Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,416 members, 7,781,205 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:38 AM

Restless...story Of A Survivor. - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Restless...story Of A Survivor. (54834 Views)

The Last Wolf Series : The Forgotten Mate (December 2015 Story of the Month) / Love Story Of A Unilag Babe And Bus Conductor / Story Of A Cancer Survivor (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by chuzor73(m): 3:44pm On Oct 08, 2014
Without prejudice one of d best stories ve read on NL.thanks and God bless u

1 Like

Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by DOMAWOLEYE(m): 5:20pm On Oct 08, 2014
Guy, i am blushing grin
chuzor73:
Without prejudice one of d best stories ve read on NL.thanks and God bless u

Guy, i am blushing. thanks a lot.
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by bibie01(f): 5:47pm On Oct 08, 2014
I'm so happy for aunty Carol, God has smiled on her. Lovely story n thanks for the update.
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by DOMAWOLEYE(m): 11:04am On Oct 09, 2014
Baba, once again picked, tossed and flipped his beads, he touched each piece of cowry on the bead talking to no one in particular, he looked at Cordellia straight in the eyes, Cordellia shifted closer to me visibly scared, she knew it was her turn, and with the way Baba stares, you would feel he is seeing your unclothedness, you would not know what has been revealed to him, so naturally you will be struck with “Fear of the unknown”

Beautiful woman! Fair Princess!..... You have to let go! If you do not let go, he will kill your husband! Baba spat out still staring at Cordellia with his face expressionless.
Let your husband protect you; let him regain his self-esteem with you while in bed. As long as you still see him and you still have sexual relationship together, you can never have a Child for your husband. I hope you know what I am talking about? Baba asked.
No o! I said, Baba she doesn’t understand!
I I stared at Cordellia with awe and surprise because she could not even defend herself, to the best of my knowledge, Cordellia is a very faithful Woman and her Childlessness after several years of marriage bothers all of us, Baba, I think has failed us this time. Baba did not bat an eye lid as he continued to stare at Cordellia.

Yes sir! She said, I understand what you are talking about. Baba then said:When you get back to your home, you should change the position of your Bed, change all your beddings and night Gowns to white coloured materials and when you sleep, sleep with the lights on. Always pray before you sleep and keep your Bible by your bed side, and stop looking forward to the sweet experience of making love to him in your sleep, it is you that has kept encouraging him and as such it is only you that can stop him.

The earlier you take a bold decision on this, the better for you because it is revealed to me that your husband has royalty around him.
I interjected her, Baba, i said: Her husband is the heir to the throne of Isuikwuato kingship. Baba continued, So you can imagine how important it is for him to have Children, especially Sons. Failure for him to have Sons will deny him or his lineage succession the throne. Your husband is an only Son, so you risk sharing your husband with another Woman in the palace if you keep on frolicking with your spirit husband!

I looked at my friend, so Cordellia has a spirit husband all this while? Yet she kept complaining of her inability to get pregnant? She even told me that her husband does not help matters and had refused to seek medical help! Wonders shall never cease, she just sat there in shame, and I know she is feeling so exposed and dirty.

Your spirit Mam hates to see your husband lying by your side in bed, he gets mad when he comes around and finds your husband making love to you, and do you know what he does? Baba asked and continued before Cordellia could answer: he lies on your husband, making him heavy! Your husband would not be able to move freely and he easily gets exhausted! On the other hand, you would be feeling unnecessary weight from your husband, you will be feeling choked because of this weight thus you do not enjoy sexual relationship with him at all.

Cordellia raised her hands to her head, pulled off her hat and started pulling on her wig, Baba it is true o! ye! ye! ye! I am dead! She wailed. When your husband fails to satisfy you, Baba continued: you naturally willed your Spirit husband to take his place and fill the gap and this he does readily. Your husband thinks he has a problem with you, and you as a Doctor, should help him out but you never mentioned it to him, he does not feel like a man when he is with you, that is why he is now seeking solace in the hands of another woman whom he can satisfy and with whom sexual relationship is wonderful. My dear, your husband now knows he does not have any problem!

Ye! Mama shouted: wahala wa o! There is problem o! She got up and excused herself to the convenience in the sitting room, I got up and followed her too as I was pressed at that instance but I stopped in my track when Cordellia shouted: What?.... What is the problem? Baba asked: are you deaf? Or have you not heard all I have said here? Are they false? I stood there undecided while my bladder was threatening to burst. I can’t just believe he will cheat of me, I can’t believe he can do this to me, my friend said crying. I ran into the convenience as mummy came out, I had barely pull down my undies when my bladder gave out it content, drenching my pants and skirts.

I came out drenched as I scurried back to take my sitting position, junior was staring at my drenched skirt, I squinted at him and sat down to hear Baba saying: Can you hear yourself talk? Can you? You pushed him to it in the first place, secondly you have been making out with a man all your life even on your matrimonial bed and with your husband sleeping foolishly right by your side! Now you complain that he is cheating you! Are you normal at all?
Who deflowered you? Is it your husband? is it not this same spirit man, the first day he slept with you, did you not wake up to see blood stain on your pants? So what are you talking about being cheated on? Listen to me my dear woman, your husband will take a second wife sooner than you know it, and you just wait till this woman gets pregnant!
God forbid! Cordellia shouted: Baba, please help me! Save my marriage! Please sir, I cannot afford to share my husband, Mama please help me to beg, please! She begged, I never knew it is as serious as this sir, Derby are you looking at me? I am sorry I might have disappointed you but I feel it is a normal thing nah, every one dream of having sexual intercourse nah! How could I have known it is a spirit man!

Shut up your mouth! Baba scolded. You dream of making love to a particular man always, and when you make out you feel physically exhausted, you even clean up semen when you wake up to urinate early in the morning and you say you do not know it has serious implications. If I tell you all that Ifa has revealed to me here you will not leave here today for fear. But for the sake of those who brought you here, I will ask for the way forward from ifa. Thank you sir! Thank you God bless you sir! My friend thanked.

I would have given you something to be putting under your pillow but your husband would not understand. You should open up your heart and enjoy sex with your husband and stop looking forward to enjoying sex with the man in your dream, change your beddings as I have told you earlier, I will prepare a cream for you to be applying before you sleep, this will scare him off, you will stop using the cream once you become pregnant. He will never appear to you the day he senses that you are a day pregnant.

Will I be pregnant Baba? Cordellia asked: Yes you will be, baba said: you are surrounded by children but you have held them back all these years. In fact before the end of next month, you will conceive only if you are willing!

I was just laughing at the way Cordellia reacted, she could not voice out her doubt of getting pregnant so quickly as Baba had prophesied. Baba bought the words out of her mouth: Doctor, do you doubt the gods? Ha! No o! She said: Who am I to doubt? But it sounded so easy sir so I was wondering. Ifa has spoken my Daughter! Play your own part well and let nature do its own.

Thank you sir, em em what about this other woman sir?

2 Likes

Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by seunviju(f): 12:57pm On Oct 09, 2014
This becoming more interesting.Keep up with the good work Dom
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by gennysq(f): 7:06pm On Oct 09, 2014
Great job Dom! Dis story just kips getting beta n beta......... Buh Dom pls can u space ur work more, especially where statements r made or questions asked n deir response. U kinda choke dem togeda. I'll hardly differentiate btw dem

1 Like

Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by onosj(f): 1:21am On Oct 10, 2014
Oga Dom! Dis ur story na bomb i beg cum update sharp sharp!!!..
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by DOMAWOLEYE(m): 1:45pm On Oct 12, 2014
Thank you sir, em em what about this other woman sir?

Baba looked into oblivion and said: The other Woman will go when the other Man goes!

Baba called my name and consulted Ifa, after the usual ritual of chanting and tossing of beads he said I should wipe my face with the palm of my hands thrice; I did as he instructed, and he then stared at my face as if he was looking for a ripe pimple to burst. What more is there to be scared of when the most dreaded has happened? He asked no one in particular: twenty Kids can never play together for twenty years! He continued: No! They will eventually scatter! Each to forge his own destiny!

Ifa greets you once again my daughter, Ifa says you should move on with your life , do not worry about how to move on without your husband, do not worry for nature takes care of her own, there is no injury that cannot be healed, it is only a matter of time, except if that wound comes with death. Ifa says you should concentrate on taking care of the children and those that look up to you! Continue to do well and impart positively on people, you will not be lonely for too long, you shall have more children, I see you surrounded by many Children!

At this juncture, I interrupted Baba: ha! Baba! More Children from where nah?
You will have more Children when the time is ripe and your wound is fully recovered, it will come so natural that you will not feel any guilt, it is your destiny my Daughter! I see the triplets, bathing and playing with their younger ones, the Triplets will be much older than them.

Mama and those around me were smiling while junior was suppressing laughter by covering his mouth, I looked round the room, even Cordellia gave out a chuckle, I stared at them one after the other in silence wondering on the possibility of having more Children. I do not doubt Ifa though but the possibility seemed too bleak. Baba! I said, the least of my worries now is another man or more Children, I think I have had my fair share of both in my life.
He laughed and said: My dear iyawo, you will not question it when it happens, it will come so natural because by then, you will be ready to move on with your life, your responsibilities will be so much at that time that you would willingly share your life with a partner once again, your second husband, the man I see is a childhood friend of yours, but I cannot say more than what is revealed to me now because he is still far away and the time is not yet at hand, as I speak the man is not in this Country, he is busy pursuing education in foreign lands, when he returns home, he will locate you.

You have a little snag you must be wary of in your family, Baba said. Your elder Sister here will be helpful in handling this wolf in your family before she destroys all of you, the person in question is her friend and believes she is still as evil as she used to be, I am talking of your other sister that has a Child in your custody. She lives like a dog now and thinks like a sheep, she is unnecessarily envious of you and your brother and is capable of hurting you people, she has made up her mind to bring you people down.

Who would that be? Mama asked me. She is my father’s second born ma! The mother of Paul, the little boy that follows Junior about.

She will come around very soon,Baba said: she will come with trouble. But I forewarn you, in all she will do, never trade words with her or get physical with her, she has a curse on her already and she is looking for whose head to hang her death! Death? I almost screamed out.
Yes! Death! It is the path she has chosen, she prostitutes and she has been used for ritual by one of her clients, she has limited days to live, she is long gone!

Aunty Carol lay on the floor and cried, ignoring Baba’s warning against crying in the presence of Ifa. I told Junior to take her outside, I could not cry, my feeling was indifference. Baba continued, your elder sister will try and talk to her, she will try and help her but this lady will not heed your sisters advice else she can still live, she is at war with everything good around her. But it is good she dies, this will liberate her Son from her poisonous influence, so do not have any rancor with her so that her son will not grow up with the notion that you have a hand in his mother’s death!

Ifa says your future is bright; you are a blessing to those around you. Ifa has spoken!

Junior and Aunty Carol came back to join us, Aunty Carol had developed catarrh; I threw a handkerchief to her from my purse.
Baba looked at Junior, he told him to look to the heavens with arms spread upwards, he then told him to wipe his face with his hands.
You are thinking of travelling out of the county for studies abi? Baba asked Chinedu: Yes sir! Edu replied: I have gotten admission into the University of Liverpool!

Baba shook his head sadly: You do not have the grace my Son! Your road to success is in your father’s land. I see a man standing by you, he works for you, he is involved in helping you secure this admission, and he is light in complexion and thick set in build, who is he? Baba asked

That is my Manager, he is a very reliable Man, and he has a younger Sister that lives in Liverpool!

Baba shook his head sadly again and said: “The one we called to help scratch our back, has thorns in his hands” “the one we called to blow specks out our eyes, has pepper in his eyes” “A little Child cannot decipher an evil concoction from vegetable soup”!

My dear Son! That your manager has it all planned, you told him about you political ambition didn’t you? Yes sir, he is my right hand man sir! He even advised me to go and study abroad so as to boost my political image, he did all the admission processes for me, Chinedu said.

Ha! Ile aye le! This world is tough! Ifa reveals that you will travel abroad; this right hand man will give you a parcel for the Sister there, this parcel! This parcel will send you to incarceration for life! You will rot in prison abroad! You would have handed everything about all your businesses to him by then!

I got up and followed mama as we both dashed to the convenience, I came out to see Chinedu crying by the door and talking: Baba! Where did I go wrong? This man was a jobless man that came to me for help some years ago when he was deported from overseas; he was a family man with five mouths to feed, I employed him!
This man monitors everything about my business after I recruited him, he gives me information about everything going on in the business, by so doing , he earned my trust, baba! I built a three bed room flat for this man o! I put his three Children in the list of orphans in my scholarship scheme. Oh Jeez! Jeez! What a life! So Mr. Maduka wants to send me on exile and take over my business?

I went to my Brother to console him; I gave him my shoulder to lean on. Baba continued: you are needed here now more than ever, your business; your family needs you, if you leave your business in the hands of strangers, it will crumble within a year, and they will enrich themselves and wreck you! All those that surround you in the name of friends and employees see you as not worthy of being their Boss because of your age and educational back ground!
The only employee that is loyal to you is the Hausa man that knew you as a Child, this is what I will advise you to do, elevate the Hausa man! He does not speak their language so he cannot connive with them to wreck you, in fact they will wonder at what has come over you, the right hand man of your will be issued a sack letter by your Sister Deborah here, just tell him you do not trust him anymore.

He will go without making any trouble because he has stolen enough from you without you knowing. When he leaves you start discovering loopholes he created through which he had been siphoning money, for now, he is just waiting to hear that you have entered the flight to Liverpool.

Oh my God! Chinedu sobbed. Baba continued: My Son, you have been blessed already, you will travel abroad like someone going to his back yard, if you want to eat breakfast in America and dinner in Nigeria, you can afford it, you will do business with people of different races, you are a very big fish! So take it easy, do not be overly ambitious so that you do not fall into the trap set by your enemies

All these were strange to me, I now realized that Chinedu and I have not really gisted like brother and Sister as we used to since I returned from the land of the dead: Junior, ihe a nile, o bu eziokwu? Are all these true? I asked.Aunty! O bu eziokwu o! It is true! He replied

1 Like

Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by tecno4life(m): 2:49pm On Oct 12, 2014
DOMAWOLEYE, was your father a terrorist; cause u are DA BOMB!!!

2 Likes

Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by chuzor73(m): 4:56pm On Oct 12, 2014
Love ur story keep it up one of d best write ups.remain bless

1 Like

Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by seunviju(f): 5:08pm On Oct 12, 2014
You are doing great Dom,keep it up

1 Like

Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by Olaitan3784(f): 10:40am On Oct 18, 2014
Damowoleye,plz come and update
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by DOMAWOLEYE(m): 12:19pm On Oct 18, 2014
tecno4life:
hahaha I beg o!

1 Like

Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by DOMAWOLEYE(m): 12:21pm On Oct 18, 2014
Olaitan3784:
Damowoleye,plz come and update

Laitan, I will try and update tomorrow. Guy it is not easy writing three stories at once and combining it with work pressure. the Lord is my strength. But I wont keep you waiting too long. thank you for your time.
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by DOMAWOLEYE(m): 1:46pm On Oct 19, 2014
Iya wa! Our Mother! Baba faced our Mummy, Ifa greets you again, he says what has happened has happened, he who hath an ear let him hear! Ifa says you will not weep over any of your Children again, he says you should not be far from Iyawo and the triplets, they are destined to be great, one of them is a replica of his father, he will always remind you of Ayo but he will not die young, he will follow his father’s footsteps in learning and career pursuit so do not discourage him if he tell s you tomorrow that he wants to join the Army, let him have his way on decisions concerning his future. Iyawo, this message is for you too.
Tell my friend the Prof to go and see his Doctor for his health is failing him; he should not complicate issues for us by dwelling so much on Ayo’s death.

The game is up for your friend and her Daughter! Baba continued: the Igbo girl they plotted to kill has survived and our Son has died instead. It is time for retribution, they will be coming to you to beg, but how do you beg someone to forgive you for deliberately killing her Child? How do you beg a woman that you are sorry for deliberately killing her husband leaving her with three children and a hollow in her life?
But they will come to you and it is left for you to decide whether to forgive or not!

Oshi! Rubbish! Mummy shouted: what nonsense! Do they have conscience at all? They the blood of my Son avenge his death, nobody should come and beg me at all, ahan? Is it by force? What did I do to Iya Dupe for God’s sake? Wo! Look! Iyawo mi, do not listen to any body that comes to beg you o! Mummy said to me: in short now I am angry! I have been controlling myself from confronting Iya Dupe since I lost Ayo simply because I do not have anything to prove in court or at the Police station! But if she dares come to me and confess to having a hand in my Son’s death, ha! Baba I will sting her! I will bite! Haaa!! Mummy was shaking from head to toe as she pranced about the Sitting room. So now, they are afraid to die abi? After killing my son, you are begging to live! In short Baba, till then, till then.

Baba was about to speak and Mummy interrupted: arrant nonsense! What guts? What impunity? I a a Yoruba Woman o! Baba, I am a Yoruba woman and I know what I should have done! I only remained calm because I do not want any problem for my other Children and now my grand Children, I do not want the consequence of anything I do to fall on them, which is why I left Iya Dupe for God o! Now that God is about to fight for me she wants to come and beg me, in fact I am leaving Ife! I am going with these Children to Enugu t take care of the triplets, she will look for me, and she will not see me. Ha Iya dupe! O pami lomo! You killed my Child! A child that gave me the name “Iya Doctor” mother of Doctor! A Child that gave me the name “ Iya Major” Major’s mother! A Child whose name command respect everywhere me and my husband goes, you just killed him off like a common chicken! May God judge you o! I do not want to curse you because you are cursed already, and I will not soil my hands with evil for your sake! Iya Dupe and Dupe! I stand before the presence of Ifa today and hand your case over to him! Mummy eventually sat down and started to cry profusely.

Iya Ayo, take it easy, the odds are against your enemies already, Baba said. Ese o Baba! E o pe fun wa! You will live long for us o! Mummy opened her purse and brought out some naira notes for Ifa, we all did the same, we dropped it on Baba’s Bead, he said it is Ifa’s so we should drop it for Ifa. Ifa thanks you! He called out as we trooped out of his House.

Enugu

Mummy resigned from her Lecturing job, she said it was high time she left paid employment and do her own thing. She started setting up structures and certification process for a private School. She joined us a week at Enugu to tend to her grand Children, but for her I do not know how I would have coped with three babies without any prior experience. She said she had helped uncountable number of Women to tend their babies from Child birth to three month old. I learnt how to bath babies the traditional way and the modern way, the traditional way seems crude but she said it is most effective and makes the baby stronger.

The twisting of the babies arms and legs, the usage of hot water to massage the healing navel, she advised me to stop crying when the babies are crying out of pain from the hot water used in bathing them, she was everywhere, in the kitchen, she was something else too, she had her own style of cooking and I allowed her to do things her own way even though I am a caterer. She helped in bathing me too and massaging my stomach with hot water, she said it will expel residual blood from my body and also help my wound to heal fast, even though Mummy has a Doctorate degree, she did not let go of some conservative practices, she is an advocate of preserving our cultural heritage and practices.

Life without Major was so lonely. I was just an ordinary struggling girl of twenty when we met. I was planning on establishing my fashion outfit then and he took over my life and expanded it beyond my expectation, we had managed our businesses together and we had grown our business empire to an enviable status, even though we are not a public company, we were doing just too well.

Now he is no longer around, I wake up in the mornings thinking of where to go and where not to go. Do I go to the super market where Aunty Carol works? We have competent managers there and they send me daily transaction reports, do I go to Derby Couture? Tochi and Amara are doing a wonderful job taking care of business there or do I go to Derby’s Plaza at Trans Ekulu? The Manager is on Top of his Job and Silvia takes care of the premises and all my tenants there. Major’s Clinic is under lock and key for the time being until I know what to do with it. So I simply sit and home and chat with Mummy or watch movie, life was so boring, I felt so empty, I longer had any desire to work or live, I was simply empty, a huge void has been created into my life, I longed to see Ay in my dreams but he never came, most nights I cry myself to sleep only to wake up in the middle of the night when I hear the shrill cry of the babies.

.....................................................................................................................................................................................................

Lest I forget, the first move we made when we got to Enugu was to type a termination of appointment letter for Mr. Maduka, I went to Nedu’Express and presented the letter to him in the presence of Junior and some of the Staff members, as chairman of the board of Nedu Express your services are no longer needed, there is a cheque of three million naira in the envelope, that will take care of any inconveniencies this decision of ours might cause you, I said, as I handed him the envelope. He collected it, said a thank you and went straight to his office to pack his things.
Musa! Can you read and write? I asked.

Haba Madam, I go am for secondary school fa! I stop for class three, I dey read English and I sabi write am.

So why you no sabi speak am? I asked;

Madam I can spoke English but not very corrected fa! He said:

Okay no vex! No speak English again, just dey speak the pidgin wey you dey speak, you hear?

No problem madam, he said.

Ladies and gentlemen! From today Musa is the new Manager of the Enugu branch of Nedu Express! I announced. Everywhere was quiet; if a needle had dropped on the floor of Chinedu’s office the sound would have been audible.

Madam which Musa I dey talk about I beg? Musa asked looking behind to see if there was a stranger in our midst.

Take! I said, open am!

As I offered him his appointment letter. He opened it, read it for a while and looked at me and Chinedu, he went down on his Knees and worshipped Allah the Muslim way, then he sat down by the door and started to cry, speaking incoherent Hausa. Other staff members stood motionless because none knew what other surprise I may bring. I told the others to go about their duties.

We then contacted an audit firm to help look into the accounts and the procedures in the company, Musa brought another of his Hausa brother to take his place as security officer. The house we built for Mr. Maduka was left for him as a parting gift but his Children were withdrawn from Chinedu’s scholarship scheme.

...............................................................................................................................................................................................

Aunty Carol always spent her weekends with us, the House is a bee hive of activities on Sundays after Church service, I have resorted to going to Church now, and I am Catholic. Mummy also had introduced the culture of morning devotion into the house, she rings a bell at 5:30am and we all assemble at the sitting room to share the bible and pray, it was not funny initially but I got used to it and started looking forward to it..

On Sundays, Chinedu comes home with a friend or two; sometimes he comes with female friends, Amara and Tochi, Silvia, Aunty Carol, Cordelia (If not on duty). Ehen! Cordelia! Did I mention that she is pregnant? Cordelia got pregnant the next month after we returned from Ife, she called me up one afternoon and asked where I was, I told her I was at home and she said “Don’t go nowhere till I get there! You and mama! And the phone went dead, when I told Mummy what Cordelia said, Mummy smiled and said thank God.

I did not understand until her car screeched into my compound and she dashed out beaming from ear to ear, Derby you can’t believe it! She ran and hugged me, then she hugged mummy, she held onto Mummy rocking her while Mummy was smiling knowingly and patting her back. Congratulations! Mummy said, derby I am pregnant! I screamed, I ran towards her and hugged her, I looked her over and hugged her again, Baba Ifa! Mummy, please call baba Ifa and thank him! Cordellia said, there is no need my dear, no need, when next you want to visit Ife, you can buy him a gift, he knows you are pregnant already. I will tell him though when next we speak on phone.

Ha! I have never seen this kind of thing in my life! Cordellia said: Mummy do you know that I asked my husband about the woman he was seeing and he did not deny it? He said he thought he was impotent, he said he went for medical tests secretly and was certified okay but whenever he is with me he cannot perform so he tried it with his secretary and he performed well. So what happened? I asked. My dear, that night it was war on bed between me and my husband, we made repeated love till day break, none of us went to work the next day because we slept off in the morning, babe! I never knew what I have been missing from Stanley, it was fire for fire! We all laughed our hearts out, at that moment, in a split second, I remembered love making with Major and my body quivered.

The next week I went to his office when he traveled for a Course and made trouble with his secretary, I promised her I would kill her. So when my husband returned from his course the lady resigned, she told my husband that she does not want to die yet. My husband was not even angry with me because he had been thinking on how to severe the relationship with her.

So have you told your husband about your pregnancy now? Mummy asked. Of course nah! Ha! He was the first person I called o! He is in Germany on training now but will be back in two months, he was screaming like someone who has won a jackpot; he wished he was here with me, but no wahala, he will return safely, ha! Mummy, Derby! She went on her knees: how can I thank you enough?

So how is the other man now? I asked:

The other man has gone! So is the other woman! We are free now! She replied.

We all laughed heartily again till the cries of the babies waking from sleep sent us back into the house while Cordellia drove back to work.

As I was saying before Cordellia’s topic came up, our house takes a party mood on Sundays, there is always enough to drink and eat and music to dance to, Mama would make sure everyone had something to eat and drink, she joined in doing all the chores and when we tried to stop her she objected so over time we allowed her to do as she wished, after four months of Ayo’s burial, things started to take shape one more in my life, my Babies were six months old and have begun to crawl about the house, Mummy went to Ife and came back, she went to see Prof as well as see to the School project.

She told me that Mama Dupe had run mad in Ife after openly confessing her deeds. Mummy had changed her phone number upon leaving Ife for Enugu and had instructed Daddy to tell anyone that asks for her number that it is the same old number she uses. She was told that Dupe’ Mother had looked for her everywhere asking people of her where about until she got frustrated and confessed openly at a popular Market square where she loosened and tossed her dresses away before running into the wild naked. The family members eventually found her and she is currently receiving treatment at an herbalists. Those whom the gods want to kill, they first make mad! So Mummy said.

[

2 Likes

Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by jaymomma(f): 4:35pm On Oct 19, 2014
tecno4life:

Lollllllz

2 Likes

Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by Olaitan3784(f): 4:58pm On Oct 19, 2014
Thanks 4 d update

1 Like

Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by onosj(f): 12:33am On Oct 20, 2014
No peace 4 d wicked!! Oga Dom i salute u oh!!!.

1 Like

Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by Nobody: 2:20am On Oct 21, 2014
Do you enjoy this story and that of others, are you going to keep on reading and not nominate your best writer for the year...and Writers come and vote your best readers...
The other best thing is that you can vote yourself...
Come on be fast
. Vote at the link below...
https://www.nairaland.com/1958564/literature-section-awards-nomination-thread

#Nairawriters
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by Olaitan3784(f): 9:07pm On Oct 23, 2014
Tankz 4 d update nd plz dnt kip us waitin
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by seunviju(f): 9:54pm On Oct 23, 2014
Lovely story and update.Thanks
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by Cheriepet: 10:03pm On Oct 24, 2014
Wow!!! Dom i tot d story finished after d accident of Major n Derby?shocked

Weldone sir, i am enjoying myself with ur story.... carry on
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by Olaitan3784(f): 4:34pm On Oct 27, 2014
Plz dnt starve us,come nd update
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by dahmine(f): 12:07pm On Oct 31, 2014
God!! U are talented. God will bless u immensely for sharing.

1 Like

Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by touchmeder: 10:32pm On Nov 03, 2014
I really like this story but i dont know how i feel after the death of Major (that was a major blow for me) but i am following this one sha. You are a fantastic writer...

Dont forget to drop a link to the amazon page once your story is done.
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by DOMAWOLEYE(m): 7:27pm On Nov 14, 2014
PLEASE IF YOU LOVE MY WORK KINDLY VOTE ME AS WRITER OF THE MONTH AT https://www.nairaland.com/1804027/free-n5000-writer-here-every#24535726. THANK YOU.
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by Nobody: 8:27am On Nov 15, 2014
One thing I lyk about u is d way u update quickly....u did nt put ur writers in too much suspense. Nice story... I mean it's really nice nd interesting nd educating, keep it up. More ink 2 ur pen.
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by DOMAWOLEYE(m): 9:15am On Nov 15, 2014
adeh39:
One thing I lyk about u is d way u update quickly....u did nt put ur writers in too much suspense. Nice story... I mean it's really nice nd interesting nd educating, keep it up. More ink 2 ur pen.

Lol! Adeh! i understand you! i like your choice of wise words. i promise to update faster its just that i do not want to update nonsense and spoil the story, that is why i delve into other stoties as the Spirit leads me. meanwhile i appreciate you so much.
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by justcome99(f): 12:11am On Nov 16, 2014
I'll surely do dat
DOMAWOLEYE:
PLEASE IF YOU LOVE MY WORK KINDLY VOTE ME AS WRITER OF THE MONTH AT https://www.nairaland.com/1804027/free-n5000-writer-here-every#24535726. THANK YOU.

1 Like

Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by apholaryn: 10:57pm On Mar 26, 2015
I'm spellbound to this story o...kudos @ op
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by Joshchi(m): 6:27am On Mar 27, 2015
Kudos to you sir. A wonderful piece u dished out. I wish it didnt have to end. #resilience# tenacity in the face of opposition. Ur work is a treasure.
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by DOMAWOLEYE(m): 7:30am On Mar 27, 2015
yeah I am back here! thanks to all my Fans at "Thorns in my Boot" and my apologies to my Guys that were enjoying this story before I abandoned it last year. I have come to finish what I started.

I will start with the two chapters that I skipped before Derby and Major's accident. as in what happened when he went to Liberia.
Ciao!

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Whispers On Christmas Night (horror) / A Strange Love (18+) / Nairaland Detection Club

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.