Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,505 members, 7,781,549 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:47 PM

Ugly Britain - Travel (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ugly Britain (106572 Views)

Three Nigerians Arrested At Sham Wedding In Britain / Nigerians, Highest Number Of African Criminals In Britain - UK Home Office / Immigrants To Pay Fee To Enter Britain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Go Down)

Re: Ugly Britain by felifeli: 10:04am On Nov 29, 2008
[size=16pt]WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT NHS IS THIS BROKE ?
ANYONE WANTS TO VOLUNTEER TO BUY THIS ONE HIS DRUGS because HE HAS OBVIOUSLY NOT BEEN TAKING THEM.
BRITAIN FIX THIS SHIT
BLOODY (Mad Cow Disease) LUNATIC !!

PS : Please act quickly else WE SHALL ALL CATCH IT and be foaming at the mouth all over Nairaland. I volunteer 10Naira, that's all I think his miserable life is worth.
[/size] grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Ugly Britain by Nobody: 10:13am On Nov 29, 2008
@angiefan
psycho tranny. dont forget to take ur happy pills.med head
Re: Ugly Britain by sexyLeamon(f): 10:15am On Nov 29, 2008
ROTFLMAO!!!

Why are all of you getting so mad? AngieFan is just giving you Britain haters of taste of your own medicine!

lol but she's taking it too extreme undecided
Re: Ugly Britain by Nobody: 10:23am On Nov 29, 2008
@ANGIEFAN,ur mind is really messed up,i bet its like the devils playground,where u sit and dream all sorts of garbage.
Re: Ugly Britain by tpia: 5:31pm On Nov 29, 2008
AngieFan:

It appears that a lot of people are hurting because of these real life Nigerian pictures I am posting. Oh well, deal with it! cool cool cool And next time don't start shit if you don't want to end up eating it!

Nigerians this is your country. This is the reality of tens of millions Nigerians in Nigeria today. Deal with it and then we can discuss why you think Britain is Ugly.

Bloody cheek!
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

You're so stupid. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Do you know why?

Getting your stinking knickers in a twist just because people are posting pictures of the uglier side of Britain, is too pathetic.

You're the type they call "gutter sniffers" ie people who get high from sniffing stinking gutters in Nigeria. Quite obviously you get a buzz from looking at the nasty photos of rundown parts and those open gutters the media likes to show when they talk about Nigeria.

If thats the Nigeria you know and the gutters you were raised in , then please stay in Britain and keep licking asses over there, since you have no prospects and no future back home.

There are others enjoying the better sides of Nigeria, including quite a lot of Britons ( in your face!).

while you're here posting stupid photos of the places where you were raised in Nigeria so people can sympathize with you and understand where your lunacy is coming from, there's a British guy who saw the same photos you're posting here and decided to go to contribute his own little quota to make things better.

So carry on with your gutter sniffing- we're all here cheering you on. Its cheaper than cocaine, I know. And at least its free- so you get your buzz in an unlimited manner.

what a stupid slave you are.  Those pictures are for you and other slavish people like you. Those are pictures of your neighborhood should you ever decide to set foot in Nigeria again. Thats where you'll live.

Tens of millions indeed. You're sick, for real.

the one hurting here is you. As if Peckham isnt common knowledge to anyone familiar with Britain.

gosh why do Nigerian idiots like you number in the tens of millions? Is there a Nigerian gene for stupidity encoded in some people?
Re: Ugly Britain by SeanT21(f): 10:16pm On Nov 29, 2008
I find it hard to believe that AngieFan is a nIgerian!!
Re: Ugly Britain by Obalende: 11:01pm On Nov 29, 2008
There is something in psychology called compensation where somebody tries to compensate for a "defect" by being extremely good in another area of life or being aggressive against a person who highlights any "defect" that may be relevant to the subject so as to convince him/herself that what has bn hinted at is not really true.(this will be an imperfect analogy but you get what I mean). I AM NOT INSULTING ANYBODY - I AM JUST USING THIS TERM TO EXPLAIN WHY PEOPLE INSULT OTHERS WHEN TRUTH IS HINTED AT. PLEASE NOBODY SHOULD TAKE THIS PERSONAL.

I see no wrong in the assertion of AngieFan that:

"Nigerians this is your country. This is the reality of tens of millions Nigerians in Nigeria today. Deal with it and then we can discuss why you think Britain is Ugly.

Bloody cheek! "

The truth and reality is that tens of millions of Nigerians do indeed live below UN poverty line - many below a dollar a day.

But people don't want to hear this truth. So the "defect" in this case failing to face the reality that there is abject poverty in the country for majority of the citizens. So what is the compensation here - raining insults on someone who has touched on reality, highlighting brixton, peckham, etc as British equivalents so as to compensate for the fact that Nigeria is not as bad as it really IS.

We accept the fact that there have been significant improvements in the country etc and poverty being tackled with REAL improvements; but we should also get to terms with reality. What angiefan has said is self-evident except if you want to reject the truth. Land at Murtala Mohammed airport or someother airport and then board a taxi to a far part of lagos and observe the difference between yourslef, those who boarded the aircraft with you and those hawking on the roads and other social ills; then fly to Kano and also observe; and to a few other states, then fly to a remote village in the South - and tell me if it is not fair to assume that such a number, backed by official statistics(bearing in mind possible errors) could be true

@lucabrisc
You have hinted that the British derive joy in showing bad sides of other countries - this is true - also true is the fact that most of what they say is TRUE. I accept the fact that sometimes, it may seem as if they are making fun of the country and they should rather mind their own business - but that is another issue.

We accept the there is an Ugly side to Britain - but it is fair to state that Nigeria is worse in terms of economic development and living standards (but perhaps this should be discussed in another thread). Nigeria however beats UK in that its not yet very socially conditioned, politically correct and other socio-economically good points. Its not a matter of trying to run either country down - let us be objective.
Re: Ugly Britain by felifeli: 11:25pm On Nov 29, 2008
Obalende:

There is something in psychology called compensation where somebody tries to compensate for a "defect" by being extremely good in another area of life or being aggressive against a person who highlights any "defect" that may be relevant to the subject so as to convince him/herself that what has bn hinted at is not really true.(this will be an imperfect analogy but you get what I mean). I AM NOT INSULTING ANYBODY - I AM JUST USING THIS TERM TO EXPLAIN WHY PEOPLE INSULT OTHERS WHEN TRUTH IS HINTED AT. PLEASE NOBODY SHOULD TAKE THIS PERSONAL.

"Nigerians this is your country. This is the reality of tens of millions Nigerians in Nigeria today. Deal with it and then we can discuss why you think Britain is Ugly.

Bloody cheek! "

The truth and reality is that tens of millions of Nigerians do indeed live below UN poverty line - many below a dollar a day.

But people don't want to hear this truth. So the "defect" in this case failing to face the reality that there is abject poverty in the country for majority of the citizens. So what is the compensation here - raining insults on someone who has touched on reality, highlighting brixton, peckham, etc as British equivalents so as to compensate for the fact that Nigeria is not as bad as it really IS.

We accept the fact that there have been significant improvements in the country etc and poverty being tackled with REAL improvements; but we should also get to terms with reality. What angiefan has said is self-evident except if you want to reject the truth. Land at Murtala Mohammed airport or someother airport and then board a taxi to a far part of lagos and observe the difference between yourslef, those who boarded the aircraft with you and those hawking on the roads and other social ills; then fly to Kano and also observe; and to a few other states, then fly to a remote village in the South - and tell me if it is not fair to assume that such a number, backed by official statistics(bearing in mind possible errors) could be true

@lucabrisc
You have hinted that the British derive joy in showing bad sides of other countries - this is true - also true is the fact that most of what they say is TRUE. I accept the fact that sometimes, it may seem as if they are making fun of the country and they should rather mind their own business - but that is another issue.

We accept the there is an Ugly side to Britain - but it is fair to state that Nigeria is worse in terms of economic development and living standards (but perhaps this should be discussed in another thread). .

Thank you learned professor for your contribution (much of which is Greek by the way) all of us also went to school and we understand that this thread is not for comparing Britain and Nigeria- miles apart in distance , culture and number of years of infrastrucrture development as a country - and you are free to open another thread to fully discuss this problem of the cause of POVERTY in Nigeria. It should be quite interesting and I assure that you will find that the hypocritical British will also feature distinctly and CENTRALLY in such a discussion . Sir Nairaland is FREE country don't be afraid to express yourself and expound your individual theories in the right place wink wink wink wink wink
The consequences of not observing the simple CODE OF CONDUCT and the courtesy in forums such as this (BY ATTEMPTING TO HIJACK A THREAD TO PROMOTE A CONTRARY TOPIC) is that YOU WILL GET [size=16pt]FLAMED[/size] undecided undecided
Re: Ugly Britain by Obalende: 11:34pm On Nov 29, 2008
@felifeli

I am not learned oh - I come from the bush  wink  near your hometown.

"all of us also went to school"

This is irrelevant - I havent said you didnt go to school - perhaps you even have a PhD - I appreciate your contributions to the world.

If its greek to you - you certainly need a translator (another case of avoiding reality - truth has become Greek).

Please note that I was not addressing the thread but the raining of insults on AngieFan.
Re: Ugly Britain by tpia: 3:09am On Nov 30, 2008
Obalende:

Bloody cheek! "

look, if you're going to post something, learn to think things through before typing, ok?

The idiot wasnt referring to UN poverty line- she meant tens of millions of Nigerians are living in the kind of gutters and slums she posted on this thread.

Now, I don't know where you live even though you're claiming Obalende here, but one thing most dumbos fail to realize is that Nigeria has more rural than urban areas. The cities and some large towns are overcrowded- the rural areas are not.

These useless pictures you people are fond of posting, show the effects of overcrowding in certain areas. To now imply the whole of Nigeria is like that, shows the mentality of a bastard who is out to destroy his/her father's house simply because their life isnt as glamorous as they want it to be.

And note, when I say bastard here I don't mean someone whose parents werent married. If you act like a bastard, then you're a bastard regardless how married your parents were.
Re: Ugly Britain by tpia: 3:19am On Nov 30, 2008
Obalende:

Bloody cheek! "

look- we all know how Nigeria is, ok?

All this thread is trying to do is show life overseas isnt always as green as people make it out to be. Simple.

Money does not grow on trees and the streets of London are not paved with gold.

Who here is saying Nigeria is not as bad as it really is?

If you want to be someone's knight in shining armor, then you really need to pick your battles, because when you choose a stupid cause, then you look even more stupid than the original idiot.

We accept the there is an Ugly side to Britain - but it is fair to state that Nigeria is worse in terms of economic development and living standards (but perhaps this should be discussed in another thread). Nigeria however beats UK in that its not yet very socially conditioned, politically correct and other socio-economically good points. Its not a matter of trying to run either country down - let us be objective.

once again, this thread isnt about Nigeria. Its about Britain, Whats so hard for you to accept in this simple fact?

There's nothing in the photos angie posted that people havent seen before- in fact I can dig up even worse ones if I'm so inclined.

The thing here is no one likes a kiss ass and a brainwashed monkey who doesnt know where they're coming from or where they're going to. These are the kind of people who end up on the streets of London shooting drugs and wielding knives. Then come on the internet to yarn rubbish as if that will conceal the empty failure they call a life.
Re: Ugly Britain by Nobody: 9:21am On Nov 30, 2008
here we go going round again in circles,for the last time let me educate our proffessor,we know Nigeria is suffering and people are poor, we know everyday and every where, the thread is about showing that Britain is not paved with gold and bling.Are u all that daft or has the loss of ur self pride wiped out any iota of reason, geez,making me slow,this repitition.

Re: Ugly Britain by AngieFan(f): 11:33am On Nov 30, 2008
Tilapia abi Tpia, since you chose to approach me in the manner that you did I will respond in kind.

Who are you calling a bastard? FV.CK you and the bicycle you rode in on! This is your country whether you like it or not! Don't come in here all defensive trying to prove anything when you get your shit presented to your face up, close and personal. This is the country you are all so proud of, where life in cheap, children bathing in putrid water, women washing clothes and cooking in it, hundreds of people being killed because of something minor.  .   .the list is endless. Whether you like it or not good things in Nigeria are few and far between, put that in your pipe and smoke it!

I stand by what I say, tens of millions of Nigerians live like this everyday and the sooner you guys start to deal with it instead of worrying about Britain, it will remain that way. Idiot my ass! The only Idiot in here is your geriatric ass and that Pillock, Firefly.

Either you tell your fellow Nigerians to focus on their own shit or shut your stank mouth the hell up with that bullshit! Shithead!

If you want to respond feel free to do so; I won't waste any more words on you but I will reply with more pictures (I have plenty) over which you can bust a blood vessel over for all I care.  grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ugly Britain by AngieFan(f): 11:40am On Nov 30, 2008
[size=16pt]NIGERIANS, THIS IS YOUR COUNTRY!!!![/size]

BBC NEWS
Riots 'kill hundreds in Nigeria'

Hundreds of people are reported to have been killed in central Nigeria after Christians and Muslims clashed over the result of a local election.

A Muslim charity in the town of Jos says it collected more than 300 bodies, and fatalities are also expected among Christians.

There is no official confirmation yet, and figures are notoriously unreliable in Nigeria, says the BBC's Alex Last.

Police have imposed a 24-hour curfew and the army is patrolling the streets.

They have been given orders to shoot on sight in an effort to quell hostilities that mark the worst clashes in the restive West African nation since 2004.

For the second straight day on Saturday, angry mobs went through the town burning homes, churches and mosques.

The Nigerian Red Cross says at least 10,000 people have fled their homes.

Contested election

The mostly Christian-backed governing party, the People's Democratic Party, was declared to have won the state elections in Plateau state, of which Jos is the capital city.

The result was contested by the opposition All Nigeria People's Party, which has support from Muslims.

Violence started on Thursday night as groups of angry youths burnt tyres on the roads over reports of election rigging.

Bodies from the Muslim Hausa community were brought into the central mosque compound.

The local imam, Sheikh Khalid Abubakar, said more than 300 dead bodies were brought there on Saturday alone.

Those killed in the Christian community would probably be taken to the city morgue, raising the possibility that the total death toll could be much higher.

Police spokesman Bala Kassim said there were "many dead," but couldn't cite a firm number.

Despite the overnight curfew, groups in some areas took to the streets again as soon as police patrols had passed by.

Troubled past

In 2001, more than 1,000 people died in religious clashes in the city, situated in Nigeria's fertile "middle belt" that separates the Muslim north from the predominantly Christian south.

And in 2004, a state of emergency was declared in Plateau state after more than 200 Muslims were killed in the town of Yelwa in attacks by Christian militia.

Correspondents say communal violence in Nigeria is complex, but it often boils down to competition for resources such as land between those that see themselves as indigenous versus the more recent settlers.

In Plateau, Christians are regarded as being indigenous and Hausa-speaking Muslims the settlers.

Are you in the region? Have you witnessed the violence? Contact us using the form below or send us your text messages to +44 7624 800 100.

At no time should you endanger yourself or others, take any unnecessary risks or infringe any laws.

Published: 2008/11/29 21:03:25 GMT

© BBC MMVIII

Re: Ugly Britain by pafun(m): 12:04pm On Nov 30, 2008
My , my sorry everybody I feel so guilty and responsible for all the riot on this thread.
Abeg no vex, but nothing spoil yet sha !! grin grin

I have created a parallel thread to post pictures of Nigeria and I think that should even things a bit innit ? wink wink wink

The thread UGLY NIGERIA is located at following https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-202007.0.html#msg3160668

@Angiefan
Thanks for this great idea. God bless you.

Sorry all I have to go back into retirement once again , this place is too funky for me grin grin grin
Re: Ugly Britain by felifeli: 2:18pm On Nov 30, 2008
pafun:

My , my sorry everybody I feel so guilty and responsible for all the riot on this thread.
Abeg no vex, but nothing spoil yet sha !! grin grin

I have created a parallel thread to post pictures of Nigeria and I think that should even things a bit innit ? wink wink wink

The thread UGLY NIGERIA is located at following https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-202007.0.html#msg3160668

@Angiefan
Thanks for this great idea. God bless you.

Sorry all I have to go back into retirement once again , this place is too funky for me grin grin grin
[size=18pt]Bros this is not fair bring him back . miserable homosexual git !![/size] grin grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Ugly Britain by sexyLeamon(f): 2:23pm On Nov 30, 2008
pafun:

Angiefan your job is made easy
Re: Ugly Britain by Nobody: 6:58pm On Nov 30, 2008
[size=14pt]Brits on top in casual sex league as survey reveals we are among the most promiscuous in the world[/size]
By DAILY MAIL REPORTER

British men and women are among the most promiscuous in the world, researchers have found.

In an international index measuring one-night stands, total numbers of partners and attitudes to casual sex, Britain comes out ahead of America, Australia, France, the Netherlands, Italy and Germany.

The result has been linked to the decline of religious scruples, the growth of equal rights for women and a highly sexualised popular culture.

According to a survey, British men and women are among the most promiscuous in the world

Some 14,000 people in 48 countries filled in questionnaires about casual sex and how many people they expected to sleep with in the next five years.

The results were turned into an index of 'sociosexuality' - a measure of how sexually liberal people are in thought and behaviour.

Britain scored 40, placing it 11th overall, behind countries such as Latvia, Croatia and Slovenia - but it was highest among the major western industrial nations.

The researchers say high scores such as Britain’s may be linked to the way society is increasingly willing to accept sexual promiscuity among women as well as men.

They also believe that, among certain age groups and at certain times, men and women are equally liberal, adding that cultural developments have meant women are now as able to engage in no-strings sex as men.

'Historically we have repressed women’s short-term mating and there are all sorts of double standards out there where men’s short-term mating was sort of acceptable but women’s wasn’t,' said David Schmitt, a professor of psychology at Bradley University, Illinois, who oversaw the research.

The country with the highest rating was Finland, with an average of 51. Taiwan came lowest, with 19.
Re: Ugly Britain by felifeli: 7:40pm On Nov 30, 2008
AngieFan:

[size=16pt]NIGERIANS, THIS IS YOUR COUNTRY!!!![/size]

[size=16pt]OBVIOUSLY A LOT OF BRITISH TEND TO HAVE SHORT MEMORIES ABOUT CITIZENS DISCONTENT. BRITISH THIS IS YOUR COUNTRY !![/size] cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Re: Ugly Britain by JFKennedy: 12:30am On Dec 01, 2008
this is war
Re: Ugly Britain by Obalende: 12:33am On Dec 01, 2008
@tpia
i didnt have time to read through all of ur reply.

however, I wont be foolish enough to get personal with you.

this is a faceless forum, i wont engage in name calling simply because it is a waste of my valuable time.

I appreciate your points. but its really crude to really think that I will engage with you in name calling.

", bastard, " etc

this is really uncalled for. just make ur point - i don't know u from anywhere!
Re: Ugly Britain by tpia: 12:37am On Dec 01, 2008
Obalende:

@tpia
i didnt have time to read through all of ur reply.

however, I wont be foolish enough to get personal with you.

this is a faceless forum, i wont engage in name calling simply because it is a waste of my valuable time.

I appreciate your points. but its really crude to really think that I will engage with you in name calling.

", bastard, " etc

this is really uncalled for. just make ur point - i don't know u from anywhere!

true talk.

So[b] back off [/b] and take your blind moralizing elsewhere.

There's a time and a place for different attitudes at different points in time.

if you cant stand the heat, then get out of the kitchen!
Re: Ugly Britain by tpia: 12:44am On Dec 01, 2008
AngieFan:

Tilapia abi Tpia, since you chose to approach me in the manner that you did I will respond in kind.

Who are you calling a bastard? FV.CK you and the bicycle you rode in on! This is your country whether you like it or not! Don't come in here all defensive trying to prove anything when you get your shit presented to your face up, close and personal. This is the country you are all so proud of, where life in cheap, children bathing in putrid water, women washing clothes and cooking in it, hundreds of people being killed because of something minor.  .   .the list is endless. Whether you like it or not good things in Nigeria are few and far between, put that in your pipe and smoke it!

I stand by what I say, tens of millions of Nigerians live like this everyday and the sooner you guys start to deal with it instead of worrying about Britain, it will remain that way. Idiot my ass! The only Idiot in here is your geriatric ass and that Pillock, Firefly.

Either you tell your fellow Nigerians to focus on their own shit or shut your stank mouth the hell up with that bullshit! Shithead!

If you want to respond feel free to do so; I won't waste any more words on you but I will reply with more pictures (I have plenty) over which you can bust a blood vessel over for all I care.  grin grin grin grin grin grin

useless fool- i've told you- these are pictures of where you'll live if you ever dare set foot in Nigeria for the rest of your miserable life. grin grin grin grin grin grin

Even if they deport you from wherever you're ekeing out your miserable and pathetic existence, you'll never, and I repeat never, enjoy the good life in Nigeria.

Gutter sniffing slowpoke like you- who's busting a blood vessel besides yourself here?

Typing in caps and outlining in red.  get yourself apopletic and have a heart attack because Great Britain is being shown to have another side.

Like the Brits bloody care about just another black leeching face[b] like you[/b], trying to act like a great defender of the British empire.
Dolt- was Britain built with your help, or did they call you when the country was being formed.

KEEP POSTING AND ENTERTAINING LIKE THE RETARDED CLOWN YOU ARE! GET YOUR PSEUDO BRITISH PPANTIES IN A BUNCH BECAUSE PEOPLE FROM YOUR HOMETOWN IN NIGERIA ARE LIVING IN STINKING GUTTERS UNDER BRIDGES! TENS OF MILLIONS JUST ABOUT COVERS EVERYBODY FROM YOUR FAMILY AND LOCAL GOVT AREA WHO RESIDE IN THESE SHITHOLES RELATED TO YOU. GUTTER IS IN YOUR BLOOD!  KEEP ON DISPLAYING YOUR GENE POOL AKA GUTTER!
YEYE!!
Re: Ugly Britain by Obalende: 12:46am On Dec 01, 2008
@tpia
ok.
Re: Ugly Britain by tpia: 12:47am On Dec 01, 2008
Obalende:

@tpia
ok.

look, if you have something to say, say it instead of hanging around in this idiotic manner seeking attention.

I'm not here to rub your back, sorry.
Re: Ugly Britain by Obalende: 1:02am On Dec 01, 2008
@tpia

you said:

"true talk.

So back off and take your blind moralizing elsewhere.

There's a time and a place for different attitudes at different points in time.

if you can't stand the heat, then get out of the kitchen!"

I said ok.

Please mind yourself and your business after a conclusive OK.
Re: Ugly Britain by blackspade(m): 8:29am On Dec 01, 2008
ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!

AngieFan & tpia, your war of words are proving almost too entertaining, nevertheless, continue!
Re: Ugly Britain by felifeli: 12:02pm On Dec 01, 2008
@Obalende
Your paedophile friend did not get beaten up because of WHAT he is posting but because of WHERE he is posting. Thread hijacking [/b]is just like real life hijacking and is never polite , it is also a lot like terrorism and therefore demands "[b]Maximum Force" when sane people need to deal with it.
Your friend is a hopeless sociopath as he has demonstrated without any doubt and there should no tears for him. If he carries on like this he is soon going to meet a very unfortunate and violent end wherever he presently lives.

I said he is a lunatic because it is only a lunatic that will insist on breakdancing where other people around are waltzing.
Re: Ugly Britain by lucabrasi(m): 2:40pm On Dec 01, 2008
hello im back grin we have not denied that we r dirty in nigeria,what we r asking briticos is that "what have you done with all these billions of p[ounds"

to whom much is given much is expected grin

Re: Ugly Britain by lucabrasi(m): 2:43pm On Dec 01, 2008
just to reiterate again "THE BUDGET FOR A "SINGLE BRITISH ESTABLISHMENT" THE N.H.S IS MORE THAN TIMES 4 OF THE TOTAL NIGERIAN BUDGET FOR THIS YEAR, SO WHAT HAVE YOU BRITISH DONE WITH ALL THESE BILLIONS OR DO YOU HAVE CORRUPT NIGERIAN POLITICIANS TOO grin grin

Re: Ugly Britain by lucabrasi(m): 2:54pm On Dec 01, 2008
Mr. Bradshaw: The total NHS plan expenditure for 2009-10 is £102,642 million. This is as set out in the NHS Departmental Report 2008 (Figure Al).

source;http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm200708/cmhansrd/cm080901/text/80901w0085.htm

Growth in NHS spending will slow to 4% per year after a period of record investment, it was announced today.

Since 2002 the NHS has had annual funding increases of about 7%, but it was known this would slow after 2008.

Chancellor Alistair Darling announced a 4% a year rise for the NHS for three years - from £90 billion this year to £110 billion in 2010
WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN DOING WITH THIS FUNDINGS grin

ANSWER;
astic cost-cutting ordered by the Government across the NHS has derailed its flagship policy to ensure that no patient waits longer than 18 weeks for hospital treatment.

A leaked e-mail seen by The Times reveals that the Department of Health is so worried that new data showing that some patients will have to wait “in excess of one year” will be highlighted by the media that it has issued special guidance on how to spin the news.

The Government is expected to announce today that the NHS has made a surplus of more than £500 million in the past financial year after an aggressive drive to reduce spending by health trusts

2)Published: 24 October 2008

Economic crisis leaves NHS facing staff shortage timebomb

Health workers across the NHS are facing severe hardship due to the current economic crisis and the effect of a below inflation pay deal. With inflation running at a 16-year high, NHS unions have joined forces to press the Government to reopen pay talks for next year. The unions argue that the three-year pay deal agreed earlier this year is now leaving hundreds of thousands of NHS workers struggling to make ends meet.

In their evidence to the independent NHS Pay Review Body (NHSPRB), the unions argue that another cycle of boom and bust in the health labour market is just around the corner. A combination of students having to leave their courses because of financial pressures and an ageing workforce facing imminent retirement will leave the NHS with severe staff shortages and an inevitable impact on patient care

3)The mood of crisis in the NHS deepened yesterday with the announcement of 720 further job losses at a hospital trust in the Midlands and the resignation of a trust chief executive in the north-west, with a £475,000 payoff.
Worcestershire Acute Hospitals NHS trust said it would have to shed 720 jobs over the next 12 months to balance the books after accumulating deficits worth £31.5m over several years

4)PATIENTS PULLING OUT THEIR OWN TEETH, OUCH!!!!!!!!! grin grin grin IN "GREAT" BRITAIN
The parlous state of NHS dentistry was exposed yesterday.
Such is the shortage of state-funded dentists that one in 20 patients has resorted to DIY treatment, in some cases pulling out their own teeth.
One in five has gone without treatment because of the cost.
And of those who have registered with a private dentist, three-quarters did so only because their surgery stopped providing NHS treatment or they could not find an NHS dentist to register with.
The findings, from a survey of more than 5,200 patients and 750 dentists, were held up last night as evidence that new contracts for dentists brought in by the Government last year are failing the public.
5)EVEN BRITISH DOCTORS ARE RUNNING AWAY NOW! grin
A quarter of junior doctors have become so disenchanted with the health service that they are no longer working in medicine, the British Medical Association annual meeting was told yesterday.

One doctor, Helen Davison, 28, told the meeting that she had left the profession two years ago because of stress.
Re: Ugly Britain by lucabrasi(m): 2:57pm On Dec 01, 2008
MORE,

VICTIMS OF NHS DIRTYNESS
Florence Laning
Florence Laning's life "just ebbed out of her" when she contracted Clostridium difficile at Maidstone Hospital after being admitted for surgery on a broken hip.

The 91-year-old right, was expected to be home in weeks, but the bug reduced the retired cook from 9st to 5st by the time of her death in May last year, 10 weeks after her fracture.

Mrs Laning's daughter, Pat Grant, 71, a retired auditor, said: "My mother was a robust woman who never so much as got a cold. But after that operation the life just ebbed out of her. She was like skin and bone in the end. It was awful to see. The treatment she had was terrible, the wards were not properly clean and she was virtually ignored. She wasn't allowed to die with dignity. I feel very bitter towards Maidstone Hospital. She had lots of tests but it was a while before they would admit it was C.diff.

"She wasn't eating properly because the nurses didn't put her false teeth in and she couldn't understand anyone because they didn't put her hearing aid in."

Eileen Wilson
Eileen Wilson, aged 84, died of Clostridium difficile two months after being admitted to Maidstone Hospital after a stroke.

Her son Paul was never told she had the deadly infection – and even her original death certificate did not mention it.

He only found out when the coroner demanded that the hospital record a cause of death. Mr Wilson, 57 said: "That's the first we knew of it. We thought she had sickness and diarrhoea."

He was so appalled, he then secretly recorded the poor hygiene procedures at the hospital for ITV.

He found that a hospital wagon manned "by men in dirty overalls" and being used to pick up biological waste was then used to distribute clean laundry and food, without proper safeguards. "It was criminal what went on" he said. "My mother was such a clean person but the way she died was unthinkable.

"Although she had had a stroke, she managed to say to me, 'don't bring my grandson Charlie in to see me, there are problems here.' She didn't want him getting ill." Mr Wilson added that his brother Mark had also contracted C.diff when he came in to see their mother with a cut hand. Mark, 42, recovered but was off work sick for three weeks.

Mr Wilson thought the C.diff problem had been neglected because most victims were elderly. "The problem is when someone old dies nobody thinks anything of it," he said.

"Now the report has come out I am going to sue," he promised

TOP TEN DIRTIEST HOSPITALS IN BRITASIN, NOT ALL JUST THE TOP TEN grin
Broadgreen Hospital, Liverpool
Bristol Royal Infirmary, Bristol
Russells Hall Hospital, Dudley, West Midlands
Corbett Hospital, Dudley, West Midlands
Wordsley Hospital, Dudley, West Midlands
Guest Hospital, Dudley, West Midlands
Mount Vernon Hospital, Northwood, Herts
Watford Hospital, Watford, Herts
Essex County Hospital, Colchester, Essex
Pembury Hospital, Tunbridge Wells, Kent

PICTURES ON REQUEST

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26)

Tanker Fire On Lagos Ibadan Expressway: Corpses Evacuated, Eyewitness Accounts / Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here / Nigerian In Philippines Displays Relief Items Given To Him By Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.