Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,504 members, 7,770,261 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 08:18 AM

How Can I Convert Sound Files From .wma Format To Mp3 Format? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How Can I Convert Sound Files From .wma Format To Mp3 Format? (3098 Views)

How Convert Ur CD N DVD Video To Mp4 , 3gp ,wma And Flv / How To Convert Drm Protected Wma To Mp3 For Ipod / Free Software To Convert Songs To Mp3 Format (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Convert Sound Files From .wma Format To Mp3 Format? by Basic(m): 2:42pm On Jul 15, 2006
Can anyone pls enlighten me on how this can be done, or better still,give me the web add. Of the site where I can download the software,if at all a software is needed for the process.
Re: How Can I Convert Sound Files From .wma Format To Mp3 Format? by Alexos(m): 6:10pm On Jul 15, 2006
Whats up Basic!!! wink

You can check this site out,

http://www.wma-mp3-converter.net/

Am sure it might help, you'll get a whole lot more when u search for it using google search
wink
Re: How Can I Convert Sound Files From .wma Format To Mp3 Format? by Jalal(m): 8:14pm On Jul 15, 2006
Cool!!! grin grin grin
Re: How Can I Convert Sound Files From .wma Format To Mp3 Format? by sbucareer(f): 2:31am On Jul 16, 2006

Basic, if you want a custom program to convert any file to mp3 open up a thread we will write a custom GUI and code to convert any audio extension to mp3. I have done it before, but I sold it and do not hold the license to distribute it again.

We will use Java of-course.
Re: How Can I Convert Sound Files From .wma Format To Mp3 Format? by Basic(m): 4:35am On Jul 16, 2006
Sbucareer,pls I dont understand what you mean by opening a thread,isnt this one already? But you can send me the java code and the tips on how to use it through my email addy: abasstoriola@yahoo.com.
Re: How Can I Convert Sound Files From .wma Format To Mp3 Format? by Chxta(m): 8:17pm On Jul 16, 2006
Just download and use Jet Audio. It is free and can convert between a variety of formats.
Re: How Can I Convert Sound Files From .wma Format To Mp3 Format? by onydchic(f): 9:38pm On Jul 16, 2006
you could get media monkey, its media player that can also convert a variety of sound files. or better yet, if u already have ITUNES, ur good to go, just check the preferences section
Re: How Can I Convert Sound Files From .wma Format To Mp3 Format? by Zahymaka(m): 11:42am On Jul 17, 2006
I also heard of a program that supposedly unprotects protected wmas [the ost annoying type of music file]. It was given the humorous name unfuck.exe by the writer.

If you've done some core Google hacking, you should understand what I mean by the search http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=filetype%3Aexe+unfuck&btnG=Google+Search. Unfortunately, I couldn't lay my hands on it. Has anyone else used it?
Re: How Can I Convert Sound Files From .wma Format To Mp3 Format? by sbucareer(f): 11:50am On Jul 17, 2006

Aren't these applications shareware? Basic, you can follow their advice and download these shareware application, which only gives you some limited functionality and could even fry your sound card. Free things are not fully tested and the developer do not bear any responsibility for system damage.

As a developer, this is how people download trap door to their machine and tomorrow they would start complaining that someone is charging their credit card and that monies are missing from their bank account.

Someone with dubious mind could use a free software and create a gigantic cluster of virtual network without you knowing it. Your PC will be used to commite a global crime and the FBI will be at your door one morning and you will be looking at then like a fish.

Thread means topic, like this one How Can I Convert Sound Files From .wma Format To Mp3 Format I don't want to mixed this thread with Java code. But if you want it here, we can.
Re: How Can I Convert Sound Files From .wma Format To Mp3 Format? by Niggy(m): 1:12pm On Jul 17, 2006
i think audacity in linux is capable of doing it.
Re: How Can I Convert Sound Files From .wma Format To Mp3 Format? by Chxta(m): 4:22pm On Jul 17, 2006
Yes, Audacity in Linux can. But most people here haven't seen the light Niggy. . .
Re: How Can I Convert Sound Files From .wma Format To Mp3 Format? by Raymand(m): 8:26pm On Jul 20, 2006
sbucareer:

Aren't these applications shareware? Basic, you can follow their advice and download these shareware application, which only gives you some limited functionality and could even fry your sound card. Free things are not fully tested and the developer do not bear any responsibility for system damage.

As a developer, this is how people download trap door to their machine and tomorrow they would start complaining that someone is charging their credit card and that monies are missing from their bank account.

Someone with dubious mind could use a free software and create a gigantic cluster of virtual network without you knowing it. Your PC will be used to commite a global crime and the FBI will be at your door one morning and you will be looking at then like a fish.

Thread means topic, like this one How Can I Convert Sound Files From .wma Format To Mp3 Format I don't want to mixed this thread with Java code. But if you want it here, we can.

Man these things rarely happen, ive been using shareware for over 4 years without any problems (except when i try to crack them)! and ANYONE could have credit card info stolen from them just by surfing the net, and that FBI sh*t, well it's plausible but not really practical, you'd have to be REAL unlucky to have that sh*t happen to you,

@ Basic

Go get a shareware man, but make sure their trusted!
Re: How Can I Convert Sound Files From .wma Format To Mp3 Format? by pfowighz(m): 4:20pm On Jul 21, 2006
Thanks for this nice opportunity, SBUcareer, The site is here:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-18462.0.html#msg508596

In Technology at the Programming Forum.

Im quite "fluent" in the c++ lang. and comfortable with Java apps.

And, hope this wont be too complex; like involving Assembly code and stuff undecided smiley
Re: How Can I Convert Sound Files From .wma Format To Mp3 Format? by wormedup(m): 6:03pm On Jul 24, 2006
i could send you one that works fine.
Re: How Can I Convert Sound Files From .wma Format To Mp3 Format? by vokalguy(m): 12:40am On Aug 08, 2006
itunes can convert it,
Re: How Can I Convert Sound Files From .wma Format To Mp3 Format? by nsikis: 9:21am On Dec 24, 2009
its simple
Re: How Can I Convert Sound Files From .wma Format To Mp3 Format? by gonkin(m): 1:41pm On Dec 27, 2009
Basic:

Can anyone pls enlighten me on how this can be done, or better still,give me the web add. Of the site where I can download the software,if at all a software is needed for the process.

dude you've got a lot to learn, when did you start using computer

anyway here's your size, its simple to use just click and download on the link (http://www.nch.com.au/switch/switchsetup.exe)
Re: How Can I Convert Sound Files From .wma Format To Mp3 Format? by TrevorDJ(m): 11:55am On Jun 10, 2022
Windows Media Audio (WMA) files use a proprietary format developed by Microsoft and used by media players built into Windows, like the Windows Media Player. Many other players don’t support WMA files, but they’re easy to convert to something different. This guide explains how to convert a WMA file to MP3 easily.

https://www.novabach.com/how-to-convert-a-wma-file-to-mp3/

(1) (Reply)

Testing / Post To Instagram From Computer - How To / Clean HP Probook 4330s Notebook Laptop 14">>>(Sold❌❌❌)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.