Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,321 members, 7,780,798 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:31 PM

The Comment Without Any 'Like', Wins. (LIKERS' PARADISE) - Forum Games (245) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Forum Games / The Comment Without Any 'Like', Wins. (LIKERS' PARADISE) (463273 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) ... (715) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Comment Without Any 'Like', Wins. (LIKERS' PARADISE) by Ishilove: 12:01am On Apr 15, 2018
Kyase:
don't worry light dey and e dey rain, so you see, weather for thinking...
Yeye cheesy

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Comment Without Any 'Like', Wins. (LIKERS' PARADISE) by Kyase(m): 12:04am On Apr 15, 2018
Proudlyngwa:

Actually the greatest of men is he who can control that which controls others

His Emotions
absolute on point

5 Likes

Re: The Comment Without Any 'Like', Wins. (LIKERS' PARADISE) by Kyase(m): 12:05am On Apr 15, 2018
Ishilove:

Yeye cheesy
lol okay bye for now, till day break.

5 Likes

Re: The Comment Without Any 'Like', Wins. (LIKERS' PARADISE) by Proudlyngwa(m): 12:18am On Apr 15, 2018
naptu2:
Proudlyngwa, Ishilove, Kyase.
This was the movie of 1984. The soundtrack was awesome (Chaka Khan, McFadden & Whitehead, etc). Breakdance The Movie.

This was where they realised that they needed Kelly. The MC rapping on stage is Ice T. He now acts in Law And Order SVU as Detective Fin Tutuola

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2guxhefWrQ

This is one of my favourite scenes (Turbo dancing with a broom).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEoaN9qIxFs

Teaching Kelly to breakdance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-q2CNPDfOU

The final dance scene. Breakdance mixed with classical ballet. This is where I fell in love with the song Ain't No Stopping Us by McFadden & Whitehead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkIYF80xSdw
Remember watching this movie, but it's been long, will make a reminder to dig it up. Didn't know the names of the actors then, If I can remember I think it was on DBN or LTWV. Didn't know the actors then, but certainly knew the songs, as old man had them on turntable.

I guess this film, motivated save the last dance, you got served and empire the series(though I didn't watch it after a few episodes) Don't know about drumline though.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Comment Without Any 'Like', Wins. (LIKERS' PARADISE) by Proudlyngwa(m): 12:27am On Apr 15, 2018
Ishilove:

I was born with soul cool

I think the Nigerian version was Sunday Rendezvous
Sunday Rendezvous was the 12 or 1 'o' clock show sponsored by limca and goldspot. There was a late night version on radio, can't remember the station I think it was on Friday nights, with a signature tune of soul to soul

3 Likes

Re: The Comment Without Any 'Like', Wins. (LIKERS' PARADISE) by naptu2: 12:34am On Apr 15, 2018
Proudlyngwa:

Sunday Rendezvous was the 12 or 1 'o' clock show sponsored by limca and goldspot. There was a late night version on radio, can't remember the station I think it was on Friday nights, with a signature tune of soul to soul

On radio? Friday nights? Mid or late 1990s?

(I think I know what you are talking about).

5 Likes

Re: The Comment Without Any 'Like', Wins. (LIKERS' PARADISE) by Proudlyngwa(m): 12:39am On Apr 15, 2018
naptu2:

On radio? Friday nights? Mid or late 1990s?

(I think I know what you are talking about).

Mid to late 90's

3 Likes

Re: The Comment Without Any 'Like', Wins. (LIKERS' PARADISE) by naptu2: 12:46am On Apr 15, 2018
Proudlyngwa:

Mid to late 90's

I think you are referring to Open House Party.

Dr Levi Ajuonuma was the last host of The Sunday Show on NTA Channel 10 (previously hosted by Sylvester Ofuogu in the 1980s). He also hosted other shows on the NTA.

In the mid 1990s he created a show called Open House Party which was broadcast on RayPower FM. It was basically a party on radio. It was sometimes hosted at various night clubs in Lagos and at other times the show was done in the studio.

Many famous people appeared on the show and various DJs played popular music.

Levi Ajuonuma was later appointed as the head of public affairs at the NNPC, but he still hosted the show occasionally.

Dr Levi Ajuonuma was killed in the 2012 Dana Air crash.

5 Likes

Re: The Comment Without Any 'Like', Wins. (LIKERS' PARADISE) by Proudlyngwa(m): 1:13am On Apr 15, 2018
naptu2:

Dr Levi Ajuonuma was the last host of The Sunday Show on NTA Channel 10 (previously hosted by Sylvester Ofuogu in the 1980s). He also hosted other shows on the NTA.

In the mid 1990s he created a show called Open House Party which was broadcast on RayPower FM. It was basically a party on radio. It was sometimes hosted at various night clubs in Lagos and at other times the show was done in the studio.

Levi Ajuonuma was later appointed as the head of public affairs at the NNPC, but he still hosted the show occasionally.

I remember the Sunday show very well, because Dr Levi was a family friend and old man always wanted to see his face on television. May his soul rest in peace. I don't really remember the open house party, as we didn't get much signal strength from Ray power then.
I think this program am trying to remember was a call in program, mostly slow soul music, with a male anchor and it usually extended way into midnight. Like I said it had the signature tune of soul to soul sang in a slow way. Between 1996 and 2000.
I really feel nostalgic thinking of it

4 Likes

Re: The Comment Without Any 'Like', Wins. (LIKERS' PARADISE) by tunapa2009(m): 4:40pm On Apr 15, 2018
This is becoming interesting!!.

4 Likes

Re: The Comment Without Any 'Like', Wins. (LIKERS' PARADISE) by armadeo(m): 5:52pm On Apr 15, 2018
Old school boys in the house...

Ps you all know who did it right?

4 Likes

Re: The Comment Without Any 'Like', Wins. (LIKERS' PARADISE) by Ishilove: 6:52pm On Apr 15, 2018
Proudlyngwa:

I remember the Sunday show very well, because Dr Levi was a family friend and old man always wanted to see his face on television. May his soul rest in peace. I don't really remember the open house party, as we didn't get much signal strength from Ray power then.
I think this program am trying to remember was a call in program, mostly slow soul music, with a male anchor and it usually extended way into midnight. Like I said it had the signature tune of soul to soul sang in a slow way. Between 1996 and 2000.
I really feel nostalgic thinking of it
His death shocked me. My dad was a HUGE fan

5 Likes

Re: The Comment Without Any 'Like', Wins. (LIKERS' PARADISE) by Ishilove: 6:55pm On Apr 15, 2018
naptu2:

Smarty pants tongue kiss

5 Likes

Re: The Comment Without Any 'Like', Wins. (LIKERS' PARADISE) by Proudlyngwa(m): 7:11pm On Apr 15, 2018
armadeo:
Old school boys in the house...

Ps you all know who did it right?
Yeah Johnny Blaze

5 Likes

Re: The Comment Without Any 'Like', Wins. (LIKERS' PARADISE) by Nobody: 8:05pm On Apr 15, 2018
I can't believe we where beaten by new castle utd today embarassed

5 Likes

Re: The Comment Without Any 'Like', Wins. (LIKERS' PARADISE) by Proudlyngwa(m): 8:29pm On Apr 15, 2018
PRESENTATION:
I can't believe we where beaten by new castle utd today embarassed

It's better than being beaten by West Brom Goddamit you were beaten by Newcastle in their home, we were beaten by West Brom in our home

4 Likes

Re: The Comment Without Any 'Like', Wins. (LIKERS' PARADISE) by Bantino(m): 9:00pm On Apr 15, 2018
Proudlyngwa:

It's better than being beaten by West Brom Goddamit you were beaten by Newcastle in their home, we were beaten by West Brom in our home

Goddamit

5 Likes

Re: The Comment Without Any 'Like', Wins. (LIKERS' PARADISE) by Proudlyngwa(m): 9:03pm On Apr 15, 2018
Bantino:

Goddamit

Thank God I didn't watch the match, I might have sent amadioha after mourinho.

Kyase can you see how bus parking is painful, when it is used against you.

4 Likes

Re: The Comment Without Any 'Like', Wins. (LIKERS' PARADISE) by Bantino(m): 9:06pm On Apr 15, 2018
Proudlyngwa:

Didn't watch it too but when I saw Lindelof on the starting eleven, I knew it was not gonna be a good day.

5 Likes

Re: The Comment Without Any 'Like', Wins. (LIKERS' PARADISE) by Proudlyngwa(m): 9:08pm On Apr 15, 2018
Bantino:

Didn't watch it too but when I saw Lindelof on the starting eleven, I knew it was not gonna be a good day.
whenever I see young as part of the back four, I just turn off the TV and start watching the wall. grin

4 Likes

Re: The Comment Without Any 'Like', Wins. (LIKERS' PARADISE) by Bantino(m): 9:13pm On Apr 15, 2018
Proudlyngwa:
whenever I see young as part of the back four, I just turn off the TV and start watching the wall. grin

Hahahahaaaa

5 Likes

Re: The Comment Without Any 'Like', Wins. (LIKERS' PARADISE) by Kyase(m): 9:29pm On Apr 15, 2018
Proudlyngwa:

we played well, we just missed some glorious chances.

5 Likes

Re: The Comment Without Any 'Like', Wins. (LIKERS' PARADISE) by naptu2: 2:29am On Apr 16, 2018
I almost forgot! I said that there were many sitcoms in the 1990s and early 2000s that featured Soul Train lines and that I would post a video of one of them.

This is one of the best of those Soul Train reenactments, partly because Don Cornelius actually featured in it. It's the Fresh Prince of Bel Air.

I also need to explain the very last part of the video. In 1985 or '86 the NTA showed a video of a young boy that was immitating Michael Jackson on stage. His dance steps and miming were executed perfectly. Michael Jackson saw this young boy and was so impressed by his performance that he invited him to feature in one of his Pepsi commercials.

That young boy's name is Alphonso Ribeiro and you might know him as Carlton Banks, Will Smith's cousin in the Fresh Prince Of Bel Air.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOze1M1cRIQ

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Comment Without Any 'Like', Wins. (LIKERS' PARADISE) by naptu2: 3:28am On Apr 16, 2018
Michael Jackson, The Jacksons and a very young Alphonso Ribeiro.

1984 Pepsi advert.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Md5lPyuvsk

5 Likes

Re: The Comment Without Any 'Like', Wins. (LIKERS' PARADISE) by Proudlyngwa(m): 5:04am On Apr 16, 2018
naptu2:
Michael Jackson, The Jacksons and a very young Alphonso Ribeiro.

1984 Pepsi advert.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Md5lPyuvsk

This advert was played till early 90s in Lagos.

I think that was will smiths quarrelsome cousin

4 Likes

Re: The Comment Without Any 'Like', Wins. (LIKERS' PARADISE) by Proudlyngwa(m): 5:06am On Apr 16, 2018
Kyase:
we played well, we just missed some glorious chances.
From what I heard, we played rubbish.

4 Likes

Re: The Comment Without Any 'Like', Wins. (LIKERS' PARADISE) by Proudlyngwa(m): 5:10am On Apr 16, 2018
naptu2:
I almost forgot! I said that there were many sitcoms in the 1990s and early 2000s that featured Soul Train lines and that I would post a video of one of them.

This is one of the best of those Soul Train reenactments, partly because Don Cornelius actually featured in it. It's the Fresh Prince of Bel Air.

I also need to explain the very last part of the video. In 1985 or '86 the NTA showed a video of a young boy that was immitating Michael Jackson on stage. His dance steps and miming were executed perfectly. Michael Jackson saw this young boy and was so impressed by his performance that he invited him to feature in one of his Pepsi commercials.

That young boy's name is Alphonso Ribeiro and you might know him as Carlton Banks, Will Smith's cousin in the Fresh Prince Of Bel Air.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOze1M1cRIQ

Now I remember Don cornelius very well

Who has the song in the video

This guy with Doctor-who popularised sweaters that year

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Comment Without Any 'Like', Wins. (LIKERS' PARADISE) by Kyase(m): 7:30am On Apr 16, 2018
Proudlyngwa:

From what I heard, we played rubbish.
Not really...

5 Likes

Re: The Comment Without Any 'Like', Wins. (LIKERS' PARADISE) by naptu2: 7:42am On Apr 16, 2018
Proudlyngwa:

Now I remember Don cornelius very well

Who has the song in the video

This guy with Doctor-who popularised sweaters that year

Zhane - Groove Thang (1994).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SVszYWFdvc

5 Likes

Re: The Comment Without Any 'Like', Wins. (LIKERS' PARADISE) by armadeo(m): 8:04am On Apr 16, 2018
naptu2:

One hit wonders.

Jaynay.

This guy you really are nostalgic. I love your threads on the past. Makes one wonder if things were that good or we weren't bothered with the stress of life.

4 Likes

Re: The Comment Without Any 'Like', Wins. (LIKERS' PARADISE) by Proudlyngwa(m): 7:17pm On Apr 16, 2018
naptu2:

I thought that song was from the 80's thanks for the clarification

4 Likes

Re: The Comment Without Any 'Like', Wins. (LIKERS' PARADISE) by naptu2: 7:38pm On Apr 16, 2018
Proudlyngwa:

I thought that song was from the 80's thanks for the clarification

They were popular in the mid-1990s and had quite a few hits. My favourite is Listen To That Vibe (1994).

They also had hits like Hey Mr DJ (1993), Sending My Love (1994), Shame (1994) and It's A Party (with Busta Rhymes) (1996).

I think Groove Thang was in the soundtrack of a movie, but I can't remember which movie.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) ... (715) (Reply)

Let's Play This Word Game Called Last Man Standing / Be The Last Person To Post Here: / ~<<The Last Person To Post In This Thread Wins>>~

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.