Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,539 members, 7,808,991 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:39 PM

Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here - Jobs/Vacancies (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here (145377 Views)

INEC Recruitment 2014 (ADHOC Staff Vacancies)-apply / Nigerian Navy Recruitment 2014/2015 Is Out / Oando Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (44) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by TOYNEX(f): 11:01pm On Jul 14, 2014
Olutola88: Mr Paroman, more of the case study questions please!
oga paro,abeg No leave us now..... pls i kno i vé not being participatin but God knows I'm busy dats y but I always peep in sometimes... I hope to find tim for d next case.... God willing

1 Like

Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by Rich4god(m): 11:33am On Jul 15, 2014
Good day guys... These question goes out to my fellow engrs (and all those who studied non-financial related courses)... Assuming during the interview with UBN, you were asked "why did you choose a career in banking and not a career in your course of study"...How will you respond to that... Any idea...
Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by chudidonas(m): 1:55pm On Jul 15, 2014
Rich4god: Good day guys... These question goes out to my fellow engrs (and all those who studied non-financial related courses)... Assuming during the interview with UBN, you were asked "why did you choose a career in banking and not a career in your course of study"...How will you respond to that... Any idea...

Because I like seeing and counting money everyday? Is it a good answer? grin grin
Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by Rich4god(m): 1:57pm On Jul 15, 2014
chudidonas:

Because I like seeing and counting money everyday? Is it a good answer? grin grin
lol... Guy be serious na...
Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by XtraSmooth404: 2:09pm On Jul 15, 2014
Rich4god: Good day guys... These question goes out to my fellow engrs (and all those who studied non-financial related courses)... Assuming during the interview with UBN, you were asked "why did you choose a career in banking and not a career in your course of study"...How will you respond to that... Any idea...
see wahala oh! Are u not in Nigeria? Shebi na una advertised for 2.1 graduates in any discipline? undecided I applied, passed the test, so WTF! grin

2 Likes

Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jul 15, 2014
XtraSmooth404:
see wahala oh! Are u not in Nigeria? Shebi na una advertised for 2.1 graduates in any discipline? undecided I applied, passed the test, so WTF! grin

LMFAO!!!!! As in, apt answer. By the way, is this scad?

1 Like

Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by novia22(f): 10:00pm On Jul 15, 2014
Maya2pretty: I just did

Regret.....ah ahn?

well on to d next grin

Good Luck guys, guess d test was too fast for me

Toynex and novia22 my dear girls, hope u got success oh?

Mayapretty love...Sorry i never respond too...been busy.....I got a regret mail too...remain small I for faint that night....got depressed a lil but am passed that ..God knows best.....
For all of yo hu got success mails, God bless yo struggle....luv u guys...
TOYNEX....I sight u....God make u bigger in Union bank....xoxo

4 Likes

Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by Maya2pretty(f): 8:32am On Jul 16, 2014
novia22:

Mayapretty love...Sorry i never respond too...been busy.....I got a regret mail too...remain small I for faint that night....got depressed a lil but am passed that ..God knows best.....
correct babe....on to other things

Neva give up on your dreams smiley

1 Like

Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by Emeca: 8:41am On Jul 16, 2014

tho my course is generic, i second this.....any takers??

1 Like

Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by cigie(m): 2:09pm On Jul 18, 2014
Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by sirmielee(m): 3:49pm On Jul 18, 2014
thanks @all
Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by eldega: 4:29pm On Jul 18, 2014
sirmielee: I want serious suggestion from the group.

I had started off with banking on quite a rugged note, started off as a DSA with a local bank on a basic pay of 28k. During that time I had written different test and sent out lots of Cv's. part of the test I wrote are keystone dragnet bank test,Union bank dragnet test,Theois bank dragnet test.

Amidst all of that I got another offer from an international bank for a sales role with 65-70k basic pay. Its a 2yr Fixed term contract.

I got an interview invite for the Theois bank job but had to turn it down because it isn't a commercial bank.

on the first day of my training I got a success mail from dragnet for the union bank job.

As part of the criteria for the union bank job is that u must not be more than 26 before the end of mar 2014. My birthday is April when I will exceed that stipulated age.

Too frequent changes from a place of work to another I.e high turnover on ones CV is another disadvantage.

suggestions are needed on the following basis

1. Age at the point of interview, does it matter?

2. Should I abandon the union bank job and concentrate on what I have now as they are incomparable in terms of brand name?

3. If it were u, what will you do?

4. Is the union bank job worth giving it a try?

All suggestions are welcomed as none will be treated as insignificant.

I need it just to see from other people's point of view cos I have my decision to make.

pm and lets talk.......
Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by sirmielee(m): 5:43pm On Jul 18, 2014
eldega:

pm and lets talk.......

I am not a regular user on this portal so I don't know how to pm here except we hook up elsewhere on another platform say bbm, whatsapp or mail
Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by ikevin(m): 6:37pm On Jul 18, 2014
Sup guys, who in the house has any information regarding the time we would be invited for interviews. Once again congrats to those of us that passed, felt good passing after jacking gmat, gre,gse, cat abi na dog sef grin
Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by TOYNEX(f): 7:05pm On Jul 18, 2014
novia22:

Amen God willing.... Tx Dearie

1 Like

Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by happydasy: 7:21pm On Jul 18, 2014
ikevin: Sup guys, who in the house has any information regarding the time we would be invited for interviews. Once again congrats to those of us that passed, felt good passing after jacking gmat, gre,gse, cat abi na dog sef grin
ok u want 2 knw d time for interview? Its 1st week of August grin
Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by supadave: 7:52pm On Jul 18, 2014
Is it worth it forfeiting an ongoing m sc program for this ubn job? Pls i need honest n candid responses n i did a science related course in sch.
Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by TOYNEX(f): 8:30pm On Jul 18, 2014
sirmielee: I want serious suggestion from the group.

suggestions are needed on the following basis

1. Age at the point of interview, does it matter?

2. Should I abandon the union bank job and concentrate on what I have now as they are incomparable in terms of brand name?

3. If it were u, what will you do?

4. Is the union bank job worth giving it a try?

All suggestions are welcomed as none will be treated as insignificant.

I need it just to see from other people's point of view cos I have my decision to make.
1. I don't know
2. A bird in the hand , they say it's worth more than ten in d bush
3. If it were m, I will sincerely wait on God and seek divine guidance..... d bible says: there is a way that seemeth right unto man, but d end thereof is destruction.....
4. Every opportunity is worth given a try.... wisely
... wish u best of luck.

2 Likes

Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by TOYNEX(f): 8:41pm On Jul 18, 2014
supadave: Is it worth it forfeiting an ongoing m sc program for this ubn job? Pls i need honest n candid responses n i did a science related course in sch.
yes... if and only if u have a job in waiting after d program..... just my take....
a beg who help m see Oga Paroman? even if u no give us case study, no abscond now...
Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by ikevin(m): 8:56pm On Jul 18, 2014
supadave: Is it worth it forfeiting an ongoing m sc program for this ubn job? Pls i need honest n candid responses n i did a science related course in sch.
sup dave, mehn!!! You are in a bit of a quandary right there brof. Q1-What is the essence of your M.Sc? Q2- Why did you apply for M.Sc? Q3-Which is more important to you? Q4- Did you apply for M.Sc. because there was no employment? Q5- Did you apply for M.Sc. to better your chances in the labour market or to be a lecturer? I really hope I half your worries by the time you answer the questions I posed #StayBlessed
Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 11:25pm On Jul 18, 2014
Guys abeg make una no vex, na that yeye antispambot ban me from this section since last week or so when I posted a case study here. angry Me no know wetin I do the thing oo, e just go ban me anyhow. Eh ehn..,, you antispambot, if you ever ban me again for this section, na Sango in collabo with Amadioha go strike your left yansh! angry angry grin

Rich4god:
Good day guys... These question goes out to my fellow engrs
(and all those who studied non-financial related courses)...
Assuming during the interview with UBN, you were asked
"why did you choose a career in banking and not a career in
your course of study"...How will you respond to that... Any
idea.

This question no too hard na, the koko be say make you tell interviewers wetin dem wan hear....all na lie grin. Say it in such a way you sef go confuse if you dey talk the truth or you dey lie grin. Although I studied a finance related course, I feel an answer like the one I posited below should suffice incase you are asked one in a Bank interview or any interview that does not relate to your course of study.

Interviewer: why do you want to leave engineering to pursue a career in Banking.

Me: *grinning from ear to ear*......
Although I studied engineering in the University, I have always felt if I should/could come to this world again, I definitely would want to be a banker. The banking sector is one area that I have always fancied since my teenage/ since I was in secondary school blah blah blah, especially when I listen to my Uncle/aunt/sister/enemy/father (who was a banker back then)talk about both the challenges and the career satisfaction he faced at his work place(Bank). I have always been a challenge-driven person, I set new targets and goals for myself and work tirelessly towards achieving those targets. Also, I believe my exceptional analytical skills will definitely make me fit in seamlessly into whatever department I find myself in a bank.

Furthermore, I have always valued integrity and from my
knowledge of the banking sector ( especially Union bank), I know integrity is the watchword.
This integrity-driven environment falls in line with my career goal,
my ideal workplace.
If those interviewers no gree this well arranged lie wey I say make una talk, just tell them say na thunder go fire them. grin

please note: The answer I gave above is just meant to serve as a guide incase you come across such a question in an interview. One is not meant to be mechanical, you can always tweak it whatever way you want to suit your profile more. All join cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by Perky89(m): 11:56pm On Jul 18, 2014
Paroman:

This question no too hard na, the koko be say you tell make you tell interviewers wetin dem wan hear. Say it in such a way you sef go confuse if you are saying the truth or you are lying. Although I studied a finance related course, I feel an answer like the one I posited below should suffice incase you are asked one in a Bank interview or any interview that does not relate to your course of study.

Interviewer: why do you want to leave engineering to pursue a career in Banking.

Although I studied engineering in the University, I have always felt if I should/could come to this world again, grin I definitely would want to be a bankergrin. The banking sector is one area that I have always fancied since my teenage/ since I was in secondary school blah blah blah, especially when I listen to my Uncle/aunt/sister/enemy/father (who was a banker back then)talk about both the challenges and the career satisfaction he faced at his work place(Bank). I have always been a challenge-driven person, I set new targets and goals for myself and work tirelessly towards achieving those targets. Also, I believe my exceptional analytical skills will definitely make me fit in seamlessly into whatever department I find myself in a bank.

knowledge of the banking sector ( especially Union bank), I know integrity is the watchword.
my ideal workplace.
If those interviewers no gree this well arranged lie wey I say make you talk, just tell them say na thunder go fire them. grin

grin grin...well cooked
Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 11:58pm On Jul 18, 2014
Ok new case study for us to brainstorm on. If that yeye antispambot try ban me again, na die e go be for two us be that.

Amalar, marketed by Nigerian multinational pharmaceutical corporation Pfizer as a calcium salt, is a member of the drug class known as statins, used for lowering blood cholesterol. As one of the best selling drugs in pharmaceutical history, sales of Amalar since it was approved in 1998 exceed N325 billion as of 2015, and the drug has topped the list of best-selling branded pharmaceuticals in Africa for nearly a decade. Now the real case question: what do you think is going to happen after the 2015 Nigerian presidential election if General Buhari wins and drug re-importation from Ghana is legalized? I’d like to know what you think the impact will be to the pharmaceutical industry in general, and to Amalar in particular. If it’s negative, how can we (Pfizer) mitigate it?

Additional Information: Amalar is used to treat high cholesterol, and to lower the risk of stroke, heart attack, or other heart complications in people with type 2 diabetes, coronary heart disease, or other risk factors. In Nigeria, the Amalar market is N12 Billion a year. Amalar is manufactured in Abia state.
What is drug re-importation? Drug re-importation refers to the practice of importing back to Nigeria prescription drugs that were originally manufactured in the Nigeria and exported for sale in another country.
Most often, Nigerians re- import drugs for personal use by filling their prescriptions in Ghana or Senegal pharmacies, either in person, or through mail-order or Internet pharmacies.Drug reimportation involves people in this country buying
Nigerian-made prescription drugs from countries to which Nig.
pharmaceutical companies export their products, either by
traveling there to buy drugs or purchasing them through the mail.
Further Explanation:

people re-import drugs to save cost because the drugs are
surprisingly cheaper in other countries Nigeria-made drugs were
exported to. Nigeria-made drugs could be cheaper lets say in
countries like Cameroon, Ghana etc because of difference in govt
policies affecting price of drugs in those countries.

1 Like

Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 12:14am On Jul 19, 2014
Toynex, ma'am I dey sight you from my area here in Sambisa. Dem don release me from my shackles, I don show! Oya take this offering basket, help me pass am around among your folks down there cheesy

I being dey think say those yeye hackers don hijack and annihilate your moniker commot patapata from nairaland ni. Thank God you are still alive. Happy new month grin

1 Like

Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by Rich4god(m): 7:05am On Jul 19, 2014
Paroman: Guys abeg make una no vex, na that yeye antispambot ban me from this section since last week or so when I posted a case study here. angry Me no know wetin I do the thing oo, e just go ban me anyhow. Eh ehn..,, you antispambot, if you ever ban me again for this section, na Sango in collabo with Amadioha go strike your left yansh! angry angry grin

This question no too hard na, the koko be say make you tell interviewers wetin dem wan hear....all na lie grin. Say it in such a way you sef go confuse if you dey the truth or you dey lie grin. Although I studied a finance related course, I feel an answer like the one I posited below should suffice incase you are asked one in a Bank interview or any interview that does not relate to your course of study.

Although I studied engineering in the University, I have always felt if I should/could come to this world again, I definitely would want to be a banker. The banking sector is one area that I have always fancied since my teenage/ since I was in secondary school blah blah blah, especially when I listen to my Uncle/aunt/sister/enemy/father (who was a banker back then)talk about both the challenges and the career satisfaction he faced at his work place(Bank). I have always been a challenge-driven person, I set new targets and goals for myself and work tirelessly towards achieving those targets. Also, I believe my exceptional analytical skills will definitely make me fit in seamlessly into whatever department I find myself in a bank.

my ideal workplace.
If those interviewers no gree this well arranged lie wey I say make una talk, just tell them say na thunder go fire them. grin
lol... I like your response.. But if na die hard interviewers, dem go fire you questions from this your reply...

1 Like

Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by happydasy: 7:24am On Jul 19, 2014
Paroman: Ok new case study for us to brainstorm on. If that yeye antispambot try ban me again, na die e go be for two us be that.

Amalar, marketed by Nigerian multinational pharmaceutical corporation Pfizer as a calcium salt, is a member of the drug class known as statins, used for lowering blood cholesterol. As one of the best selling drugs in pharmaceutical history, sales of Amalar since it was approved in 1998 exceed N325 billion as of 2015, and the drug has topped the list of best-selling branded pharmaceuticals in the Africa for nearly a decade. Now the real case question: what do you think is going to happen after the 2015 Nigerian presidential election if General Buhari wins and drug re-importation from Ghana is legalized? I’d like to know what you think the impact will be to the pharmaceutical industry in general, and to Amalar in particular. If it’s negative, how can we (Pfizer) mitigate it?

Additional Information: Amalar is used to treat high cholesterol, and to lower the risk of stroke, heart attack, or other heart complications in people with type 2 diabetes, coronary heart disease, or other risk factors. In Nigeria, the Amalar market is N12 Billion a year. Amalar is manufactured in Abia state.
What is drug re-importation? Drug re-importation refers to the practice of importing back to Nigeria prescription drugs that were originally manufactured in the Nigeria and exported for sale in another country.
Most often, Nigerians re- import drugs for personal use by filling their prescriptions in Ghana or Senegal pharmacies, either in person, or through mail-order or Internet pharmacies.
in 2015 we should not vote for Buhari oooo!if nt its bad market, GEJ all d way grin thank you sir.
Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 10:03am On Jul 19, 2014
Rich4god: lol... I like your response.. But if na die hard interviewers, dem go fire you questions from this your reply...
You should always expect questions thrown at you from whatever reply/lie you managed to cook. So you should always have an even better answer readily available for those expected questions. E.g.
1. Name of your Uncle/aunt (no go dey stammer if dem ask you for him name, na die be that o grin )
2. Bank he worked with back then
3 why you ended up studying Engineering instead of a finance related course. - just tell them(interviewers) say na your old man pressurize you into studying engineering against your choice. Say everybody for una family na technicians (plumber, mechanic, welder, electrician etc grin)and he wanted you to follow the same path.
happydasy: in 2015 we should not vote for Buhari oooo!if nt its bad market, GEJ all d way grin thank you sir.
Guy no make me vex swear for you o angry ....oya come answer this case study properly joor.
Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by uchennn: 10:48am On Jul 19, 2014
Paroman: Guys abeg make una no vex, na that yeye antispambot ban me from this section since last week or so when I posted a case study here. angry Me no know wetin I do the thing oo, e just go ban me anyhow. Eh ehn..,, you antispambot, if you ever ban me again for this section, na Sango in collabo with Amadioha go strike your left yansh! angry angry grin

This question no too hard na, the koko be say make you tell interviewers wetin dem wan hear....all na lie grin. Say it in such a way you sef go confuse if you dey the truth or you dey lie grin. Although I studied a finance related course, I feel an answer like the one I posited below should suffice incase you are asked one in a Bank interview or any interview that does not relate to your course of study.

my ideal workplace.

please note: The answer I gave above is just meant to serve as a guide incase you come across such a question in an interview. One is not meant to be mechanical, you can always tweak it whatever way you want to suit your profile more. All join cheesy
yimu undecided

my ideal workplace.
If those interviewers no gree this well arranged lie wey I say make una talk, just tell them say na thunder go fire them.

yimu grin
Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 10:55am On Jul 19, 2014
uchennn:
yimu undecided
yimu grin
and you had to quote my lengthy post twice just to type this balderdash? angry I hope you know thunder will fire you too? grin

2 Likes

Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by Rich4god(m): 12:35pm On Jul 19, 2014
Paroman: You should always expect questions thrown at you from whatever reply/lie you managed to cook. So you should always have an even better answer readily available for those expected questions. E.g.
1. Name of your Uncle/aunt (no go dey stammer if dem ask you for him name, na die be that o grin )
2. Bank he worked with back then
3 why you ended up studying Engineering instead of a finance related course. - just tell them(interviewers) say na your old man pressurize you into studying engineering against your choice. Say everybody for una family na technicians (plumber, mechanic, welder, electrician etc grin)and he wanted you to follow the same path.Guy no make me vex swear for you o angry ....oya come answer this case study properly joor.
lol... You don do PA to basket mouth before... But, what if someone tells them the truth... Like... " i applied for banking due to the economic situation of the country blah blah blah".... How does it sound...
Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by samukiwo(m): 1:02pm On Jul 19, 2014
Rich4god: lol... You don do PA to basket mouth before... But, what if someone tells them the truth... Like... " i applied for banking due to the economic situation of the country blah blah blah".... How does it sound...

Then u ain't ready to work in a bank.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (44) (Reply)

KPMG Graduate Aptitude Test 2013 / Peace Corps Of Nigeria Recruitment Form: Another Employment Scam? / Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.