Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,779 members, 7,802,405 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:48 PM

Restless...story Of A Survivor. - Literature (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Restless...story Of A Survivor. (54927 Views)

The Last Wolf Series : The Forgotten Mate (December 2015 Story of the Month) / Love Story Of A Unilag Babe And Bus Conductor / Story Of A Cancer Survivor (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by DOMAWOLEYE(m): 7:33am On Mar 27, 2015
peeled
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by DOMAWOLEYE(m): 7:44am On Mar 27, 2015
peeled

1 Like

Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by DOMAWOLEYE(m): 7:53am On Mar 27, 2015
Now, lets come back to the present!

CHAPTER 24

Chinedu called for a family meeting at his new house at new haven district, it is a Duplex built on a three plot of land, there is a Boys quarter behind the main building and a lot of space in the fenced compound. The fence is about twelve feet high topped with electrocutable barbed wire, by the side of the wall close to the main building is the cage of five puppies of various species of Dogs, the Dogs are caged all day and only released at night after they are fed, the idea is not make human friendly.

The compound is floored with inter locking blocks with a round fountain at the middle. The entrance gate is gigantic and is operated electronically by the Guard. He got Guards from the Prudential Guards Limited.

Chinedu did not do any house warming Party when he entered the house, he said he wanted less People to know his House so he simply invited our reverend Father, Father Anukwu from Saint Martin’s military Catholic Church to come and bless the House and he moved in. the interior of the House is complicated to describe but it is awesome, it is a combination of medieval and modern architecture; Chinedu sure has a rare taste that I could not explain, I was not expecting such house furnishing taste from him because we share ideas together. I was later to know that Mr. Maduka had actually planned the design of the House, I guess with the hope of taking over it after Chinedu might be out of the way.
Chinedu has two domestic Staff that live in the Boys quarters, a Gardener that tend the compound and a Chef that tidies the inside of the House and sees to cooking too. The Guards use the security room at the gate as their Office and rest room, there is also a giant size 100KVA Mikano Generator behind the house, the generator can power a whole community. The Chairs in the sitting room down stairs is made from hard Mahogany wood upholstered with pure animal Skin and Italian Leather, the marble on the floor of the sitting room is grey in colour but reflects like a mirror. The flat screen television on the wall occupied half of the length and breadth of the wall and the pictures are like real life images.

I can go on describing the daunting accessories and equipment in Chinedu’s house so let me stop for now.
The meeting was strictly for family and that includes Mama. We were told by Edu to prepare to sleep over at his place so we all came prepared. We all arrived at the Hose at 6.00PM, we ate dinner at 6.30PM and I started watching television while Amara and Tochi assisted the Chef in the Kitchen, Mama boiled water and bathed her grandchildren before putting them to sleep, they always fall asleep immediately after their night bath only to wake up wailing for food at 2.00PM.

Silvia was busy between her Lap top and the Television, Aunty Carol was everywhere so I could not really say what she was doing, but she was trying to be useful as usual.

Our young Boss got home from work around 9.30PM visibly exhausted; he apologized for having kept us waiting as he proceeded to the dining table to eat. After eating, he collected a bottle of red wine from the refrigerator and opened, he came to me and Silvia with two extra glasses and poured drinks for us before going to his room to UnCloth and freshen up. The Chef took his leave and gave us the number of his room’s intercom in case we need his service.

Mama had fallen asleep while singing the Children to sleep, so Chinedu said we should let her be as he summoned the rest of us to the sitting room upstairs.
Aunty Carol, could you start up the meeting with an opening prayer? Edu requested.

Of course! With all pleasure: Aunty replied grinning.

We were still praying when mama appeared yawning and stretching; she joined in the short prayer.

This meeting will be brief! Chinedu announced immediately after the prayer session; as we all settled down into our seat. This is the first time we are gathered together as a Family to discuss salient issues concerning this family. The reason I called this meeting is because my late father appeared to me in a dream and told me that it is time I took over the family affairs, I ignored it as a mere dream initially but when the same dream persists night after night, I decided to heed the advice.

I have taken certain decisions on behalf of the family and I would like to hear other opinions too because I have elder ones here; he said.
First of all, he continued; it is about Mama’s School project at Ile Ife. I have called Daddy Prof to get me details of the cost of building the Schools and its furnishing, my Sister Derby and I will foot the bill to the last kobo!

Ha! Mama interrupted; I am coming o! She ran towards the visitor’s rest room and entered. We were still laughing when she rushed back inside the sitting room tying her wrapper firmly around her waist.

Did you say you will build my School for me? She asked Chinedu as she sat down.

The truth is that we are not building the Schools for you! Chinedu replied; who owns the land on which you are building the Schools? Chinedu asked her;

I am building a School my Son, just a nursery School, not schools, and the land belongs to our family, it is part of my husband’s land.
Chinedu laughed just the way my Dad laughs when he has a surprise to share.

Mama! He said; you planned to build a School but I plan to build Schools, I mean a Nursery, primary and Secondary School!
Ha! Mama exclaimed again and rushed to the convenience. We waited for her to return. Ehen! What were you saying about primary School my Son? She asked as she sat down.

Yes mama! Since the land is a family land, it means the late major has a title to it as his father’s land, so here’ the plan mama, we are building the Schools to be run by you, but the Schools belong to your grand Children. You requested that when they are of school age we should send them to Ife right? Now you will be able to nurture them from primary to secondary school level, but let their mother see them through nursery school here in Enugu because they need her now at their formative stage.

Mama, your school shall be called “Major Ayodeji international memorial College” it shall be for day and Boarding students. Chinedu was still talking when mama got up and knelt before him, holding his limbs and crying seriously, I broke down too and I went to hug Chinedu for his brilliant idea to immortalize the memory of my late husband, it was like hugging my father and I cried the more.

After ten minutes of crying and pacifying, Chinedu found his voice and continued; I will stop at that for now about mama schools but details will be unfolded with time, but the project commences immediately and please do not think that I am financing the project alone o! No way! I will bring forty percent of the funding while my Sister will provide the rest after all she will receive her husband’s entitlement from the army.
We all clapped our hands for him after that statement.
Mama got up; please can I say something? She asked
Of course mama! This is democracy, Chinedu said.

Ha Chinedu! She started; you want to build a School in memory of my son? Which means the memory of my Son will remain indelible in the history of Ife? Hm, my Son’s case is like that of the proverbial Horse! The Horse worked hard all his life till he died, after his death men began to use his tail as a symbol of authority and prestige, when we dance, we use the horse tail to dance, we hang it in our homes for beauty and affluence, but the owner of the tail is dead, the recognition he did not get in his life time he got it in his death. Chinedu may you be recognized in your life time and after!
We chorused; Amen!
Ha Chinedu! Mama continued; you did this for me! My God will do wonders in your life! Any death that would kill you before your time should take me instead!
Mama! Mama! It is okay! Chinedu held her: no death will take any of us before our time mama! Please mama, sit down and thank you very much.
Mama laid flat on her stomach and started to sob.

Leave mama! Let her cry, Chinedu told us as we went to console mama; she is shedding the tears of joy he said.
Now! Over to my big Sister Aunty Carol; what has happened has happened, all is in the past now. I am most glad that Aunty Carol has really changed now, in fact she still feels bad and she looks for any opportunity to make up for her past misdeeds. This means, she is indeed sorry and fully repented.

Aunty has always had interest in provision Shops or super markets as we call it here, so I am thinking of moving her away from Derby Stores to “Caroline Stores” at independence Layout. I bought an incomplete building close to the J.A.M.B office there and I plan to convert it into a shopping mall for her. Chinedu stopped talking.

We all stared at Aunty Carol slapping and pinching her arm, she kept at it for about two minutes before Chinedu barked out her name.
Aunty Carol!

She jumped up more out of shock and ran to meet Chinedu, she looked into his eyes, then she rubbed her eyes with the back of her palm and she called out Chinedu’s name.

Aunty, what has come over you? Chinedu asked

Oh! I am sorry she said as she made for her seat; I fell asleep while you were talking and I had a very stupid dream.

What stupid dream? Mama sat up and asked her

Oh not to worry mama, she said; it was just a dream

Is it about the Caroline’s Stores that Chinedu was talking about? Mama asked her.

Jeez! She exclaimed; so it was not a dream! I was pinching myself back to reality but I was confused if it was real or not! No! No! Chinedu I don’t need it, please I am okay the way I am now, I am very comfortable now please Edu.

Chinedu laughed out loud and said; it is a done deal my big sister! In a month or two you will be driving your own Jeep to your office, controlling your own business and your workers! Your levels don change my Sister!
Mama got up and started to dance and sing with Yoruba language, Amara joined her and it was laughter in the house.
Chinedu continued while Aunty Carol stood transfixed at a spot not knowing how to react or what to say.

Aunty, it is not my money, it is Daddy’s money that I inherited and invested, the lands that we sold, and the houses that we leased out gave us the money to start Nedu Express here and at Onitsha! Money is coming in from all angles now, so why not we invest it in the family? Don’t forget you are the eldest, so come on, come and hug your baby Boy! Chinedu moved towards Aunty and enclosed her in a hug, she cried and knelt before him in appreciation but he pulled her up to her feet, the rest of us went and embraced them while mama raised her voice high in praises to God in Yoruba.
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by DOMAWOLEYE(m): 8:02am On Mar 27, 2015
NOW LET US COME BACK TO THE PRESENT.

CHAPTER 24

Chinedu called for a family meeting at his new house at new haven district, it is a Duplex built on a three plot of land, there is a Boys quarter behind the main building and a lot of space in the fenced compound. The fence is about twelve feet high topped with electrocutable barbed wire, by the side of the wall close to the main building is the cage of five puppies of various species of Dogs, the Dogs are caged all day and only released at night after they are fed, the idea is not make human friendly.

The compound is floored with inter locking blocks with a round fountain at the middle. The entrance gate is gigantic and is operated electronically by the Guard. He got Guards from the Prudential Guards Limited.

Chinedu did not do any house warming Party when he entered the house, he said he wanted less People to know his House so he simply invited our reverend Father, Father Anukwu from Saint Martin’s military Catholic Church to come and bless the House and he moved in. the interior of the House is complicated to describe but it is awesome, it is a combination of medieval and modern architecture; Chinedu sure has a rare taste that I could not explain, I was not expecting such house furnishing taste from him because we share ideas together. I was later to know that Mr. Maduka had actually planned the design of the House, I guess with the hope of taking over it after Chinedu might be out of the way.
Chinedu has two domestic Staff that live in the Boys quarters, a Gardener that tend the compound and a Chef that tidies the inside of the House and sees to cooking too. The Guards use the security room at the gate as their Office and rest room, there is also a giant size 100KVA Mikano Generator behind the house, the generator can power a whole community. The Chairs in the sitting room down stairs is made from hard Mahogany wood upholstered with pure animal Skin and Italian Leather, the marble on the floor of the sitting room is grey in colour but reflects like a mirror. The flat screen television on the wall occupied half of the length and breadth of the wall and the pictures are like real life images.

I can go on describing the daunting accessories and equipment in Chinedu’s house so let me stop for now.
The meeting was strictly for family and that includes Mama. We were told by Edu to prepare to sleep over at his place so we all came prepared. We all arrived at the Hose at 6.00PM, we ate dinner at 6.30PM and I started watching television while Amara and Tochi assisted the Chef in the Kitchen, Mama boiled water and bathed her grandchildren before putting them to sleep, they always fall asleep immediately after their night bath only to wake up wailing for food at 2.00PM.

Silvia was busy between her Lap top and the Television, Aunty Carol was everywhere so I could not really say what she was doing, but she was trying to be useful as usual.

Our young Boss got home from work around 9.30PM visibly exhausted; he apologized for having kept us waiting as he proceeded to the dining table to eat. After eating, he collected a bottle of red wine from the refrigerator and opened, he came to me and Silvia with two extra glasses and poured drinks for us before going to his room to UnCloth and freshen up. The Chef took his leave and gave us the number of his room’s intercom in case we need his service.

Mama had fallen asleep while singing the Children to sleep, so Chinedu said we should let her be as he summoned the rest of us to the sitting room upstairs.
Aunty Carol, could you start up the meeting with an opening prayer? Edu requested.

Of course! With all pleasure: Aunty replied grinning.

We were still praying when mama appeared yawning and stretching; she joined in the short prayer.

This meeting will be brief! Chinedu announced immediately after the prayer session; as we all settled down into our seat. This is the first time we are gathered together as a Family to discuss salient issues concerning this family. The reason I called this meeting is because my late father appeared to me in a dream and told me that it is time I took over the family affairs, I ignored it as a mere dream initially but when the same dream persists night after night, I decided to heed the advice.

I have taken certain decisions on behalf of the family and I would like to hear other opinions too because I have elder ones here; he said.
First of all, he continued; it is about Mama’s School project at Ile Ife. I have called Daddy Prof to get me details of the cost of building the Schools and its furnishing, my Sister Derby and I will foot the bill to the last kobo!

Ha! Mama interrupted; I am coming o! She ran towards the visitor’s rest room and entered. We were still laughing when she rushed back inside the sitting room tying her wrapper firmly around her waist.

Did you say you will build my School for me? She asked Chinedu as she sat down.

The truth is that we are not building the Schools for you! Chinedu replied; who owns the land on which you are building the Schools? Chinedu asked her;

I am building a School my Son, just a nursery School, not schools, and the land belongs to our family, it is part of my husband’s land.
Chinedu laughed just the way my Dad laughs when he has a surprise to share.

Mama! He said; you planned to build a School but I plan to build Schools, I mean a Nursery, primary and Secondary School!
Ha! Mama exclaimed again and rushed to the convenience. We waited for her to return. Ehen! What were you saying about primary School my Son? She asked as she sat down.

Yes mama! Since the land is a family land, it means the late major has a title to it as his father’s land, so here’ the plan mama, we are building the Schools to be run by you, but the Schools belong to your grand Children. You requested that when they are of school age we should send them to Ife right? Now you will be able to nurture them from primary to secondary school level, but let their mother see them through nursery school here in Enugu because they need her now at their formative stage.

Mama, your school shall be called “Major Ayodeji international memorial College” it shall be for day and Boarding students. Chinedu was still talking when mama got up and knelt before him, holding his limbs and crying seriously, I broke down too and I went to hug Chinedu for his brilliant idea to immortalize the memory of my late husband, it was like hugging my father and I cried the more.

After ten minutes of crying and pacifying, Chinedu found his voice and continued; I will stop at that for now about mama schools but details will be unfolded with time, but the project commences immediately and please do not think that I am financing the project alone o! No way! I will bring forty percent of the funding while my Sister will provide the rest after all she will receive her husband’s entitlement from the army.
We all clapped our hands for him after that statement.
Mama got up; please can I say something? She asked
Of course mama! This is democracy, Chinedu said.

Ha Chinedu! She started; you want to build a School in memory of my son? Which means the memory of my Son will remain indelible in the history of Ife? Hm, my Son’s case is like that of the proverbial Horse! The Horse worked hard all his life till he died, after his death men began to use his tail as a symbol of authority and prestige, when we dance, we use the horse tail to dance, we hang it in our homes for beauty and affluence, but the owner of the tail is dead, the recognition he did not get in his life time he got it in his death. Chinedu may you be recognized in your life time and after!

We chorused; Amen!
Ha Chinedu! Mama continued; you did this for me! My God will do wonders in your life! Any death that would kill you before your time should take me instead!
Mama! Mama! It is okay! Chinedu held her: no death will take any of us before our time mama! Please mama, sit down and thank you very much.
Mama laid flat on her stomach and started to sob.

Leave mama! Let her cry, Chinedu told us as we went to console mama; she is shedding the tears of joy he said.
Now! Over to my big Sister Aunty Carol; what has happened has happened, all is in the past now. I am most glad that Aunty Carol has really changed now, in fact she still feels bad and she looks for any opportunity to make up for her past misdeeds. This means, she is indeed sorry and fully repented.

Aunty has always had interest in provision Shops or super markets as we call it here, so I am thinking of moving her away from Derby Stores to “Caroline Stores” at independence Layout. I bought an incomplete building close to the J.A.M.B office there and I plan to convert it into a shopping mall for her. Chinedu stopped talking.

We all stared at Aunty Carol slapping and pinching her arm, she kept at it for about two minutes before Chinedu barked out her name.
Aunty Carol!

She jumped up more out of shock and ran to meet Chinedu, she looked into his eyes, then she rubbed her eyes with the back of her palm and she called out Chinedu’s name.

Aunty, what has come over you? Chinedu asked

Oh! I am sorry she said as she made for her seat; I fell asleep while you were talking and I had a very stupid dream.

What stupid dream? Mama sat up and asked her

Oh not to worry mama, she said; it was just a dream

Is it about the Caroline’s Stores that Chinedu was talking about? Mama asked her.

Jeez! She exclaimed; so it was not a dream! I was pinching myself back to reality but I was confused if it was real or not! No! No! Chinedu I don’t need it, please I am okay the way I am now, I am very comfortable now please Edu.

Chinedu laughed out loud and said; it is a done deal my big sister! In a month or two you will be driving your own Jeep to your office, controlling your own business and your workers! Your levels don change my Sister!
Mama got up and started to dance and sing with Yoruba language, Amara joined her and it was laughter in the house.
Chinedu continued while Aunty Carol stood transfixed at a spot not knowing how to react or what to say.

Aunty, it is not my money, it is Daddy’s money that I inherited and invested, the lands that we sold, and the houses that we leased out gave us the money to start Nedu Express here and at Onitsha! Money is coming in from all angles now, so why not we invest it in the family? Don’t forget you are the eldest, so come on, come and hug your baby Boy! Chinedu moved towards Aunty and enclosed her in a hug, she cried and knelt before him in appreciation but he pulled her up to her feet, the rest of us went and embraced them while mama raised her voice high in praises to God in Yoruba.
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by ifyude(f): 9:56am On Mar 27, 2015
Weldone Dom, glad you are back to complete the story,am enjoying every bit of it.
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by DOMAWOLEYE(m): 9:48am On Mar 28, 2015
We went back to our seats and our small Oga continued; I will leave Aunty Derby out of the discussion because the two of us are like husband and wife, we think alike even when we are not together.

Aunty Silvia! He called; Oyoyo Silvia! Omalicha nwanyi! Egovin baby! The Peacock of the Amadi family! Silvia was blushing all over as Chinedu praised her.
Another wedding date has been fixed for you and your husband! He announced.

All of us jumped up screaming with joy and asking which date it was.

When last did you speak with Richard your Fiancé? Chinedu asked Silvia.

I spoke with him this evening, she replied

And he did not tell you anything? Edu asked

No! Does he know the date already?

Chinedu smiled, nodding his head affirmatively; yes! He knows already, but I told him not to tell you yet, I wanted to announce it as a surprise to the whole family at this forum tonight. That your Richard is a real man! I like men who act as men! Men whose words are their bounds!
But is that a good thing to do Chinedu? Silvia asked; I mean for Richard to have known something that concerns me and he kept it away from me!
How do you feel now that I told you in the presence of the family? Chinedu asked

Well I am happy sha! In fact I am still surprised; I have a lot of questions to ask!

That is the idea big Sister, I wanted the family to share the joy with you and not just you and him alone, and you guys have a lot of time to be merry together. If he had told you then I would have considered him selfish! If it were something that would harm you then of course he won’t keep it from you, I am sure he is expecting your call now because he is aware I would tell it to you tonight, but wait till after our meeting. 17th of next month has been fixed for your Court wedding, we went to the registry and explained to them the reason why we did not appear on the last date; they empathized with us and agreed on a new date. We will proceed to the Village on the 18th for the traditional marriage. The King has been informed and he is hosting us, in fact he is giving your hand out in marriage, he said as long as he is alive, he will give all my Sisters out in marriage as princesses!

We all jumped up again hailing the princess Silvia, she was mesmerized.

You mean I am getting married next month? She asked; just like that? She pinched her arm and slapped it a couple of times while staring at Aunty Carol; Aunty Carol! Am I dreaming? She asked.

You are not dreaming Princess! We chorused.

After your wedding, we shall know what to do for you and your husband but you Guys are already comfortable, you husband works with a multinational Oil Company and you are a big girl already. But all the same, you are entitled to Daddy’s money.

He focused on Amara and Tochi; hmm, the inseparable twins! He called them; do you know that sometimes I find it hard to believe that the two of you are not actually twins? Well, you are still in School and your primary objective for now is to graduate with good grades. What we owe you is what you are getting already. By the time you are through with your youth service, you will proceed abroad for your masters’ degree and PhD, after which we shall know the next move in your lives.

We all rejoiced and clapped for them as they jumped on each other screaming and rejoicing.

However! Chinedu continued; I want the two of you to master the trades of Aunties Derby and Silvia as you have indicated interest already, so that when you are through with all your studies, then we can establish you accordingly!

Yes o! Mama shouted and ran to hug the two Sisters as they celebrated.

Chinedu continued; as for Pauline who is not here today, we did all we could for her but I guess she was bent on getting lost! In every twelve there is always a Judas! I pray God to guide her where ever she is but I hope Baba Ifa’s prophesy does not manifest on her. That is all I have to say for now, I don’t know if any one has any contribution to make.

None of us have anything to say except to thank you Chinedu, I said; you are indeed my Father’s son! No wonder Daddy stopped appearing to me in my dreams, I guess it’s your turn now; please when next he comes to you, tell him I miss him.
I will surely do that Aunty! Chinedu replied.

Mama cleared her throat to gain our attention.

Chinedu! You will live long! Death or Sickness shall not cut you down! All that you have promised us today can only be achieved with God by your side, my Son! God will not desert you!

Amen! We all shouted.

Yes! Mama continued; it is your father’s money that you are sharing but everything thing is in your hands! What if you had squandered the money? What if you refused to share and you prefer all of us to come to you cap in hands begging for money to survive? So you see why we need to show gratitude to you? Chinedu, may God bless you forever my Son!
Amen! We chorused.

Ngwa! Ngwa! Bring the wines! Let’s pop some champagnes and toast to life! Chinedu announced as he picked up the remote control of his mega home theatre and played some music. Amara and Tochi supplied us small Chops and drinks and we danced till everyone went to bed leaving Silvia alone talking on the phone.
I fed my Kids as they woke up to eat and went back to bed before I slept off too.
The next morning I asked Chinedu what his plans are as per university education, he said he had purchased a part time form to study Political Science at U.N.N, It will take him five years instead of four. He said he needed to focus fully on his business.

CHAPTER 25

The auditors that checked the records of Nedu Express discovered several fraudulent practices that Mr. Maduka had been using to steal form the Company. Several People were indicted in the discovery and it led to the sack of two bank Managers of Orient Bank at Enugu and Onitsha, all the accountants of Nedu Express at Enugu and Onitsha were sacked and replaced, the Petrol station at which the Buses were fuelled daily were also changed, all the company mechanics were replaced. There was a total over haul of the human capital of the company.

After the changes were made in the Company, the monthly proceeds increased by seventy percent! It was disheartening to discover the millions the company had been losing to Mr. Maduka and cohorts over the years.

I did not mark my birthday in2007, I allowed it to pass but I received several messages on my phone and mail box from friends and Clients. I was twenty seven, I was in three hundred levels at School, my Children were eleven months old and the three have started walking about and scattering the house.

Mama was still with us, she goes to Ife frequently to monitor the School project which was near completion. She would leave when her grand children are a year old.

I buried myself in my studies, I had three carry over’s from my second year and my cumulative grade was low, had to cover up lost grounds and come out with a good grade.

Amara and Tochi have graduated and were waiting for their N.Y.S.C call up letters; they both graduated with second class upper degrees. Amara had become very proficient in fashion designing and catering while Tochi was a part time model as well as a makeup Artist, so they were very engaged as they await the call to serve their nation.

Silvia had finally moved to join her husband in Port Harcourt immediately after her marriage. Narrating the happenings on her wedding day will be like recounting mine. It was fun and full of aplomb. She was two months pregnant already. They lived in a rented apartment at Rumuobiakani, however they were working on their own plot of Land already and they planned to move into their own house by expiration of the year’s rent. Silvia shuttled between Port Harcourt and Nsuka, she spent three days of the week at School and she goes to Port Harcourt on Thursdays till weekend.

Tochi managed Silvia’s business in Enugu and it was common knowledge that she would take over the place as Silvia hardly comes there any longer having set up another Office at Rumuola road in Port Harcourt.
I moved all my belongings out of the Barracks to my flat in town. I needed to be free from my past memories though I still hung Ayo’s Pictures on the wall of my sitting room.

The Army paid all his entitlements into my account after several flights to and from Army HQ Lagos for interview and verification before finally signing his benefits certificate. I transferred half of the money into Mama’s account for the School building project.
……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………................................................................................
December 2007 came and we buried ourselves in our businesses, everyone was busy daily and we hardly had time for one another, it was work, sleep and work, I hardly had time for food. We worked independently with each person manning his and her own area of specialization. Amara and Tochi travelled twice to Dubai to stock up “Silvia” and upon return, Tochi focused on the Boutique while Amara worked for me and got paid as every other paid employee. I paid per dress sewn; the employee got thirty percent of the price charged on the dress sewn.

I was doubling between the Plaza and the Stadium cutting fabrics into shapes, I did not have time to sew any longer, I simply designed and cut fabrics except for very important Clients who wouldn’t be pleased to hear that one of my girls sewed their dress. It hurt their ego. And these are Customers that do not haggle the price they are charged, they simply send their Drivers with the Fabrics and tell you the day they want it ready.
We had two boys handy at both shops whose job were to iron the sewn Cloths and seal them up for collection by the owners.
Chinedu and I did not see each other through out December; we only spoke on phone as he was extremely busy too.

Aunty Carol was occupied with activities at ”Caroline Stores” she had relocated to live in Independence layout very close to I.M.T campus three and the federal secretariat building. She called only at night when she retired home from work, she also travelled to Dubai once to stock up her Shop, she drives the SUV Chinedu gave to her while opening her Shop.

By February 2008, we rested a bit before we all went to Ife to commission the “Major Ayodeji International College”. The structure was magnificent! It was like that of a standard University Complex. The Sporting Arena covered about an hectare of Land containing the Foot ball field encircled by the racing track, there was the Volley ball court, handball Pitch, and Canopies like that of a mini Stadium. There was also an indoor sports Arena for Squash, badminton and table tennis.

The Science laboratory was well equipped with standard modern equipment and there was farm land marked out for Agriculture practical, poultry for birds and Ponds for fish were already built.

The Dormitory has a capacity for one thousand students, five hundred each for boys and girls. There was standby Plants to augment electricity supply. There was a Staff quarter for Teachers and other Staff.

There is also a computer room equipped with one hundred Lap Top Computers with internet facilities for Computer education. There was water supplied through four bore holes sunk at different sections of the Complex. I cannot mention everything I saw at the School, I could only imagine the amount of money that was sunk into the project but all in all, it was worth it.

At the commissioning of the School, the state Commissioner for education was wowed by the quality of infrastructure in the School, he said it was the first of its kind in the whole western Nigeria, he said such Schools could only be found in Abuja and it is exclusively for Children of those linked with Aso rock!

The Schools admission was advertized on national television, staff recruitment was also announced on national television. There was an over flow of Students and Staff alike, we had to give the contract of admission and recruitment to Philip consulting services Limited.

The Boarding house was full to maximum capacity and we had to turn down many Students, the strange thing was that eighty percent of the Students admitted were from Abuja, Lagos and Port Harcourt!

I stayed back at Ife with the Kids after the opening of the School so as to help out with the School teething problems while my siblings went back to the east. I was tempted to drop the Kids with mama to start School immediately because of the quality of teachers that I saw at the nursery section; Philip Consulting actually did a perfect job on the Staff recruitment. I fought back the idea of dropping the Kids; they will come back and start their primary school here.

Mama teased me with the idea of letting the Kids start their nursery education immediately here but I refused even though I would have loved to, her reason was because the Kids had already started attending class sessions with other children while I was still at Ife and they had made Friends already.
I was still at Ife when Silvia’s husband called to say that she had been delivered of a baby girl. I called Chinedu and told him to send either of Amara or Tochi to visit Silvia and Aunty Carol called me later in the day to say that she was already at Port Harcourt with Silvia.

I returned to Enugu to face the challenge of Easter rush in April 2008. Amara had gone to Ogun state for her N.Y.S.C while Tochi was posted to Anambra state. They were in the orientation camp. The pressure at work was so much and I suddenly began to miss the girls, I was left alone with the Kids so Chinedu had to move us to his apartment at new haven.

I employed the service of a widowed nanny to help monitor my Kids while I was away at work. I also told Chinedu’s chef to help to keep an eye on the Nanny and after two weeks he told me she was very caring, so she earned my trust. I gave her a lot of my old Clothes for her two grown daughters in Secondary School and I sewed some Clothes for her too. She was respectful and humble and we became friends. I encouraged her to think about learning a trade instead of being a Nanny, she was in her early forties and still very strong and attractive. She readily agreed to learn from me when it becomes convenient for her.

1 Like

Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by Peacefulness: 10:35am On Mar 28, 2015
Is Ifa that powerful? I am suprised at the way he's prophecies come to pass. Happy for the Amadi's, but unhappy at the death of my major. Oga Doma why?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by crusaderii(m): 11:00am On Mar 28, 2015
Looking for an interactive platform to publish your stories/news/articles....etc?.....well crusaderii..com is just the place 4 u,a blog after your very own heart folks!contact 07055635057 on whatsapp
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by crusaderii(m): 11:02am On Mar 28, 2015
Looking for an interactive platform to publish your stories/news/articles....etc?.....well crusaderii..com is just the place 4 u,a blog after your very own heart folks!contact 07055635057 on whatsapp and 53384522 on bbm
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by missuniverse(f): 11:19am On Mar 28, 2015
welcome back Doma
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by DOMAWOLEYE(m): 11:33am On Mar 28, 2015
Peacefulness:
Is Ifa that powerful? I am suprised at the way he's prophecies come to pass. Happy for the Amadi's, but unhappy at the death of my major. Oga Doma why?

Lol! Peace, Ifa is very potent o! ask those that believe in it. the death of Major pained me too o, no be only you but that is life! the good and the bad both die.
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by DOMAWOLEYE(m): 11:36am On Mar 28, 2015
missuniverse:
welcome back Doma

yeah! Missworld! I don show back to conclude the story!
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by joliematt(f): 4:19pm On Mar 28, 2015
welcome bck dear
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by DOMAWOLEYE(m): 10:30pm On Mar 28, 2015
peeled
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by jayebros01(m): 7:17am On Mar 29, 2015
So emotional story.... can't jes stop reading.... thumbs up bro

1 Like

Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by DOMAWOLEYE(m): 12:38am On Mar 31, 2015
peeled
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by ifyude(f): 10:03am On Mar 31, 2015
Am enjoying every bit of it,pls keep it coming. Weldon

1 Like

Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by jaymomma(f): 10:58am On Mar 31, 2015
Dom, nice updates. The end of Pauline will not be good at all.

1 Like

Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by Peacefulness: 10:59am On Mar 31, 2015
More mb to you sir! Following.

1 Like

Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by DOMAWOLEYE(m): 8:31am On Apr 02, 2015
Chinedu ran quickly to the office and pulled back Paul who had run out at the sound of the explosion. I ran under the table as another explosion went off causing commotion in the smoke filled show room. The door opened and the man at the door ran out only for us to hear another explosion from outside.

The camera later revealed to us and the Police that Pauline had shot at mad dog in self defense when he was beating her up, the man at the door had shot at Pauline and ran out of the show room only to be gunned down by the plain cloth Police man outside the shop. That was the end of Pauline my sister. Paul thought it was all part of a movie.
The homicide unit of the Police came to carry the Corpses away and they took pictures and dabbed for finger prints as if they would use it for an investigation, but I guessed it was just part of a baseless routine.
Chinedu later thanked me for not uttering a word when Pauline was beating me up; I told him I remembered Baba Ifa’s warning so I was prepared to undergo any form of drilling from her without any form of resistance that could make her shot me out rightly out of anger.
I called Mama and Baba Ifa and narrated Pauline’s story to them, I also called Mr. and Mrs. Chinedu and told them the story. They all said it was good riddance.

Baba Ifa and mama told me different versions of hoe Dupe came back to the Ife for the burial of her Mother and was struck with the same madness that killed her mother. She was pouring a handful of sand unto her mother’s interred Casket when a lightning flashed and she started to manifest signs of insanity, she suddenly screamed and started to tear up her clothes, then she sped off, they were yet to locate her as At the time mama told me the story. That was a day after Pauline’s death. Mama then ended her story with her proverb “Those whom the gods want to kill, they first make mad”
Her School was doing so well and she could not be happier, she said she can’t wait to have her grand Children with her. I told her to wait.

CHAPTER 29

By December rush of 2008, it was work as usual, Belinda Ojukwu hosted her husband’s friends and political associates at their independence Layout residence. I was in charge of the Catering services of course. I also set up a mini showroom where I displayed some of our works to entice the Guests.
The event almost became mine as I got lots of deals there. The Wives and concubines that came with the Politicians all gave me jobs to do for them. I also got the contract of sewing the School uniforms for eight hundred Students of Municipal College Agbani.
I was encouraged to join the Political party and I promised to think it over. Belinda promised to be at my Shop on Monday.

Activities at the shops at the stadium came to a standstill on Monday when Belinda visited my Shop; I felt like a local king being honoured with a presidential visit. All the Customers that came to the stadium to Shop and the shop owners came out to see the one time Nigerian Beauty queen visit my Shop, we later went to Silvia’s Shop where she picked some beauty items. I took her measurement for a total overhaul of her wardrobe!
I had written my final examination and was awaiting the release of results and eventually go for my one year National youth service corps program. I was very optimistic of coming out in flying colours as I gave my all during my quizzes, assignments and examinations. I sealed it up by presenting all my Lectures with a Christmas gift of complete traditional attire for husband and wife coupled with a rich hamper.

I was a graduate at last and Ayo was not there to witness it, the man that encouraged me to go to school did not wait to see me graduate, he told me to do whatever it takes to come out with a good grade, I did all I could and I was optimistic of a good grade but where is he to give me a pat on the back? To praise me and make me believe I could do anything I set my mind to do. May God bless his soul!

I went and met the G.O.C to seek his assistance so I could serve in Enugu state. He promised to help me since my records with the School still showed that I am married to an Army Officer who resides in Enugu state, he said it will be very easy to post me to Enugu. He then said I should write a letter using the letter headed paper of “Derby Plaza” to the state’s N.Y.S.C secretariat requesting for the service of a youth Corp member, he said with this, I will be eventually posted to my Office to work. It was as easy as that.

My Kids were over two years old and have started nursery school at command children’s School at the 82nd Division; they are forever the Children of an Army Officer whether dead or alive. I did not want to enroll them in a private school because I wanted them to start up their educational career in a disciplined environment where Kids are flogged for erring and not pampered unnecessarily, more over; I knew it was what their father would want for them.

They are driven to school in the morning and at close of school they are driven to any of our Offices within the City apart from Caroline’s Stores that is out of town.

The nanny I recruited had started apprenticeship at Derby’s couture and was catching up very fast. She came with a purpose and she is burning the candle at both ends.

Cordellia called to tell me that she was pregnant with her second Child! I was surprised, she said she planned to have all her four Children within five years so as to cover up for the years she had lost being childless. I wished her well; after all she is the medical Doctor!

Aunty Carol met her man in the heat of Easter rush of 2009. She called me on a Saturday night and told me how she met him; she said she was in her Office working on the Computer and monitoring the security camera because of the influx of Customers shopping for Easter celebration when a gorgeous Couple entered, they were so beautiful together that she wished she was the lady, they held hands as they walked from shelve to shelve picking items into their shopping baskets; few minutes later, another man with a young boy joined the Couple and together they were shopping. She went out to meet them when they were done and were at the cashier about to pay their bills. She greeted them and complimented the Couple.

I admire the both of you together! She had told them.

The two of whom? The man that came in with the boy asked her.

The Couple nah! They even look alike already; she replied.

The Couple laughed heartily as if they were used to such compliments.

It was the little boy that explained to her.

They are not a Couple o! He said; he went and held the lady’s hand.

This is my Mother! He said.

He left the mother’s hand and pointed at the supposed husband

This is Uncle Ernest! My mummy’s twin brother! He said; he just returned from over sea and today is their birthday! He then pointed to the man he came in with; that is my daddy!

Aunty what is your name? Do you work here? The boy had asked my Sister

My name is Carol! She had replied; and I work here.

Will you come to my mummy and Uncle Ernest’s birthday party at our house today? We live at Okpara Avenue! Please say you will come! The little boy had pleaded.
Junior shut up your mouth! You talk too much! The mother had cautioned the little boy.

Are you married? Uncle Ernest asked my Sister out rightly

No! I am not; she replied.

Then you are invited! We are marking our fortieth birthday today at her house, and I hope you will not say no to junior’s invitation? Uncle Ernest asked. I am tired of following my Sister around whenever I am in town! I need a Woman of my own, he said.

Yes! He needs a wife! Not just a woman to follow about! Abi na crime to marry twins? He practically takes over my wife whenever he comes around! The husband quipped in.

They all laughed and my Sister used that opportunity to chip in the fact that she was approaching her thirty fifth birthday.
That was the age my sister married! Ernest had said; she was busy chasing after career that she almost forgot to marry!
You nko? You are not married at forty! You have been busy travelling all over the world on sea, that you forgot that you need to start a home in your Country! The Sister countered.

My name is Ernest! Captain Ernest Harry of the Nigerian navy! Here is my sister Doctor Ernestina Azubuike and her husband Doctor Francis Azubuike! She is a medical Doctor at University of Nigeria teaching hospital while the husband is an academic doctor, the little Rascal here is their only Son, his name is Ernest too, and I guess they named him after me and my Sister! By the way, I am from Kalabari in River’s state! He offered his hand for a hand shake with my Sister.

Well, I am Caroline Amadi, I run this place, and I am an Ikwere from River state! My Sister offered.

You mean you are from River state too? Doctor Azubuike had asked.

Yes sir! My Sister replied.

Then that makes it easier! The Doc had said.

Aunty carol said she has went for the Party, captain came and picked her up in the evening, she said she naturally melted into the family as if she had known them all of her life. The affection was mutual and it was by a very strong self restraint that she and captain did not make love that night at Doctor Azubuike’s residence.

She called me after a month again to tell me that the Captain had proposed to marry her. He did not waste time as he proposed to her in the presence of his family members and friends while marking Juniors Ernest’s birthday. She accepted.

She called Baba Ifa and explained the development to him and he told her to flow with the development naturally, he said she was on the right track. He further told her that she would be pregnant very soon but he warned her not to be a nag because the man is a traveler and might not always be around, he assured her that he will always look forward to coming home so she should make the home peaceful for him whenever he is around for that would make him look forward to coming home at every opportunity. He further told her that if she does as he had instructed her, the Man will not stay too long in the Navy for her sake, for he loves her and longed to be with her too. He said they have a beautiful future together. To say I was happy was an understatement.

1 Like

Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by ifyude(f): 10:31am On Apr 02, 2015
Dom you hv made my day with this morning tonic. keep it coming pls

1 Like

Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by heemah(f): 1:09pm On Apr 03, 2015
Chei!! This is superb!! You are one of the best writers here on nairaland....Can't wait to read more...

1 Like

Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by DOMAWOLEYE(m): 1:09pm On Apr 03, 2015
CHAPTER 30

July 2009. Navy captain Ernest Tamuno Amacree who is a Colonel or a group captain’s equivalent in the Army and Air force respectively is the Captain of “NNS Rocket” one of the Country’s biggest Ships and he spends most of his days in Ships traveling all over the Continents of the world.

He needed to finalize everything concerning his marriage to Aunty Carol before he embarks on his next Voyage which would keep him out of the country for another four months so he came with his sister and her husband to meet us at Chinedu’s residence to collect the traditional marriage list and together we fixed the day of the marriage ceremony for the fortnight Friday and the Church wedding at Aunty Carols church in Enugu the day after.

That prompted Chinedu to travel to the Village to inform our family members and the King, the king had taken it upon himself to give out my father’s daughters out in marriage in royalty. We also informed all of our friends and business associates of the impromptu dates and apologized for all inconveniences.

Aunty Carol had a little challenge in getting her Pastor’s approval for the impromptu date; he said they should have given at least two months notice so that the Church could make the announcement on at least four church services. However after several persuasions, the Church marriage committee accepted to honour her request

The slated day came and we all went home for the traditional marriage. What we did not know was that Captain Amacree was from a royal home and in fact heir apparent to the throne of the Kalabari kingdom! The entourage that followed his father’s staff of office ably represented by the right hand man to his father’s throne was massive; it was like another coronation festival! The clash of two powerful traditions! The Ikwere and the Kalabari Kingdoms. The number of Naval Soldiers that was at the occasion doubled the number of Soldiers that graced my traditional wedding, so security was more than guaranteed.

Our king wept again while handing over my Sister to her husband’s family. I wondered why he always cried while giving us out in marriage after all he barely knew us except that he was my Father’s friend, I guessed him to be overtly emotional or a good actor!
The celebration was still on when we left Rumukwurusi for Enugu to prepare for the Church wedding the next day.

During the Church wedding, it was fun and peaceful until the officiating Pastor called on anyone that has any reason why the Couple should not be joined together to speak up or forever remain silent that the former lover of my sister, the widower in the same Church rose up in objection.
He was given the microphone as he proceeded to the alter; he said he would not keep quiet and watch Caroline waste the time and life of a fellow man for selfish reasons, he asked he congregation if it was by force to marry and they chorused a loud “no” . He said Caroline has deceived the Captain into marriage. He said he dated Caroline for years and he knows what many people do not know about her, he said he knows her story from the death of her father to the removal of her womb!

The congregation shouted and everywhere was noisy with curses and rude remarks.
Caroline is barren and can never conceive so why is she deceiving an innocent man into marriage! He spoke into the microphone to the chagrin of the Congregation.

In the midst of the quagmire, the Pastor called for the postponement of the wedding but the Captain rose up from where he was seated with his wife at the front pew, my Sister bowed her head in shame weeping, I sat behind her pacifying her. He went and seized the microphone from the pastor and announced for calm in the church.

When all was calm, he announced that he does not understand the motive behind the widower’s announcement and he ascribed it to being malicious and wicked because the widower should not have come to the public and make such an announcement if he had a respect for his relationship with Caroline.

I know Caroline’s story also, he said; I know her story from the death of her father till date, till this moment that she sits there with two months pregnancy! So I do not know which Caroline you dated! My own Caroline is not barren! He then called on his boys to arrest Mr. Widower for malicious intent and deformation of character and he handed over the Microphone to the Pastor who shouted a loud and long “Praise the Lord”.

We were busy celebrating inside the church while the Soldiers were pummeling Mr. Widower outside the Church; his screams were muffled by the music from the choir. We saw him rumpled and sprawled in a heap at one end of the church compound as we thronged out of the Church to the reception Arena.

It was at the occasion of Aunty Caroline’s wedding that Amara and Tochi met their eventual husbands. Two young Naval lieutenants, Captain equivalent in the Army were following the girls about every where they went, from the Village traditional marriage in Rumukwurusi to the Church wedding in Enugu. I took an immediate liking to the handsome gentlemen as they looked very resplendent in their immaculate white military regalia, I knew my Sisters would like them too so it was not a surprise when the Officers came to us a year later to seek the hands of our Sisters in marriage; but that is not the story for now.

My result was released and as I had expected I came out with a second class upper. My N.Y.S.C call up letter followed suit and I was posted to Enugu as expected. Amara and Tochi have rounded up their N.Y.S.C program and were at home so I left the Kids with them as I proceeded to Awgu N.Y.S.C camp for my orientation.

After the rigour of registration process and collection of my Kits at the Camp, I was eventually given a bed space in “A” platoon. I went and had my bath and lay in my bed to think over my life, my past till my present. It had been tough but rewarding. I reflected back to the early days at Command secondary school Abakaliki, I pondered at the fact that I do not really have a secondary school testimonial because I did not actually finish one. I only wrote G.C.E with which I got admission into the University.

I reminisced on our days in the barracks living in the Batcher, from living in my father’s duplex to living in a Batcher! I remembered the days we went without food, I remembered the nights I sat by the road side selling roasted corn and pear. I remembered the heat inside the Batcher when the sun is closer to the earth; I remembered how we put out buckets and pans to collate water as it dripped on us when it rained in the Batcher. I remembered Cordellia; now in far away America with her Family, Cordellia was a friend indeed.

I remembered Madam Ronke my mentor and confidant, she taught me everything I know about my skill. I remembered my father appearing to me in dreams and guiding me on what to do, I remembered Chinedu and his travail in the hands of our Uncle, then I thought of Chinedu today and a smile played on my lips. I reflected on my Siblings, wonderful girls they are, they have found love too but they are not bold enough to flaunt it before me and Chinedu, I understood. Silvia is also in the Rivers state N.Y.S.C camp,she will proceed to Law School after her youth service, she is happy too with her family and her business, this is he so called “mumu” by my sisters, no one is useless, no one except if he person does not have a dream in life.

Aunty Carol is married at last at almost thirty six of age, she erred, she repented and she found grace, today she is a happy woman, she is on honey moon aboard “NNS Rocket” with her husband to return in four months, I wondered if she delivered her Baby aboard the Ship.

I thought of Pauline and how she lived and died in hate, I wondered where her soul would be now. I wondered why she was full of so much hate, right from Childhood I had been her rival and she could not live to see me better than her so she died.

Now to my humble self, I am twenty nine years old now in N.Y.S.C uniform. I have three Kids that will soon be taken away from me by their owner. I know the Yoruba’s are afraid that I may run away with their Children, a chuckle escaped my mouth as I lay thinking. I remembered Captain Ayodeji Ojo, my late husband, my inspiration! My adviser, the man that knows me more that I know myself, my brick wall that eventually fell, he did not wait to see me today in my N.Y.S.C uniform, I wished he would UnCloth me in this uniform and make sweet love to me, only his touch make me shiver, his eyes makes me quiver and melt, his voice gives me confidence and courage. He died for my sake because we were on the way to Port Harcourt for Silvia’s Court wedding when we had the accident that took him from me. He had come all the way from Lagos to attend the wedding because I requested for his presence, if he had not come, he would be alive today. I have lived with this guilt since the day I recovered from the hospital after the accident.

Baba said I would find love again; in this world or the next? Will I be able to allow another man to touch me? Can another man ever take Ayo’s place in my life?
I used the Pillow to cover my face as I cried bitterly. Love has eluded me in the midst of all my accomplishment in life, and if by chance Baba’s prophesy comes to manifestation in my life time, then I shall write another book.

THE END

7 Likes

Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by rofemiguwa(f): 2:19pm On Apr 03, 2015
Finallly!!! All is well that ends well, thank you dom for d beautiful story

1 Like

Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by joliematt(f): 3:56pm On Apr 03, 2015
wow speechless, I knw u will definitely find love tank u for ur nice story

1 Like

Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by jaymomma(f): 6:23pm On Apr 03, 2015
Befitting ending. The ending gives satisfaction but also gives a yearning for more.

1 Like

Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by ifyude(f): 6:42pm On Apr 03, 2015
Thank you Dom for a work well done.pls when are we expecting your next work.

1 Like

Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by Peacefulness: 7:16pm On Apr 03, 2015
Nice work Doma. Hope you publish all your works. You are indeed a great writer.

1 Like

Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by missuniverse(f): 9:03pm On Apr 03, 2015
dis is inspiring

when one does well ,he deserves a praise; if he does bad ,he deserves a reproach.
A million thanks doma,
And God bless u
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by tolam4skywd(m): 9:46pm On Apr 03, 2015
Dis story is so on point like decimal and its inspiring.. Thumbs up, boss
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by DOMAWOLEYE(m): 11:38pm On Apr 03, 2015
missuniverse:
dis is inspiring

when one does well ,he deserves a praise; if he does bad ,he deserves a reproach.
A million thanks doma,
And God bless u

Thanks a lot for your time and encouragement. God bless u too
Re: Restless...story Of A Survivor. by DOMAWOLEYE(m): 11:40pm On Apr 03, 2015
Peacefulness:
Nice work Doma. Hope you publish all your works. You are indeed a great writer.

Thanks a lot Peace. I hope to publish too but I don't want to fall into the wrong hands. Thanks for ur time. God bless u.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Whispers On Christmas Night (horror) / Nairaland Detection Club / A Strange Love (18+)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 161
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.