Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,470 members, 7,781,367 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:16 PM

24, Season 9: Jack Is Back! - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / 24, Season 9: Jack Is Back! (13695 Views)

DOWNLOAD SERIES: “24″ Season 9 Episode 9 & 10 / 24 Season 8 Begins 17th Jan / "24" Season 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 24, Season 9: Jack Is Back! by Kezifils(m): 3:32pm On Jul 14, 2014
portable86: Can someone send me the episodes available please?
Ok thanking you in advance

If you own a bb, its best you download it urself. Its faster that way.
Re: 24, Season 9: Jack Is Back! by colossus2: 3:34pm On Jul 14, 2014
Kezifils:

...a ten-episode fifth and final season will air in 2014.
Source: www.wikipedia.com

Na u finish strike Back for season four ni? Who still dey buy series for disk?
<--------- Just get lost
Re: 24, Season 9: Jack Is Back! by colossus2: 3:38pm On Jul 14, 2014
Kezifils:
The Unit is interesting and I love the show but 24 is better.
Have you seen Iris and Kill Point.
You'd love both series
Iris has 4 season but Kill Point is just a single season
Re: 24, Season 9: Jack Is Back! by portable86(f): 4:06pm On Jul 14, 2014
Kezifils:

If you own a bb, its best you download it urself. Its faster that way.
I use an andriod phone
Re: 24, Season 9: Jack Is Back! by Kezifils(m): 7:47pm On Jul 14, 2014
colossus2:
Have you seen Iris and Kill Point.
You'd love both series
Iris has 4 season but Kill Point is just a single season

Not yet. Will download ASAP
Re: 24, Season 9: Jack Is Back! by nairakobo: 6:30am On Jul 15, 2014
Pres. Heller: There's nothing u can do, there's nothing anyone can do....

RIP Audrey
Moscow party for Jack
#teamtonyloading
Re: 24, Season 9: Jack Is Back! by Wilfem(m): 6:51am On Jul 15, 2014
This season finale, otherwise referred to as the Episode 12 had what I'll refer to as a sad ending. Why did I say so?
Audrey is dead and the saddest part being the capturing of Jack Bauer by the Russians. But I'm quite sure that there's gonna be yet another season thereafter, in which I forsee Tony, Chloe and Kate going to Russia to get Jack.
#BestTvSeriesEver
Re: 24, Season 9: Jack Is Back! by RayMcBlue(m): 8:46am On Jul 15, 2014
Two words: Disappointing finale.

An Epic TV series such as these deserved a blockbuster finale and happy ending, instead we were burdened with a gloomy and somewhat bizarre closing. One of the worst season finale I've ever watched.

Rating: 5/10. Average (A disappointing way to end a great show).
Re: 24, Season 9: Jack Is Back! by semid4lyfe(m): 9:12am On Jul 15, 2014
Wilfem: This season finale, otherwise referred to as the Episode 12 had what I'll refer to as a sad ending. Why did I say so?
Audrey is dead and the saddest part being the capturing of Jack Bauer by the Russians. But I'm quite sure that there's gonna be yet another season thereafter, in which I forsee Tony, Chloe and Kate going to Russia to get Jack.
#BestTvSeriesEver

Phew. . .just finished watching. Fact is in real life, things don't always end happily so I can relate.

I knew the Russians were always going to get Jack one way or another once he resurfaced and they got wind of him.

Their Covert Operations, Espionage and intelligence gathering capabilities were just too good for Jack to evade being captured. Na a whole RUSSIA we dey talk about o, guys.

RIP Audrey, Goodbye President Heller

Look forward to seeing Kate, Chloe and Belcheck in Season 10.

I doubt Season 10 will be set in Russia. Just don't see it's feasibility.

My Scenario - There'll probably be an impeding terrorist attack on the US and Jack Bauer may be the ONLY one with "actionable intelligence" and ability to stop it so this will necessitate a high level Prisoner Exchange between Russia and the US grin

See you guys in Season 10. . . . . . . .
Re: 24, Season 9: Jack Is Back! by colossus2: 9:17am On Jul 15, 2014
While watching, I said to myself that this episode should be the best only for it to go sour.....sad embarassed
Re: 24, Season 9: Jack Is Back! by colossus2: 9:37am On Jul 15, 2014
semid4lyfe:

See you guys in Season 10. . . . . . . . [/i].

Lolz....which year will they produce Season 10 (2016) cheesy
But honestly, Jack needs to be a freeman sha grin
Re: 24, Season 9: Jack Is Back! by RayMcBlue(m): 9:49am On Jul 15, 2014
There is no season 10, guys. Fox hadn't and didn't and would probably never renew the show for the tenth season. A 24 spin-off may be in the works, but 24 as a TV series is dead. It died last night with the final season finale, so stop wishing and hoping for something that will never be.
Re: 24, Season 9: Jack Is Back! by RayMcBlue(m): 9:54am On Jul 15, 2014
colossus2:
Lolz....which year will they produce Season 10 (2016) cheesy
But honestly, Jack needs to be a freeman sha grin

More like 2066. grin
Re: 24, Season 9: Jack Is Back! by colossus2: 10:34am On Jul 15, 2014
RayMcBlue:

More like 2066. grin
Lmao....but this final episode was crazy just that they didn't give viewers what we expected. They just triggered our emotions instead of filling our hearts with excitement.
What a sad end sad
Re: 24, Season 9: Jack Is Back! by brilapluz(m): 11:18am On Jul 15, 2014
RayMcBlue: There is no season 10, guys. Fox hadn't and didn't and would probably never renew the show for the tenth season. A 24 spin-off may be in the works, but 24 as a TV series is dead. It died last night with the final season finale, so stop wishing and hoping for something that will never be.
i disagree...just read from fox that there is a possibility of a 10th season and arrangements are in place to start up shooting dats if its not already part of season 9 production.....finally a silent clock but sadly 4 audrey wink
Re: 24, Season 9: Jack Is Back! by brilapluz(m): 11:24am On Jul 15, 2014
colossus2:
Lmao....but this final episode was crazy just that they didn't give viewers what we expected. They just triggered our emotions instead of filling our hearts with excitement.
What a sad end sad
such is life...things some times dont work out the way we anticipate...i believe the way it was concluded was a coverted plan by the producers and directors 2 keep us guessing and wanting another season....and believe me,fans will insist on a happy ending 4 jack thereby necessitating a 10th season..my opinion sha cheesy
Re: 24, Season 9: Jack Is Back! by jenniferzara(f): 11:48am On Jul 15, 2014
I love this very much...
Re: 24, Season 9: Jack Is Back! by RayMcBlue(m): 12:07pm On Jul 15, 2014
brilapluz:
i disagree...just read from fox that there is a possibility of a 10th season and arrangements are in place to start up shooting dats if its not already part of season 9 production.....finally a silent clock but sadly 4 audrey wink

You need to understand something, mate. Producing a very expensive show like 24 ain't easy. It requires funds, manpower and lots and lots of it. It took Fox like 4 years plus to finally muster enough courage and funds to finally tie up the loose ends with a 12 episodic season 9. Originally scheduled to be a full 24 episodic season like it's predecessors, the showrunners had to cut it in half for obvious reasons.

So what gave you the idea that Fox would renew the show for another season? Do you know how much another season would cost, especially for a Network that is sort of cash strapped at the moment? Were you aware that Fox hit TV series, Gang related had to be cancelled in spite of high ratings and reviews because of the inability to continue. Guess why? That's right, lack of funds and manpower. So believe me when I tell you that 24 season 10 is the least of their problems right now. They are done with it, Caput.

There were talks with the richer NBC network to pick up the 24 TV series but it fell through as NBC developed some problems of their own and had to curb some of their own TV shows.

24 may return - nothing is guaranteed after all - but be rest assured that it will not be on Fox network, that's for sure.
Re: 24, Season 9: Jack Is Back! by RayMcBlue(m): 12:33pm On Jul 15, 2014
colossus2:
What a sad end sad

After watching the season finale early this morning, I couldn't help but think that maybe it would have been better if the season 8 finale was the last ever 24 TV series episode ever. It was way better directed, more explosive, more unpredictable and best of all, Jack walked away (okay, ran away) a free man albeit a fugitive.

Do you know what pissed me off most of all in this season finale? The quick and honorable way Jack killed Cheng. He gave him a samurai's death, and Cheng wasn't even a Japanese to begin with (WTF??). Better option was to keep him alive and use him as a bargaining chip of some kind against the Russians, who knows...

I was nursing a sentiment that Jack could get to see his daughter and grandchild again, at least one more time before disappearing again (I never for once entertained the notion that Jack would ever surrender himself to the United States Government or otherwise), so you can understand my crushing disappointment when he sheepishly surrendered himself to the Russians in exchange for Chloe. That's not the Jack I remembered. So bizarre. And he didn't get to see his family...

All in All, a disappointing Finale.
Re: 24, Season 9: Jack Is Back! by Ajibel(m): 12:58pm On Jul 15, 2014
Jack will be back. He got a silent clock for himself - that means a lot. LadyBauer(Kate), Chloe and Belcheck could go and rescue him or there could be a similar replay of S6 exchange of Bauer after being satisfyingly tortued beyond recognition. LadyBauer reminds me of Alias buh Kiefer is getting old. Im not that disappointed, it was better than he being killed.
Re: 24, Season 9: Jack Is Back! by brilapluz(m): 1:04pm On Jul 15, 2014
RayMcBlue:

You need to understand something, mate. Producing a very expensive show like 24 ain't easy. It requires funds, manpower and lots and lots of it. It took Fox like 4 years plus to finally muster enough courage and funds to finally tie up the loose ends with a 12 episodic season 9. Originally scheduled to be a full 24 episodic season like it's predecessors, the showrunners had to cut it in half for obvious reasons.

So what gave you the idea that Fox would renew the show for another season? Do you know how much another season would cost, especially for a Network that is sort of cash strapped at the moment? Were you aware that Fox hit TV series, Gang related had to be cancelled in spite of high ratings and reviews because of the inability to continue. Guess why? That's right, lack of funds and manpower. So believe me when I tell you that 24 season 10 is the least of their problems right now. They are done with it, Caput.

There was talks with the richer NBC network to pick up the 24 TV series but it fell through as NBC developed some problems of their own and had to curb some of their own TV shows.

24 may return - nothing is guaranteed after all - but be rest assured that it will not be on Fox network, that's for sure.
my broda I understand dat part very well but u r not d one running FOX and we can not just conclude 4 dem...whether dey renew or not is not my business.... I am only telling u wat I saw @ deir website after viewing d season finale....u can check it up urself if in doubt....as 4 d possibility of Anoda season,I am quite optimistic of one(don't 4get deir plan 2 intro Carlos Bernard)...4 now let's watch and see if its a possibility but it will b disappointing if jack is not given a happy ending.....
Re: 24, Season 9: Jack Is Back! by brilapluz(m): 1:13pm On Jul 15, 2014
Ajibel: Jack will be back. He got a silent clock for himself - that means a lot. LadyBauer(Kate), Chloe and Belcheck could go and rescue him or there could be a similar replay of S6 exchange of Bauer after being satisfyingly tortured beyond recognition. LadyBauer reminds me of Alias buh Kiefer is getting old. Im not that disappointed, it was better than he being killed.
u r absolutely rite my broda...it will b disappointing if dey don't make a 10th,in fact d ratings will instantly drop 2 its lowest...dat silent clock means a whole lot....intact,see u all in season 10...lol
Re: 24, Season 9: Jack Is Back! by RayMcBlue(m): 1:18pm On Jul 15, 2014
brilapluz:
my broda I understand dat part very well but u r not d one running FOX and we can not just conclude 4 dem...whether dey renew or not is not my business.... I am only telling u wat I saw @ deir website after viewing d season finale....u can check it up urself if in doubt....as 4 d possibility of Anoda season,I am quite optimistic of one(don't 4get deir plan 2 intro Carlos Bernard)...4 now let's watch and see if its a possibility but it will b disappointing if jack is not given a happy ending.....

There is one thing you learn as you go through life. If a question is met with silence or with a question mark, then things are bleak indeed. I've visited Fox even before the season finale aired - I have them bookmarked on my browser - and what I read wasn't encouraging at all.

-Kiefer Sutherland (Jack Baur) said there is a possibility that this might not be the last 24 series, but a lot depends on another network picking up the show (And we all knew that the likliest candidate, NBC had pulled out)

-The showrunner was even vaguer than Kiefer, he said that they are still reviewing their options.

Typically, a show gets renewed immediately the season finale concludes, but when the head honchos started beating about the bush like those on Fox, then even the most optimistic of fans would realise that there is nothing there.
Re: 24, Season 9: Jack Is Back! by colossus2: 1:21pm On Jul 15, 2014
brilapluz:
u r absolutely rite my broda...it will b disappointing if dey don't make a 10th,in fact d ratings will instantly drop 2 its lowest...dat silent clock means a whole lot....intact,see u all in season 10...lol
Lolz...anyway I want a season 10 cos I want a happy ending for Jack.
But the question is "in what year".
Production is not a days job....it takes a lot.
Season 9 was in UK. Now Jack will be taken to Russia, President is on his way to USA.
So what year can this season 10 be produced cheesy
Re: 24, Season 9: Jack Is Back! by RayMcBlue(m): 1:30pm On Jul 15, 2014
colossus2:
Season 9 was in UK. Now Jack will be taken to Russia, President is on his way to USA.

And don't forget the age factor. Jack is not getting any younger. Even if season 10 made a return say 4 to 5 years from now, even Kiefer would lose interest in reprising his role as Jack Baur.
Re: 24, Season 9: Jack Is Back! by brilapluz(m): 1:33pm On Jul 15, 2014
RayMcBlue:

There is one thing you learn as you go through life. If a question is met with silence or with a question mark, then things are bleak indeed. I've visited Fox even before the season finale aired - I have them bookmarked on my browser - and what I read wasn't encouraging at all.

-Kiefer Sutherland (Jack Baur) said there is a possibility that this might not be the last 24 series, but a lot depends on another network picking up the show (And we all knew that the likliest candidate, NBC had pulled out)

-The showrunner was even vaguer than Kiefer, he said that they are still reviewing their options.

Typically, a show gets renewed immediately the season finale concludes, but when the head honchos started beating about the bush like those on Fox, then even the most optimistic of fans would realise that there is nothing there.
OK I get u now but let's wait and see.....as far as am concerned(and I just hope am speaking d minds of oda's 24 fans),24 season 9 finale didn't end quite well and once every1 gets d feeling dat dere won't b some sort of happy ending 4 jack,d ratings will instantly drop in large portions..
I don't tink Dats how dey want d 24 franchise 2 end...
Re: 24, Season 9: Jack Is Back! by brilapluz(m): 1:36pm On Jul 15, 2014
colossus2:
don't worry it won't b like d last time....Lol...am hoping 4 a year interval...Lol...just my tots sha
Re: 24, Season 9: Jack Is Back! by RayMcBlue(m): 1:43pm On Jul 15, 2014
brilapluz:
OK I get u now but let's wait and cos as far as am concerned(and I just hope am speaking d minds of oda's 24 fans),24 season 9 finale didn't end quite well and once every1 gets d feeling dat dere won't b some sort of happy ending 4 jack,d ratings will instantly drop in large portions..
I don't tink Dats how dey want d 24 franchise 2 end...

The way I see it, the Producers would attempt to auction off the series to interested parties. Heard a rumor that Netflix is interested, and CBS wants a piece of that but right now it's all speculation. Everyone would like a happy ending for Jack, and the showrunners were smart enough to leave a premise for further storylines but... a lot depends on the timing. Delaying the show further wouldn't do it any good.

1 Like

Re: 24, Season 9: Jack Is Back! by JuanDeDios: 12:10am On Jul 16, 2014
RayMcBlue:
I was nursing a sentiment that Jack could get to see his daughter and grandchild again, at least one more time before disappearing again (I never for once entertained the notion that Jack would ever surrender himself to the United States Government or otherwise), so you can understand my crushing disappointment when he sheepishly surrendered himself to the Russians in exchange for Chloe. That's not the Jack I remembered. So bizarre. And he didn't get to see his family...
Of course, that's Jack. Didn't you watch seasons 1-8? Actually, there was simply no other way for this season to end than in Jack's capture by the Russians. No other ending would have made sense - he couldn't have returned to the US and simply carry on life in a flat in California. Or remain in London. Or show up in Lagos.

And giving up himself to save a friend's life is consistent with his character going by previous episodes.
Re: 24, Season 9: Jack Is Back! by RayMcBlue(m): 4:53am On Jul 16, 2014
JuanDeDios:
Of course, that's Jack. Didn't you watch seasons 1-8? Actually, there was simply no other way for this season to end than in Jack's capture by the Russians. No other ending would have made sense - he couldn't have returned to the US and simply carry on life in a flat in California. Or remain in London. Or show up in Lagos.

And giving up himself to save a friend's life is consistent with his character going by previous episodes.

Jack would have sacrificed himself for his ungrateful nation, sure, but for an individual without any romantic attachment, not a chance, not without a contingency plan lurking in the shadows somewhere. Giving himself up the Russians is not consistent with his character throughout the series, especially after sacrificing so much and losing his ex-FBI girlfriend (Russians were directly responsible) and Audrey (Russians were indirectly responsible) to the same Russians along the way.

Jack I remembered would rather sooner die than give himself up willingly to the Russians, even for chloe. He would have found another way. He's pretty good at using people, and would have gotten Kate easily enough to help him get Chloe back. All he had to do was to play on Kate's grief at losing Audrey on her watch, and Kate would have become his to use as he like.

If the showrunners had extended the length of the season finale like they were supposed to (all the other series I have seen had extended final season finales) , fitting all this scenerios in and simultaneously getting a happy ending for Jack in the mix wouldn't have being a problem.

(Jack of season 8, I can relate to and understand: Unleashed and boiling with hatred and retribution).

1 Like

Re: 24, Season 9: Jack Is Back! by Kezifils(m): 12:06pm On Jul 16, 2014
This is 24 guys, not a fairytale movie. You dont expect a happy ending. Besides he was already prepared to hand himself over to the Russians frm the start.

Seriously, A CIA agent/Assasin/No emotional connection agent crying at the death of Audrey, am I the only one that tinks its a little weird?
Re: 24, Season 9: Jack Is Back! by RayMcBlue(m): 12:45pm On Jul 16, 2014
Kezifils: This is 24 guys, not a fairytale movie. You dont expect a happy ending. Besides he was already prepared to hand himself over to the Russians frm the start.

Seriously, A CIA agent/Assasin/No emotional connection agent crying at the death of Audrey, am I the only one that tinks its a little weird?

After a roller coaster ride of 13 solid years of highs and lows, asking and hoping for an happy ending for the iconic and long suffering protagonist Jack Bauer is not much to ask for, is it? Else, the last 13 years would become obsolete. Take a quick trip to the internet, a lot of fans are raging and venting for the disappointing finale, and if you weren't, then you were and never was fully invested.

Prepared to hand himself to the Russians right from the start?? I don't know where you got that idea from, but from what I garnered from the course of Season 9, Jack detest the Russians and would never turn himself willingly over to their government unless President Heller deemed it to be so. He's royal to the old man and to his daughter and only came out of hiding to help him in a foreign nation.

Jack is an agent that knows how to compartmentalize his emotion and while this most often than not makes him come off him as ruthless and emotionless person, he's very much the humanitarian. Besides, he still harbours strong feeling for Audrey, the kind of love they shared was the kind that burns for long. And remember how he went off the rails in Season 8 when the Russians killed his girlfriend? No siree, Jack can feel just fine, thank you very much.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Official Fans Thread For The Legacies / How Saheed Balogun Battered Me - Funke Adesiyan (ex Lover) / The Gods Must Be Crazy Part I&II

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.