Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,456 members, 7,801,137 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:20 AM

I Got Robbed At Gunpoint In The U.s.a - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Got Robbed At Gunpoint In The U.s.a (3085 Views)

Snatched At Gunpoint / 2008/2009 Toyota Corolla Snatched At Gunpoint In Ogbomosho / Tokunbohs Are Now Very Scarce In The U.S. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Got Robbed At Gunpoint In The U.s.a by babeisme: 3:40am On Oct 03, 2008
Most people think that gun-point robberies only happen in nigeria. Please, i saw heaven and back today. I was driving in downtown Newark, NJ this afternoon when suddenly a man jumped out of another car, pointed a gun at my head and told me to "Get the Bleep outta the car"! The first thing that came to my mind was "i refuse to die in another man's country" .
Although I'm American, I still regard myself more Nigerian than American.
All i can say as i shiver right now is "Thank You Jesus".
My son was strapped in his carseat, the robber was going to drive him away with the car, but i pleaded with him to please let me take my son out.

And this happened in AMERICA, the so called great America, in broad daylight, i woulda been killed, or my son shot, but i didnt argue with the crazy mother f*****, i just let him drive away with my ride.
My 2008 Infiniti FX45, GONE!!!
Oh well, Life must continue. As my naija pple would say "once there is life, there is hope"
Thank God for me abeg!
Re: I Got Robbed At Gunpoint In The U.s.a by akininNC(m): 4:34am On Oct 03, 2008
@poster.

Thank God you are safe, but we all know that Newark is one of the highest crime cities in the US. As with any major city, you always have keep you eyes wide open. I am glad that you and your child came out safe.
Re: I Got Robbed At Gunpoint In The U.s.a by ziontrain: 4:35am On Oct 03, 2008
@Babeisme, To God be the glory for your life and that of your child! In Jesus name, that car will be found. You are covered with the blood of Jesus my sister. This is really shocking!! May God continue to watch over you. I will definitely keep you in prayers.
Re: I Got Robbed At Gunpoint In The U.s.a by babeisme: 4:38am On Oct 03, 2008
Thanks Akinnc and Ziontrain. Words can not describe how i felt and still feel, i dont even care about the car, i'm glad we're fine but i had too much things in my car that were stolen, too much.
All the same. thank God.
Once again thanks Ziontrain for the prayers, i didnt know that "hardmen" pray too, cheesy wink
Re: I Got Robbed At Gunpoint In The U.s.a by plusQueen: 4:40am On Oct 03, 2008
   isme:

Most people think that gun-point robberies only happen in nigeria. Please, i saw heaven and back today. I was driving in downtown Newark, NJ this afternoon when suddenly a man jumped out of another car, pointed a gun at my head and told me to "Get the mess out of the car"! The first thing that came to my mind was "i refuse to die in another man's country" .
Although I'm American, I still regard myself more Nigerian than American.
All i can say as i shiver right now is "Thank You Jesus".
My son was strapped in his carseat, the robber was going to drive him away with the car, but i pleaded with him to please let me take my son out.

And this happened in AMERICA, the so called great America, in broad daylight, i woulda been killed, or my son shot, but i didnt argue with the crazy mother f*****, i just let him drive away with my ride.
My 2008 Infiniti FX45, GONE!!!
Oh well, Life must continue. As my naija people would say "once there is life, there is hope"
Thank God for me abeg!

Thank God for your lives o.
My enemy will not live in Newark.
Once dubbed " the murder capital of the USA "
That is one of the most dangerous cities in this country so the down town area will be worse just like in every city.
I will not live there.
There are just some places we need to keep away from and Newark is one of them

The city of Detroit Michigan is the other.
Re: I Got Robbed At Gunpoint In The U.s.a by omoge(f): 4:43am On Oct 03, 2008
am sure your car can be found. report to the cops with all info okay. those thieves wont go too far. downtowns are never safe. the best downtown i have been and look nice is downtown va beach. not like other downtown. downtown rochy lipsrsealed
Re: I Got Robbed At Gunpoint In The U.s.a by KarmaMod(f): 4:47am On Oct 03, 2008
instead of posting on NL, did you call the cops to track down your car?
Re: I Got Robbed At Gunpoint In The U.s.a by babeisme: 4:48am On Oct 03, 2008
@ plus_queen and omoge, ur right, downtowns aren't safe neither is newark, although thats no justification for such robberies, especially pointing a gun at my lil boy's head. I hope that guy dies of diarrhea.
but all the same, thank God.
I would have considered moving to naija right away but errr, as we all know, it aint safer!
Re: I Got Robbed At Gunpoint In The U.s.a by babeisme: 4:49am On Oct 03, 2008
@ Karmamod, off course i did, but wat would i do? sit in my living room and cry over spilt milk? Life continues.
Re: I Got Robbed At Gunpoint In The U.s.a by plusQueen: 4:52am On Oct 03, 2008
omoge:

am sure your car can be found. report to the cops with all info okay. those thieves wont go too far. downtowns are never safe. the best downtown i have been and look nice is downtown va beach. not like other downtown. downtown rochy lipsrsealed

I have been to several cities but the scariest down town area I've ever been in is Baltimore.
In the older neighborhoods around almost every downtown you have these older red brick buildings or 2 and 3 family houses and of course African Americans in quantum,baltimore is same but the place looks like a den of thieves.
The human beings around the place looked like they drank fresh blood every 2 hours,I couldn't drive any faster.
Everyone looked stoned and ready to just go off.

Baltimore is a tough city.
When you watch their news,its' a shooting there,a stabbing there.
The place is a war zone.

I was praying so hard driving to my destination and whenever the lights turned red I was praying in the Holy Ghost.
Re: I Got Robbed At Gunpoint In The U.s.a by ziontrain: 4:55am On Oct 03, 2008
@Babeisme, LOL. "hardmen" have to pray o. No matter how strong we think we are, we still have to humble ourselves under the mighty hand of God. He is our protector. I am sure he was right there with you during the incident. I really like your spirit. Stay strong. It is well in Jesus name.
Re: I Got Robbed At Gunpoint In The U.s.a by babeisme: 4:55am On Oct 03, 2008
@ plus queen, ur cracking me up here! thats funny,
i can imagine. thats how Newark is too, well, to some extent!
Re: I Got Robbed At Gunpoint In The U.s.a by babeisme: 4:56am On Oct 03, 2008
@ ziontrain, thanks. I like ur honesty and humility before God too. Thats cool!
Re: I Got Robbed At Gunpoint In The U.s.a by omoge(f): 4:59am On Oct 03, 2008
it is better to get a bus if you ever going to downtown. not ride your own car. i once  stayed in downtown with a pg   student. God almighty na wah. we hide under bed when shootings start. she is having ptsd because of trauma. i didn't have a car by then anyway just my head. i left and never came back. it is a bad place to be in.
am surprised people still live there especially immigrants. funny but true, she bought a mansion for lipsrsealed so cheap old home/mansion. in its days it is royal. this immigrant lives there like an heiress lol. night time shooting start grin
Re: I Got Robbed At Gunpoint In The U.s.a by plusQueen: 4:59am On Oct 03, 2008
babeisme:

@ plus queen, ur cracking me up here! thats funny,
i can imagine. thats how Newark is too, well, to some extent!

Thank God I made you laugh.
Please keep your spirits up and don't let this affect you.
I hope you had full coverage for the car
Re: I Got Robbed At Gunpoint In The U.s.a by plusQueen: 5:00am On Oct 03, 2008
omoge:

it is better to get a bus if you ever going to downtown. not ride your own car. i once stayed in downtown with a pg student. God almighty na wah. we hide under bed when shootings start. she is having ptsd because of trauma. i didn't have a car by then anyway just my head. i left and never came back. it is a bad place to be in.
am surprised people still live there especially immigrants.

Stand at a bus stop in down town area?
God forbid bad thing!
Re: I Got Robbed At Gunpoint In The U.s.a by plusQueen: 5:04am On Oct 03, 2008
Our first apartment was in a war zone.
Newly married couple,limited funds we moved into our small cheap apartment.
My dear at night it was Biafra round 2
kakakaka dudududu !!!!!!!!!
I never slept a wink till our 1 year lease ran out.
My darling husband never heard a thing.
It's a thing of glory that I'm still  sane today grin
The nightmares.
You people should join me and thank God
Re: I Got Robbed At Gunpoint In The U.s.a by inspiredm(m): 7:17am On Oct 03, 2008
B,

Just woke up to see this now, called your cell & home numbers, I'm glad you & D are alright, get in touch with me asap
p angry angry angry angry
Re: I Got Robbed At Gunpoint In The U.s.a by landis(m): 8:32am On Oct 03, 2008
plus_Queen:

Our first apartment was in a war zone.
Newly married couple,limited funds we moved into our small cheap apartment.
My dear at night it was Biafra round 2
kakakaka dudududu !!!!!!!!!
I never slept a wink till our 1 year lease ran out.
My darling husband never heard a thing.
It's a thing of glory that I'm still sane today grin
The nightmares.
You people should join me and thank God

Oh my God.

You should have come back to Lagos, It is clearly not that BAD as your post in USA.
Re: I Got Robbed At Gunpoint In The U.s.a by idupaul: 8:40am On Oct 03, 2008
God almighty na wah. we hide under bed when shootings start. she is having ptsd because of trauma

na wa oooo, all my years in Lagos av never heard a gunshot except for my neigbours mobile police guards that leak warning shots once in a while when they re bored. na wa oo
Re: I Got Robbed At Gunpoint In The U.s.a by freshmoney(m): 9:06am On Oct 03, 2008
idupaul:

na wa oooo, all my years in Lagos av never heard a gunshot except for my neigbours mobile police guards that leak warning shots once in a while when they re bored. na wa oo

Why dem go disturb you, why you go hear a gunshot? Na your side I dey, i never heard a gunshot too, cos I on my 2 legs not 4wd. grin
Re: I Got Robbed At Gunpoint In The U.s.a by idupaul: 9:09am On Oct 03, 2008
freshmoney:

Why them go disturb you, why you go hear a gunshot? Na your side I dey, i never heard a gunshot too, because I on my 2 legs not 4wd. grin

i no blame u bro, nairaland don make us mate. angry angry

the reason is that i live and work in the most secure part of lagos.
Re: I Got Robbed At Gunpoint In The U.s.a by freshmoney(m): 9:36am On Oct 03, 2008
idupaul:

i no blame u bro, nairaland don make us mate. angry angry

the reason is that i live and work in the most secure part of lagos.

Brother, stop this prank! grin Its all jokes! I aint a small boy either! Forget about class OK, lets turn a new leaf. Its nairaland,Naija we are!
Re: I Got Robbed At Gunpoint In The U.s.a by idupaul: 9:40am On Oct 03, 2008
freshmoney:

Brother, stop this pranks! grin Its all jokes! I aint a small boy either! Forget about class OK, lets turn a new leaf. Its nairaland,Naija we are!

i feel u bro.
Re: I Got Robbed At Gunpoint In The U.s.a by dejicool: 9:42am On Oct 03, 2008
Really sorry to hear that brov. SO glad u guys are fine. Hope u had insurance tho.
Re: I Got Robbed At Gunpoint In The U.s.a by Mase3: 11:45am On Oct 03, 2008
Thank God for his infinite mercies.
I guess there is no where marked as "safe",
any paranoid could show up just anywhere
at any time.
God is our shield!!!
Na wa o, person no go drive brand new car again
Re: I Got Robbed At Gunpoint In The U.s.a by czartwist: 11:50am On Oct 03, 2008
So sorry about that theft. I understand how painful it can be and about how much it could have cost you. What's up with your insurance?
Re: I Got Robbed At Gunpoint In The U.s.a by babeisme: 12:25pm On Oct 03, 2008
@ Plus_Queen, i woke up this morning still depressed and feeling down, saw ur post and i'm just cracking up here, my sister and I can't stop laughing @ the "kakkakaka, dududududu" Ur so funny my sister/brother. Thanks.
@ everyone else, i have insurance and I notified them immediately, i'm waiting for my claims officer to call me back today.
Thanks all.
Re: I Got Robbed At Gunpoint In The U.s.a by Agboola1(m): 1:34pm On Oct 03, 2008
congrats and sorry bo. u will get it back
Re: I Got Robbed At Gunpoint In The U.s.a by Sentra: 2:04pm On Oct 03, 2008
@Babeisme,
                    I will advise that you make contact with your insurer if you have not yet .And I sure hope u have insurance on ur car. Above all I thank God for sparing your life.How is ur little boy doin
Re: I Got Robbed At Gunpoint In The U.s.a by LeMoor(m): 2:59pm On Oct 03, 2008
Thank God you are safe and I am sure your car wil be recovered. Do you have lojack?
Re: I Got Robbed At Gunpoint In The U.s.a by Sisikill: 3:29pm On Oct 03, 2008
Wow! This is a huge testimony.

Thank God for sparing you and your son's life.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Toyota Matrix 2005 Vs Toyota Corolla 2006 - Advice Please / Let's Talk Nissan Altima 2002 / I Need Good Shocks Absorbers For My Solara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.