AA guy, as is one of her female cousins, but they all were born here and I think that is where the big difference lies in this situation.

A first generation African just does not evolve into American society as fast as the African men do, and thus feel less secure about getting involved with the unfamiliar. As for the second and and beyond generation of Africans here, well they were born and raised here and thus are generally, for the most part, assimilated into the greater AA conglomerate and thus connect with the AA better than the FOB.
Re: Nigerian Woman And African American Men by na2day2(m): 6:38am On Aug 26, 2010
DaRapture:

Hey, I asked a question similar to this one, and folks came up with all the same ol bull carp stereotyping answers as seen in this thread. cheesy I'm AA and am married to an Nigerian girl, though she was born and raise her whole life here, and her sister is also married to an AA guy, as is one of her female cousins, but they all were born here and I think that is where the big difference lies in this situation.

A first generation African just does not evolve into American society as fast as the African men do, and thus feel less secure about getting involved with the unfamiliar. As for the second and and beyond generation of Africans here, well they were born and raised here and thus are generally, for the most part, assimilated into the greater AA conglomerate and thus connect with the AA better than the FOB.

bottom line, the 2nd and beyond generation of africans born and raised here don't know any better, point taken! thanks for sharing wink wink wink
Re: Nigerian Woman And African American Men by Tosinville(m): 12:15pm On Aug 26, 2010
(@¿@)
Re: Nigerian Woman And African American Men by Nobody: 10:43pm On Aug 26, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

@StillLiquor, don't be mad when AA men say the same about you o. What you said is just not right before God and man.

Why should I be mad, when the feeling is mutual? Is that not hypocrisy on my part?
Re: Nigerian Woman And African American Men by omomakun: 12:15am On Aug 27, 2010
There are there, but people just don't really pay any mind to them. Compared to a nigerian man with and AA woman, you see them at Naija functions, but its not the same for a Nigerian woman and AA man, its very very rare, Its almost as if they are like shadows that fade away, God forgive me. Technically speaking its the man that leads and the woman follows, so in the case of a nigerian woman and AA man, na AA functions you go find them at, grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Woman And African American Men by InkedNerd(f): 2:44am On Aug 27, 2010
I personally don't have a problem dating African American men. I've never dated any though; mostly Central American, Caribbean, and West African guys.
Re: Nigerian Woman And African American Men by Rocktation(f): 11:23am On Aug 30, 2010
Their attitude's just 3much for my peace of mind.
Re: Nigerian Woman And African American Men by citous(m): 8:21pm On Aug 30, 2010
I have dated a cpl of AA ladies and both ended in disasters. I have dated a few Nigeria ladies and ended in tha same situation in some of them. But the Asians I have dated are just what a man want, Loyal,respectful and supportive, stick with you in your down time and less naggy. That said, If I gat a choice on whom to date today, I will stick to respectful woman, who know what she want and go for it without attitude, who will take me despite my shortcommings, allow me my rest of mind, I dont give a damn whether she is green or pink. Ghettorified people are just a big turn off and unfortunately u find more of that in AAs than other races but there are still good and well mannered ones.
Re: Nigerian Woman And African American Men by Tosinville(m): 7:13am On Aug 31, 2010
But as a naija guy, d only reason why i'm feelin america is their AA men cos they know watz up lol
Re: Nigerian Woman And African American Men by Spader9(m): 9:25am On Aug 31, 2010
I'll screw the lining outta an akata!
Re: Nigerian Woman And African American Men by Nobody: 4:06am On Apr 25, 2013
The amount of time you people spend talking about relationship/dating/inter ethnic dating/inter -continental dating etc is beyond my comprehension.

Anyway It's no longer a secret that Naijan ,regardless the gender date anything. Panafricanist fucker/lover .

In not talking about those surrounded by Naijan who call that sticking to their own when the reality is they don't have others options.
Re: Nigerian Woman And African American Men by onila(f): 4:10am On Apr 25, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: The amount of time you people spend talking about relationship/dating/inter ethnic dating/inter -continental dating etc is beyond my comprehension.

Anyway It's no longer a secret that Naijan ,regardless the gender date anything. Panafricanist fucker/lover .

In not talking about those surrounded by Naijan who call that sticking to their own when the reality is they don't have others options.

we all go back 2 our kind for marriage

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Woman And African American Men by Nobody: 4:17am On Apr 25, 2013
onila:

we all go back 2 our kind for marriage

Read my comment well dummy

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Woman And African American Men by sexsinners(m): 4:52am On Apr 25, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE:

Read my comment well dummy

i think someone here is jealous of the 9ja ppl. you are on their site aren't you?

(1) (2) (Reply)

After viewing this, you'll see masturbation differently. (pic) / Toasting A Married Woman? / Google 'sexy White Mom' And Sexy Black Mom'the Result Is Shocking!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.