Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,884 members, 7,802,854 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:28 PM

Tecno Phantom Z–Full Specification & Price(Tecno Best so far) - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno Phantom Z–Full Specification & Price(Tecno Best so far) (180016 Views)

GIONEE M3mini(4000mah Battery) Full Specification And Price / Sony Unveils Xperia M4 Aqua See Full Specification & Price / Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tecno Phantom Z–Full Specification & Price(Tecno Best so far) by Homguy(m): 1:14pm On Jul 06, 2014
Titiluvly: #Team Anti-Tecno grin
congrats! Cause am sure the current fone you are using wasn't bought with your sweat. If it was you'ld appreciate what other people can afford.
Re: Tecno Phantom Z–Full Specification & Price(Tecno Best so far) by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jul 06, 2014
Homguy: congrats! Cause am sure the current fone you are using wasn't bought with your sweat. If it was you'ld appreciate what other people can afford.
Don't take it that way Bro..I said that for the fun of it..notin serious..just so you know..most of the fones av used were bought with my sweat..thanks..

3 Likes

Re: Tecno Phantom Z–Full Specification & Price(Tecno Best so far) by lordmayor4(m): 1:25pm On Jul 06, 2014
mummyson26:

Bros wea u dey stay? I got new q5 if u don't mind

In lagos and you?
Re: Tecno Phantom Z–Full Specification & Price(Tecno Best so far) by chemmerfrank(m): 1:44pm On Jul 06, 2014
when my samsung galaxy s3's 8mp wuf b beta dan techno's 30mp..ill pass...its cheap nd can only do cheap tins... not a bad phone..buh nt ma thing
Re: Tecno Phantom Z–Full Specification & Price(Tecno Best so far) by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jul 06, 2014
I am not surprised with the way people bad mouth TECNO products. I use a Phamton A1 so i know all the problems someone can possibly encounter with a TECNO. I have two lady friends who were always complaining about their Samsung galaxy duos phones. The truth is TECNO is not inferior to SAMSUNG.

The problem is that most people do not know how to maintain their smartphones

Phones are not too different from laptops, but they are far more versatile than laptops. At least a businessman like me doesn't need to connect a printer or scanner and USB dongle to my laptop before I do business. Plus putting on my generator to power all these gadgets. But people still tend to use the smartphones of today the way they use Nokia 3310 of yesteryears. That's where the problem lies.

At least I had the opportunity of fixing the Samsung phone of one of these ladies. She says she cannot make calls but can receive, the phone is hanging, this one that one.

I picked the phone and discovered she has no Anti-virus. Phew, I put on my flash share and gave her !Avast!. I discovered she has not updated any app on the phone in the past 6 months because of lack of data. Phew, I put on my Hot Spot and Bluetooth and gave her data and cleaned the evil the phone has accumulated for months. I located her overstretched memory spaces and cleaned them by relocating files..

Its one month now, SAMSUNG is working.

Other issues can still show up on my TECNO once in a while, at least the phone has never been to a service centre in one year. And I handle it as it comes.

Therefore I give this TECNO phantom Z a big pass mark.

Oya, name the price.

9 Likes

Re: Tecno Phantom Z–Full Specification & Price(Tecno Best so far) by PMPhoenix(m): 2:02pm On Jul 06, 2014
@ tecno, how can the resolution of a 6 inch device be 720 by 1280 @ 220 ppi? thats very very..(200 verys later) very weak, not suprised anyway, thats not new with you, also sup with this octa core, octa core, octa core babble like its such a big deal, specify it's clocking in ghz, again, your display is weak, the other specs are ok

1 Like

Re: Tecno Phantom Z–Full Specification & Price(Tecno Best so far) by texazzpete(m): 2:08pm On Jul 06, 2014
okpara ugo: I am not surprised with the way people bad mouth TECNO products. I use a Phamton A1 so i know all the problems someone can possibly encounter with a TECNO. I have two lady friends who were always complaining about their Samsung galaxy duos phones. The truth is TECNO is not inferior to SAMSUNG.

The problem is that most people do not know how to maintain their smartphones

Phones are not too different from laptops, but they are far more versatile than laptops. At least a businessman like me doesn't need to connect a printer or scanner and USB dongle to my laptop before I do business. Plus putting on my generator to power all these gadgets. But people still tend to use the smartphones of today the way they use Nokia 3310 of yesteryears. That's where the problem lies.

At least I had the opportunity of fixing the Samsung phone of one of these ladies. She says she cannot make calls but can receive, the phone is hanging, this one that one.

I picked the phone and discovered she has no Anti-virus. Phew, I put on my flash share and gave her !Avast!. I discovered she has not updated any app on the phone in the past 6 months because of lack of data. Phew, I put on my Hot Spot and Bluetooth and gave her data and cleaned the evil the phone has accumulated for months. I located her overstretched memory spaces and cleaned them by relocating files..

Its one month now, SAMSUNG is working.

Other issues can still show up on my TECNO once in a while, at least the phone has never been to a service centre in one year. And I handle it as it comes.

Therefore I give this TECNO phantom Z a big pass mark.

Oya, name the price.

Ignorance is a disease.

You just slower her phone down by installing an anti-virus on it. You really don't need an Antivirus app unless you're boneheaded or a reckless pirate with a penchant for seedy websites and pirate app stores.

Not updating any app isn't any reason for her phone to slow down. Probably the only positive thing you did for her was to free up some memory.

Grand duos is a low end phone anyway, even weaker specs Than the Phantom A1.

Anyone who Thinks this phantom Z isn't inferior to the galaxy S4 from 2013 is delusional.

2 Likes

Re: Tecno Phantom Z–Full Specification & Price(Tecno Best so far) by legacyint: 2:09pm On Jul 06, 2014
Marvell23: infrared in this age? Ignorant you
my friend shut ur lousy mouth,if u dont knw the use of infared in todays phone,then u better go boil acid drink.

1 Like

Re: Tecno Phantom Z–Full Specification & Price(Tecno Best so far) by legacyint: 2:14pm On Jul 06, 2014
Marvell23: You really don't know what you are saying guy. IR blaster is not the same as Infrared. The later enables your phone to be used as remote control. And not all high end phones have. Get your facts right
why are u contradicting urself,4 ur information the IR Blaster u mentioned,makes use of infared rays so who's the learner here.i wouldnt spend my money on a phone without an IR Blaster.

1 Like

Re: Tecno Phantom Z–Full Specification & Price(Tecno Best so far) by Nobody: 2:31pm On Jul 06, 2014
Mcbussy: please,can sum1 tell me the significance of having a phone that would control ur TV?....is it dat remote controllers are about to get scarce or what?

I understand its an extra feature that a device can have,what I don't understand is why such unimportant feature has to be a criteria for rating phones...smh
Tech has left a lot of people behind.lol

Some IR feature lets your phone work as an air mouse remote. Air mouse remotes are costly.

You would enjoy your phone being used as an air mouse remote when you have a smart TV or Android TV box.
Re: Tecno Phantom Z–Full Specification & Price(Tecno Best so far) by henryobinna(m): 2:35pm On Jul 06, 2014
sniperwolf:

I doubt if TECNO can make a phone with 4.4 KitKat when none of their phones have 4.3
tecno said it themselves,
Re: Tecno Phantom Z–Full Specification & Price(Tecno Best so far) by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jul 06, 2014
texazzpete:

Ignorance is a disease.

You just slower her phone down by installing an anti-virus on it. You really don't need an Antivirus app unless you're boneheaded or a reckless pirate with a penchant for seedy websites and pirate app stores.

Not updating any app isn't any reason for her phone to slow down. Probably the only positive thing you did for her was to free up some memory.

Grand duos is a low end phone anyway, even weaker specs Than the Phantom A1.

Anyone who Thinks this phantom Z isn't inferior to the galaxy S4 from 2013 is delusional.

Stu.pid.ity is your second name.

You don't have to quote me to drive your point..

I dont know people like you still exist...

1 Like

Re: Tecno Phantom Z–Full Specification & Price(Tecno Best so far) by ITbomb(m): 2:55pm On Jul 06, 2014
okpara ugo: I

I picked the phone and discovered she has no Anti-virus.

I don't think Android really need an anti virus.
Any virus you pick up that makes your app not to work is actually a Windows OS malware that probably hid some android system files that app needed to work. And most likely picked up when you connected your Android to your Laptop. Unfortunately there is nothing an android anti virus can do about the hidden files.

If you have a virus free laptop, then you need not fear any attack on your Android.

What you did there was to free the memory and that cures 80% of Android's problems
Re: Tecno Phantom Z–Full Specification & Price(Tecno Best so far) by manutdadex(m): 2:55pm On Jul 06, 2014
Kamaye: Galaxy S5, Note 3, LG G3, HTC one M8, all these phones and many comes comes with 32GB ROM and 3GB RAM with support for 128GB SD card. Note 4 is expected to come 64GB ROM.
Nigerians!! Y buy a phone wit 64gb? Na phone no be system and nt a long term storage option..if u like buy 500gb join! I wil stick to techno at least d fone wil do d same ur note 3 and co will do!

1 Like

Re: Tecno Phantom Z–Full Specification & Price(Tecno Best so far) by manutdadex(m): 3:01pm On Jul 06, 2014
P.M Phoenix:
@ tecno, how can the resolution of a 6 inch device be 720 by 1280 @ 220 ppi? thats very very..(200 verys later) very weak, not suprised anyway, thats not new with you, also sup with this octa core, octa core, octa core babble like its such a big deal, specify it's clocking in ghz, again, your display is weak, the other specs are ok
as far as ur Hd no fit show angel wen him enta church or evil spirt, den ur hd is useless..our eyes diff..dem go jst dey decieve una wit mumu tinz
Re: Tecno Phantom Z–Full Specification & Price(Tecno Best so far) by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jul 06, 2014
fr3do:

You no know
you no wan know
if there is a change

hope this una disgust for tecno particularly and not chinese products entirely, because those who first started this negative propanganda about the chinese are those whose monopolies and exploitative schemes have been soiled by the chinese.

Mind you, things are not in black and white, a lot of substandard goods come out of china, but they wont be sold at exorbitant prices.
Op u knw dat apple's has a production plant in china for its iphones. So u can't completely condemn products coming from china
Re: Tecno Phantom Z–Full Specification & Price(Tecno Best so far) by loomer: 3:25pm On Jul 06, 2014
even if na #2000, I no fit waste my money on 2 sim Chinese fone
Re: Tecno Phantom Z–Full Specification & Price(Tecno Best so far) by soludo93(m): 3:25pm On Jul 06, 2014
Does it download food? If not, I'm not impressed. grin
Re: Tecno Phantom Z–Full Specification & Price(Tecno Best so far) by ERTHAENIGMA(m): 3:27pm On Jul 06, 2014
Hotdiamond:
op check well.

the specs are as follows
it was reportedly released in Kenya

5.2 inches FULL HD AMOLED display
3030 maH battery
16mp rear camera with flash
8mp front camera with FLASH
Android 4.4 kitkat
full HD AMOLED DISPLAY? And still 220ppi? Lol. Keep on deceiving yourself
Re: Tecno Phantom Z–Full Specification & Price(Tecno Best so far) by Flawlessangel(m): 3:51pm On Jul 06, 2014
lacicrips: Shitty product.

I don't know if these guys are using jazz on people who buy their crappy phones.
can u plz xplain 2 us how dis product is shitty 4 dat price?
Re: Tecno Phantom Z–Full Specification & Price(Tecno Best so far) by guiddoti: 3:53pm On Jul 06, 2014
pacific4me:

Noting is as bad as lying wit spec,these guys r never never truthful wen it coms to spec.i was once deceived bt not again.Go to dia customer care centre at opebi den u l c queue of customers complaints.well truth must b said dey opened so many ppu's eye to android e.g me.But y sell products full of lies e.g if tecno says 4000mah ba3 just b sure it l b around 3200mah.
You dönt mean it. Where 800mah cön go?
Re: Tecno Phantom Z–Full Specification & Price(Tecno Best so far) by nani667: 4:32pm On Jul 06, 2014
Tayodapo: I have 2 TECNO PHANTOM A3 with broken screen.

The screens break like an egg....THe irony is that the CARLCARE keeps telling me that they still do not have a screen.

To me...TECNO has dissappointed me

It's normal with Tecno phones... Their screen really be like egg.... See complaints for their new device on Facebook

Re: Tecno Phantom Z–Full Specification & Price(Tecno Best so far) by nani667: 4:40pm On Jul 06, 2014
manutdadex: Nigerians!! Y buy a phone wit 64gb? Na phone no be system and nt a long term storage option..if u like buy 500gb join! I wil stick to techno at least d fone wil do d same ur note 3 and co will do!

Oga you really should stop displaying your ignorance online... You should just say that you dunno what a Note 3 can do instead of Comparing Tecno to Note 3...that's a punishable offense sir...

1 Like

Re: Tecno Phantom Z–Full Specification & Price(Tecno Best so far) by henry007(m): 4:59pm On Jul 06, 2014
nani.666:

It's normal with Tecno phones... Their screen really be like egg.... See complaints for their new device on Facebook
my Tecno phantom screen must be an exception, hasn't even cracked after falling terribly. screen durability might be the only thing Tecno got right bcoz battery life and usability is below average. shutting down apps every now and then plus hangs alot. the most annoying thing about Tecno is the resale value. pathetic

1 Like

Re: Tecno Phantom Z–Full Specification & Price(Tecno Best so far) by Kamaye(m): 5:34pm On Jul 06, 2014
Mafia4life: Don't you know that even if almighty Samsung decide to use MT6892 to produce greater devices, they will not be able to include 4G to that device having the chipset? Who is to blame? Tecno or Mediaket.
Tecno should be blamed here not mediatek, there are new MTK chipsets like MT6290 and MT6595 that supports 4G LTE. some chinease phones are already using the chipset e.g THL T300.
Re: Tecno Phantom Z–Full Specification & Price(Tecno Best so far) by onyeuka: 5:56pm On Jul 06, 2014
NEROSKY:
2G Network GSM
3G Network HSPDA
4G Network No
SIM Dual mini SIM
Status Unannounced
Body

Dimensions -
Keyboard Touchscreen
Colors White, Black
Cover Plastic
Display

Type IPS capacitive touchscreen with 16,000,000 colors
Size 6.0 inches, 720 x 1280 pixels, 220 pixels per inch (PPI)
Memory And OS

Card slot MicroSD, up to 64GB
Internal 16GB
OS Android 4.4.2 KitKat
Processors Octa-core CPU, MediaTek Chipset
RAM 2GB
Audio

Alert types Vibration, MP3 ringtones
Loudspeaker Yes
Audio port 3.5mm jack
Connectivity

2G GPRS – up to 85.6 kbps; EDGE – up to 236.8 kbps
3G Up to 22.2 mbs downlink; Up to 5.76 mbs uplink
4G No
WIFI Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, WIFI hotspot, Wi-Fi direct
Bluetooth Yes
GPS A-GPS
NFC No
USB MicroUSB v2.0
Camera

Primary 16MP, up to 4608×34456-pixel pictures camera with LED flash
Video Yes
Secondary 8MP, up to 2448×3264-pixel pictures
Battery

Capacity 4000mAh Li-Ion battery
Stand-by N/a
Talk time N/a
Music play N/a
Other Features

Sensors Accelerometer, Proximity
Messaging SMS, MMS, Email, Push Mail, IM
Browser HTML5
Java No
- SNS integration
- MP4/MPEG4/H.263/H.264 player
- MP3/WAV/eAAC+/AC3/FLAC player
- Document viewer
- FM radio
- Image viewer and editor
- Voice memo/dial/command
- Predictive text input
Price

Price level -
[size=13pt]For Price & Images See Here->>>[/size] http://naijaphones.com/tecno-phantom-z-full-specifications-price-nigeria/
U can lie oooh
Re: Tecno Phantom Z–Full Specification & Price(Tecno Best so far) by thugnigga: 6:10pm On Jul 06, 2014
A full hd phone wit 5.2 inch screen will have 423.64 pixels per inch so dats d xpected pixel count of phantom z.but its not only pixel count that matters.screen technology also matters. Ips lcd is more advanced than amoled tech which is relatively new. Amoled screens do not have very accurate colours, for example b4 selling ma samsung gallaxys4 , i put side by side with a phantom a3 on equal brightness level i noticed d whites on gs4 had a yellowish tinge while the white on the ips panel looked way better.i sought the opinion of my colleages who noticed ths same thing. So guys if u are tech savvy enough you should rely on hands on experience rather than reading the specs sheet of a device .
Re: Tecno Phantom Z–Full Specification & Price(Tecno Best so far) by biz2get(m): 6:11pm On Jul 06, 2014
legalwealth:

Phantom Z?Thank God that is the end of phantomish.

Next one please but I'm sorry I'm not gonna buy any of them.

No no no no NO!!! Have F1 A1 F7 A2 A3 A4-(cooming soon) now Z before yuu say JAC* Z10 will be out grin
Re: Tecno Phantom Z–Full Specification & Price(Tecno Best so far) by biz2get(m): 6:13pm On Jul 06, 2014
Tayodapo: I have 2 TECNO PHANTOM A3 with broken screen.

The screens break like an egg....THe irony is that the CARLCARE keeps telling me that they still do not have a screen.

To me...TECNO has dissappointed me

OMG!!! shocked

1 Like

Re: Tecno Phantom Z–Full Specification & Price(Tecno Best so far) by biz2get(m): 6:14pm On Jul 06, 2014
myspnigeria: tecno is totally taking over the 9ja mobile market

In your dreams cheesy
Re: Tecno Phantom Z–Full Specification & Price(Tecno Best so far) by legalwealth(m): 6:14pm On Jul 06, 2014
biz2get:

No no no no NO!!! Have F1 A1 F7 A2 A3 A4-(cooming soon) now Z before yuu say JAC* Z10 will be out grin

Lol!Are you their special adviser?
Re: Tecno Phantom Z–Full Specification & Price(Tecno Best so far) by texazzpete(m): 6:20pm On Jul 06, 2014
Mafia4life: Come on hommie... Relax and take note of what that dude said... I was like WTF? How can a self-impressed smart dude say such? What has Kitkat got to do with 4G? Point out a network using 4G in Nigeria ( don't mention Swift 4G LTE)... And which network is giving you the full potential of 3.75G.... You might even be the coward for failing to understand that the CPU chipset houses the network card. Don't you know that even if almighty Samsung decide to use MT6892 to produce greater devices, they will not be able to include 4G to that device having the chipset? Who is to blame? Tecno or Mediaket. He is not the coward anymore. If you still fail to understand, I might regard you to be a coward

He made a statement regarding the specs of the phone...why should it be his concern what chipset is in the device? How do you know he plans to use it for just one year? What if he plans to travel to a country where there's 4G? Why are you babbling about the MediaTek soc? How is that relevant to this discussion?

Understand my point. It's odd to complain about the lack of true 4G connectivity, but there's no reason for you to go hard on him because he spoke the truth in the past.

You keep misusing that word 'coward'. I'm not convinced you know what it means.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Do U Have An Etisalat Line? Get 100mb Now / Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices / Tecno M5 discussion thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.