Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,725 members, 7,805,969 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:31 AM

Sahara Power Test Of 31st May,2014. - Jobs/Vacancies (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Sahara Power Test Of 31st May,2014. (32926 Views)

Sahara Power / Stanbic Ibtc Pension Test May 2014 By Kimberly Ryan / How Was D Sahara Power Interview Last Week Friday? (16/09/11) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sahara Power Test Of 31st May,2014. by MrZin: 6:12pm On Jul 21, 2014
klifeomg: #Teamoutsidelagos,
So is it confirmed that we will not be accomodated?,it means we might have to provide accomodation for ourselves.I heard from a NAPTIN student that NAPTIN provides cheap accomodation @ 3,500 per night.And also another NAPTIN student on this thread talked about our training schedule for the period of the Programme.Ideas please from the house as Aug. 1st is not far again.

How is 3500 per night cheap, considering how long we wld be staying der?

4 Likes

Re: Sahara Power Test Of 31st May,2014. by waleomoniyi(m): 8:35pm On Jul 21, 2014
MrZin:

Don't mind me joor. Had to pull ur legs small, leave dat1. Dis accommodation ish is more important now, d last time I was in lag, I had to use restaurant #tins. E no funny o, I won't like to repeat dat experience. Apologies man, ol join..

Respect mahn! I salute u
Re: Sahara Power Test Of 31st May,2014. by benaikodon: 9:22pm On Jul 21, 2014
klifeomg: #Teamoutsidelagos,
So is it confirmed that we will not be accomodated?,it means we might have to provide accomodation for ourselves.I heard from a NAPTIN student that NAPTIN provides cheap accomodation @ 3,500 per night.And also another NAPTIN student on this thread talked about our training schedule for the period of the Programme.Ideas please from the house as Aug. 1st is not far again.

Please Guys...let this issue of accommodation trend. Even though I reside in Lagos, my calculation shows that I will still be spending a fortune to transport to Surulere daily from my crib.

I saw a hostel among the facilities at the NAPTIN Akangba training centre (Surulere) on their website.
http://www.naptin.org.ng/index.php/training-centres/rtc-akangba/
I suggest we email them and request for information concerning the cost. #3500 per night cannot be affordable, not even by Chevron or Shell graduate trainees.
Re: Sahara Power Test Of 31st May,2014. by klifeomg(m): 11:03pm On Jul 21, 2014
benaikodon:

Please Guys...let this issue of accommodation trend. Even though I reside in Lagos, my calculation shows that I will still be spending a fortune to transport to Surulere daily from my crib.

I saw a hostel among the facilities at the NAPTIN Akangba training centre (Surulere) on their website. I suggest we email them and request for information concerning the cost. #3500 per night cannot be affordable, not even by Chevron or Shell graduate trainees.

Its not cheap I agree but from what my friend on NAPTIN training said,he said we wouldn't be spending more than 2/3 weeks for orientation there in Surulere and then back to the field in Egbin or so and also hinted that we would be fed during the training as part of the package....
I think they will take care of that though or else this will distabilize the training as a whole.

1 Like

Re: Sahara Power Test Of 31st May,2014. by benaikodon: 11:12pm On Jul 21, 2014
klifeomg:

Its not cheap I agree but from what my friend on NAPTIN training said,he said we wouldn't be spending more than 2/3 weeks for orientation there in Surulere and then back to the field in Egbin or so and also hinted that we would be fed during the training as part of the package....
I think they will take care of that though or else this will distabilize the training as a whole.

As in eeeeh....it will seriously destabilize the whole thing like you said. Egbin and Surulere are in two different ends of Lagos, I really wonder how we are gonna be expected to get accommodation at Surulere, and then also get accommodation at Egbin two weeks later. Or go from Surulere to Egbin.

There's got to be an accommodation plan somehow. I really hope there is.
Re: Sahara Power Test Of 31st May,2014. by Nobody: 11:20pm On Jul 21, 2014
benaikodon:

As in eeeeh....it will seriously destabilize the whole thing like you said. Egbin and Surulere are in two different ends of Lagos, I really wonder how we are gonna be expected to get accommodation at Surulere, and then also get accommodation at Egbin two weeks later. Or go from Surulere to Egbin.

There's got to be an accommodation plan somehow. I really hope there is.
its not even possible to leave from home to egbin for field work.its just too far.
Re: Sahara Power Test Of 31st May,2014. by benaikodon: 12:45am On Jul 22, 2014

Re: Sahara Power Test Of 31st May,2014. by benaikodon: 12:54am On Jul 22, 2014
Couldn't help peeping...

Re: Sahara Power Test Of 31st May,2014. by waleomoniyi(m): 6:50am On Jul 22, 2014
accommodation is an important issue. we don't even know if we 'll have the privilege of staff bus cos someone like me who lives in ogun-Lagos grin will have to spend a lot on transportation for the duration of the training. but providing us with accommodation instead of staff bus will be better sha
Re: Sahara Power Test Of 31st May,2014. by benaikodon: 11:34am On Jul 22, 2014
waleomoniyi: accommodation is an important issue. we don't even know if we 'll have the privilege of staff bus cos someone like me who lives in ogun-Lagos grin will have to spend a lot on transportation for the duration of the training. but providing us with accommodation instead of staff bus will be better sha

Staff bus will practically solve our problems. Especially those of us from the Abule-Egba, Iyana-Ipaja, Agege, and Ikeja axes. It would really help.

1 Like

Re: Sahara Power Test Of 31st May,2014. by soldierAnt(m): 1:44pm On Jul 24, 2014
Please what is the address of the IKEDC office where we are supposed to collect our offer letters?
Re: Sahara Power Test Of 31st May,2014. by alizenbohr: 2:48pm On Jul 24, 2014
soldierAnt: Please what is the address of the IKEDC office where we are supposed to collect our offer letters?

IKEDC, HEAD QUATERS @ AWOLOWO WAY, OPPOSITE MITV ALAUSA, AFTER SECRETARIAT, IKEJA .
Re: Sahara Power Test Of 31st May,2014. by waleomoniyi(m): 4:44pm On Jul 24, 2014
soldierAnt: Please what is the address of the IKEDC office where we are supposed to collect our offer letters?

the HQ
Re: Sahara Power Test Of 31st May,2014. by klifeomg(m): 11:45am On Jul 25, 2014
Hello house,,was there any where in our engagement letters we were told about the venue of resumption or we are just workin based on what people that know the venue are saying.Am not doubting anything but i just think would have been proper for Sahara to have sent the address of where we are to resume on Friday Aug. 1st.Its just a week from now.

Also,has anyone gotten the hard copy of the letters to the postal address we were told to send them to?
Re: Sahara Power Test Of 31st May,2014. by klifeomg(m): 4:02pm On Jul 26, 2014
At last the mail I expected from Sahara has come.I thought of how sensible it will be travelling a long distance to an address that was speculated on this forum.

Please house check your mail boxes,lets discuss the requirements as stated in the mail...

1 Like

Re: Sahara Power Test Of 31st May,2014. by MrZin: 4:46pm On Jul 26, 2014
klifeomg: At last the mail I expected from Sahara has come.I thought of how sensible it will be travelling a long distance to an address that was speculated on this forum.

Please house check your mail boxes,lets discuss the requirements as stated in the mail...

Yet to get mail, what requirements?
Re: Sahara Power Test Of 31st May,2014. by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jul 26, 2014
I got a mail,any clarity on d resumption date,aug 3 on a sunday
Re: Sahara Power Test Of 31st May,2014. by klifeomg(m): 6:12pm On Jul 26, 2014
I haven't been able to download the 4 attachments to the mail due to poor network but I think it includes some forms that we Are suppose to fill and be brought on Sunday 3rd August..10 docs in total
Re: Sahara Power Test Of 31st May,2014. by soldierAnt(m): 7:29am On Jul 27, 2014
All I got was admission letters from NAPTIN stating August 4th. As it stands, when are we reporting, 1st or 4th?
Re: Sahara Power Test Of 31st May,2014. by klifeomg(m): 2:41pm On Jul 27, 2014
soldierAnt: All I got was admission letters from NAPTIN stating August 4th. As it stands, when are we reporting, 1st or 4th?

Those who applied for Egbin Power Plant are different from IKEDC schedule.Our mails were boldly stated there on the 3rd August(next Sunday).
Re: Sahara Power Test Of 31st May,2014. by CJAY07(m): 6:42am On Jul 28, 2014
klifeomg:

Those who applied for Egbin Power Plant are different from IKEDC schedule.Our mails were boldly stated there on the 3rd August(next Sunday).
The offer letter from sahara says we are meant to start on 1st,and anoda mail sent to EVERYONE to come for onboarding exercise on the 3rd,While the NAPTIN email stated 4th for commencement.I tink its in progression if U̶̲̥̅̊ ask me.Sahara's top officials might want to have a moment or two with us,before Naptin in full.. #just saying tho# so take all those dates seriously..bigups guys!
Re: Sahara Power Test Of 31st May,2014. by isaiahiroko: 12:07pm On Jul 28, 2014
Are we to ignore the August 1st meeting, as indicted in the first letter?
Re: Sahara Power Test Of 31st May,2014. by GenerousLord: 4:48pm On Jul 28, 2014
soldierAnt: All I got was admission letters from NAPTIN stating August 4th. As it stands, when are we reporting, 1st or 4th?
I just sent you a pm. Please, kindly reply.
Re: Sahara Power Test Of 31st May,2014. by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jul 28, 2014
isaiahiroko: Are we to ignore the August 1st meeting, as indicted in the first letter?
i will say YES.
The only mail i got with detailed info on where and when to resume stated sunday 3rd aug.
The same mail stated the specific purpose of the meeting and was concluded with "see you there!"

1 Like

Re: Sahara Power Test Of 31st May,2014. by faith2ogesco(m): 10:53am On Jul 29, 2014
blackknyte: Please Benik answer these:
did u sign a bond commitment?
what was ur designation with said coy?
What are of said group did u work with?

I see the rest of u have accepted to will 4yrs of your lives to Sahara......... Right choice. Congrats
didn't u?
Re: Sahara Power Test Of 31st May,2014. by faith2ogesco(m): 12:53pm On Jul 29, 2014
truly one mans Gud is anodas poison. if I had gotten dis offer. mehn e for poison way to get antidote go hard o.God really knows best
3.75yrs. I comment my reserve.lol.
Re: Sahara Power Test Of 31st May,2014. by kakashi12(m): 8:22pm On Jul 29, 2014
faith2ogesco: truly one mans Gud is anodas poison. if I had gotten dis offer. mehn e for poison way to get antidote go hard o.God really knows best
3.75yrs. I comment my reserve.lol.
if the training and salary is good its worth it..but most bonds can be broken
Re: Sahara Power Test Of 31st May,2014. by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jul 29, 2014
Pls who has received a mail from naptin,i haven't

1 Like

Re: Sahara Power Test Of 31st May,2014. by Lentulus(m): 9:23pm On Jul 29, 2014
Got NAPTIN's letter. Its clear now. Commencement is 3rd Aug. Hmm... just wondering.... by what degree do you guys think the salary(stipend) will increase after the training...... will it be x2 ? grin shocked..... or? What do you guys think??
Re: Sahara Power Test Of 31st May,2014. by nanizle(m): 12:17am On Jul 30, 2014
Unstoppable100: Pls who has received a mail from naptin,i haven't

have u gotten a text msg from them?
Re: Sahara Power Test Of 31st May,2014. by Nobody: 7:04am On Jul 30, 2014
nanizle:

have u gotten a text msg from them?
yes
Re: Sahara Power Test Of 31st May,2014. by nanizle(m): 11:47am On Jul 30, 2014
Unstoppable100:
yes

seems we're in the same situation.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

NIMC Appointment Letters Finally Out! / Invitation For Guaranty Trust Bank Aptitude Test! / Senate To Investigate NPA Job Slots 'Sold For N3 Million Each'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.