Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,510 members, 7,808,865 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:16 PM

The 'Tsunami' that hit NairaLand ... - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / The 'Tsunami' that hit NairaLand ... (1140 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The 'Tsunami' that hit NairaLand ... by kobonaire(m): 3:18pm On Jun 27, 2014
These past week has made us all realize how we missed our beloved NL when it was down and how addicted many of us were to NL. In fact one can consider NL to be Facebook/twitter etc with a 9ja flavour. wink
It is good to see that NL is back up and operating but obviously there has been a HUGE loss of data. I am however very hopeful that the recovery process is going on well as I know that this can take a long time as database rebuilding is a time consuming task I believe.
If NL is unable to recover all the data at a 100%, then in my opinion it's an utmost and complete failure on their storage strategies/operations . Given how cheap storage is and the abundance of options available in today's IT world, it would be a massive letdown if NL management/operations did not have a comprehensive backup plan in place. You should never rely on one single storage source in this type of business or else you risk having a single source of complete and catastrophic failure.
I anyway hope that they are in the process of a complete recovery and look forward to all the NL threads, member accounts, 'likes' etc being completely restored.
Re: The 'Tsunami' that hit NairaLand ... by Nobody: 12:28am On Jun 28, 2014
How long should it take to restore those data if they were truly backed up.
Re: The 'Tsunami' that hit NairaLand ... by tpia1: 1:47am On Jun 28, 2014
check wayback, should be there.

1 Like

Re: The 'Tsunami' that hit NairaLand ... by kobonaire(m): 2:41am On Jun 28, 2014
*dhtml:
How long should it take to restore those data if they were truly backed up.
i don't think it should take more than a few days at most. I fear that there may be lost data as some users are even complaining that their previous accounts do not exist anymore - which is also a bad sign. Maybe be someone from NL can shed more light on the situation.
Re: The 'Tsunami' that hit NairaLand ... by Nobody: 3:42am On Jun 28, 2014
if you are trying to recover your data, google your thread title, check the cached copy, and then copy and paste the material on a blog .

blogs are currently free.

you can also print or save the data.

1 Like

Re: The 'Tsunami' that hit NairaLand ... by itstpiia: 11:59pm On Jun 29, 2014
if you are trying to recover your data, google your thread title, check the cached copy, and then copy and paste the material on a blog .

Re: The 'Tsunami' that hit NairaLand ... by kobonaire(m): 1:07am On Jun 30, 2014
itstpiia: if you are trying to recover your data, google your thread title, check the cached copy, and then copy and paste the material on a blog .

you said exactly the same thing yesterday
Re: The 'Tsunami' that hit NairaLand ... by kobonaire(m): 4:24pm On Jul 15, 2014
kobonaire: ...
@kobonaire

(1) (Reply)

C++ Experts Please Come To My Aid.... / Help On Andriod Studio / In Need Of Programmers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.