Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,588 members, 7,809,129 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:25 AM

Has Michael Babatunde Justified His Inclusion In Nigeria's Squad? - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Has Michael Babatunde Justified His Inclusion In Nigeria's Squad? (25096 Views)

Michael Babatunde Joins Dnipro / Babayaro Makes Fresh Case For Iheanacho’s Inclusion In Super Eagles / Nigeria Squad For Fifa Under-20 World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Has Michael Babatunde Justified His Inclusion In Nigeria's Squad? by Esdb(m): 7:09pm On Jun 27, 2014
moshudinho: yes, but he still hangs onto the ball for too long.. Pls who can explain what that thing with dada is doing in the teams camp
sme pple jst talk...is he nt human? Anyways that thing with dada is a fine player that has been to brazil before while u mr talentless will never leave the abule-egba u were born in.

Very soon that thing with dada will have a club signing to his name nd receive thousands of dollars per week while u will probably die on minimum wage....

1 Like

Re: Has Michael Babatunde Justified His Inclusion In Nigeria's Squad? by experimentist: 7:09pm On Jun 27, 2014
Yes he deed. I love the way he plays...
Re: Has Michael Babatunde Justified His Inclusion In Nigeria's Squad? by cheks22(m): 7:09pm On Jun 27, 2014
Welcome back nairaland!
Re: Has Michael Babatunde Justified His Inclusion In Nigeria's Squad? by vislabraye(m): 7:10pm On Jun 27, 2014
semid4lyfe:

With his performance against Bosnia and Argentina, has Michael Babatunde justified his inclusion in the Super Eagles World Cup Squad?

Personally, I think he has. . .he's extremely hardworking, marks, back tracks & support the midfield, shoots and crosses very well and is unselfish.

For me, he's been the revelation in the team and his absence will be felt against France.

What do you think?
. The guy has tried so far. So sad he's injured. One of his moves was selected as the 9th best skills display in this WC

1 Like

Re: Has Michael Babatunde Justified His Inclusion In Nigeria's Squad? by penny01502: 7:10pm On Jun 27, 2014
ammyluv2002: Both tongue tongue
na now i no say u no sabi better thing apart from brazilian hair, even d brazilian hair you no sabi d quality
Re: Has Michael Babatunde Justified His Inclusion In Nigeria's Squad? by Esdb(m): 7:11pm On Jun 27, 2014
Trail ii: Seriously... Yes he has... D guy is more versatile, fast on ball, good in decision making with ball, nd a workaholic... He is good upfront, nd sumtimes run back to defend... Compare to mose nd uchebo, he has done well... Super sport ranked him as 1 of d 10 most skillful player SO FAR at dis current worldcup
uchebo has nt been given playing time like babatunde...

1 Like

Re: Has Michael Babatunde Justified His Inclusion In Nigeria's Squad? by experimentist: 7:14pm On Jun 27, 2014
Esdb: sme pple jst talk...is he nt human? Anyways that thing with dada is a fine player that has been to brazil before while u mr talentless will never leave the abule-egba u were born in.

Very soon that thing with dada will have a club signing to his name nd receive thousands of dollars per week while u will probably die on minimum wage....
Shebi na Uchebo carry dada for head... D guy a try but him nuh too good like a dat. Joel Obi mek brain than him.. Nevertheless, he proly has the opportunity to show himself better..
Re: Has Michael Babatunde Justified His Inclusion In Nigeria's Squad? by ammyluv2002(f): 7:14pm On Jun 27, 2014
penny01502: na now i no say u no sabi better thing apart from brazilian hair, even d brazilian hair you no sabi d quality
undecided undecided undecided
Re: Has Michael Babatunde Justified His Inclusion In Nigeria's Squad? by naijanoni(m): 7:15pm On Jun 27, 2014
brownlord:

Please pray to God for forgiveness.
No mind the guy.
He probably watched his matches on Cool FM.
"Uchebo better than babatunde".
"Oshaniwa commited blunders".
Comparing ambrose(who was largely at fault for argentina's 1st goal) performance with Oshaniwa's.Our
Best Defender after omeruo is Oshaniwa.

7 Likes

Re: Has Michael Babatunde Justified His Inclusion In Nigeria's Squad? by naijanoni(m): 7:17pm On Jun 27, 2014
Babatunde has a world cup assist to his name.
Something Mikel,Onazi,Moses dont have.
He hasnt been spectacular,but he performed well above everybody's expectations.
Re: Has Michael Babatunde Justified His Inclusion In Nigeria's Squad? by Esdb(m): 7:18pm On Jun 27, 2014
experimentist: Shebi na Uchebo carry dada for head... D guy a try but him nuh too good like a dat. Joel Obi mek brain than him.. Nevertheless, he proly has the opportunity to show himself better..
that was hw u down played nd criticized babatunde nw u r praising him.
Re: Has Michael Babatunde Justified His Inclusion In Nigeria's Squad? by kolamilan(m): 7:25pm On Jun 27, 2014
penny01502: am sad cos my favorite african team is gone, as for the super eagle I don't have passion for them
you mean ghana?
Re: Has Michael Babatunde Justified His Inclusion In Nigeria's Squad? by penny01502: 7:25pm On Jun 27, 2014
Segadem: u want me to Suarez u?
oya go ahead,your four months ban on nairaland is waiting

I pity you
Re: Has Michael Babatunde Justified His Inclusion In Nigeria's Squad? by penny01502: 7:31pm On Jun 27, 2014
kolamilan: you mean ghana?
exactly
Re: Has Michael Babatunde Justified His Inclusion In Nigeria's Squad? by MrMac10(m): 7:36pm On Jun 27, 2014
Babatunde is still growing even at the ripe old age of 55
Re: Has Michael Babatunde Justified His Inclusion In Nigeria's Squad? by Kc3000: 7:38pm On Jun 27, 2014
Babatunde has been just okay. He had two things going for him; expectations were very low and the guy he replaced(Azeez) was downright awful. If we are looking for Nigerians that have been impressive we'll have to look at the likes of Emenike, Osaze, Omeruo, Enyeama and Musa for his efforts against Argentina.
Re: Has Michael Babatunde Justified His Inclusion In Nigeria's Squad? by badmuspeace(m): 7:41pm On Jun 27, 2014
Yes o.........we will really miss him, na wickmikel lazyobi for receive dat hot shocked shot!!
Re: Has Michael Babatunde Justified His Inclusion In Nigeria's Squad? by Nobody: 7:46pm On Jun 27, 2014
Yes ooo
Re: Has Michael Babatunde Justified His Inclusion In Nigeria's Squad? by timilehin007(m): 7:53pm On Jun 27, 2014
banega: Yes, if you ask mee? the quy dey try •
U dey madt at leat e no dry reach ur bonny yansh
Re: Has Michael Babatunde Justified His Inclusion In Nigeria's Squad? by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jun 27, 2014
initialize: We no fit miss am like we miss Nairaland. The time I was suppose to use to watch Nigerian match na him i take dey refresh my browser, hoping I will see the website wearing the green jersey
same here.. wink
Re: Has Michael Babatunde Justified His Inclusion In Nigeria's Squad? by teeboi73: 8:01pm On Jun 27, 2014
The guy is rated no 9th out 10 best dribbler (sic) in world cup so far. He has really justified his inclusion. Boy I missed Naira Land
Re: Has Michael Babatunde Justified His Inclusion In Nigeria's Squad? by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jun 27, 2014
He has justified it VERY WELL.
"better to die a hero that live long enough to become a villain"

maybe his injury is a blessing in disguise so he will leave as a hero. Then come back even stronger! Can't wait to see him back in SE
Re: Has Michael Babatunde Justified His Inclusion In Nigeria's Squad? by LLVelly: 8:02pm On Jun 27, 2014
Yes. Speed recovery to nairaland
Re: Has Michael Babatunde Justified His Inclusion In Nigeria's Squad? by victorazy(m): 8:03pm On Jun 27, 2014
He is good but no determination, player wey shot dey break hand grin drible fall and was begging for sub grin
Re: Has Michael Babatunde Justified His Inclusion In Nigeria's Squad? by nanospy007: 8:04pm On Jun 27, 2014
I think he was excellent in all the games we've played so far. He is the only 1 person who actually holds the ball and dribbles out of tight spaces only. He is not very pacey or physically strong but he can work on that but with his confident ball handling, he will be sorely missed going forward. A good team needs all kinds of players and skills set and in that attacking midfield, role he keeps the opposition busy which limits their time on the ball and attacking opportunities. Other than him, I can't see any other dribbler in the forward positions where you need them most, where they can get free kicks, penalties and cause the opposition a lot of trouble. After his ball handling probably comes Osaze but his dribbles are more because he can knock the ball into space and beat a defender with his space, same with Emenike who also uses his body so well, it is so hard for defenders to push him off the ball.

I hope his injured wrist can get better and if for nothing else, it is better the wrist is he problem rather than an elbow or any part of his legs or groin. I hope he can return but at this World Cup, it is almost impossible.

1 Like

Re: Has Michael Babatunde Justified His Inclusion In Nigeria's Squad? by nanospy007: 8:07pm On Jun 27, 2014
victorazy: He is good but no determination, player wey short dey break hand grin drible fall and was begging for sub grin

Use your empty brain phool! It was his wrist that was broken. Only if anyone in your family would earn what he does in a week or be named to play in a World Cup? Never!!
Re: Has Michael Babatunde Justified His Inclusion In Nigeria's Squad? by Princetammy: 8:08pm On Jun 27, 2014
gsalvatore: Oga how u take understand wetin I write no be my fault.

Did you hear me mention he is unprofessional?

Babatunde no get ball sense. He wants to prove he can play so badly that he plays nonsense.

Am even suprised people think he did wel...maybe its out of pity because of his hand.

He should go and rest joor.. Tomorow una go say Mikel play well...I wonder the TV you guy use.

Why are you trying hard to confuse yourself because the only person i see you convincing is you.
Op to the topic..Yes he has and i wished i could still watch more of him at this tournament.
Re: Has Michael Babatunde Justified His Inclusion In Nigeria's Squad? by justi4jesu(f): 8:08pm On Jun 27, 2014
colo$$u$:

Doh (sorry) sad

Tanx dear thats life..

We win some and lose some.. cry cry
Re: Has Michael Babatunde Justified His Inclusion In Nigeria's Squad? by experimentist: 8:09pm On Jun 27, 2014
Esdb: that was hw u down played nd criticized babatunde nw u r praising him.
ayam not among those dat downed him.. I didn't even know him before.. But for those 2 shot n some dribbles he made against Bosnia, I give him my support.. Shey u dig am?
Re: Has Michael Babatunde Justified His Inclusion In Nigeria's Squad? by jeski(m): 8:18pm On Jun 27, 2014
yes he has . he came and he signed his name
Re: Has Michael Babatunde Justified His Inclusion In Nigeria's Squad? by esoboy875(m): 8:27pm On Jun 27, 2014
Babatunde tried pass mikel, I wish him quick recovery.
Re: Has Michael Babatunde Justified His Inclusion In Nigeria's Squad? by defendedvictim(m): 8:40pm On Jun 27, 2014
bidexmat: abanidaro no vex o. na 1 dushbag dey critisize onazi shot on goal mistakenly deflected by babatunde. in... bt..wn, u b nurse?
Hehe..u for quote d guy na. I'm Nt a nurse anyway

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Asisat Oshoala Romped To Victory At The Women Champions League / AFCON: Uzoho Finally Looses His No. One Shirt To Stanley Nwabili Ex NPFL Player / Everton Completes The Signing Of Theo Walcott From Arsenal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.