Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,730 members, 7,802,209 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:02 AM

What Is The Nigerian Dream? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is The Nigerian Dream? (8366 Views)

Dear Nigerians, Sorry, President Buhari Is Not The Nigerian Dream / My Biafra Nigerian Dream, why I'm one Nigeria now. / President Muhammadu Buhari Must Restore The Nigerian Dream Of Our Youths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Nigerian Dream? by jaguda(m): 9:39am On Jul 04, 2006
We have heard of living the American dream, What is the Nigerian Dream? Nairalanders, make your submissions.
Re: What Is The Nigerian Dream? by SvS(f): 10:56am On Jul 04, 2006
the nigerian dream
well maybe to leave the country and live in somewhere lik europe or america?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Nigerian Dream? by eveseh(f): 11:13am On Jul 04, 2006
huh?
Re: What Is The Nigerian Dream? by diddy4(m): 3:28pm On Jul 04, 2006
fast cars, big cribs, flashy rides, the power, the respect, the ladies. there aint no dream bigger than that.
Re: What Is The Nigerian Dream? by shawna(f): 5:24pm On Jul 04, 2006
to be a successful and powerful nation someday grin
Re: What Is The Nigerian Dream? by Damsal(f): 6:41pm On Jul 04, 2006
The nigerian dream is to be rich, to have everything life has to offer without working to hard to get it. It's quite a selfish and self centered one.
Re: What Is The Nigerian Dream? by SvS(f): 8:51pm On Jul 04, 2006
i agree with u damsal
Re: What Is The Nigerian Dream? by retro(f): 3:08pm On Jul 05, 2006
svs:

the nigerian dream
well maybe to leave the country and live in somewhere lik europe or america?

Hahaha. I wouldn't know. Maybe, Nigerians want to be rich, happy ***?
Re: What Is The Nigerian Dream? by Eurphoria(f): 8:27pm On Jul 05, 2006
Gosh it's sad to think of this, because we know what the dream is(money,house,cars,good lifestyle)very shallow but very much needed for people to have a good quality of life.

So maybe I'll say it like this. my ideal Nigeria, it would be that "you can have a good and uninterrupted education, have a conducive enough economy to be able to get a good job or if you are free spirited,be able to gain help to start up a business to further add to the development of the nation , hence(good and vibrant social infrastructures). Finally be able to be what you want to be without unnecessary hindrances.
Re: What Is The Nigerian Dream? by jaguda(m): 12:32pm On Jul 10, 2006
i agree with Eurphoria, dat is the Nigeria we dream of , but sadly, project Nigeria is Dead! Nigerians do not see themselves as a People Under God i.e. One Nigeria. the average Nigerian places ME before WE. its so sad.

We need to change this orientation!
Re: What Is The Nigerian Dream? by naijadiva2(f): 4:26pm On Jul 10, 2006
the nigerian dream is to get recognized by the world because nigeria has a lot to offer.
Re: What Is The Nigerian Dream? by thimbook2(m): 1:29pm On Jul 15, 2006
We've Heard Of The American Dream. What's The Nigerian Dream?

yes o! if am no misled, we 're compelled every other time to see how even the ants in US are pitching in to make the american dream a reality but i don rack brain tire to see if even a hint of the Nigerian dream was communicated to the me at any level of my education (formal or otherwise) and sadly enough the answer is no.

So in case u know it, come out and let's see what the Nigerian dream is or at least what it should be like.
Re: What Is The Nigerian Dream? by Mystique(f): 1:09pm On Jul 17, 2006
To win Lotto Nigeria grin grin

** E fit be u o**
Re: What Is The Nigerian Dream? by GUNNER(f): 2:59pm On Jul 17, 2006
to be " Proudly Nigerian" grin
Re: What Is The Nigerian Dream? by obiora(m): 3:16pm On Jul 17, 2006
ok this is my vision of the nigerian dream.

live abroad and live the american dream.
then come back with an entire suitcase full of dollars for your mama
then still go back abroad and still live the american dream.
thats whats up.

ok and another thing is : NAIRALAND RULES cheesy
Re: What Is The Nigerian Dream? by whirlwind(f): 3:22pm On Jul 17, 2006
To work nine-to-five, have enough money to buy brand new cars not second hand cars, to get home within 20-30 minutes of leaving the office, to have constant light, and water, good roads, good affordable education for our children, Wait, that dream must be to work for an oil company!!
Re: What Is The Nigerian Dream? by youngies(m): 3:47pm On Jul 17, 2006
Hmmmmm, 9aija Dream!

There is no collective dream. the Niger Delta is dreaming to conrol their resources and be the next president of nigeria, the north is dreaming for the return of political power to them to continue their squandering of the economy which they are contributing little or nothing, the south east is confused and in deep slumber - no dream, the south west is awake now, knows that their dream is over - TTA.

There is no meeting point for a collective national dream
Re: What Is The Nigerian Dream? by spikedcylinder: 4:26pm On Jul 17, 2006
To have enough money to buy all the clothes and shoes i want! grin smiley
Re: What Is The Nigerian Dream? by youngies(m): 4:32pm On Jul 17, 2006
SpikedCy

Is that all your dream? clothes and shoes
Re: What Is The Nigerian Dream? by ademiller(f): 4:35pm On Jul 17, 2006
well ma nigerian dream is to <<snip>> be the first female presido and marry all the boys that are fine in naija. live d dream baby shakadelli baby yeah. grin
Re: What Is The Nigerian Dream? by OldGlory1(m): 4:38pm On Jul 17, 2006
I think the average Nigerians Dream, is to leave Nigeria.
Re: What Is The Nigerian Dream? by Chxta(m): 4:39pm On Jul 17, 2006
One nation under God, indivisible and strong and prosperous
Re: What Is The Nigerian Dream? by my2cents(m): 5:29pm On Jul 17, 2006
FYI:

Having lived in the US for 13 years, I have this to say: The American dream is just that, a dream. Life, irrespective of where you find yourself in the world (be it the rolling hills or Jos or the high mountains of Nepal), is what you make of it. America only seems better cos of more opportunities. However, many pple have made the ulimate sacrifice of going there (selling houses and land, marrying citizens, forfeiting their high-paying careers, etc) only to end up disappointed. I remember reading somewhere that yrly, $30billion worth of degrees leave their respective countries and go to the states where they don't get utilized shocked. If you doubt what I am saying, y r there so many Nigerians, say, who are phD holders and are driving taxi?

Don't get me wrong, there are those of us making it in the US. However, I would strongly caution against the notion of a "dream", cos those usually don't come true. Speaking for myself, I live a comfortable life in the states (I pay my taxes and bills, pursue a few side-jobs and have a little left over to save and send home grin) and I thank God for that, but my dream is yet to be realized.
Re: What Is The Nigerian Dream? by raldsfield(m): 5:48pm On Jul 17, 2006
Before you have a dream you have to first sleep.

Nigeria has no dream/dreams, just leaving the life is what I will call it.

I think the dream now is who will save Nigeria and find us right track to move on(Pat Utomi).

For now their is no dream.

No dream for light (the only person that had a dream said we should wait till 2056"God forbid"), no dream of good health, quality education, employment,job creation, no road, no food for the common man, no water to drink.

The Nigerian dream for now should be providing the basic things of life.
Re: What Is The Nigerian Dream? by Mystique(f): 6:48pm On Jul 17, 2006
raldsfield:

I think the dream now is who will save Nigeria and find us right track to move on(Pat Utomi).

And what makes you think Pat Utomi is the one that will save Nigeria?? angry
Re: What Is The Nigerian Dream? by tianshie(m): 7:12pm On Jul 17, 2006
Let me see, The Nigerian dream abi?

The Nigerian dream is to get into politics,get into a position of influence then embezzle money.
Re: What Is The Nigerian Dream? by OldGlory1(m): 7:44pm On Jul 17, 2006
Tianshie

Like i said in another thread, you are a victim of your environment. Your Hero is Mike Adenuga and your dream is to embezzle money. You are some character.
Re: What Is The Nigerian Dream? by Gomer: 7:48pm On Jul 17, 2006
Arise, O compatriots,
    Nigeria's call obey
    To serve our fatherland
    With love and strength and fait[/b]h
    The labor of our heroes past
    Shall never be in vain
    [b]To serve with heart and might
    One nation bound in freedom,

Peace and unity.

Oh God of creation,
    Direct our noble cause
    Guide our leaders right
    Help our youths the truth to know
    In love and honesty to grow
    And living just and true
    Great lofty heights attain
    To build a nation where peace
    And justice shall reign.

I pledge to Nigeria my country
    To be faithful, loyal and honest
    To serve Nigeria with all my strength
    To defend her unity and uphold her honor and glory
    So help me God.

That is the Nigerian Dream
Its been staring at you since you were born!

my2cents:

FYI:
However, I would strongly caution against the notion of a "dream", because those usually don't come true.

Every goal starts with a dream, every invention started with a dream, every achievement started with a dream.
Hey guys, give this place a chance. Things are really wacked now but don't you think that somehow, sometime things will get better?
But you know, its got to start with US, from the inside it comes on to the outside.
We point fingers, we blame the government, we blame the so called leaders we have
Have you ever ran for office, won or held a post before?
Try it, you'd have a renewed admiration for your president grin
Who is the freaking government- You.
It don't matter where the change starts, even if its just a little corner of this country that changes- hey thats something.

Re: What Is The Nigerian Dream? by Gomer: 7:57pm On Jul 17, 2006
sorry 2 cents, i got all mixed up in the posting thing but i guess you understand what i mean undecided
Re: What Is The Nigerian Dream? by hibans(f): 8:02pm On Jul 17, 2006
@my2cents, i think u made a point and i love u for that.
Re: What Is The Nigerian Dream? by Ka: 8:07pm On Jul 17, 2006
There is nothing like 'The Nigerian Dream'.

What we have instead are 150 million Nigerian dreams, each as different as the dreamer.
Re: What Is The Nigerian Dream? by LiquidMind(m): 8:21pm On Jul 17, 2006
The Nigerian dream is to have a portion of the National Cake at least in a life time

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Breaking! Emeka Ihedioha Is The New Speaker. Congrat! / Ladipo Market Demolished / We Have Not Frozen Any Akwa-ibom Account - EFCC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.