Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,116 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:49 PM

Osun State University (uniosun) 2014/2015 Post Utme/admission Thread - Education (153) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Osun State University (uniosun) 2014/2015 Post Utme/admission Thread (234009 Views)

Osun State University (uniosun) 2015/2016 Post Utme/admission Thread / A.B.U Zaria 2014/2015 Admission Thread / Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) ... (165) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2014/2015 Post Utme/admission Thread by demilove(f): 9:38pm On Nov 20, 2014
fineyemi:
A new list will b out soon. Am cocksure abt it. Just get ur acceptance fee ready.
soon as wen? Tomorrow? Next week? Next month? next year? Please wen precisely ?? Cus me am tired of UNIOSUN
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2014/2015 Post Utme/admission Thread by demilove(f): 9:39pm On Nov 20, 2014
fineyemi:
LATEST ON IKIRE RESUMPTION.
The Deputy Vice-Chancellor, Osun State
University,Professor Siyan Oyeweso, has said that the institution's Faculty of Arts and Humanities, Ikire Campus, would soon be
reopened as the faculty resumption process is 97 percent completed.
The DVC said this today at the University's main campus, Osogbo, the state
capital, while playing host to representatives of the faculty students led by Adepoju Siji Samson and Abubakar Abdul-Basit.
According to him, the state government was involved in the closure of the campus on 16th of August, 2014 and if everything is put in place tomorrow, the can would be reopened. Speaking further, he noted that the school's management and the
state government are passionate about
reopening of the campus because the students are important in the academic
community. "The Vice-Chancellor (Prof. Basihr Okesina), council and others are not delaying. Itsonly for the government to decided. In fact, as we speak, the VC is not
around, because of your resumption." He told the students.
The marathon meeting started around 11:40 am at the office of the University's Dean of
Students Affairs, Dr. Bolaji Omitola
who having listened to the students' grievances for close to two hours, vowed to work on matters arising and
ushered the students to the office of
the DVC, Prof. Oyeweso around 2pm. The meeting was concluded around
4:00 pm. Apart from the resumption saga, issues raised by the students revolved around electricity, bus taxation, insecurity,
ambulance service, Information and Communication Technology related crisis among others.
On bus taxation, the DVC said that the
management would see to it. He added that the school buses are for the students and
would be released for any academic activities by registered associations on the campus. He
however admonished the students'
headship to be organised in its dealings and
always lawfully seek approval of the management whenever they need to
use the school bus. "Learn to be organised. Its all about leadership.
Whatever you want to do, planing is very important. You can not use the University's bus without lawful authority", he said. While pointing out that the campus was once a big family, Prof. Oyeweso tasked entire students of the faculty to beware of professional students.
"What is wrong with Ikire campus?
The campus was one big family. Don't you think something is wrong somewhere? You have to beware of professional students. Those who come to the school for some
other purposes. How many of Ikire students have won scholarship? Do youeven know that the
scholarships are open to you all? He compassionately queried, noting that all that is needed by the students is to face their studies seriously and excel.
On ICT, he said that the crisis cut across other campuses of the University, and that it has to do with the service provider
who failed to provide enabling service which
they pledged to provide. Also, he added that the management is working
to ensure that the crisis is resolved and prayed the students to invest in their
lives. "Reduce the money you spend on recharge cards. Get a personal
modem and stay connected beyond limit.
The world
is on your laptop." He said, stressing that poor power supply in Ikire is another bane on the ICT.
However, he admitted that the students have
valid case on ambulance service and assured the students that the crisis related to the service would be addressed by the school's management in earnest. On works and environmental sanitation, the DVC advised that the best thing for the students is to
cultivate hygienic habits. The students were also charged to work on environmental
consciousness and always address the
school's cleaners politely when their services are need. Lamenting the attitude of
the faculty students toward payment of school fees and course registration, he said that many students claimed to be in 400level but the last time they paid their school fees was at 200level. His words, "you are all advised to pay your school fees and perfect
your registration at the appropriate time. 25 out of the part four students in
History and International Studies Department would not graduate because
they haven't pay their school fees." In his submission, he explained that Ikire
campus is not a secondary school and that the school's management would ensure that colloquans are held regularly on the campus
to always get the grievances of the
students. Earlier at his office, the DSA, Dr. Bolaji Omitola called on the students
community to be their brothers keepers and
cooperate with the management to expose the bad eggs. He also disclosed that the University is different from
others in character and learning and urged the students to always be good ambassadors of the school.
His words,"things are going to change. The
management are also parents. They do not want to jeopardise any student's future. Our doors are open to the students, do not feel that we won't listen to you" "Students are the most import in the University.
From my interaction with the VC, I can tell you that the school is planing to introduce separate calender for Ikire Campus. I belief
that the calender is at your own favour so that your won't loss much"
He also revealed that the new in take students would not in anyway be punished or suffer from the incident just as he
stressed that it is not only the University that is concerned about the protracted crisis in Ikire campus. "Even in heaven, there's order. It is not only the University that is
concerned with the matter, the government is also involved"
"Efforts are on going to get the campus reopened. By the time you are coming in, the
management would have decided how
much you are going to pay
as damages. I won't like to say something that is not generally acceptable.
Another interesting thing is that the VC has resolved the issue of annual leave. So it is nothing toworry about." he concluded before passionately ushering the students'
delegate to the office of DVC.
Meanwhile, according to a source, the state governor Mr. Rauf Aregbesola had asked the
management to put some undisclosed
requirements in place and the management in its bid to get the campus reopened had sent a letter to the governor which was
yesterday addressed by the state deputy governor Mrs. Titi-laoye Tomori and passed on to the state House of Assembly. The
House of Assembly is expected to have
deliberated on the matter today....
yes we have seen this since LST week Thursday
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2014/2015 Post Utme/admission Thread by tommy10: 12:39am On Nov 21, 2014
Please o.. House is dere anything new bout our resumption??.. I mean ikire campus.. This whole shii is really pissing nd becoming unbearable.. They should just let us know if we are to resume next year or something .. Instead of just allowing to stress ourselves by hoping to resume this month/year.. Urgent response will be appreciated! Olohun!
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2014/2015 Post Utme/admission Thread by busayhour(m): 7:16am On Nov 21, 2014
demilove:
soon as wen? Tomorrow? Next week? Next month? next year? Please wen precisely ?? Cus me am tired of UNIOSUN
Never give up
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2014/2015 Post Utme/admission Thread by bhunmmie(f): 7:45am On Nov 21, 2014
busayhour:
Never give up
me don giv up..i don gv out...gv away...
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2014/2015 Post Utme/admission Thread by demilove(f): 7:46am On Nov 21, 2014
bhunmmie:

me don giv up..i don gv out...gv away...
lolzzzzz #truetalk
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2014/2015 Post Utme/admission Thread by demilove(f): 7:49am On Nov 21, 2014
tommy10:
Please o.. House is dere anything new bout our resumption??.. I mean ikire campus.. This whole shii is really pissing nd becoming unbearable.. They should just let us know if we are to resume next year or something .. Instead of just allowing to stress ourselves by hoping to resume this month/year.. Urgent response will be appreciated! Olohun!
lolzzz it seems Ur new here?? Cus if u not then u must have read of how I was and have bin complaining siiiiiiinnnnnncccccceeeeeeeee!! I have tire oooo Jah knows! It have tire me!
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2014/2015 Post Utme/admission Thread by bukie26(f): 8:50am On Nov 21, 2014
This not fair o..y can't u guys jus ans my question na
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2014/2015 Post Utme/admission Thread by Bukkiminat(f): 9:47am On Nov 21, 2014
bukie26:
good day. pls is d predegree program still on goin

yap,they shud av started registration or abt 2
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2014/2015 Post Utme/admission Thread by bukie26(f): 10:10am On Nov 21, 2014
Tnx..pls I heard its supplementary admission. Any idea wen its closin?
Bukkiminat:

Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2014/2015 Post Utme/admission Thread by yetunsbay(m): 10:21am On Nov 21, 2014
bukie26:
pls visit d web
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2014/2015 Post Utme/admission Thread by yetunsbay(m): 10:22am On Nov 21, 2014
Bukkiminat:

in Okuku...they hv
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2014/2015 Post Utme/admission Thread by bhunmmie(f): 10:42am On Nov 21, 2014
it is welllll.......vc never com back ni?
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2014/2015 Post Utme/admission Thread by fineyemi(m): 2:04pm On Nov 21, 2014
bukie26:
good day. pls is d predegree program still on goin
Yeah boss
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2014/2015 Post Utme/admission Thread by fineyemi(m): 2:08pm On Nov 21, 2014
Urggggggh! Dis demilove gal sef. D list will b out precisely nextwik by d grace of God. And to all waitin....ur names will surely b on dis 1.
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2014/2015 Post Utme/admission Thread by kingjms010(m): 2:20pm On Nov 21, 2014
Please, wen going 4 the medical test, wat should I take along, and is it necessary for me to pay my tuition fee 1st?
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2014/2015 Post Utme/admission Thread by demilove(f): 2:37pm On Nov 21, 2014
fineyemi:
Urggggggh! Dis demilove gal sef. D list will b out precisely nextwik by d grace of God. And to all waitin....ur names will surely b on dis 1.
grin grin lolzzz that's y u love me!! Buh are u sure its next week? Cus next week can last for a really Long time! It can take up to 1 month! U know cus according to wat I have seen? U can't predict UNIOSUN
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2014/2015 Post Utme/admission Thread by fineyemi(m): 4:07pm On Nov 21, 2014
demilove:
grin grin lolzzz that's y u love me!! Buh are u sure its next week? Cus next week can last for a really Long time! It can take up to 1 month! U know cus according to wat I have seen? U can't predict UNIOSUN
If uniosun release d list nextwik, Send me an airtime credit to dis mail fineyemi@gmail.com else, u don't nid to.
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2014/2015 Post Utme/admission Thread by Bukkiminat(f): 5:04pm On Nov 21, 2014
bukie26:

yap,sure dre z supplementary admission...bt i have no idea abt t...u can visit their website www.uniosun.edu.ng.....u will c d link 2 Predegree programme....
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2014/2015 Post Utme/admission Thread by bukie26(f): 8:07pm On Nov 21, 2014
Tnx
Bukkiminat:

yap,sure dre z supplementary admission...bt i have no idea abt t...u can visit their website www.uniosun.edu.ng.....u will c d link 2 Predegree programme....
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2014/2015 Post Utme/admission Thread by ajibolag(m): 7:52am On Nov 22, 2014
Is it tru dat d.e candidates will ave 2 offer some courses with the 100lvl?
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2014/2015 Post Utme/admission Thread by deewann(m): 8:42am On Nov 22, 2014
hello peeps...fhanx for the concern md care.....no more waitin for uniosun....bkos av gain admission into lasu.....bye friendshello peeps...fhanx for the concern md care.....no more waitin for uniosun....bkos av gain admission into lasu.....bye friendshello peeps...fhanx for the concern md care.....no more waitin for uniosun....bkos av gain admission into lasu.....bye friends
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2014/2015 Post Utme/admission Thread by hero10(m): 8:59am On Nov 22, 2014
ajibolag:
Is it tru dat d.e candidates will ave 2 offer some courses with the 100lvl?
yea courses like CIT and LIB
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2014/2015 Post Utme/admission Thread by demilove(f): 9:54am On Nov 22, 2014
fineyemi:
If uniosun release d list nextwik, Send me an airtime credit to dis mail fineyemi@gmail.com else, u don't nid to.
we will see about that not only the new list Buh also ikires resumption date!
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2014/2015 Post Utme/admission Thread by ajibolag(m): 10:28am On Nov 22, 2014
hero10:
.will it affect d courses sumone has to offer in 200.i mean d course unit u can take per semester
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2014/2015 Post Utme/admission Thread by hero10(m): 1:53pm On Nov 22, 2014
ajibolag:
.will it affect d courses sumone has to offer in 200.i mean d course unit u can take per semester
nah, it depends on ur department course unit
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2014/2015 Post Utme/admission Thread by kingjms010(m): 4:54pm On Nov 22, 2014
Any JW.ORG here?
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2014/2015 Post Utme/admission Thread by Nobody: 5:03pm On Nov 22, 2014
i have been cleared since monday and my portal is not opening yet.pls what can i do?
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2014/2015 Post Utme/admission Thread by RETROSHAWTY(f): 6:56pm On Nov 22, 2014
hero10:
with Gns 101
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2014/2015 Post Utme/admission Thread by 10kgod(m): 7:08pm On Nov 22, 2014
Any JW.ORG here?

nay, but i wish to belongs oooooo.... pls reply me urgently. whatsapp and calling; 08102780764
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2014/2015 Post Utme/admission Thread by demilove(f): 7:23pm On Nov 22, 2014
kingjms010:
Any JW.ORG here?
JW.ORG is a website Naa
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2014/2015 Post Utme/admission Thread by HOREMBEE(m): 7:50pm On Nov 22, 2014
pls i wnt to choose uniosun 4 nxt year jamb,am an indigene,i wnt to ask is electrical engineering very competitive?cos that d course i wnt to do,nd lastly i want to use two sitting for my o'level,wil it affect my chances

(1) (2) (3) ... (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) ... (165) (Reply)

Am Having Issues With Wes / Nigerian Defence Academy : Apply For Addmission Now / FUTMINNA ADMISSION.. THREAD 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.