Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,460 members, 7,808,643 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:43 PM

Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . (20035 Views)

An Atheist In Love With A Christian / How To Destroy An Atheist In An Argument - 6 Steps / Will You Vote For An Atheist In An Election? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . by 30secs(m): 2:23pm On Jun 28, 2014
Serves him right! grin
Re: Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 2:40pm On Jun 28, 2014
freedom of worship,allow the man to be
Re: Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . by Trojan00(m): 2:48pm On Jun 28, 2014
olashas:
Word
you are wise my sister
Re: Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . by MrMac10(m): 3:31pm On Jun 28, 2014
Typical of a third world country. HUNGER AND EXTREME POVERTY HAS MURDERED OUR SENSE OF REASONING AND JUDGMENT

3 Likes

Re: Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . by Akinsnaira: 3:42pm On Jun 28, 2014
Religion is for the weak, who hope there is a better life(paradise) somewhere which they take solace from when they are languishing in this world, thereby unable to speak for themselves. I would say religion has enabled corruption to linger on in this country, as people believe their illusory God will come to their rescue someday and make their villainous leaders to account for all their misdeeds.

No-religion means you are a realist and able to think straight. Just imagin how powerful and determined people would become when they realized that their fate is in their own hands, not with one phantom God coming to liberate them. This man is a realist, and his reality notion has not gone down well with his people living in delusion, sometimes it takes ages for people like this to progress to the same mental wavelenght as this man.

As history had it that, most, if not all, of the great philosophers e.g. Socrate, Plato, Aristotle, Emphilius etc whose works and researches set solid pedestals for today's modern science, were brutally rejected by people in their generation, some of them were even stoned to death by the religious bigots of their time. But today we worship them as scholars, because they were able to think out of the box.

It takes creative and innovative mind to reason beyond your environment and norms/beliefs therein

2 Likes

Re: Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . by Ndababa(m): 4:17pm On Jun 28, 2014
"A guy says he is a governor. He said there is no God. He made other claims and some trivial lies. Doctors said he has mental illness and admit his into psychiatric ward.
Human right organizations and social media activists want the guy's parents and the doctors to "leave him alone" because these groups love him more than his parents and doctors. Funny! Isn't it?"

Dr Abdullahi Dahiru ||

The problem with some people is that they never get to hear the both sides of stories before giving their verdict - especially if Islam is the centre of discussion!
Re: Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . by barruke: 4:23pm On Jun 28, 2014
Ceasar1: Give Your Life to Christ, Ediot!

New Forum:- Www.-.com.ng
Remove the “dash”. cheesy
Oga u can say that without sounding spiteful. Tnx.
Re: Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . by barruke: 4:29pm On Jun 28, 2014
Talkcentral: not fair though

Woman gives birth after 14 years pregnancy in Lagos (Photo)
>>> http://www./nigerian-politics-news/woman-gives-birth-after-14-years-pregnancy-in-lagos/
Pictures or u are on ur own.
Re: Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jun 28, 2014
freethinker01: buh on a more serious note, the both religions are the worst things that have happened to humanity.

Your useless thought though. What a baseless assertion undecided
Re: Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . by seanet02: 5:45pm On Jun 28, 2014
Pat eniya: The man need serious deliverance
You are the one that need deliverance
Re: Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . by freethinker01: 5:56pm On Jun 28, 2014
himkers:

Your useless thought though. What a baseless assertion undecided
well, that's a discussion 4 another day. U know noting 'bout the religion u dogmatically follow... It's up to u to realise yourself what u've expended ur tym, money energy in is nothing but a waste. I was also in shakles like u buh due to a lot of research, findings and thinking i become a freeman...
Re: Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . by usba: 6:37pm On Jun 28, 2014
freethinker01: buh on a more serious note, the both religions are the worst things that have happened to humanity.
humans are the worst thing to happen to humanity, go read about how atheists under the leadership of stalin in USSR literally caused the death of millions, atheistic philosophy like nazism have wreck more havoc on humanity than the combination of all religions! We are lucky that atheists haven't been able to gain the opportunity of out numbering us, read the quote of one ur atheists co-traveller who said religion is a delusion now imagine if such persons out number those who profess a religion who knows we may all be locked up in assylums!
Re: Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jun 28, 2014
this should be in the muslim section... what this has to do with christians is totally beyond me. The hypocrisy and dishonesty of the atheist is quite funny.
Re: Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . by freethinker01: 8:20pm On Jun 28, 2014
usba: humans are the worst thing to happen to humanity, go read about how atheists under the leadership of stalin in USSR literally caused the death of millions, atheistic philosophy like nazism have wreck more havoc on humanity than the combination of all religions! We are lucky that atheists haven't been able to gain the opportunity of out numbering us, read the quote of one ur atheists co-traveller who said religion is a delusion now imagine if such persons out number those who profess a religion who knows we may all be locked up in assylums!
like i mentioned earlier, i wouldn't like 2 derail this thread... It's a discussion 4 another day... Stay cool.
Re: Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . by usba: 8:25pm On Jun 28, 2014
freethinker01: like i mentioned earlier, i wouldn't like 2 derail this thread... It's a discussion 4 another day... Stay cool.
k
Re: Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . by Elythron16zero4: 9:46pm On Jun 28, 2014
PAGAN 9JA:
Ehen thats you say about us on NL. don't worry i will report u to oga in the office. i know it's you. ur id is not hidden from me grin grin

grin
Re: Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . by Elythron16zero4: 9:47pm On Jun 28, 2014
Re: Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . by TheBigUrban2: 9:56pm On Jun 28, 2014
davidylan: this should be in the muslim section... what this has to do with christians is totally beyond me. The hypocrisy and dishonesty of the atheist is quite funny.

It is fear now!!!

Cant you see that e-boko haram held nairaland hostage and took it down?
Re: Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . by Elythron16zero4: 10:01pm On Jun 28, 2014
Atigba: This is what you get when living around religions wakos.exactly what is happening to me in my office they think am insane for not believing any religion but they are all hyprocrates praying every day even in the office stealing government money
Ehen thats what you say about us on NL. don't worry i will report u to oga in the office. i know it's you. ur id is not hidden from me grin grin

grin
Re: Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . by MicroBox: 11:10pm On Jun 28, 2014
Please Ya Allah give him reason to come back to the religion of truth and worship no one but you. Grant him a true Akhida. Forgive him ya Allah.
Re: Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . by Weah96: 11:12pm On Jun 28, 2014
usba: humans are the worst thing to happen to humanity, go read about how atheists under the leadership of stalin in USSR literally caused the death of millions, atheistic philosophy like nazism have wreck more havoc on humanity than the combination of all religions! We are lucky that atheists haven't been able to gain the opportunity of out numbering us, read the quote of one ur atheists co-traveller who said religion is a delusion now imagine if such persons out number those who profess a religion who knows we may all be locked up in assylums!

Atheism was NEVER a requirement in Nazi Germany. Every member of the Nazi armed forces wore the phrase Gott Mit Uns ( God with us) on their belt buckle
Hitler stated openly, as late as 1941, that he was in fact a Catholic. In his book Mein Kampf, he wrote, “. . . I am convinced that I am acting as the agent of our Creator. By fighting off the Jews, I am doing the Lord’s work." It was the legendary anti Semitic rhetoric and publications of the Roman Catholic church that inspired him to massacre people of Jewish descent.
As for Stalin, there is no proof whatsoever that he killed people because he didn't believe that a dead Jew resurrected himself from the grave. In fact, your argument implies that the only thing preventing you from following in Stalin's footsteps is your belief in God. There is no directive or decree in atheism which mandates that delusional people be killed. Atheists simply do not believe in a sky daddy figure watching over them. In fact, most atheists believe in God, if the word God is defined properly.

1 Like

Re: Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . by Nobody: 11:19pm On Jun 28, 2014
Weah96:

Atheism was NEVER a requirement in Nazi Germany. Every member of the Nazi armed forces wore the phrase Gott Mit Uns ( God with us) on their belt buckle
Hitler stated openly, as late as 1941, that he was in fact a Catholic. In his book Mein Kampf, he wrote, “. . . I am convinced that I am acting as the agent of our Creator. By fighting off the Jews, I am doing the Lord’s work." It was the legendary anti Semitic rhetoric and publications of the Roman Catholic church that inspired him to massacre people of Jewish descent.
As for Stalin, there is no proof whatsoever that he killed people because he didn't believe that a dead Jew resurrected himself from the grave. In fact, your argument implies that the only thing preventing you from following in Stalin's footsteps is your belief in God. There is no directive or decree in atheism which mandates that delusional people be killed. Atheists simply do not believe in a sky daddy figure watching over them. In fact, most atheists believe in God, if the word God is defined properly.
...you are just confused. Jesus will still be there
Re: Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . by Weah96: 11:48pm On Jun 28, 2014
Samakinr:
...you are just confused. Jesus will still be there
Isn't he already EVERYWHERE, according to your know-it-all manual?
Re: Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . by Nobody: 11:59pm On Jun 28, 2014
Weah96:
Isn't he already EVERYWHERE, according to your know-it-all manual?
...yea He is everywhere, but He wants to live in you. He said, ' I stand at the door and i knock, if anyone will hear my voice and open the door of His heart'...brother, it will require faith for you to believe in the Almighty...i know it is hard, but that first step of confessing and believing is just the first step you have to take. 'for God so love the world, that he gave His only begotten son, that whoever believe in Him, shall not die but have eternal life'....
Re: Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . by Weah96: 12:28am On Jun 29, 2014
Samakinr:
...yea He is everywhere, but He wants to live in you. He said, ' I stand at the door and i knock, if anyone will hear my voice and open the door of His heart'...brother, it will require faith for you to believe in the Almighty...i know it is hard, but that first step of confessing and believing is just the first step you have to take. 'for God so love the world, that he gave His only begotten son, that whoever believe in Him, shall not die but have eternal life'....

I didn't ask anyone to sacrifice their child on my behalf. In fact, I prefer to die rather than make a request of that nature. Human sacrifice is not my thing. Your evangelism here is futile btw. You come with single and convenient bible verses, while I have read it from cover to cover.

3 Likes

Re: Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . by Nobody: 2:43am On Jun 29, 2014
Weah96:

I didn't ask anyone to sacrifice their child on my behalf. In fact, I prefer to die rather than make a request of that nature. Human sacrifice is not my thing. Your evangelism here is futile btw. You come with single and convenient bible verses, while I have read it from cover to cover.
...yea and that's the problem...'your seemingly knowledge of the bible from cover to cover'...however what will you say to this verse...'the letter killeth, but it is the Spirit that giveth life'... Reading the bible frm cover to cover is never anything in the sight of the Almighty...but rather wether your heart is opened to receive inspiration from Him. This is what will give you life, a direct fellowship with God thru His word. Perhaps you change your mind soon, Jesus will still be there for you. Luv ya
Re: Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . by mazaje(m): 6:45am On Jun 29, 2014
davidylan: this should be in the muslim section... what this has to do with christians is totally beyond me. The hypocrisy and dishonesty of the atheist is quite funny.

And when has this section become a christian section?. . .Any body can post here, the topic affects an atheist and as such can be posted here, since atheist also belong to this section. . .As usual your position is to try and discredit the atheist at any given time. . .

2 Likes

Re: Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . by Nobody: 7:28am On Jun 29, 2014
Unfortunately, tools like maclatunji, tbaba1234 and others are nowhere to be found. Wetin concern them? grin grin

Supporting idiocy by silence... that's the motto of our 'liberal and educated' Muslims.

4 Likes

Re: Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . by Onyegecha(f): 7:36am On Jun 29, 2014
usba: christians are very good in concealing their evil, in Jordan a christian man killed his own daughter for converting to Islam, in sri lanka budhist are attacking muslims and recently christians, in new york a christian murdered a woman for being a witch etc the lists are endless, it seems the media only finds muslim related story as being juicy or out of a deliberate policy, and hence the numerous evils christians do go unnoticed!

What i know for sure is that the organized religions that came to Nigeria sowed seeds of discord and put a sword to the things that held us together. Catholics were primed to hate protestants and vice versa. That enmity persists till today but is veiled. Christian denominations have been given many reasons why only people of their own sect will be acceptable to God. The same sentiment was also sold to Muslims. Some adherents have taken these ridiculous beliefs to the extreme and so now, even taking the lives of others has become an exercise in faith. Our redemption will come when we learn to query religious beliefs that are not in agreement with common sense.

2 Likes

Re: Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . by Nobody: 10:35am On Jun 29, 2014
mazaje:

And when has this section become a christian section?. . .Any body can post here, the topic affects an atheist and as such can be posted here, since atheist also belong to this section. . .As usual your position is to try and discredit the atheist at any given time. . .

Sigh. the usual thoughtless knee-jerk reaction. Note that i did not at any point say that only a specific set of people are allowed to post here. However, since the topic of the thread is a MUSLIM reaction to atheism and there EXISTS a muslim section specifically dedicated to discussing muslim issues... shouldn't this thread be posted in the muslim section instead? Simple question that did not warrant the foaming in the mouth straw man arguments.

Good luck.
Re: Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . by mazaje(m): 11:59am On Jun 29, 2014
davidylan:

Sigh. the usual thoughtless knee-jerk reaction. Note that i did not at any point say that only a specific set of people are allowed to post here. However, since the topic of the thread is a MUSLIM reaction to atheism and there EXISTS a muslim section specifically dedicated to discussing muslim issues... shouldn't this thread be posted in the muslim section instead? Simple question that did not warrant the foaming in the mouth straw man arguments.

Good luck.

It involves an atheist and i choose to post it here, cry me a river. . .
Re: Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . by Bome01(m): 1:08pm On Jun 29, 2014
Weah96:

Yea, they often underestimate the implications of their belief systems. There should be no distinction between the atheist and the Muslim, from the Christian perspective. As far as Jesus is concerned, you either follow him as instructed, or he uses your corpse to make suya. Believing in God doesn't help.
Can U imagine, U don turn Jesus to Mesuya?!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Jesus Never Wore Robe: A Preaching Against Men Who Wear Women's Clothing / Jehovah's Witnesses Cult Exposed! / RCCG Has Over 200,000 Pastors In Nigeria — Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.