Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,724 members, 7,802,184 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:37 AM

The Best Bank In Nigeria For International Students? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Best Bank In Nigeria For International Students? (3327 Views)

Most Livable Cities In Nigeria For Expatriates / Schooling In Cyprus For International Students / 9 Survivial Tips For International Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Best Bank In Nigeria For International Students? by Artorius(m): 1:38pm On Jun 27, 2014
Hi guys, thankfully nairaland is back grin I'll be making a move to Europe very soon, and I'll love to open a savings account here in Nigeria so I can use my debit card to make withdrawals in Europe from ATMs. Which bank is most preferable, in terms of service charges and other factors. Experienced guys should kindly help out, thanks.
Re: The Best Bank In Nigeria For International Students? by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jun 27, 2014
Artorius: Hi guys, thankfully nairaland is back grin I'll be making a move to Europe very soon, and I'll love to open a savings account here in Nigeria so I'll use my ATM card to make withdrawals in Europe. Which bank is most preferable, in terms of service charges and other factors. Experienced guys should kindly help out, thanks.
Ps: I've checked with GTbank and Union Bank. Just need more advice on the matter
Work on your English as international student first before living Nigeria
Re: The Best Bank In Nigeria For International Students? by Artorius(m): 2:12pm On Jun 27, 2014
fados4sure:
Re: The Best Bank In Nigeria For International Students? by Artorius(m): 2:12pm On Jun 27, 2014
fados4sure:
What did you read? And I asked a question, so I expected a relevant answer. "Living Nigeria" ? grin my brother let me worry about my English proficiency. Do you have an answer to my question?

16 Likes

Re: The Best Bank In Nigeria For International Students? by Nobody: 2:16pm On Jun 27, 2014
Artorius:
What did you read? And I asked a question, so I expected a relevant answer. "Living Nigeria" ? grin my brother let me worry about my English proficiency. Do you have an answer to my question?
What is communication when am unable to understand your questions?
Re: The Best Bank In Nigeria For International Students? by Artorius(m): 2:28pm On Jun 27, 2014
fados4sure:
What is communication when am unable to understand your questions?
Perhaps I should rephrase the question? What bank do you advise I open a savings account with? I want to be able to make withdrawals from that account while I'm in Europe
Re: The Best Bank In Nigeria For International Students? by Nobody: 2:44pm On Jun 27, 2014
Artorius:
Perhaps I should rephrase the question? What bank do you advise I open a savings account with? I want to be able to make withdrawals from that account while I'm in Europe
Banks in Nigeria charges a flat fee for ATM withdrawal aside Nigerian ATM & the fees the last time I use my GT naira master card in HSBC ATM was #600 per transaction knowing fully well that you can only withdrawn equivalent of #150,000 per day. I hope you got the point?

Note that when using your Nigerian master or visa card aside Nigerian, it is advisable you sign at the back of your card just incase your card is retained by the machine so that you can collect your card back otherwise, the bank won't give you the card.
Lastly, which country are you going?
Re: The Best Bank In Nigeria For International Students? by Artorius(m): 2:57pm On Jun 27, 2014
fados4sure:
Banks in Nigeria charges a flat fee for ATM withdrawal aside Nigerian ATM & the fees the last time I use my GT naira master card in HSBC ATM was #600 per transaction knowing fully well that you can only withdrawn equivalent of #150,000 per day. I hope you got the point?

Note that when using your Nigerian master or visa card aside Nigerian, it is advisable you sign at the back of your card just incase your card is retained by the machine so that you can collect your card back otherwise, the bank won't give you the card.
Lastly, which country are you going?
Thanks man, now you're talking. I'm going to a Baltic, country. Lithuania. So when filling the form, I should apply for either a visa card or a master card right? I modified the first post, I hope other readers will understand my question, more clearly than the first post
Re: The Best Bank In Nigeria For International Students? by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jun 27, 2014
Artorius:
Thanks man, now you're talking. I'm going to a Baltic, country. Lithuania. So when filling the form, I should apply for either a visa card or a master card right? I modified the first post, I hope other readers will understand my question, more clearly than the first post
Yes... "Visa or Master card" don't apply for verve or interswitch.. I wish you good luck
Re: The Best Bank In Nigeria For International Students? by Artorius(m): 1:08pm On Jun 28, 2014
fados4sure:
Yes... "Visa or Master card" don't apply for verve or interswitch.. I wish you good luck
Thanks mate
Re: The Best Bank In Nigeria For International Students? by amdekola: 10:28pm On Jul 19, 2014
fados4sure:

Na wa oh...wetin do the guy english now

Take several seats bro

2 Likes

Re: The Best Bank In Nigeria For International Students? by Nobody: 10:02am On Jul 20, 2014
Artorius:

Bro, are you already in Lithuania?
Re: The Best Bank In Nigeria For International Students? by Artorius(m): 8:01pm On Jul 20, 2014
Danishdavy:

Bro, are you already in Lithuania?
I'll be traveling mid August. Any problem?
Re: The Best Bank In Nigeria For International Students? by Nobody: 8:33pm On Jul 20, 2014
Artorius:
I'll be traveling mid August. Any problem?

No, I just need help and info on getting a student visa here in nigeria..
Re: The Best Bank In Nigeria For International Students? by Artorius(m): 8:43pm On Jul 20, 2014
Danishdavy:

No, I just need help and info on getting a student visa here in nigeria..
You can't get a student visa to Lithuania from Nigeria. Yea, you'll have to go to a country where there is a Lithuanian embassy there. When and where in Lithuania is your school?
Re: The Best Bank In Nigeria For International Students? by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jul 20, 2014
Artorius:
You can't get a student visa to Lithuania from Nigeria. Yea, you'll have to go to a country where there is a Lithuanian embassy there. When and where in Lithuania is your school?

KTU..want to enter this winter semester
Re: The Best Bank In Nigeria For International Students? by Artorius(m): 4:47am On Jul 21, 2014
Danishdavy:

KTU..want to enter this winter semester
That's in Kaunas right?
Re: The Best Bank In Nigeria For International Students? by Nobody: 7:43am On Jul 21, 2014
Artorius:
That's in Kaunas right?

Yeah, please can I have any of your contacts
Re: The Best Bank In Nigeria For International Students? by Artorius(m): 8:30am On Jul 21, 2014
Danishdavy:

Yeah, please can I have any of your contacts
Jesus Christ this mods are crazy, I asked you to message me twice and they removed it twice. Na them sabi. I'll message you
Re: The Best Bank In Nigeria For International Students? by justwise(m): 2:42pm On Jul 21, 2014
Artorius:
Jesus Christ this mods are crazy, I asked you to message me twice and they removed it twice. Na them sabi. I'll message you

There is no point starting a thread when you want the chat to take place offline. If you are not ready to share ideas openly here then this thread is pointless.

1 Like

Re: The Best Bank In Nigeria For International Students? by Artorius(m): 7:15am On Jul 22, 2014
justwise:

There is no point starting a thread when you want the chat to take place offline. If you are not ready to share ideas openly here then this thread is pointless.
Oh, sorry. Didn't know
Re: The Best Bank In Nigeria For International Students? by Chikas1013: 12:39pm On Jun 18, 2016
@Fados what about his English ?

(1) (Reply)

FOR NIGERIANS: Is These Why Want To Travel Abroad? / Vicjustice I Believe U Might Have An Idea Of Vevosi In Greece / Pregnant Traveller To Usa, Ir2 Visa Status, 7 Months Pregnant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.