Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,093 members, 7,807,269 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:47 AM

Roomates - Literature (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Roomates (71996 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Roomates by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jun 24, 2015
lenmafon:
o shelwa am so glad u re back afta the 'lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng break'.:i hope whatever kept u away was successful? welcome back and how i missed u. kiss kiss kiss kiss

God bless sis. I missed you more though
Re: Roomates by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jun 24, 2015
harjibolar10:
I don dey forget this story small small oo... Make I kia kia catch up, before I proceed

BTW, welcome back ma'am

Na so. Thanks for reading
Re: Roomates by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jun 24, 2015
lovingangel:
Welc back n tanx for d update
Thanks sis. Welcome on board
Re: Roomates by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jun 24, 2015
princesssusan:
Welkum bck o

Ma'am I have missed you o. And thanks for nt hitting me afta daht loooong break
Re: Roomates by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jun 24, 2015
labaski:
Babe, pls don't tell me u v abandoned dis story.. pls don't abandone it o.. eager to know what happened to d room mates at last..

cc:Omoshelwa
just be patient with me ma'am
Re: Roomates by Galaxdiva(f): 6:48pm On Jun 29, 2015
We are patiently waiting...pls drop some update for us...we are starving already...
Cc: Omoshelwa
Re: Roomates by uniqueflash(m): 11:31am On Jun 30, 2015
bibie01:
Nice story shelwa, was reading it before nairaland's rapture. N am back now, I really love d display of d characters, u gave vivid description that helps us in visualizing them.

But I cudnt help noticing the fact that jolade's roommates did not show any sign of surprise at the magnitude of jolade's house, knowing fully well that she lived a very low profile life in school. It was supposed to have been a shocker to them.

Anyway, keep up d good work n keep d updates coming...thank you.
u just say wat i had in mind
Re: Roomates by Weirdman: 5:48pm On Jul 01, 2015
Nice story more grease to your elbow....pls keep em coming!!!
Re: Roomates by ideatoprince18(m): 11:23pm On Jul 01, 2015
nice story....never believed a girly story would enchant me like this......shalewa u are a dynamite
Re: Roomates by topspicy(f): 8:23pm On Jul 02, 2015
Nice story,just came across it today and couldn't help bt read it to the end.
Re: Roomates by labaski(f): 7:00pm On Aug 09, 2015
too many unfinished stores on my followed topics.. I'm unfollowing right away. u can mention me when u continue.. thanks..
Re: Roomates by HDoc(m): 1:08pm On Aug 10, 2015
Good but yet to b completed.

1 Like

Re: Roomates by Babham(m): 9:10am On Aug 11, 2015
Bros abeg,...create space i wan sit in the front
Re: Roomates by Nobody: 7:14pm On Aug 12, 2015
Waiting 4 d nxt update
Re: Roomates by uchestty: 9:15pm On Aug 24, 2015
hi please how do I get the complete story of roommate.
Re: Roomates by Nobody: 11:38pm On Sep 01, 2015
Bolajoko Cynthia
I just realized that some situations makes you feel depressed and frustrated and sad even though you try to stay strong to accept whatever challenges you are going through. Those situations just succeed in bringing down your pride and ego and you just have to bend to reality and accept whatever fate welcomes you. Such is the situation in which I find myself. Staying here, in this room, my skin on the extremely hot floor (in the day which is also extremely cold at night) makes me sick. Having to sit down and do nothing about my freedom portrayed me a weakling who depends on Mike’s uncertain promise of securing my freedom. Even though Mike claimed he is working towards my freedom, I see no improvement in my situation. It just seemed to worsen. I had lost count of days I had spent here because there are days I just lay on the floor counting my fingers or doing anything that appears interesting to make the time pass quickly feeling optimistic something good is going to happen soon. But then whatever good was going to happen is taking longer than I expected and I couldn’t take it anymore. I knew if I don’t fight for my freedom, this very room might be my grave and that got me panicking on the realization that I might die soon. Even though I hate to admit it, it was so obvious I was scared of death and I regretted the day I went in search of Femi in that house where I was knocked out.
I wasn’t thinking straight anymore and it felt as though I was losing my mind as I do crazy things these days. Sometimes I just look up at the floor for hours not blinking an eye or just cry my eyes sour when nobody is near or just laugh when I feel like crying but someone is keeping an eye on me. I looked like a freak and smell like one too. If that’s not madness then it’s something similar to it. And talking about staying fresh and clean, I think I’ve forgotten how to bath. I was not offered the luxury of brushing and mind you, my mind forgot to drive in that direction nor was I bothered about that either. All I think about is my freedom and I know if I get that, I might sleep and even have my breakfast in the bathroom if I want to. I know I’m going to get that F word one of these days though even if it means someone has to get hurt. I have my plans carefully hatched and there was no stopping me.
Ivy came in with a plate of rice in one hand, a cup of water in another and a cigarette hanging between her lips. She dropped the plate on the floor before me, spilling some grains on the floor making the spoon in the rice fell on the ground and not minding the mess she made. I acted like I didn’t see her and she did the same. I lay where I was looking at the floor while she smoked like I wasn’t there. The heat in the room became intense after a while due to the smoke she emitted. She walked out of the room and I could hear the rustling key in the key hole. When she was gone, I sat down, my legs crossed like a meditating Buddhist and stared like the food like it was the root of all my problems. The rice was a white rice with a clump of stew which has changed its position in the centre of the rice to the side because of Ivy’s brutal way of dropping it. There was nothing new to stare at in the room so I stared at the rice like it held a clue to my freedom. Then an idea popped into my head.
I picked up the spoon on the floor with one hand and the cup of water with another. Then went to the door and pulled the door handle slightly.
‘Hey b*tch, trying to escape?’ Ivy’s voice echoed on the other end. I was grateful she was there
‘I need water or do you want me to choke on the poison you gave me!’ I screamed back at her placing my back on the wall beside the door
‘Water? What happened to the one I gave you now?’
‘I already drank that! When was the last time you gave me water? It should be up to 8 hours now and you expect me not to feel thirsty? You are pathetic’
‘B*tch, I’m giving you no water. Die if you want to’
My heart sank at what she said
‘I would scream if you don’t give me the water.’
‘Like anyone would hear you. I would like to see you scream. You can scream your pharynx out. Nobody cares.’ It was apparent she wasn’t changing her mind but I still stood behind the door anyway. I felt like crying but something held me back. This is not the right time to cry or shower yourself with self-pity. Those two will get you nowhere. You can cry all you want when you are out of here. After some minutes, I could hear the rustling of key in the key hole and I held the items in my hand rather firmly waiting for the worst. My heart thumped as Ivy struggled with the key and the door. Then the door gave way and immediately, I aimed the water right in Ivy’s face, and I succeeded in letting her lose her sight for a while because she was totally dazed. Before she could regain that, I hit her very hard on the head, I couldn’t believe my own strength when Ivy limply struggled with me. She held my body tightly to hers and that nearly snuffed life out of. I couldn’t get my hands free in the war like embrace and we were both breathing out heat as we both writhed. I know I have to get my hands free before she regains her strength. I struggled to get the hand that held the spoon free with all my might but I couldn’t just do it. Then with one heavy kick on her legs, her grip slackened and I got my hands free I plunged the spoon I had been holding into the flesh of her neck with one heavy blow then gave her a striking blow on the head. She fell flatly on the ground and I could see blood tickling from the hole I made in her neck, I quickly dropped the spoon which has been stained with blood in fear that I had murdered someone but I didn’t just care anymore. I looked at the open door and I could see freedom smiling at me. I looked outside and what I saw baffled me. The room where I was in was the only half-completed part of the whole uncompleted house and it was located in the middle of the uncompleted building. Only the windows made me see this as all the rooms has doors. I saw no exit. There were several bushes around the building itself. I wonder where the guys were keeping Femi as I don’t see any enclosed place aside from where I just escaped from but I was going to look around anyway. I kept looking sideways as if invisible eyes were watching me. I knew I would do anything not to get spotted. I made for the adjacent door after locking the door behind me with the key. I peeped though the keyhole of the room and saw nobody. So I slightly pulled the door knob and went into the room and what I saw there almost made my heart jump out. There was a white shirt drenched in blood and there was a skull. Femi wasn’t there. When I was coming out of the room, I saw Mike.
‘How did you?....’
‘I escaped. Ivy is wounded. Where is Femi?’
‘I don’t know. He isn’t here.’ Mike said his mouth still hanging open
‘Help me out of here’
‘I can’t.’
‘Why’ I asked surprised
‘Some guys are out there keeping watch.’
‘I thought you said you’d help me!’ I said feeling betrayed
‘I said I would but not this way. I won’t do it this way at the expense of our lives.’
‘Mike?’ I heard a hefty voice from behind me and I trembled at the deep voice. I knew I was in for it. I looked back and what I saw baffled me. At the end of the passage was a guy holding the door ajar. He was a horrid looking guy and the best description for him is just to call him the devil. He had a long scar that shone even at the distance. This must be the Leo they were all talking about.
‘You were going to help her escape?’ he said with disappointment and betrayal laden voice. He closed the door behind him and charged towards us. I wasn’t going to get caught. I heard my heart scream
‘Run’ Mike said and yanked me by the wrist. He was leading me to some place but I can’t tell which direction. We opened doors after doors and we kept going into one room after the other. When Mike opened the last door, I could see sunlight and I knew we made it but the next thing I saw just as I saw the beam of sunlight was Mike on the floor, eyes shut tightly after giving a painful groan. When I looked up, I saw a fair huge guy with a gun. He had knocked Mike with the butt of his gun. I knew this wasn’t just my day to escape I felt an aching blow at my forehead as I slowly fell over Mike’s body. My eyes closed then opened slowly again then it shut finally.

2 Likes

Re: Roomates by Nobody: 11:41pm On Sep 01, 2015
Babham:
Bros abeg,...create space i wan sit in the front
welcome smiley
Re: Roomates by Nobody: 11:42pm On Sep 01, 2015
HDoc:
Good but yet to b completed.
you are welcom sir
Re: Roomates by Nobody: 11:43pm On Sep 01, 2015
Maggielovely:
Waiting 4 d nxt update
here it is dear
Re: Roomates by Nobody: 11:44pm On Sep 01, 2015
Galaxdiva:
We are patiently waiting...pls drop some update for us...we are starving already...
Cc: Omoshelwa
ma'am here it is
Re: Roomates by Nobody: 12:28am On Sep 02, 2015
Finally
Re: Roomates by Nobody: 11:10am On Sep 02, 2015
Mattkent:
Finally
thanks for being here
Re: Roomates by aao: 2:01pm On Sep 02, 2015
welcome back hun
Re: Roomates by princesssusan(f): 4:49pm On Sep 02, 2015
kwantinio
Re: Roomates by Nobody: 5:08pm On Sep 02, 2015
aao:
welcome back hun
m glad u here sis

1 Like

Re: Roomates by Nobody: 5:09pm On Sep 02, 2015
princesssusan:
kwantinio
ma sista, Welcome
Re: Roomates by Nobody: 5:33pm On Sep 02, 2015
omoshelwa:
here it is dear
Thanks....
Re: Roomates by sod09(m): 6:03pm On Sep 02, 2015
Phew!!!!
At last
Nice story
Re: Roomates by topspicy(f): 7:03pm On Sep 02, 2015
Its nice having you back
Re: Roomates by harjibolar10(m): 11:20pm On Sep 02, 2015
omoshelwa:

thanks for being here
have you come to stay, or......?
Re: Roomates by HDoc(m): 7:34am On Sep 14, 2015
Ok wlcm bak.
Re: Roomates by Nobody: 8:46am On Sep 14, 2015
omoshelwa:
thanks for being here
Busy or letting go ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Adventure With The Slay Queen's / The Abandoned Child / Mended Hearts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.