Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,537 members, 7,801,501 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:08 PM

Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 (171853 Views)

MTN Scholarship 2014 Shortlists / MTN Scholarship 2014 Thread / Esso Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship 2014/2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (73) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jul 20, 2014
linton99: I remember d interview hw some of ma friends were bounced because of management or hse courses...omen..I thank God o..I got an unconditional admission in 2days n ma interview went well,I thank God......I heard oil n gas producing lgas are favoured,any truth?

welcome to the waiting club.
many are called, few are chosen. no body knows what parameters they are using but using l.g.a to favour candidates doesn't make sense. the truth is is either you are favoured by man or by God when it comes to Nddc. just believe you would be amongst the final 200.cheers

1 Like

Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by linton99: 8:49pm On Jul 20, 2014
cabaye:

welcome to the waiting club.
many are called, few are chosen. no body knows what parameters they are using but using l.g.a to favour candidates doesn't make sense. the truth is is either you are favoured by man or by God when it comes to Nddc. just believe you would be amongst the final 200.cheers
ur right jere..I knw am favoured by God...I can feel it...u knw rumours here and there always arise at times like dis
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by Ezyp(m): 9:38pm On Jul 20, 2014
csimms7:

Bros I know there's been lots of responses to your question but I want to answer it differently. You should note that if you are going to apply for your visa now, you won't be applying as a student going on scholarship, you'd be applying as a self sponsoring student. So the best bet is to write the school to issue you a new CAS if you still want to wait on NDDC but if not, you can use the CAS to apply, then you'd know that you'd need to show proof of living expenses for 9 months and also show that you've paid half of your fees. So those are your options.
Thanks alot this answered my question
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jul 20, 2014
csimms7:

Okies. I think it's just a general requirement to have between 7200-9000 pounds for 28 days if on a scholarship. My friend who's in Salford and got the scholarship last year was required to have that also. I pray it pans out well, hopefully in a week or two we should all know our fates. It is well!

we should know our faith this week, latest Wednesday (by faith). the only ideal time to prepare for the 28 days is by using the month of august . most schools are resuming on the 15th of September.waiting for another 2 weeks wouldn't be good for my health. lol

by the way, if my admission has been withdrawn, is it possible to Re-apply for the same course this year ??
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by GlobalCareers: 7:11am On Jul 21, 2014
cabaye:

we should know our faith this week, latest Wednesday (by faith). the only ideal time to prepare for the 28 days is by using the month of august . most schools are resuming on the 15th of September.waiting for another 2 weeks wouldn't be good for my health. lol

by the way, if my admission has been withdrawn, is it possible to Re-apply for the same course this year ??

Yes, you can apply to other UK schools offering a similar course. You could receive an offer within few days.
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by GlobalCareers: 7:21am On Jul 21, 2014
cabaye:

If you apply to the same school for the same course and same start date, I don't think you would be considered for admission because:

1. you defaulted by not fulfilling the admission conditions by the deadline
2. spaces available for the course might be filled up.

Cabaye, are you very sure we will hear from NDDC by Wed? Is the source from a big masquerade?

Thank God it's Monday!
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by csimms7: 7:48am On Jul 21, 2014
cabaye:

Cabaye you know you can avoid loosing your admission by writing the school and buying yourself time right? So if you are sure on NDDC or you wanna self sponsor but waiting to know your fate first with NDDC, we write the school, give some good excuse and buy time till 1st week of August. Cheers bro and good morning to the full house.
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by linton99: 9:21am On Jul 21, 2014
God will favour us all
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by Dantidote: 9:31am On Jul 21, 2014
linton99: God will favour us all

Amen!!!
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by spawne: 9:46am On Jul 21, 2014
I had to drop my Imperial admission and applied again to cranfield. Even so, doubt nddc scholarship would be enough. God dey sha. Best wishes everyone.
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by GlobalCareers: 10:19am On Jul 21, 2014
spawne: I had to drop my Imperial admission and applied again to cranfield. Even so, doubt nddc scholarship would be enough. God dey sha. Best wishes everyone.

Imperial is highly selective. Did you graduate with a 1st class?
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jul 21, 2014
GlobalCareers:

If you apply to the same school for the same course and same start date, I don't think you would be considered for admission because:

1. you defaulted by not fulfilling the admission conditions by the deadline
2. spaces available for the course might be filled up.

Cabaye, are you very sure we will hear from NDDC by Wed? Is the source from a big masquerade?

Thank God it's Monday!

thanks for the info. with regards to hearing from Nddc, I am only being optimistic as I have been waiting since June when I got the bad news that it would be temporarily suspended.

on a positive note, my source recently hinted me that they would hold a meeting this week or next and may hopefully discuss the matter.cheers
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by EMMABC1(m): 11:06am On Jul 22, 2014
I have an idea that can help us actualize this dream promptly. Pls I want us to move quickly to our facebook and twitter handles and start bringing to GEJ and Abati's notice about the delay in d shortlisting and d rumour of suspension we are hearing. Knowing fully well that GEJ is a listening president and very active on facebook, we can count on him to take prompt action on this. I believe this will work for us if we can be passionate, decorous and sensible in doing that. God will see us through.
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by crazyinlove: 11:43am On Jul 22, 2014
EMMABC1: I have an idea that can help us actualize this dream promptly. Pls I want us to move quickly to our facebook and twitter handles and start bringing to GEJ and Abati's notice about the delay in d shortlisting and d rumour of suspension we are hearing. Knowing fully well that GEJ is a listening president and very active on facebook, we can count on him to take prompt action on this. I believe this will work for us if we can be passionate, decorous and sensible in doing that. God will see us through.

Trust me, a lot of people will not be passionate and sensible over this like you would want them to be.
Besides, their budget was just approved by the senate last week, I believe that was part of the reasons for the delay. Personally I think we should just give them time and the benefit of the doubt....at least till month end then we can think of actions to take.
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by 4mula22(m): 12:45pm On Jul 22, 2014
I was called by my uni in the UK...
I've got till 25th July to show working, else....

Of what use will NDDC be when I lose my admission offer?

God save the Queen!
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jul 22, 2014
EMMABC1: I have an idea that can help us actualize this dream promptly. Pls I want us to move quickly to our facebook and twitter handles and start bringing to GEJ and Abati's notice about the delay in d shortlisting and d rumour of suspension we are hearing. Knowing fully well that GEJ is a listening president and very active on facebook, we can count on him to take prompt action on this. I believe this will work for us if we can be passionate, decorous and sensible in doing that. God will see us through.

whats are presidos facebook and twitter account names??
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jul 22, 2014
4mula22: I was called by my uni in the UK...
I've got till 25th July to show working, else....

Of what use will NDDC be when I lose my admission offer?

God save the Queen!

thats one of my biggest worries.i feel your pain. the course I chose is only offered in Portsmouth uni.
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by linton99: 2:11pm On Jul 22, 2014
cabaye:

thats one of my biggest worries.i feel your pain. the course I chose is only offered in Portsmouth uni.
what course bro?
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jul 22, 2014
linton99: what course bro?

MSC in environmental geology and land contamination... what about you
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by njoryor(m): 4:34pm On Jul 22, 2014
Leeds messages requiring sponsors don fill my inbox
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by linton99: 4:44pm On Jul 22, 2014
No
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by EMMABC1(m): 7:04pm On Jul 22, 2014
cabaye:

whats are presidos facebook and twitter account names??
GEJ facebook name is simply Goodluck Jonathan. Reuben Abati's twitter handle is @abati1990 but u can also write him a letter at letters@reubenabati.com.ng. I have just written both GEJ and Abati.
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by csimms7: 12:10am On Jul 23, 2014
EMMABC1:
GEJ facebook name is simply Goodluck Jonathan. Reuben Abati's twitter handle is @abati1990 but u can also write him a letter at letters@reubenabati.com.ng. I have just written both GEJ and Abati.

I go dey plain with una. Una dey f**k up wella. Una dey jones. Imagine you working in a company like NDDC and finding out that meetings held are being discussed in public which means there's someone leaking minutes of the meeting to other people. E even bad say we dey talk am here, e come worse say una don dey petition Presido. Una get sense at all? Budget was just approved less than a week or a week plus at most and una no fit exercise patience. Two years ago they got their letters middle of August. Wtf is wrong with you all here. You've waited this long, is it going to kill us to wait a little bit longer. Mehn, I dey para abeg. No more comments

1 Like

Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by Nobody: 12:44am On Jul 23, 2014
EMMABC1:

thanks a lot for your effort but as someone mentioned earlier that nddc at the moment is/was financially broke was very true. in fact they are owing contractors and it seems the scholarship program is the last thing for them to worry about .etc

another person mentioned something about the m.d being very busy which is part of the delay which is very true. (God help him)

it hasn't been confirmed if federal government has paid or
not. if the money has been received by nddc , they are attending to other important issues (hopefully scholarship related).

my opinion is that anything can happen hence forth. as i write this we should all wait and see what happens this month although I feel its would come as an august visitor
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by csimms7: 1:30am On Jul 23, 2014
cabaye:

thanks a lot for your effort but as someone mentioned earlier that nddc at the moment is/was financially broke was very true. in fact they are owing contractors and it seems the scholarship program is the last thing for them to worry about .etc

another person mentioned something about the m.d being very busy which is part of the delay which is very true. (God help him)

it hasn't been confirmed if federal government has paid or
not. if the money has been received by nddc , they are attending to other important issues (hopefully scholarship related).

my opinion is that anything can happen hence forth. as i write this we should all wait and see what happens this month although I feel its would come as an august visitor

Cabaye, we are all literates here naw. Imagine you are a company and you are submitting your budget to your parent company for the year, wouldn't you add all your expenses? Baba, when we get this letter, they don't pay the school immediately o, it takes up to nov, dec, or early Jan for them to pay and then if there's any balance left, they credit to us. Let's leave the whole NDDC is broke story, that's in the past, budget has now been approved, we should only pray we are amongst the lucky 200. No more agitations. I don't fancy the idea of writing the President and whoever. Did NDDC as a matter of fact sign contract with any of us and give us a specific date? Those writing President and suggesting to write him, how una dey sure say una name dey. Mehn! Let's be matured here. I pray for the best for us all but dem say person wey live for glass house no dey throw stones o. Let's not use our hand and bring gbege to ourselves. Oluwa is Highest. Gbam!!!

1 Like

Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by linton99: 7:52am On Jul 23, 2014
Those that are writing petitions..hmmm una get mind oo..instead of praying to God to favour u. See NDDC owe u noting infact the government owes u noting...writing at dis point will amount to noting...just keep hope alive,source for the right information on the state of things,pray,gather money and WAIT..what will happen will happen...be wise!
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by linton99: 8:18am On Jul 23, 2014
By the way reliable info says: they went on a tour to UK last week to see scholars and when asked..they replied that they would soon contact us...so pem! God is in charge
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by Nobody: 8:19am On Jul 23, 2014
csimms7:

Cabaye, we are all literates here naw. Imagine you are a company and you are submitting your budget to your parent company for the year, wouldn't you add all your expenses? Baba, when we get this letter, they don't pay the school immediately o, it takes up to nov, dec, or early Jan for them to pay and then if there's any balance left, they credit to us. Let's leave the whole NDDC is broke story, that's in the past, budget has now been approved, we should only pray we are amongst the lucky 200. No more agitations. I don't fancy the idea of writing the President and whoever. Did NDDC as a matter of fact sign contract with any of us and give us a specific date? Those writing President and suggesting to write him, how una dey sure say una name dey. Mehn! Let's be matured here. I pray for the best for us all but dem say person wey live for glass house no dey throw stones o. Let's not use our hand and bring gbege to ourselves. Oluwa is Highest. Gbam!!!

hehe..me just ask for oga presidio name to see if I fit
borrow loan from him hand if possible..lmao
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by csimms7: 8:59am On Jul 23, 2014
cabaye:

hehe..me just ask for oga presidio name to see if I fit
borrow loan from him hand if possible..lmao

Lwkmd. You be clown guy. @linton you are so so so right on point. NDDC owes nobody anything, instead of una to even dey tell them thank you say dem dash you 10k after interview, lol. Let's pray and be focused.
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by EMMABC1(m): 10:40am On Jul 23, 2014
csimms7:

Lwkmd. You be clown guy. @linton you are so so so right on point. NDDC owes nobody anything, instead of una to even dey tell them thank you say dem dash you 10k after interview, lol. Let's pray and be focused.
I understand ur perspectives but what I suggested is a kind of appeal or plea to the presido to intervene.

1 Like

Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by csimms7: 11:31am On Jul 23, 2014
EMMABC1:
I understand ur perspectives but what I suggested is a kind of appeal or plea to the presido to intervene.

Baba, the point b say e no make sense. Simple! President get Boko issues him dey deal with and other pressing national issues, are you trying to suggest to him that NDDC board aren't working fine? Cos if that's the case, worst case scenario na to investigate and set up panel and is that going to do us more good than harm? Anyways let's stop the petitioning but rather petition ourselves here for information needed and be patient. Patience is a virtue. Always remember that. E go come to pass. Have faith.
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by Nobody: 11:50am On Jul 23, 2014
linton99: Those that are writing petitions..hmmm una get mind oo..instead of praying to God to favour u. See NDDC owe u noting infact the government owes u noting...writing at dis point will amount to noting...just keep hope alive,source for the right information on the state of things,pray,gather money and WAIT..what will happen will happen...be wise!

I'm not in support of those writing the petition but its a bit unfair to say government/nddc owes we Niger deltans nothing. what are they then existing for?? the existence of nddc and the minstry of of environment were argued to be similar during the confab and some delegates from the north were advocating for the closure of nddc as its not functioning.
I feel it is our right and not our privileges to at least know the outcome of the scholarship.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (73) (Reply)

Newsflash: ASUU Strike Has Been Suspended! / IGNORE All 2023 WAEC, NECO, UTME Score Upgrade And Admission Assistance Threads / Babcock University Students' Sextape: Zlatan Ibile Reacts To Leaked Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.