Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,650 members, 7,801,896 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:23 AM

Some Good News From SW, After PDP Retook Ekiti - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Some Good News From SW, After PDP Retook Ekiti (1977 Views)

After PDP Rally In Jigawa Indigenes "Disinfect" Dutse (photos) / Udoedehe: Akpabio Gave Us N3m “transport Money” Each After PDP Caucus Meetings / Cars Destroyed After PDP And APC Supporters Clashed In Kaduna (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Good News From SW, After PDP Retook Ekiti by Francis5: 4:34pm On Jun 27, 2014
Why I buried ex-customs official, daughter alive ─ suspect

June 24, 2014 by Olaleye Aluko 194 Comments

Photo:Clockwise: Kerry, Obiagulum and Azeez

The Lagos State Police Command on Monday paraded a 64-year-old native doctor, Alhaji Olatunji Azeez, who confessed to have killed a retired customs officer, Mrs. Angela Kerry, and her 10-year-old adopted daughter, Obiagulum, on May 10, 2014.

PUNCH Metro had reported on Monday that the decomposed bodies of the woman and her daughter were found in Azeez’s house in Ire Akari Crescent, Ajuwon Akute, Ogun State by operatives of the Lagos State Special Anti-Robbery Squad. The police subsequently marked the building as a kidnapper’s den.

Azeez, an Oyo State indigene with three wives and five children, said he was forced to kill the customs officer and her daughter after she threatened to kill him over a sum of money.

He explained, “I have been a trado-medical doctor for about 30 years, but I knew Angela over five years ago. She initially came to me for protection from family attacks. One of her friends called Lizzy introduced her to me. The relationship began to grow, and she kept patronising me for one thing or the other.

“Then, about three years ago, she mentioned her barreness problem, adding that the daughter that was with her was adopted. I was shocked. But when she told me her age, I told her it was impossible to make her pregnant. But she insisted that prophets in the churches she went had assured her she would get pregnant.”

Our correspondent learnt that Azeez later lied to the woman that she would get pregnant and collected N9m from her for the job.

Azeez added, “I did the normal concoction for her, but it didn’t work because of her age. But I collected the money because I knew if I did not, she would go to where they would collect it. After some months without result, she came to my place to complain. She then demanded a refund, but I told her that I could not repay it. She then began to threaten me. Within a month, I tried to repay N2.5m. On that fateful week, she came back for the remaining N6.5m.

“It was Saturday, May 17. She came with her daughter and insisted that she wanted her balance. She said as a retired customs officer, she could kill me if I didn’t pay back the money. Then I thought, I must kill this woman before she killed me. The hole at the back of my house was not built for killing. It was dug for drainage during rainfalls.”

Azeez added that he went to the backyard, covered the hole with a white cloth that Angela normally saw in another shrine in his house.

He said, “After we talked, we moved with her daughter to the place. I said she should kneel down on the mat with her daughter. She did so and fell into the pit with her daughter. The operation was successful because no member of my family was around in the house.

I then began to cover the pit up with sand. I poured in roughly 50 buckets of sand. The following day, I got two bricklayers to cement the portion. But I had first taken out the belongings she brought.”

The Lagos State Commissioner of Police, Umar Manko, stated that the police had concluded their investigations on the case, adding that the native doctor was going to be charged to court for murder.

He said, “The woman and her daughter were reported missing on May 10 at the Oko Oba Police Division by the family.

“Azeez was eventually arrested through a tracking device installed on the victim’s Toyota Camry. Azeez, a herbalist, had hypnotised the woman for a long time. He had taken over N200m from her both in cash and property. We discovered he cleverly constructed a well in his house, lured the woman with her daughter into the room, and buried them alive.

“We were able to recover the decomposed bodies of the victims from the well. We also picked their property which was buried along with them. We have finished our investigations, and he will be charged to court for murder. We will leave the rest to be decided by the court.”

Copyright PUNCH.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from PUNCH.

http://www.punchng.com/news/why-i-buried-ex-customs-official-daughter-alive-%E2%94%80-suspect/

Re: Some Good News From SW, After PDP Retook Ekiti by Francis5: 4:35pm On Jun 27, 2014
interesting
Wicked Yoruba man kills stupid, money-miss-road Igbo woman and her innocent daughter

1 Like

Re: Some Good News From SW, After PDP Retook Ekiti by Francis5: 4:58pm On Jun 27, 2014
Lagos: We sell human parts to pastors, imams - Suspects

by Olaleye Aluko

The Lagos State Police Command has arrested a gang of human parts traders who were allegedly plying their "business" in several markets in Lagos.

The four-man gang, who were arrested by the operatives of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad, are Olakunle Ogunsola, Oyebamiji Olalekan, Rasheed Opeyemi and Akorede Wasiu.

Our correspondent learnt that the gang was arrested after a tip-off to the police. It was gathered that the Lagos State Commissioner of Police, Umar Manko, thereafter directed the SARS Commander, Abba Kyari, to go after the human parts sellers which led to their arrest.

While Olakunle, who is said to be the gang leader, was apprehended at the Ile Epo Market in the Oke Odo area of Lagos, Oyebamiji was caught at the Oja Oba Market in Abule Egba. The other two suspects, Opeyemi and Wasiu, were arrested in the Ajegunle and Ijaiye areas of Lagos respectively.

Olakunle, 26-year-old who hails from Ilaro in Ogun State, confessed that he had sold human parts to Christian and Muslim clerics in the past.

He said, "I usually sell herbs at the Ile Epo Market. It was one Waheed Ajigbotoloun that introduced selling human parts to me. That was just last year October. He was my supplier too, and he told me he used to get them from Joju Cemetery in Sango Ota, Ogun State.

"I didn't always buy the human parts except when there was a request for them from my customers. Upon request, I have bought human skulls and meat from him for my customers. Some of them are pastors, imams, and native doctors too. I have sold human parts to two pastors this year, but I cannot remember the names of their churches."

Olakunle, who is married with a child added that the meat he sold could be any part of the human body, and he bought them at prices ranging from N6,000 to N10,000.

He said, "The first pastor I sold to is based in Sango Otta, Ogun State. He paid me N24,500 for the parts. The clerics use these to make their congregations move forward. I also use some of the parts to make charm powder.

"I am not the only seller in the market. There is also one Lukman, who we popularly call Oosa. But since I started, I have bought only six human skulls."

Olakunle claimed to have finished from the Lagos State University in February 2013 where he studied Accounting. He added that he financed his university education with proceeds from the sale of herbs and human parts.

Forty-year-old Oyebamiji who hails from Ibadan, Oyo State, also confessed to have sold human parts to many people.

He said, "I have been a trader at the Oja Oba Market for the past three years. It is not that I sell only human parts. However, each of the part I sold went for between N6,000 and N7,000. The supplier told me he was getting them from the cemetery. I have sold five to six pieces. I know it was wrong to do this, but I was looking for money."

For Opeyemi, who is a 51-year-old native doctor from Ikirun, Osun State, he bought the human parts to cure one of his patients in the past.

"I am an Alhaji and also a star reader. I had called prayers several times at a mosque in the Ajegunle. I used the human parts only once for the treatment of one of my patients. The boy was cured and I never bought human parts from anyone again," he said.

Wasiu, a 31-year-old native doctor from Sango Ota, Ogun State, said he bought two human skulls to prepare concoctions for women looking for children. Wasiu, who is married with four children, confessed to have bought each skull for N4,000.

A police source said SARS men were still continuing with their investigations, adding that the suspects had confessed, naming more human parts buyers who had yet to be arrested.

The Lagos State Police spokesperson, Ngozi Braide, said she would get back to our correspondent but she had yet to do so as of press time.
http://odili.net/news/source/2014/jun/26/824.html

Re: Some Good News From SW, After PDP Retook Ekiti by Francis5: 5:02pm On Jun 27, 2014
^^^^
See Oduduwa children killing and eating themselves

2 Likes

Re: Some Good News From SW, After PDP Retook Ekiti by Francis5: 5:03pm On Jun 27, 2014
Court remands 4 'Yahoo' boys over killing of couple in Ogun
Olayinka Olukoya-Abeokuta
Thursday, June 26, 2014

FOUR 'yahoo' boys, on Wednesday, were remanded in prison, on the order of an Ogun State High Court sitting in Isabo, for allegedly killing a couple, identified as Muraina and Sabiat Salami, in Owode-Egba area of the state.

The suspects were arraigned before the court on a 14-count charge bordering on attempted killing, unlawful killing, conspiracy and belonging to an unlawful society.

They were Kazeem Oseni (28), Saheed Akinyele (35), Idowu Oguntade (37) and Dotun Sobukola (33).

The prosecutor, Inspector Rotimi Adeniji, told the court that the accused persons committed the offence on August 7, 2013 between 7.00 p.m. and 8.00 p.m, in Owode-Egba area of Ogun State.

The court, however, refused to take the pleas of the accused persons, despite effort by their counsel, Ade Ogungbade and Anthony Bukola.

The Chief Judge, Olanrewaju Majekodunmi, however, ordered that the acussed should be kept in the prison pending legal advice from the office of the state, Director of Public Prosecutions.
http://odili.net/news/source/2014/jun/26/610.html
Re: Some Good News From SW, After PDP Retook Ekiti by ChrisOD: 7:16pm On Jun 27, 2014
This one na real good news grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Some Good News From SW, After PDP Retook Ekiti by Francis5: 11:59am On Jun 28, 2014
Duh!
Re: Some Good News From SW, After PDP Retook Ekiti by ba7man(m): 1:32pm On Jun 28, 2014
@Op. You might think your identity is protected behind that moniker to resume your bigotry but you'll be surprised how easy it is to locate people like you now.

Be careful or else "some people" might be paying you a visit soon.

Doubt at your own risk.

2 Likes

Re: Some Good News From SW, After PDP Retook Ekiti by Francis5: 7:44pm On Jun 28, 2014
ba7man: @Op. You might think your identity is protected behind that moniker to resume your bigotry but you'll be surprised how easy it is to locate people like you now.

Be careful or else "some people" might be paying you a visit soon.

Doubt at your own risk.

You a quite free to locate ur fada. Pls address the topic.
Re: Some Good News From SW, After PDP Retook Ekiti by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jun 28, 2014
After being in stifling hopeless nigerian for the past few weeks, I now understand why many nigerian youths and elders spend hours on nl to post ignorant stuff.

Before I thought it was hate, now I understand that joblessness caused it.

3 Likes

Re: Some Good News From SW, After PDP Retook Ekiti by udemzyudex(m): 9:52pm On Jun 28, 2014
you call this good news ? This op they smoke cow sh*t.......seriously

Mod please change the title of this thread..thanks
Re: Some Good News From SW, After PDP Retook Ekiti by ba7man(m): 10:34pm On Jun 28, 2014
Francis-1:

You a quite free to locate ur fada. Pls address the topic.
You have been warned.

1 Like

Re: Some Good News From SW, After PDP Retook Ekiti by Francis5: 12:01pm On Jun 30, 2014
ba7man: You have been warned.

By who? You?
Re: Some Good News From SW, After PDP Retook Ekiti by Francis5: 12:03pm On Jun 30, 2014
Ilekere: After being in stifling hopeless nigerian for the past few weeks, I now understand why many nigerian youths and elders spend hours on nl to post ignorant stuff.

Before I thought it was hate, now I understand that joblessness caused it.

Is Nigeria more stifling than Florida, at least this time?
Re: Some Good News From SW, After PDP Retook Ekiti by seunfly: 12:30pm On Jun 30, 2014
you want to start tribal war again? I hope people re mature enough not to make you achieve your aim. I also hope mods are at alart to do the right thing.

(1) (Reply)

Could Ekiti & Osun Masked Men Be Goodluck's Trained Snipers? (Photo) / It is well / Igbo And Niger Delta Struggle (boro Insurgency)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.