Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,143 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:43 AM

All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (155816 Views)

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! / African Under 17 Nations Cup: Golden Eaglets trashed Gabon, qualifies. / President Jonathan Congratulates The Golden Eaglets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (64) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Zonacom(m): 5:08pm On Nov 05, 2014
Interesting to learn that Nigeria has got talents scattered everywhere who are willing to play for the national team. If only NFF will do their work, i bet Nigeria will become a football nation to recon with
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by joseph1013: 5:09pm On Nov 05, 2014
[b]
[size=16pt]De Jong Hails Nigeria For Producing Top Talent[/size]

A member of the Netherlands 1974 World Cup team, Theo De Jong now a scout for European teams, says Nigeria is number one in Africa when it comes to producing young talented footballers.

De Jong a part of the Dutch team that lost in the final of the 1974 World Cup 2-1 to Germany made this known to SL10.ng in Kaduna after a talent hunt tournament.

"Nigeria is still very much Africa number one in terms of young players that is why we choose to come here,'' he told SL10.ng.

"I have seen so many talented players who can become hit in the next few years with proper conditioning and training."

Seven players were picked by the team of scouts and according to Paul Daniel the MD of Nadia Sports Network, they are schedule to undergo trials in Holland, Finland and Czech Republic.

"I can tell you as soon as the window of transfer opens in Europe about seven of them will undergo trials." he added.

Sadiq Maiyaki, Israel Adebayo, Chinedu Akuvuo, Paul Aboki and Moses John are five among the seven players expected to go on trials next month.[/b]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 1:28am On Nov 06, 2014
Amazing news. The more players that leave the country gives Nigeria more chances to build a better squad.

There is an explosion of footballing talents in this country. A lot of youngsters would not get the opportunity to go overseas.

Our leagues need to be developed to create room to keep these young talents occupied and active.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by joseph1013: 3:50pm On Nov 07, 2014
[b]
[size=14pt]Barcelona Wonderkid Set To Join PSV Eindhoven[/size]

Barcelona wonderkid Bobby Adekanye will complete his move to PSV Eindhoven before the end of this year, the attacker's father Ademola Adekanye has informed SL10.ng.

The Catalan giants have been hit with a one - year transfer ban after FIFA discovered irregularities in their signing of six players, including the Dutch-Nigerian starlet.

That landmark ruling by the game's governing body meant the future of Bobby Adekanye has been up in the air since this summer.

But there is now a silver lining behind the dark cloud, as it is now confirmed that the 15-year-old will be wearing the red and white colours of PSV Eindhoven.

''Yes, Bobby is going to PSV Eindhoven and he is moving between November and December but the date is not yet known,'' said Ademola Adekanye to SL10.ng.

In the last few days, Ademola Adekanye, who can act as agent to his son per Fifa rules, has been locked in transfer talks with the PSV Eindhoven power brokers regarding the terms of the contract.

PSV Eindhoven have pulled off a transfer coup after they beat rivals Ajax Amsterdam to the signing of Bobby Adekanye.[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by joseph1013: 3:56pm On Nov 18, 2014
[b]
[size=14pt]Nigeria, Germany and England Chasing Tottenham Hotspur Starlet[/size]

Keanan Bennetts is not a name that many in football are accustomed to but the 15-year-old has sparked a tussle between Nigeria, England and Germany.

Known for his blistering pace and technique, the exciting winger has been a revelation for the Spurs youth team leading them to victory at an Under-17 tournament that had Real Madrid, Juventus and Arsenal.

The Spurs youngster qualifies for all three nations through his German mother, Nicole, Nigerian Father, Richard and being born in England.

he has already played for the German national Under-16 team in friendlies including against Holland and thrice joined up in their training camps.

England also keen on not to be out maneuvered by Germany have responded by giving Bennetts games with their youth team in their recent Victory Shield matches against Wales and Northern Ireland.

Nigeria were the last to sound out the teenager with manager Stephen Keshi calling the boy's dad Richard to see if his son will represent Nigeria.

Although his Dad is in constant touch with Stephen Keshi, he insist Nigeria is a distant reality for now but hasn't ruled out his son representing the Super Eagles in the future.

Bennetts Dad insists his son, who speaks fluent German, is more closer to playing for England due to the presence of his fellow Spurs teammates in the England set up.

Under FIFA rules, until he wins a senior competitive cap he will be eligible to play for any nation he is eligible for.[/b]
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 6:43pm On Nov 18, 2014
joseph1013:

[size=14pt]Nigeria, Germany and England Chasing Tottenham Hotspur Starlet[/size]

Keanan Bennetts is not a name that many in football are accustomed to but the 15-year-old has sparked a tussle between Nigeria, England and Germany.

Known for his blistering pace and technique, the exciting winger has been a revelation for the Spurs youth team leading them to victory at an Under-17 tournament that had Real Madrid, Juventus and Arsenal.

The Spurs youngster qualifies for all three nations through his German mother, Nicole, Nigerian Father, Richard and being born in England.

he has already played for the German national Under-16 team in friendlies including against Holland and thrice joined up in their training camps.
His parents should consider Nigeria. He has the best opportunity here due to less competition for to internationals.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by joseph1013: 4:56pm On Nov 19, 2014
[b]
[size=14pt]Barca's Adekanye To Complete Move To PSV Eindhoven On Friday[/size]

SL10.ng can exclusively report that Barcelona striker Bobby Adekanye is set to sign a one-year deal with PSV Eindhoven in the next 72 hours.

The Eredivisie powerhouse had held high - level talks with representatives of the Nigerian starlet, including his father, in the last few weeks, and the parties have now agreed to make the deal formal on Friday, November 21.

''Bobby will start this week with PSV Eindhoven. He'll sign with them on Friday, and will play for their Under 16 and 17 teams.

''We need to wait and see how he'll adapt to his new club. He doesn't have any problem with any club in Holland,'' Bobby Adekanye's father, Ademola Adekanye, told SL10.ng.

Earlier this year, FIFA sanctioned Barcelona for flouting rules in the signing of minors, including Bobby Adekanye.

The teenager represented the youth teams of VV Alphia and Ajax Amsterdam before his move to Barcelona.[/b]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by jobsat34(m): 3:21pm On Nov 21, 2014
solanke is painting arsenal u-18 team with goals right now oo...

he just scored his second of the day..

what a brilliant lad
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by joseph1013: 3:27pm On Nov 21, 2014
[b]
[size=14pt]Manchester United Target Invited To Golden Eaglets Team[/size]

Anglo - Nigerian goalkeeper Edward Onaiwu has expressed his delight at being handed an invitation to participate at the Golden Eaglets training camp ahead of next year's African U-17 Championship.

Coach Emmanuel Amuneke and his backroom staff will run the rule over the 14-year-old beginning from middle of next month before deciding whether or not he would accompany the squad to Niger in February 2015.

''I feel great to be called up for the Nigeria Under 17 team as an Under 14 goalkeeper in England. I have set my standards, this is a good experience for me to show what I am made of,'' Edward Onaiwu said to
SL10.ng.

''I have not got in yet, my job is to attend the camp in Abuja and try to get selected for the team, the hard work starts here.

''I thank the Nigeria Under 17 coach for having interest in me. I thank God and thank my parents for the support!''

The Manchester United and Newcastle United target has stressed that he merits an invitation to the junior national team, and he is hoping to earn a spot on the team to Niger Republic.

''The coaches know what qualities I have, I just play football and hopefully I get lucky.

''I am looking forward to this new adventure, it is something new and a new challenge for me as an Under 14 goalkeeper playing with U17/U18s players,'' the ex Crystal Palace Academy player added.

According to Edward Onaiwu, he will arrive the Golden Eaglets camp on December 14 to begin training with other invitees.[/b]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by joseph1013: 2:48pm On Nov 24, 2014
[b][size=14pt]Solanke brace sinks Arsenal for Chelsea[/size]

Nigerian youngster Dominic Solanke was the hero for Chelsea U18 team as they thrashed Arsenal 3-0 in an Academy U18 league game at the weekend to remain top of the table.

Chelsea lead the pack with 22 points from 11 games, while Arsenal are sixth on the table with 15 points from 10 games.

‘The Blues’ set the early tempo and were rewarded for their positivity in the early exchanges as they grabbed an eighth-minute lead through Solanke with a low drive past Ryan Huddart after a neat exchange of quick passes fashioned some time and space for Brown to slide a forward pass to Solanke.

In the 70th minutes, Soalnke was on hand to score his eighth goal of the campaign to give Chelsea a 3-0 lead.

The attack was initiated by another Nigerian, Ola Aina, as he fired an excellent ball into substitute Kasey Palmer’s path down the right flank.

The midfielder galloped clear before delivering a perfect low cross for Solanke in space in the middle and the striker had the simple task of prodding the ball beyond a helpless Huddart.

Fikayo Tomori was the other Nigerian that featured for Chelsea[/b]
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Mustack: 3:42pm On Nov 24, 2014
nice one. I hope they call him up.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by joseph1013: 4:39pm On Dec 01, 2014
[b]
Adeboyejo Targets Golden Eaglets

Leyton Orient striker Victor Adeboyejo has set his sights on representing the Golden Eaglets after committing his international future to Nigeria instead of England.

The 16-year-old, who previously represented Arsenal, is regarded as one of the top talents at Brisbane Road.

He's inching closer to making his first team debut for The O's, having made the 18-man squad for the games against Doncaster Rovers (League One) and Oldham Athletic (FA Cup).

“It would be an honour to play for Nigeria as both my parents and most of my family are from there,” Adeboyejo said to SL10.ng.

“My parents have advised that I play for Nigeria but they are supportive with my decision, be it to play for Nigeria or England.'”

The former Wimbledon and Charlton Athletic academy player went on to highlight his qualities, adding that he models his game on Seattle Sounder star Obafemi Martins.

“The quality I would bring into the Nigeria Under 17 squad is that physically I am strong,” he said.

“I am also a fast player and I love to score goals, and If I'm given a chance by Emmanuel Amuneke I know I'll score a lot of goals for the team.

“Obafemi Martins was one Nigerian striker that I thought was good and I tried to pick up things from him that I can add to my game in terms of his pace and power.”

Adeboyejo has had a storming start to the season, scoring 10 goals in 16 appearances for Leyton Orient's youth team, and this is supplemented with a solitary strike for the Reserves.

He will be staying put at Leyton Orient till June 30, 2016 if both parties honour the agreement that was signed this summer.
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by joseph1013: 5:27pm On Dec 01, 2014
[b][size=14pt]Passport Hitch Delaying Onaiwu's Trip For Eaglets Screening
[/size]

Former Crystal Palace Academy shot-stopper Edward Onaiwu is racing against the clock to get his traveling documents in order before jetting off to Nigeria to begin training with the Golden Eaglets.

The goalkeeper was due to arrive camp on December 14, but he recently discovered that he had an expired passport and it might take three weeks to renew the document in the United Kingdom.

''I am supposed to attend the Nigeria Under 17 camp starting on the 14th of December. My school and football club have granted me permission,'' Edward Onaiwu told SL10.ng.

''However, I just found out that my Nigerian passport is expired. I have contacted the Nigeria High Commission but they said it may take three weeks before I'm issued a new one.

''I promise to attend the screening exercise if my passport comes out on time. I want to prove myself.''

The 14 - year - old has been linked with a plethora of clubs in England not limited to Manchester United, Manchester City, Reading and Newcastle United since severing ties with Crystal Palace this summer.

It is understood that the coaching staff of the Under 15 national team are keeping tabs on his progress in England.[/b]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by joseph1013: 8:43am On Dec 03, 2014
[b]
[size=14pt]Birmingham City Leads Race For Ex Millwall Starlet Tobi Coker[/size]

SL10.ng understands that Birmingham City have emerged as early front-runners to secure the signature of Anglo-Nigerian midfielder, Tobi Coker, who last represented Millwall.

The teenager, a free agent, has also been linked with possible moves to Leyton Orient, Fulham and Charlton Athletic in the last few weeks.

But the Blues are now in the driving seat to land Tobi Coker's services after backing up their interest by inviting him for trials which is due to begin in the next three weeks.

The 16-year-old will practice with Birmingham's Under 16 and 18 squads for about three weeks before the powers that be make a decision on whether or not to offer him a contract.

Tobi Coker's priority is to represent a team outside London, and that means the likes of Hull City and Cardiff City, who are both monitoring developments, still have a chance of clinching his signature if he does not get a favourable response from Birmingham City.

He has been searching for a new team since severing ties with Millwall this summer.[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by joseph1013: 4:38pm On Dec 11, 2014
[b][size=14pt]UEFA Youth League Round Up: Dominic Solanke And Aaron Eyoma On Target For Londoners; Liverpool Starlet Ejaria Benched[/size]

Allnigeriasoccer.com reviews the matches that were played in the UEFA Youth League on Tuesday and Wednesday.

Seven Nigerian teenagers were in action for their respective clubs while three others were unused substitutes.

Bayern Munich - CSKA Moscow
Olympic National Team invitee Chima Okoroji was named in the 18 - man squad by manager Heiko Vogel for the match day six tie with CSKA Moscow, which ended 3 - 2 in favour of Bayern Munich.

However, the 17 - year - old did not come off the bench for the Bundesliga champions. He has three games under his belt in the competition this season.

Roma - Manchester City
Tosin Adarabioyo, an England youth international, was in action for 90 minutes as the Citizens maintained their 100 percent record in the competition, after defeating their Italian opponents 4 - 0.

He has played 5 matches for Man City in the UEFA Youth League, scoring once in the penultimate round.

His elder brother Fisayo has been invited to Nigeria’s Olympic National Team training camp.

Galatasaray - Arsenal
Aaron Eyoma registered his name on the score - sheet in the 47th minute as the Gunners defeated the Turkish side 3 - 1 in Istanbul.

The 17 - year - old midfielder had 96 minutes of game time under his belt in the group stage. Arsenal are through to the knock - out round.

Liverpool - Basel
Surprisingly Oluwasheyi Ojo was not amongst the scorers, as Liverpool thrashed their Swiss opponents 3 - 0. Ojo tasted action for 90 minutes and picked up a caution in the 11th minute.

On the other hand, ex Arsenal starlet Ovie Ejaria, 17, was an unused substitute. He was a second half substitute against Real Madrid back in October.

Juventus - Atletico Madrid
Juventus lost at home to Atletico Madrid. There was no place in the 18 - man squad for Nigerian striker King Udoh.

The 17 - year netted once in four games for Juventus, who finished third in Group A.

Porto - Shakhtar Donetsk
Midfielder Fidelis Irhene started and completed the game, his fourth of the competition for the Portuguese powerhouse.

Following the 1 - 1 draw, Porto qualified for the last 16, having accumulated 9 points, same with Athletic Club, but they have a better goal difference.

Chelsea - Sporting Lisbon
Chelsea defeated Sporting 6 - 0, with Dominic Solanke netting a hat - trick for the Londoners. Solanke, Temitayo Aina, Fikayo Tomori were handed starting berths by coach Adi Viveash.

Ike Ugbo, still only 16 years, made the 18 - man squad. His only appearance in the competition was against Maribor in October.[/b]
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by enomakos(m): 6:39pm On Dec 14, 2014
[quote
author=joseph1013
post=28792072][b][size=14pt][font=Lucida Sans
Unicode]UEFA Youth League Round Up: Dominic Solanke And Aaron Eyoma On
Target For Londoners; Liverpool Starlet Ejaria Benched[/font][/size]

Allnigeriasoccer.com reviews the matches that were played in the UEFA
Youth League on Tuesday and Wednesday.

Seven Nigerian teenagers were in action for their respective clubs while
three others were unused substitutes.

Bayern Munich - CSKA Moscow
Olympic National Team invitee Chima Okoroji was named in the 18 - man
squad by manager Heiko Vogel for the match day six tie with CSKA Moscow,
which ended 3 - 2 in favour of Bayern Munich.

However, the 17 - year - old did not come off the bench for the
Bundesliga champions. He has three games under his belt in the
competition this season.

Roma - Manchester City
Tosin Adarabioyo, an England youth international, was in action for 90
minutes as the Citizens maintained their 100 percent record in the
competition, after defeating their Italian opponents 4 - 0.

He has played 5 matches for Man City in the UEFA Youth League, scoring
once in the penultimate round.

His elder brother Fisayo has been invited to Nigeria’s Olympic National
Team training camp.

Galatasaray - Arsenal
Aaron Eyoma registered his name on the score - sheet in the 47th minute
as the Gunners defeated the Turkish side 3 - 1 in Istanbul.

The 17 - year - old midfielder had 96 minutes of game time under his
belt in the group stage. Arsenal are through to the knock - out round.

Liverpool - Basel
Surprisingly Oluwasheyi Ojo was not amongst the scorers, as Liverpool
thrashed their Swiss opponents 3 - 0. Ojo tasted action for 90 minutes
and picked up a caution in the 11th minute.

On the other hand, ex Arsenal starlet Ovie Ejaria, 17, was an unused
substitute. He was a second half substitute against Real Madrid back in
October.

Juventus - Atletico Madrid
Juventus lost at home to Atletico Madrid. There was no place in the 18 -
man squad for Nigerian striker King Udoh.

The 17 - year netted once in four games for Juventus, who finished third
in Group A.

Porto - Shakhtar Donetsk
Midfielder Fidelis Irhene started and completed the game, his fourth of
the competition for the Portuguese powerhouse.

Following the 1 - 1 draw, Porto qualified for the last 16, having
accumulated 9 points, same with Athletic Club, but they have a better
goal difference.

Chelsea - Sporting Lisbon
Chelsea defeated Sporting 6 - 0, with Dominic Solanke netting a hat -
trick for the Londoners. Solanke, Temitayo Aina, Fikayo Tomori were
handed starting berths by coach Adi Viveash.

Ike Ugbo, still only 16 years, made the 18 - man squad. His only
appearance in the competition was against Maribor in
October.[/b]
[/quote]nigeria got talents but i did't think solanke will want to play for nigeria
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by joseph1013: 8:52am On Dec 15, 2014
[b][size=14pt]Golden Eaglets: Camp opens in Abuja on Sunday
[/size]

Emmanuel Amuneke, Golden Eaglets' Head Coach, has said that fresh opportunities would be given to new players as the national Under-17 team's camp opens in Abuja on Sunday.

This is ahead of the forthcoming African cadet championship to be hosted in Niger between February 15 and March 1st, 2015.

Fitness

Amuneke, who breezed into town midweek from Spain, noted that the next two weeks would be used to ascertain the fitness level and condition of older players, adding it was necessary to fortify the team in view of the challenges expected at the tournament.

The Golden Eaglets nearly won the 2013 CAN Under-17 Championship but were beaten 5-4 by Junior Elephants of Cote d'Ivoire after a pulsating 1-1 draw in Marrakech, Morocco.

- The peculiar nature of the Under-17 category means that we would continue to work with most of the players that have been with us for some time now, said the 1994 African Footballer of the Year.

Objective

- But that has not fore closed the chances for others to break into the team since we need to present a very good team because our objective first and foremost is to secure one of the tickets for the next FIFA Under-17 World Cup in Chile.

The team would expectedly begin its training session on Monday at the NFF/ FIFA Goal Project Pitch and officials hinted that only those who are invited would be taken care of while others who want to be screened would cater for their own welfare.[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by joseph1013: 4:57pm On Dec 16, 2014
[b][size=14pt]Large turnout at Golden Eaglets' screening[/size]

No fewer than 600 budding youngsters were screened on Monday at the NFF FIFA Goal Project in Abuja as Golden Eaglets' preparation towards Niger 2015 CAN Under-17 Championship begins in earnest.

Coach Emmanuel Amuneke said he was impressed with the turn out since it would bolster competition within the rank of the team.

Screening

Aside the youngsters who trooped in for the screening, 33 of the invited 35 players from the squad that secured the ticket for the continental cadet championship in September took part in the team's only session on Monday.

- It is good we are starting right away and today's session has been very good because it gave us the opportunity to see some equally young talents, said Amuneke after the gruelling session that lasted for about five hours.

- We knew all along that it is not going to be easy but hard work doesn't kill anybody and I'm positive that the screening would throw up some fresh talents for the team.[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by joseph1013: 4:58pm On Dec 16, 2014
[b][size=14pt]Eaglets: NFF guarantee fair trials[/size]

The Chief Technical officer of the Nigeria Football Federation, Siji Lagunju has endorsed the process that allowed over 600 footballers to participate in the selection process of the of the new U17 National team, insisting it will allow for the selection of a super team.

Lagunju, former Nigerian International, was on hand to monitor the exercise which started on Monday.

Large pool

According to him, 'it would allow the Golden Eaglets' coaching crew a large pool of players to cast their eyes upon.'

The coach of the side, Emmanuel Amuneke also promised that all those who show up will be given a fair chance:
- We are going to give everybody equal opportunity whether old or new players since we want only the best, noted Amuneke.

Exercise

- We hope to see more players in the coming days.

The screening exercise continues on Tuesday up to early next week when the pool of players would be pruned to a manageable size.[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by joseph1013: 4:24pm On Dec 17, 2014
[b]
[size=14pt]Charlton Athletic Sign Man United Target Ogbebor-Onaiwu[/size]

Anglo - Nigerian shot-stopper Edward Ogbebor-Onaiwu has ended speculation about his future by penning a two-and-a-half-year contract with English Championship outfit Charlton Athletic.

After being linked with a plethora of teams in the EPL including Manchester United, Liverpool and Newcastle United, the deal that will see him remain at The Valley until the summer of 2017 went through on Tuesday.

In his first words after completing the transfer, Ogbebor-Onaiwu told SL10.ng :''I have signed a two-and-a-half year deal, and there is a possibility I will stay longer if I perform up to standards.

''I picked Charlton Athletic Football Club because it's a great club to be at where they look after you, it's like my family somewhere.

''I have settled in quickly. The best thing about the club is giving the young players a chance in the first team.''

The Charlton Athletic youth - team coaches had watched the Nigeria Under 17 national team invitee at close quarters for few weeks before reaching a decision on whether to offer him a contract.

And the 14-year-old goalkeeper has admitted that he was well taken care of during his probationary period.

''They were very nice, I couldn't have asked for any better love. The staff and the players around always wanted to get the best out of me.

''I give all thanks to God for His work, with God all things are possible, and thanks to my parents too,''

The ex Crystal Palace goalie would have been in Nigeria now undergoing another round of trials with the country's Under 17 team if not for an expired travel document.

Edward Ogbebor-Onaiwu has cited Manuel Neuer and Thibaut Courtois as his role models.[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by joseph1013: 3:45pm On Dec 18, 2014
[b][size=14pt]CAN U-17: Amuneke expects tough draw[/size]

Emmanuel Amuneke, Golden Eaglets Head Coach, has predicted there won't be any easy game at next year's CAN Under-17 Championship to be hosted in Niger between February 15 and March 1, 2015.

Speaking ahead of the competition draws to be held at the CAF Headquarters in Cairo, Egypt on Sunday, Amuneke said the groups would be evenly balanced with the calibre of teams that have qualified for what would be the 16th edition of the continental cadet championship.

Champions

The eight qualifiers include defending champions, Cote d'Ivoire, Niger (hosts), Cameroon, Guinea, Mali, South Africa, Zambia and 2013 runner-up, Nigeria and they would be drawn into two halves of four teams each.

- We can't begin to say this is the team that we want in our group in Niger and whatever we get would depend on the luck of the draw, Amuneke, the former Barcelona winger said.

Strong zone

- I have taken a closer look at the list of the teams that are going to Niger and I think we have a strong pool of eight teams from the continent.

- Most of the teams are from West Africa which is a very strong zone at age-grade competitions and it is interesting that there is no team from the North Africa whereas we had Morocco and Tunisia as semi-finalists in 2013, he added.[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by joseph1013: 3:46pm On Dec 18, 2014
[b][size=14pt]Eaglets: Amuneke tempers expectations[/size]

The coach of the Nigeria U17 national team, Emmanuel Amuneke, has opted to respect Nigeria's opponents at the upcoming Africa U17 championships, by not making any brash predictions of victory.

Amuneke insists that his primary objective in Niger was to qualify the Golden Eaglets for next year's FIFA Under-17 World Cup to be hosted in Chile.

Objectives

- We know what to expect in Niger and our objective remains the same; we have to reach the semi-finals to secure one of the four tickets for the World Cup in Chile, he noted.

- I'm waiting to see the teams that we are going to get from the draws on Sunday and that would also give us an idea of what to do.

Meanwhile, screening of new players continues at the NFF/FIFA Goal Project in Abuja and the former African Footballer of the Year remains upbeat that the process would throw up new talents to fortify the squad for Niger 2015.[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by joseph1013: 8:53am On Dec 22, 2014
[b][size=14pt]Eaglets' Amuneke Now On Social Media[/size]

The social media has changed the everyday life people and it has made celebrities to get much more closer to their fans.

After former Super Eagles winger, Emmanuel Amuneke who scored twice at the 1994 Africa Cup of Nations final against Zambia to give Nigeria her first AFCON trophy triumph outside the shores of the country had earlier disassociated himself from a spurious account on Facebook the current Golden Eaglets coach has finally opened an account on the famous social media platform, Facebook.

The former Barcelona star, Amuneke reckoned it is about time he joins the networking train in order to mingle more with his fans.

"I think it is about time I make a presence on Facebook because of the huge demand from the fans that wants my opinions on football issues," said the former Nigerian international.

He added: "It has always been my dream to share my knowledge of the game with people and I think Facebook is an opportunity to reach out to so many."

On the last check, over 50 persons have made friend's request to the account within just few days of opening but Amuneke has warned against any untoward conduct on the altar of social networking.

"I have only opened this account on Facebook strictly because of football and there is nothing more to this other than that," Amuneke noted.

"There is need to interact with the fans especially those who want my opinion about my former club, Barcelona."

He, however, pleaded for patience from those he has not confirmed their friendship request because of his present tight schedule.

" I'm not going to be on Facebook all the time but I will attend to every request as soon as possible."said Amuneke [/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by joseph1013: 8:56am On Dec 22, 2014
[b][size=14pt]100 Players Make Eaglets Pool From Open Screening[/size]

After a massive turnout by budding youngsters at the camp of the Golden Eaglets for the open screening, a hundred players have been identified as potential players by the technical crew of the national U/17 led by Emmanuel Amuneke.

An average of 300 players were screened daily and national team handlers have been able to separate the grain from the chaff from what is just the first stage of a tedious process for a place in the squad.

"We thank everyone that had come and the one-week open screening has reinforced our belief that there is abundance of talents in Nigeria," Amuneke said.

It was gathered that this is only the first stage of the exercise which is squarely based on the innate quality of the players as well as right disposition during the screening .Officials informed that the players so selected would be further scrutinized to authenticate their document before undergoing the mandatory Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) Test.

" The whole idea of this screening is to have a pool of players that can be good additional to the squad even after the African Championship in Niger," reasoned Amuneke.

"This team is work in progress and by the grace of God, we shall pack the plane successfully after Chile in 2015."

Meanwhile, the Golden Eaglets would continue their build up towards the continental cadet championship at the NFF/FIFA Goal Project in Abuja on Monday.

According to the team's administrator, Tayo Egbaiyelo, the team would only break from their routine training session on designated public holidays during the festive period in view of the short time before Niger 2015 slated for February 15 to March 1st.

Incidentally, draws for the competition would be held at the CAF Headquarters in Cairo, Egypt on Sunday with the eight qualifiers including defending champions, Cote d'Ivoire, Niger (hosts), Cameroon, Guinea, Mali, South Africa, Zambia and Nigeria drawn into two halves of four teams each.
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by joseph1013: 9:02am On Dec 22, 2014
[b]
[size=14pt]Eaglets, Eagles Drawn In Group A[/size]

Nigeria's U/17 and U/20 male football teams, Golden Eaglets and Flying Eagles have been drawn in Group A in their respective competition.

The Golden Eaglets who will be going into the African U/17 cadet championship holding from 15 February to March 1,2014 as tournament favorite have been drawn in Group A along side hosts, Niger, Zambia and Guinea.

The Flying Eagles led by Manu Garba will face host, Senegal, Congo and Côte d'Ivoire. Senegal will host the African Youth Championship will from 8-22 March 2015.

Below is how the teams were grouped in both tournament:

Full draw for both competitions:

CAF U/17 Championship, Niger 2015

Group A: Niger, Nigeria, Guinea, Zambia

Group B: Côte d'Ivoire, South Africa, Mali, Cameroon

CAF U/20 Youth Championship, Senegal 2015

Group A: Senegal, Nigeria, Congo, Côte d'Ivoire

Group B: Ghana, South Africa, Mali, Zambia
[/b]
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by joseph1013: 9:07am On Dec 22, 2014
[b][size=14pt]Amuneke: We Are Not Going To Underrate Team[/size]

Golden Eaglets coach, Emmanuel Amuneke in his reaction to the Africa U/17 Championship draws held Sunday morning at the CAF head quarters in Cairo as fair and assured that his team will only focus at securing a ticket to the 2015 FIFA World Cup in Chile.

"I think it is a fair grouping not minding the fact that we are going to face the host country, Niger," Amuneke stated.

"We are not going to underrate any of the teams and as I said before the draw, our sole objective in Niger is to qualify for the World Cup and after that, we can begin to talk about other things.

The Golden Eaglets have their work cut out since they are going to battle against the host whom their illustrious predecessors, white-washed 10-1 on aggregate in the qualifiers for Morocco 2013 where they finished second and secured a ticket to the FIFA World Cup in the UAE - and eventually earned Nigeria a record fourth title.

"We are aware of the task ahead of us and what happened between the Golden Eaglets and Niger the last time is immaterial now," noted Amuneke.

"Our boys have to go out there and show that this set of Golden Eaglets is good in their own right and we must first secure a ticket to the World Cup.

Though Zambia and Guinea are making a return to the competition after a break since they failed to qualify the last time in Morocco, Amuneke said they won't be treated with kid's gloves: "Both Zambia and Guinea showed they are a strong side during the qualifiers; so we are going to take all our matches seriously."

In the other half of the draw, defending champions, Cote d'Ivoire would slug it out in Group B along with the trio of South Africa, Mali and Cameroon who incidentally were not in Morocco 2013.

Niger 2015 tournament will take place between February 15th and March 1st next year in Niger with the semi-finalists guaranteed a ticket to the 2015 FIFA U-17 World Cup in Chile.[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by joseph1013: 9:10am On Dec 22, 2014
[b][size=14pt]Eaglets resume training on Monday[/size]

The Golden Eaglets will resume training as a team on Monday, following the break that saw Emmanuel Amuneke select 100 players from those that came for fresh screening.

The venue of their build up towards the continental cadet championship will still be the NFF/FIFA Goal Project in Abuja.

According to the team's administrator, Tayo Egbaiyelo, the team would only break from their routine training session on designated public holidays during the festive period in view of the short time before Niger 2015 slated for February 15 to March 1st.

Incidentally, draws for the competition would be held at the CAF Headquarters in Cairo, Egypt on Sunday with the eight qualifiers including defending champions, Cote d'Ivoire, Niger (hosts), Cameroon, Guinea, Mali, South Africa, Zambia and Nigeria drawn into two halves of four teams each.[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by joseph1013: 4:36pm On Dec 22, 2014
[b][size=14pt]Golden Eaglets Work Through Christmas[/size]

Golden Eaglets coach Emmanuel Amuneke has confirmed to sl10.ng that his wards will not be observing the Christmas break, as they continue preparations for the 2015 CAF U17 championship in Niger Republic.

The Eaglets have been drawn in Group A with hosts Niger, Guinea and Zambia in what Amuneke has also described as a tough group. And the former Super Eagles winger says his team must remain in camp to fine-tune preparations for the competition which Nigeria narrowly failed to win the last time in Morocco.

“We are not going on Christmas break because we have to keep preparing for the tournament in Niger. We are in a tough group and we must prepare well for the competition if we are to win,” said Amuneke.

“I know some of the players might want to celebrate the Christmas now, but I will say this is not the time for celebrations because there will be enough of that if we win the competition so we have to stay focused now.

“Drawing the hosts, Niger is tough on its own because they will be playing on home soil and will have the support of their home fans.”

The 2015 CAF U17 tournament starts from February and runs through March 1.
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by joseph1013: 3:21pm On Dec 23, 2014
[b][size=14pt]Ex Bolton Target Resurfaces In Serie B[/size]

Hibernians starlet Joseph Mbong has revealed that he will resume trials with Italian Serie B side Virtus Entella in the coming weeks.

The Malta youth international first trained with the Biancocelesti towards the end of November, but the club failed to decide whether or not he was eligible for a contract.

The 17-year-old will have a final opportunity to impress the technical crew of Virtus Entella in February, as he is expected to feature in test games unlike his previous spell on trials.

"I already trained with Virtus Entella last month and it ended early December. It's just another call - up for them to finalize if they are keeping me or not," said Joseph Mbong to SL10.ng.

"I will train with both the Primavera squad and the senior team. When I first trained with them, I was treated well and I would like to sign for them."

It is understood that another Italian club Catania and PEC Zwolle in Holland are keeping tabs on the ex Bolton Wanderers trialist.

Joseph Mbong has been on the books of Hibernians since the age of 10.
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by joseph1013: 9:08pm On Dec 26, 2014
[b]Amuneke Receives A Christmas Surprise

Former FC Barcelona winger and coach of the Golden Eaglets, Emmanuel Amuneke got a surprise "44 ballon salute' as he celebrated his 44, birthday on Christmas day after the team's the early morning session at the NFF/FIFA Goal Project in Abuja.

Amuneke who got a brace at the 1994 Africa Cup of Nations final against Zambia was astonished as the NFF's Assistant Director(Technical), Coach Siji Lagunju led the players in a fine rendition of the famous birthday song:' he's a good jolly fellow.

"This is a coup because all I wanted today was to train in continuation of our preparation towards Niger 2015. I'm really humbled by your show of love to me on this special day,"a shell-shocked Amuneke said.

With the morning activities rounded off, Team Amuneke mostly made up of Golden Eaglets officials beat Golden Eaglets' possible 4-1 in a novelty match full of fun and drama.

Tayo Egbaiyelo (MON), 2013 World Cup-winning secretary, got the curtain raiser for TeamAmuneke when he converted from the spot kick barely 10 minutes into the 40-minute encounter.

Three minutes later, Golden Eaglets' medical official, Dr. Deji Olarinoye (MON) -famously called NFA,-got the second goal courtesy of another spot Kick that beat a badly positioned goalkeeper Clinton Orji.

Meanwhile, winger Ndu Chinedu gave the opposing side hope few minutes to the end of the first half with a well-taken goal as goalkeeper Amos Benjamin watched the ball sailed into the net.

In the second half, birthday boy and former Barcelona winger, Amuneke crowned an impressive day with his team's third goal albeit from the spot yet again.

Golden Eaglets' defender, Bamidele Ayodeji who was loaned to Team Amuneke from the Eaglets' probable scored the last goal to the delight of everyone.

"Today would remain a special day in our lives because it marked the birthday of coach Amuneke when we are in camp," said defender Lukman Halilu after the players were feted with food and soft drinks .

"Coach Amuneke is an inspiration to all of us because he is a no-nonsense person who wants only the best for us and by the grace of God, we shall do our best in Niger 2015 to give him a present for this special day," he stated.

Lagunju, meanwhile, heaped praises on Amuneke for his sterling qualities both as a former playerand coach.

"I always knew that Emmanuel would be a great player because he has remained disciplined and humbled since I first met him in 1991.Though he would say his mind when he feel strongly about any issue, he has remained level headed over the years.

"I want to use this opportunity to thank all the technical crew and back room staff for the unity in the U-17 and may God bless your efforts in Niger and Chile in 2015,"said Lagunju who star for Leventis United and Iwuayanwu Nationale in his heyday.
[/b]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by joseph1013: 4:25pm On Jan 03, 2015
[b] Eaglets Training Session Enters New Phase

After a long open screening, the Eaglets' training session has been taken to a new level mid-week with intensive ball work by the players while the goalkeepers underwent agility test.

Eaglets Head Coach, Emmanuel Amuneke, said it was important for the players to be put through new routine since the size is now manageable:"It is about time we start reminding ourselves of what we used to do and I want the new ones to pay special attention to what we are doing.

"The Under-17 national team is not a bunch of friends set up and anybody that is picked should be able to defend us very well; so serious work starts.

Unlike the last three weeks when they mere played to impress the coaching crew, the youngsters were able to show how strong they are on the ball in confined space.

According to Kabiru Baleria, Golden Eaglets' Assistant Coach who was a gifted striker in his playing days, the rationale behind the new session was to see how the players can effectively dominate the ball when under intense pressure.

"Apart from the passing drill, we can see the marking ability of the players," said Baleria who was sourced from three-time Premier League Champions, Kano Pillars.

"Now, it is easier for us to see much better how skillful thee players are unlike a situation whereby some would hide in full pitch."

On the other end, Emeka Amadi, Goalkeepers' trainer put his wards under challenging task including ball work, foot work, and endurance test amongst others.

"The goalkeeping area is a crucial aspect and unfortunately, our young goalkeepers are not properly trained from their respective academies," said the German-trained Amadi, a former youth international.

"But my objective is to ensure that any of the goalkeepers can man the goal post at any given time."

Presently, five goalkeepers picked from the screening exercise have joined the trio of Amos Benjamin; Ebuka Nwokeocha and Akpan Udoh who are already Golden Eaglets' set regular faces in serious competition for a place in the 21-man squad for Niger 2015.
[/b]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by joseph1013: 4:37pm On Jan 03, 2015
[b]Amuneke Alert On Hard Work In New Year's Message

Emmanuel Amuneke's new year's message to his wards in the Golden Eaglets on New Year's Day insist on hard work .

He categorically stated that nothing but hard work would bolster the team's campaign at the forthcoming continental cadet Championship to be hosted in Niger between February 1 and March 1st.

Addressing the players at the NFF/FIFA Goal Project in Abuja, the 1994 African Footballer of the Year said the players must be ready to work harder since much is expected from them at Niger 2015.

Golden Eaglets, a record four-time FIFA U-17 World Cup winner, are one of the team's to beat in Niamey but Amuneke has reminded the lads that they would not be champions in Niger on a platter of gold.

"First and foremost, we thank God for allowing us to see 2015 and we know he would strengthen us but on our own part, we have to do our very best," explained Amuneke who clocked 44 last week.

"Much is expected from us and we must not shy away from telling you that only hard work would see us through in Niger.

He therefore enjoined the youngsters to have strong mentality by putting up their best performance and attitude in the days ahead, adding that God can only help those who help themselves:"God is not partial and he is not going to hear prayers but if we work hard and pray, he would crown our efforts .We are not going to pet you here and in the coming days, we are going to push you to the limit in order to achieve our objectives." Amuneke stated.

Meanwhile, Golden Eaglets' coordinator, Prince Udofia has commended Amuneke and Mr. Titiloye Kunmbi of Abuja College of Football for their magnanimity to the team during the festive period.

"In the spirit of the season, I want to thank Mr. Kumbi for remembering us during the Christmas and New Year festive holiday and may God continue to bless him as well as coach Amuneke for providing the players with some merriment," stated Udofia.
[/b]

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (64) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Cameroon: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier 4 - 0 (Full Time) / More Than 100 Doctors Say Mayweather-mcgregor Fight Should Not Have Been Allowed / Dele Alli's Sex Video Leaks Online (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 165
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.