Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,457 members, 7,808,634 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:31 PM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (50) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (910633 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (507) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by bode4real(m): 7:18am On Aug 23, 2017
@all gurus in d house,
pls i noticed dat my gear oil is now black, its a 2010 corolla, i planned to drain and replace with Toyota Ws. is it just drain stuff or something else to b done b4 d new gear oil will b added?

Gazzuzz pls help ur bro
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:46am On Aug 23, 2017
bode4real:
@all gurus in d house,
pls i noticed dat my gear oil is now black, its a 2010 corolla, i planned to drain and replace with Toyota Ws. is it just drain stuff or something else to b done b4 d new gear oil will b added?

Gazzuzz pls help ur bro

drain, replace screen filter, pray, Refill, repeat drain and refill in 2-3days again.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Beautiful4u(m): 8:08pm On Aug 31, 2017
Good evening sir, how do I know or test if vacuum switching Valve is working or faulty on my Camry 1998. Thanks.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by MASTERCC: 8:15pm On Sep 10, 2017
Davidkwame1234:

same with my deawoo matiz bought it some few months ago the alternator belt got turn and affected the valve and the alternator I got everything fixed but ever since then the fuel consumption of the car increased to much

Check your complete exhaust. There is something inside the exhaust attached in engine like biscuit. Once its damage the fuel will increase.ask panel bitter what I said.its costly though
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by hapi(m): 10:26pm On Sep 10, 2017
Good day sir,

My Honda accord 1996 model automatic transmission was service some months back due to some faults, now whenever I try to reverse the car makes a loud noise before entering reverse gear, and when climbing up gets very difficult.
Please what is your advise.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by toyomars(m): 7:00pm On Sep 13, 2017
please help me, I asked my mother to replace her Camry's coolant and service the injectors. she replaced her coolant with a total product.
this morning, she started the car but it died off in just seconds. she blames me for this issue because the car was fine until now. please I need your advice!
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by praiseandpeac: 1:49pm On Oct 05, 2017
OGA Gazzuzz, Pls help me out. My Mitsubishi Space Runner 1997 version is having cooling system issue. Since 5days back i have to be topping the water every morning which was not so before. Pls what could be responsible for this? Thanks in advance.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:55pm On Oct 05, 2017
praiseandpeac:
OGA Gazzuzz, Pls help me out. My Mitsubishi Space Runner 1997 version is having cooling system issue. Since 5days back i have to be topping the water every morning which was not so before. Pls what could be responsible for this? Thanks in advance.

If you are topping, then it is leaking. Find the leak.

Possible faults. Leaking radiator.

Bad pressure cap
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Inception(m): 3:49pm On Oct 05, 2017
toyomars:
please help me, I asked my mother to replace her Camry's coolant and service the injectors. she replaced her coolant with a total product.
this morning, she started the car but it died off in just seconds. she blames me for this issue because the car was fine until now. please I need your advice!
How were the injectors 'serviced' ?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by AceRoyal: 5:54pm On Oct 05, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

Bad pressure cap
Greetings Oga Gazzus, please what's the price of drive shaft for 09 Toyota Corolla sports?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:48pm On Oct 05, 2017
AceRoyal:

Greetings Oga Gazzus, please what's the price of drive shaft for 09 Toyota Corolla sports?

my supply price is 35,000 for a pair of toks.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by praiseandpeac: 11:04am On Oct 06, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

Bad pressure cap

Thanks you sir.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ayogabriel(m): 5:45am On Oct 17, 2017
Good day people i use honda accord 06 model. The stereo use to work fine, until it suddenly makes a pop sound and goes of.

Presently it only comes on but no sound. The kazeem i invited to check it, said i have to change the stereo.

Having check online, i found out its a general problem with honda accord. Please can angbody help me out if there is another way,before i spend money that i could save for something else? Thanks all
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by etinosa33(m): 3:43pm On Oct 19, 2017
Good day Experts in the house, what could be the possible cause for an Honda Accord 2003 V4 to jerk when the AC is on but goes back to normal when the AC is put off? This problem started, when the top gasket of the engine was changed.

cc GAZZUZZ
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by aizakun(m): 7:57am On Oct 25, 2017
Pls my Nissan Primera is in LIMP MODE,i.e. it does Not rev past 3000 RPM but I notice that the ABS light is always on and it shows CHECK ABS on the display board and check engine, pls what do I do to make it accelerate
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by sdpumping: 10:48am On Oct 25, 2017
Hello sir, please i need advise on which car to buy between Toyota corolla 2004 l4 and Honda accord 2004 v6. I want to know which is durable, efficient and easy to maintain. Your advise will be appreciated.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by inze(m): 11:38am On Oct 25, 2017
sdpumping:
Hello sir, please i need advise on which car to buy between Toyota corolla 2004 l4 and Honda accord 2004 v6. I want to know which is durable, efficient and easy to maintain. Your advise will be appreciated.

Both vehicle are not in the same league.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by OkwaIfugo(m): 12:33pm On Oct 25, 2017
Is Rx Lexus 300 Model Good For Use?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:36pm On Oct 25, 2017
OkwaIfugo:
Is Rx Lexus 300 Model Good For Use?

yes
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by OkwaIfugo(m): 1:55am On Oct 26, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

yes

Thanks bro.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by olaboy1: 8:35pm On Nov 02, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

Your catalyst is bad, have it replaced or install a spacer [img]http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRoH3QGY0hnGQ-zZ5lkWcmJoR2HR42oN8Zgc63hSYChp3mca508SKFAi8dO[/img] and your problems will be solved.

P.s I hope you don't have an exhaust leak?

Gazzuzz is it not better to first know if the ECM is giving a rich command that makes additional raw fuel get into the CAT, just changing the CAT might not be the best fix.

I’m having same issue for P0420 and P0430 and I’ve changed CAT and DTC’s persist. I can tell from my LTFT that it is taking fuel from the negative readings or am I wrong. I have seen a video on YouTube and the fix was the previous mechanic that installed the downstream oxygen sensors misplaced their positions. In my case I personally had all my sensors identified by tape with positions they were suppose to be boldly written on them, but my mechanic with his “you can’t teach me my job” mentality just mixed everything together and said all the plugs are not the same and no way you can make a mistake on this installation.

After seeing the YouTube video, I realised my mechanic was half right because the upstream oxygen sensors connectors are not the same but the downstream sensors are, so I am working on checking if the sensors are sitting in their right positions.

STFT Bank 2 at idle hovering between 2.34 to 7.81
STFT Bank 1 at idle hovering between 2.34 to 7.81 (I thought they should be close to zero as much as possible)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by olaboy1: 8:45pm On Nov 02, 2017
Now take a look at my upstream sensors, they seem to be adding fuel as they graph longer at high voltage meaning the engine is leaning out giving a rich command to add fuel.

Upstream sensors should be fluctuating rapidly between 0.01-0.9v

I am almost done with my own smoke machine to test for vacuum leaks.

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by blackfm: 1:50pm On Nov 09, 2017
AC issue here please.l last week my AC was cooling at cold start but after about 1/2hr it stops cooling. Tech checked and found the radiator fan wasn't working,wiring ish so that was fixed.i insisted on normal connection no direct fan. Now the AC could be cooling now and stop anytime.by any time I mean the car can be on one spot and it will be chilli properly and I can be going 100km and it won't cool so there is no particular pattern to it . Tech said its the thermostat and recommended installing a manual thermostat. I just want 2nd opinion as I'm not too open to deviating from OEM setup. 05 Corolla cc Gazzuzz
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by stevenkr123: 3:15pm On Nov 09, 2017
You can get all types of car maintenance tips from https://www.carcareninja.com/. This is one of my favorite resources.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jossytech(m): 3:18pm On Nov 09, 2017
Its 1998 Toyota Camry here, any where in Osogbo I can scan my vehicle, check engine light was on few months ago, notice oil leaks n air filter pipe leak, I fix both n washed d engine, then it's gone few days later but yesterday it's come up again, I live in dusty area though and notice the damn engine is dirty now due to the season n road I ply daily, . I need recommend obd scan centre, then please can I use 10w40 total quats 5000 for engine oil change

Mileage is #130626
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Nobody: 6:07pm On Nov 09, 2017
If in 2017, you own a car and you dont have a portable diagnostic car scanner you can use for your car, then OYO is ur case o. Enough has been said about the immense benefits of having such a device. Also, because i have done the research which you may verify, i wouldnt advice bluetooth scanners, for the prime reason that obd was designed to be accessed 'locally', but bluetooth or wireless obd's bring with it the risk of remote access by other nearby bluetooth or wireless devices, unlike a phone where you can set limits to the discoverability. That being said, own an OBD scanner, scan ur cars, save your money, save your car, and save the heartbreak of leaving the fate of your car solely in a 'kazeems' hands. They are available for 16k and I can be reached on 08184733016, call or whatsapp. Cheers!
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by blackfm: 2:57pm On Nov 10, 2017
the men weh sabi don abandon us sad

blackfm:
AC issue here please.l last week my AC was cooling at cold start but after about 1/2hr it stops cooling. Tech checked and found the radiator fan wasn't working,wiring ish so that was fixed.i insisted on normal connection no direct fan. Now the AC could be cooling now and stop anytime.by any time I mean the car can be on one spot and it will be chilli properly and I can be going 100km and it won't cool so there is no particular pattern to it . Tech said its the thermostat and recommended installing a manual thermostat. I just want 2nd opinion as I'm not too open to deviating from OEM setup. 05 Corolla cc Gazzuzz
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by traderguy: 3:38pm On Nov 10, 2017
09031533342 lekki

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by koyox: 3:47pm On Nov 10, 2017
ride with ease
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:56pm On Nov 10, 2017
blackfm:

post low and high pressures with a/c on.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:57pm On Nov 10, 2017
Gilbertase:
If in 2017, you own a car and you dont have a portable diagnostic car scanner you can use for your car, then OYO is ur case o. Enough has been said about the immense benefits of having such a device. Also, because i have done the research which you may verify, i wouldnt advice bluetooth scanners, for the prime reason that obd was designed to be accessed 'locally', but bluetooth or wireless obd's bring with it the risk of remote access by other nearby bluetooth or wireless devices, unlike a phone where you can set limits to the discoverability. That being said, own an OBD scanner, scan ur cars, save your money, save your car, and save the heartbreak of leaving the fate of your car solely in a 'kazeems' hands. They are available for 16k and I can be reached on 08184733016, call or whatsapp. Cheers!

migration be a scam
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:59pm On Nov 10, 2017

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (507) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: Femiii

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.