Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,334 members, 7,808,180 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:12 AM

How Did You Come Across Naira Land For The First Time - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Did You Come Across Naira Land For The First Time (1862 Views)

How Did You Come To Know Nairaland / How Did You Know Your Partner Was 'The One' ?? / How Did You Feel The First Time You Became A Father? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did You Come Across Naira Land For The First Time by egopersonified(f): 5:35pm On Jul 08, 2014
I wonder y this thread hasnt made fp, abi seun u dont want to know how we got here?
Re: How Did You Come Across Naira Land For The First Time by Smartsyn(m): 6:54pm On Jul 08, 2014
my coursemate in school introduced me to Nairaland way back in 2010, I became a guest for 3 yrs before I registered.
Re: How Did You Come Across Naira Land For The First Time by Swash042(m): 1:27pm On Jul 18, 2014
Thru a newspaper around 2008/2009...."d story on d newspaper was abt a guy dat was caught using ATM card to stole money from peoples' bnk accts. so he confessed dat he met a guy, whom taught him hw to do it,on nairaland.com".....since then I hv been a guest until last year August.
Re: How Did You Come Across Naira Land For The First Time by Maybellyne(f): 4:18pm On Jul 18, 2014
My uncle was telling me about online forums back in 2008 and mentioned NL; but it really didn't make so much sense to me. I was sort of bored on my birthday in 2010 during my NYSC. So, I signed up on NL and it's been cool since then.
Re: How Did You Come Across Naira Land For The First Time by BigMoneyeye: 12:46am On Sep 09, 2021
GboyegaD:
I got to know about the site through google in 2007 and registered in 2008.
awesome...
Re: How Did You Come Across Naira Land For The First Time by BigMoneyeye: 12:48am On Sep 09, 2021
Swash042:
Thru a newspaper around 2008/2009...."d story on d newspaper was abt a guy dat was caught using ATM card to stole money from peoples' bnk accts. so he confessed dat he met a guy, whom taught him hw to do it,on nairaland.com".....since then I hv been a guest until last year August.

grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Did You Come Across Naira Land For The First Time by Richy4(m): 5:47am On Sep 09, 2021
I heard of Nairaland during Nigerian independence day party in 2009... Someone said he was going home to Nigeria during Xmas. That he was going to Nairaland..

we all congratulated him since most of us on that table were students then.. some things led to another and a guy from our table told us about a nice forum called Nairaland... That we should try it out if we wants to laugh about funny Nigerian comments that will make us feel like we were in Nigeria... So I tried it as a guest till 2011 when I decided to register..

I can never forget the first thread that got me hooked up on Nairaland.. it was called wooing challenge or pickup challenge.. I can't remember the title again.. the rules was to pick up a lady or gent u admire here on Nairaland...use any language of your choice.. mention the person's name.. and say what U have to say...
The terrible pickup lines I read was enough to make Buhari leave office willingly.. the whole thing was so funny.. but the best part was there was no insults... Just people having great time on a forum..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Did You Come Across Naira Land For The First Time by Pineapplelove: 8:26am On Sep 09, 2021
Richy4:
I heard of Nairaland during Nigerian independence day party in 2009... S
The terrible pickup lines I read was enough to make Buhari leave office willingly.. the whole thing was so funny.. but the best part was there was no insults... Just people having great time on a forum..

I have been on nairaland as a guest since 2008 when I was registering for jamb at the cafe. I found a post that had to do with electricity and I love to fix anything electrical. So I signed up. Along the way I forgot my login.

About the insults on nairaland, it's because alot of folks now have access to the Internet compared to back then.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Come Across Naira Land For The First Time by Demigod22: 9:40am On Sep 09, 2021
A friend introduced me to nairaland, he said since I love reading I should try it out, but I was never disappointed.
Re: How Did You Come Across Naira Land For The First Time by Richy4(m): 9:45am On Sep 09, 2021
Pineapplelove:

I have been on nairaland as a guest since 2008 when I was registering for jamb at the cafe. I found a post that had to do with electricity and I love to fix anything electrical. So I signed up. Along the way I forgot my login.

About the insults on nairaland, it's because alot of folks now have access to the Internet compared to back then.

You are 100% correct.. it was like it was meant for workers that can afford smart phones and internet.

The quality of advice given those days were so matured and precise... The current gender war between male and female, tribal wars were all new and foreign... Even if there were tribalism, it was 0.01%.

Remember the good old days Political section, the kind of article that used to be on it, the writers might give newspapers editors a run for their money

Nowadays, we see nothing but gender based war.. Tribal war... People can't give advice based on reality... They channel it based on gender and tribe... many can't even air their opinion anymore to avoid being insulted by kids..

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Results ; Christmas Giveaway For Single Mothers / Am Impotent / What Do Working Parents Do With Thier Kids During Summer Hols

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.