Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,664 members, 7,801,919 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:58 AM

Tecno F5 Discussion Thread - Phones (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno F5 Discussion Thread (194809 Views)

Infinix zero discussion thread! / Tecno P5 Discussion Thread / Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (109) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tecno F5 Discussion Thread by Nobody: 11:14pm On Jul 21, 2014
donwise1:
I rooted it with framaroot app.
FLASH? I booted into recovery by presin volume up and power botons simultaneously.
About 2.3gb free space.
Yes its follow come SDcard.
framaroot? plz download root checker, and confirm it was properly rooted
flash? as in install, which recover IMG did you use and which app did you use in flashing/installing the cwm

2.3gb is OK,
Re: Tecno F5 Discussion Thread by donwise1(m): 11:14pm On Jul 21, 2014
swisscarter:

bro u backed up wit stock recovery dats it....u nid 2 flash CWM recovery (@d 1st page) den bckup again....
Pls enlighten me more; how do I flash cwm recovery? Pls the steps wil be highly welcomed
Re: Tecno F5 Discussion Thread by donwise1(m): 11:20pm On Jul 21, 2014
Preboy:
framaroot? plz download root checker, and confirm it was properly rooted
flash? as in install, which recover IMG did you use and which app did you use in flashing/installing the cwm

2.3gb is OK,
Bro I have root checker and its rooted.
Pls enlighten me more on flashing the cwm because what I did was after intalling the cwm, I installed Rom manager premium and booted into recovery and select backup in backup and restore option . Dat is it. Is dia any tin am missing?
Re: Tecno F5 Discussion Thread by Nobody: 11:31pm On Jul 21, 2014
donwise1:
Bro I have root checker and its rooted.
Pls enlighten me more on flashing the cwm because what I did was after intalling the cwm, I installed Rom manager premium and booted into recovery and select backup in backup and restore option . Dat is it. Is dia any tin am missing?
Lol your case is easy, you didn't install any recovery

get the instructions for cwm from page 0, all you need is mobile uncle and the recover img
Re: Tecno F5 Discussion Thread by donwise1(m): 11:39pm On Jul 21, 2014
Preboy:
Lol your case is easy, you didn't install any recovery

get the instructions for cwm from page 0, all you need is mobile uncle and the recover img
Pls how do I use mobile uncle to get a recovery image? help me pls I really need it
Re: Tecno F5 Discussion Thread by Nobody: 11:42pm On Jul 21, 2014
donwise1:
Pls how do I use mobile uncle to get a recovery image? help me pls I really need it
just go to the first page of this thread, all you need is there
Re: Tecno F5 Discussion Thread by donwise1(m): 11:46pm On Jul 21, 2014
Preboy:
just go to the first page of this thread, all you need is there
Ok bro but its P5. Is the procedures for F5 applicable to P5? Don't mind my questions I just want to be carefully informed
Re: Tecno F5 Discussion Thread by Nobody: 12:47am On Jul 22, 2014
donwise1:
Ok bro but its P5. Is the procedures for F5 applicable to P5? Don't mind my questions I just want to be carefully informed
you wanna brick your device huh? why didn't you tell me it P5 at the very beginning

anyways I couldn't find cwm, bt CTR is way better and it supports touch unlike cwm download CTR for p5
link=> https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0MpiDrtTxYwcmhyU2FiQm44TUk/edit?usp=sharing
* then goto play store and get mobile uncle
* place recovery in sdcard root(as in just paste it in the SD card, not in any folder)
* launch mobile uncle and goto recovery update
* choose the recovery.img, allow it flash
* reboot to recovery and ENJOY
Thank me later
Re: Tecno F5 Discussion Thread by Nobody: 1:37am On Jul 22, 2014
swisscarter:

bro u backed up wit stock recovery dats it....u nid 2 flash CWM recovery den bckup again....
backing up wit stock recovery ain't safe? So if he's device gets bricked d stock recovery wunt restore or wat? I dnt understand plx... Explain further
Re: Tecno F5 Discussion Thread by stephinnoyewole(m): 4:03am On Jul 22, 2014
swisscarter:

bro u backed up wit stock recovery dats it....u nid 2 flash CWM recovery den bckup again....
shikena
Re: Tecno F5 Discussion Thread by encryptjay(m): 7:04am On Jul 22, 2014
AmazingZeus: So long su*kers off to buy my htc and probably get a babe because my joystick they mis-beheave since these month,so long china tecno fan boys *zooms off*
Zeus typed this?
Re: Tecno F5 Discussion Thread by Psychodavidovic(m): 8:22am On Jul 22, 2014
AmazingZeus: best phone ever livert

Which HTC sef ?
Re: Tecno F5 Discussion Thread by tboyw(m): 8:40am On Jul 22, 2014
AmazingZeus: is that how jealous you are,damn you must be very poor
what u don't understand is that I have necessary things to spend my money on than buying high price phones. so f*ck off. useless set of people spending their life on phone just to play games and other unnecessary things. empty headed. I can't be moved by galaxy s5 talk less of ur yeye second handed htc
Re: Tecno F5 Discussion Thread by tboyw(m): 8:48am On Jul 22, 2014
donwise1: Gurus after backing up my rom with cwm, I
didn't find the backup file in the cwm folder
in sdcard. Instead, I saw it in the root of my
sdcard alone. And the name of the file is
"userdata_20140721_200228.backup" and
the size is 429.62mb. Pls my friends, is dis
really the backup file format and extension
am supposed to get to unbrick my phone if
it get bricked oneday?
I use premium rom manager.
Pls I need help and response from u guys as
am an average droid user.
guy that's stock recovery not Cwmr oooo. get Cwmr installed and do the backup
Re: Tecno F5 Discussion Thread by harden(m): 8:58am On Jul 22, 2014
plz guys help i downloaded god of war chains of olympus cso file of (330 mb) but een i opened it it didnt gve me the option to save the games plz realy need ur help on this
Re: Tecno F5 Discussion Thread by gloryaaa(f): 11:03am On Jul 22, 2014
Preboy:

the official specs is 512mb ram, bt the 1s in naija is 1gb(confirmed @ the gionee p2s thread).... which kind phone dey your mind na?
amazingzeus here it is
Re: Tecno F5 Discussion Thread by AmazingZeus(m): 11:30am On Jul 22, 2014
gloryaaa: amazingzeus here it is
the person that pasted that comment can testify to it that is 1gig ram ask him though the official spec maybe a mistake even their facebook fanpage confirmed its 1gig ram
Re: Tecno F5 Discussion Thread by AmazingZeus(m): 11:41am On Jul 22, 2014
tboyw: what u don't understand is that I have necessary things to spend my money on than buying high price phones. so f*ck off. useless set of people spending their life on phone just to play games and other unnecessary things. empty headed. I can't be moved by galaxy s5 talk less of ur yeye second handed htc
the president can spend his money buying private jet while his vice can use it to help the masses instead so what part of everybody don't have the same motiv do you not understand punk,you don't have money due to your laziness but i work hard to get mine so why must i economise like you
Re: Tecno F5 Discussion Thread by AmazingZeus(m): 11:42am On Jul 22, 2014
Psychodavidovic:

Which HTC sef ?
m7
Re: Tecno F5 Discussion Thread by donwise1(m): 11:51am On Jul 22, 2014
Preboy:
you wanna brick your device huh? why didn't you tell me it P5 at the very beginning

anyways I couldn't find cwm, bt CTR is way better and it supports touch unlike cwm download CTR for p5
link=> https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0MpiDrtTxYwcmhyU2FiQm44TUk/edit?usp=sharing
* place recovery in sdcard root(as in just paste it in the SD card, not in any folder)
Thank me later
Thanks man. U are really a droid guru. U too much. I wil like to have ur contact pls. Or mail me at donwiseobioha@yahoo.com
Re: Tecno F5 Discussion Thread by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jul 22, 2014
donwise1:
Thanks man. U are really a droid guru. U too much. I wil like to have ur contact pls. Or mail me at donwiseobioha@yahoo.com
lol I'm no droid guru, just sharing what I learnt from others. BB: 79FAAE23

BTW, credits to oga sylith for CTR recovery for p5
Re: Tecno F5 Discussion Thread by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jul 22, 2014
Preboy:

Thank me later
i need cwm 4 tecno m7, i don find am tire i no see!!
Re: Tecno F5 Discussion Thread by donwise1(m): 12:58pm On Jul 22, 2014
Preboy:
lol I'm no droid guru, just sharing what I learnt from others. BB: 79FAAE23

BTW, credits to oga sylith for CTR recovery for p5
Ok bro
Re: Tecno F5 Discussion Thread by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jul 22, 2014
mrvocalprowess: i need cwm 4 tecno m7, i don find am tire i no see!!
I think you should ask flawless911 or qunlexus4u, they must have installed cwm when using m7
Re: Tecno F5 Discussion Thread by tboyw(m): 1:20pm On Jul 22, 2014
AmazingZeus: the president can spend his money buying private jet while his vice can use it to help the masses instead so what part of everybody don't have the same motiv do you not understand punk,you don't have money due to your laziness but i work hard to get mine so why must i economise like you
laziness? u know me? or u know my profession? anyway I can realise u are nothing but a kid, I don't have your time till when u are mature, so pls don't quote me again
Re: Tecno F5 Discussion Thread by tboyw(m): 1:22pm On Jul 22, 2014
mrvocalprowess: i need cwm 4 tecno m7, i don find am tire i no see!!
port it with Ctr app on PC na
Re: Tecno F5 Discussion Thread by AmazingZeus(m): 1:42pm On Jul 22, 2014
tboyw: laziness? u know me? or u know my profession? anyway I can realise u are nothing but a kid, I don't have your time till when u are mature, so pls don't quote me again
tell us your fake profession or the one copied from google this morning
Re: Tecno F5 Discussion Thread by tboyw(m): 1:46pm On Jul 22, 2014
HOW TO PORT CTR AND/OR CWMR ON TECNO F5

REQUIREMENTS
1. PDANET (FOR USB DRIVER INSTALLATION (WINDOWS)

2. CTR (FOR CTR (WINDOWS))

3. PC

4. USB CABLE

5. YOUR TECNO F5

6. MTKDROID TOOL (FOR CWMR)

7. PATIENCE

TO INSTALL USB DRIVER
plug ur phone to the PC with USB debugging
enabled, now launch the PDAnet on ur PC,
click install and follow the instructions on the
screen, select others when u get to the phone
list screen and wait for it to automatically
detect ur phone, else if it show "skip USB
driver installation" just remove the cable from
ur phone and plug it back immediately. when
prompting for installation click on "install" to
install the driver. at this point u should see
the usb driver marked, wait for it to complete
and click finish. that's all for driver
installation.

TO INSTALL THE RECOVERY
now unplug ur phone and plug back once
then create a folder on ur PC desktop and
extract the content of the ctr u downloaded
from the link above, click the ctr.exe (the one
with butterfly icon), it may ask to disable
antivirus on ur PC, click no, after that click
yes for others except if it ask maybe u have
flip recovery, u should choose no for that one
then wait till the software automatically
reboot ur phone into ctr recovery.

FOR CWM RECOVERY
1. follow same Step above to install USB driver
2. TO INSTALL CWMR, download mtkdroid tools
3. extract the content and launch the mtkdroidtool.exe
4. click on root at the bottom right of the tool on ur PC screen
5. grant super user access when prompts on ur phone screen . the yellow color would change to green at the bottom left of the mtkdroidtool.
6. after that click backup, recovery... tab at the top
7. tick "use boot.img from phone" and click on the backup and boot at the left side of the app screen.
it will ask to flash Cwmr, click yes till the app automatically reboot ur phone to Cwmr recovery...

GOOD LUCK

download CTR here www•dropbox •com/
s/5yqac83j2g4bm7k/CTRv2.4.7z
Re: Tecno F5 Discussion Thread by tboyw(m): 1:51pm On Jul 22, 2014
AmazingZeus: tell us your fake profession or the one copied from google this morning
im a student... I can realise u are so stupid!!! very stupid indeed. what do u think u are, that make u feel like u are better than others... why is this forum so full of foolish people like this foolish dude
Re: Tecno F5 Discussion Thread by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jul 22, 2014
great tutorial tboyw will sure save it for future purposes

bt you and amazing Zeus has gotta chill, like seriously I ain't finding it amusing any longer. you guys are seriously acting childish, this would have ended a long time ago if one of you just said I'm sorry. not saying any of you is to be blamed, just saying for the sake of peace and friendship, you guys should end it, ryt here ryt now
didn't expect this from the both of you, #$0 DISΔPPΩIΠTΣD
Re: Tecno F5 Discussion Thread by encryptjay(m): 3:36pm On Jul 22, 2014
tboyw: im a student... I can realise u are so stupid!!! very stupid indeed. what do u think u are, that make u feel like u are better than others... why is this forum so full of foolish people like this foolish dude
Free d lad. I think he is not okay. Zeus I know won't talk like this. Let peace reign so that the group will move forward.
Re: Tecno F5 Discussion Thread by AmazingZeus(m): 3:52pm On Jul 22, 2014
tboyw: im a student... I can realise u are so stupid!!! very stupid indeed. what do u think u are, that make u feel like u are better than others... why is this forum so full of foolish people like this foolish dude
insults and you claim to be a student,oh a secondary school student and by guessing i believe you are in ss2,my son read hard because waec now a days are hard to pass even with exam cheats

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (109) (Reply)

Unlocking Trial Version Of Repligo Reader 2.1.0.1 On Bb / MTN BIS No Longer Work On Android? / Useful Nokia Secret Codes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.