Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,830 members, 7,806,334 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:57 PM

Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) - Sports (116) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) (478612 Views)

Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) / FIFA U-20 World Cup New Zealand 2015 Full Time Table And Fixtures / Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) ... (232) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by lakesidepapa(m): 8:28am On May 28, 2015
joseph1013:
[b][size=14pt]Beeche: New Zealand will deliver a world-class tournament[/size]

With the FIFA U-20 World Cup New Zealand 2015 now less than 48 hours away, FIFA and the Local Organising Committee (LOC) today held a media conference in Auckland's Sky City Grand Hotel. Discussing the upcoming tournament were Marion Mayer-Vorfelder and Rhiannon Martin of FIFA and the LOC's Dave Beeche.

Marion Mayer-Vorfelder, FIFA Head of the Olympics, Club World Cup and U-20 World Cup

We're just two days away from kicking off FIFA's second-biggest tournament, and it's very exciting. We've been working for many years together with the LOC and we've had great support from the government here, both at local and national level. We've also had many opportunities to travel the country and feel the excitement. The closer we've got to the tournament, we can definitely feel the momentum building. The teams have now arrived too, which is a big milestone, and we've had very positive feedback from them. Also, the FIFA delegation yesterday had the honour to be invited to be to a traditional Maori welcome at the Orakai Marae, which was a magnificent experience. We now have 24 teams with young, great players ready to enjoy the best moments of the careers so far. We are looking forward to a great success and we are sure that it will be just that.

Rhiannon Martin, FIFA Project Lead U-20 World Cup

We've now sent out our key operational people, led by our general coordinators, to all seven of the host cities. They have been very impressed with stadiums they have seen, and the training sites are very good as well. A lot of hard work has gone in from local football clubs to bring these up to the high level and standards befitting the players we will see at this tournament. This development also leaves a legacy, which is always one of FIFA's key wishes at its tournaments. Operationally, covering all the key areas - marketing, media, medical, security - we are satisfied with what we've seen since we arrived in New Zealand, and the feedback we're receiving every day is very positive. The teams have also spoken of the warm welcomes they have received around the country and we've had some very positive feedback from them. Several have praised the standard of pitches, saying that they are of a higher standard than a lot of senior events they have experienced. Our congratulations for that go to the LOC and the people on the ground in the venues.

Dave Beeche, Local Organising Committee CEO

It's a really exciting time for us, just two days out for kick-off on what's been a long journey of four years since we were awarded this tournament. The rubber really hits road when the teams arrive and I'm pleased to say that the last of the teams got in today and that all has gone well. Operationally, we're absolutely ready to deliver an outstanding, world-class tournament. The first game kicks off at 1pm on Saturday and we're looking forward to celebrating global football in front of a full stadium. The momentum round the country has really picked up over the last couple of weeks and we're very pleased both with the level of engagement at community level and with ticket sales, which are growing exponentially. [/b]

Success and simeon, are they in Nz yet?
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Nobody: 8:29am On May 28, 2015
Moses's wikipedia page:www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moses_Simon
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Nobody: 8:31am On May 28, 2015
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:34am On May 28, 2015
tbaba1234:

Those teams were laced with people already in the first team not just under 21s

We are talking Nacho adapting. A young side made of mostly youngsters outclassed people with years of Premier League experience.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by tbaba1234: 8:42am On May 28, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

We are talking Nacho adapting. A young side made of mostly youngsters outclassed people with years of Premier League experience.

Many arsenal players were already quite experienced at premier league football even at a young age. Denilson, Diaby, ramsey, walcott, gibbs...etc all started very early.

It is just recently that wenger started spending money on quality experienced players, see the difference, they broke the jinx. And they might win another trophy again.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by kannymoore(m): 8:53am On May 28, 2015
tbaba1234:

Granada or any top flight team will beat EDS convincingly. The level of football is completely different. Not all players at EDS will make the top level. If you mix EDS players with top players from Man City then yes, it will be closer.

A beg, what is the standard of the Nigeria league? Our league team have no business losing to under 20.. I am talking about the highest levels of football, you are talking about Zambia under 23.

Let Awoniyi get to that level first.

No mind am...

Abi no be yeye Portsmouth..even without their main talisman Kanu wey wipe a very strong Kano Pillars team 7-0 here in Naija...

Awoniyi wey never play 20 matches @ a stretch na him dem dey overhype like this?..

Kontunu...! grin
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by EagleScribes: 8:57am On May 28, 2015
LeeCodeman:
What I dont know though is if Manu Garba will like Simon Moses very much. Manu is not a fan of players hugging the ball. Manu prefers opponents be beaten by simple passing whereas Moses likes to beat players himself by committing them with his dummy movements and skipping past them. The dude is never afraid of a dribble. He is an excellent winger!

In that case, he will be more of a super-sub.

Get the last 15 minutes, dazzle the defenders, run them down till they are ragged out, get them committed and earn a penalty or get one of them sent off
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by FBS: 9:04am On May 28, 2015
lardy96:
I think its more about having faith in d young man than pressure, you are sure to succeed if those who love you are behind you but if overstated then it becomes pressure
This!

But well, make tournament start o jare. cheesy
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by safarigirl(f): 9:07am On May 28, 2015
Sunnycliff:

Enjoy your crush on Awoniyi while it lasts
I fully intend to. Thank you smiley
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by safarigirl(f): 9:14am On May 28, 2015
mackfame:

I’m of the opinion that by now Awoniyi knows about your affection for him already. I won’t be surprise if his mates tease him with your nickname in camp but the thing is, the guy is a born-again (holy holy type), all his attention is on the tournament at the moment, once that is over you can start your Romeo and Juliet. No vex smiley
plis, Romeo and Juliet is an oyibo thing and they ended foolishly sef. I no fit vex now, wetin I go vex for?
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by lakesidepapa(m): 9:16am On May 28, 2015
House abeg, is isaac and simeon now in NZ?

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by EagleScribes: 9:28am On May 28, 2015
safarigirl:
I fully intend to. Thank you smiley

Safarigirl, what if you realize someone else is having a crush on you also? What will you do?

#justsaying
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by femi9naija(m): 9:35am On May 28, 2015
Badosqi:
I just went to bet365 to check the favorites for this tournament. Can't believe this people underate us so much to give us whooping odd of 15. Nigeria to win brazil sef is 3.5.

1 Argentina U20 4.5

2 Germany U20 4.5

3 Brazil U20 7.0

4 Colombia U20 10.0

5 Portugal U20 13.0

6 Nigeria U20 15.0

7 USA U20 21.0

8 Mexico U20 21.0

9 Uruguay U20 21.0

10 Ghana U20 26.0

Abeg which Nigerian site is offering this type of market, this can be a money making opportunity. A big win win(Nigeria champ. and I smile to the bank too) situation.

One thing u guys should know is that past records at u20 level is considered. Our flying Eagles have not been doing well safe for the 2005 set. The only hope we have is that these current boys are and won the last u17. But in the eyes of the world, we are nothing.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Tomtoxic: 9:44am On May 28, 2015
The argument don end make i nor resurect dead mata but the way some people take hate success ehn!!! .............. Make i leave am lyk dat#dis tournament should start already

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by mackfame: 9:47am On May 28, 2015
safarigirl:
plis, Romeo and Juliet is an oyibo thing and they ended foolishly sef. I no fit vex now, wetin I go vex for?

Say Awo neva write smiley
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:22am On May 28, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

Penalty does not count for Mikel. We are talking scoring a goal in open play. Like Seydou Keita's free kick that beat Carini of Uruguay.

As I said, bring pass completed and completed dribbles. Let us see. Until you bring that, you can not judge. If Yeboah has any of these high and with a brace in the third place, he takes it.

But 2 penalty goals made messi the top scorer at holland...
Anyway, it's ok... Even caf didnt document d stats u lukin for.

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 10:39am On May 28, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Daniel: Manu Was Brain Behind Tella's Success[/size]

A member of the victorious Nigeria U17 team of 2007 Daniel Joshua says coach of the Flying Eagles Manu Garba was the unsung hero of their success.

Manu was assistant to the late Yemi Tella alongside Ben Iroha, but according to Joshua he was the late coach’s most trusted hand and in fact did most of the job.

"Most people forget too soon that Coach Tella was away all through preparations for the World cup as he stayed behind in Korea for treatment after we participated in an invitational tournament," he told SL10.ng.

"In his absence it was Manu Garba that handled players screening. It was still him that Tella allowed to do most of the selection, even when he was around as he trusted him to do a fair job.

"The team that went to the U17 World cup was picked by Manu Garba. We met Tella in Korea, from there he took over but Manu did all of the hard work.”

The central defender whose career was cut short by a deadly car accident in 2009 on his way to the Nigeria U20 camp is backing the coach to win the championship for Nigeria for the first time.

He is fondly remembered for his dance step after slotting his spot kick in the 5-4 penalty shootout victory over Spain in the finals.
[/b]

3 Likes

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by safarigirl(f): 10:44am On May 28, 2015
EagleScribes:

Safarigirl, what if you realize someone else is having a crush on you also? What will you do?

#justsaying
isn't that what the world is about? You're fawning over someone, someone else is fawning over you and some other person is crazy bout the person fawning over you....and the cycle goes on and on smiley. What would I do? Dunno, depends on how real the person is. And by real I mean, someone I can actually reach cheesy.

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by safarigirl(f): 10:46am On May 28, 2015
mackfame:

Say Awo neva write smiley
nope
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by EagleScribes: 11:01am On May 28, 2015
safarigirl:
isn't that what the world is about? You're fawning over someone, someone else is fawning over you and some other person is crazy bout the person fawning over you....and the cycle goes on and on smiley. What would I do? Dunno, depends on how real the person is. And by real I mean, someone I can actually reach cheesy.

Loool. You are such a personality. One of a kind

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by terzurum5(m): 11:17am On May 28, 2015
LeeCodeman:

LMAO...when I say this girl has a BAD MOUTH, y'all think I was kidding. Priceless comment!!! grin grin grin

I think she is the type that doesn't hide her opion, no matter how strange it might appear before the general opinion.

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by linked: 11:31am On May 28, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

It does not add up. There are many crap players playing top flight football. Does that automatically make them better than wonderful talents in reserves of top teams.

Rafa Alcantara was in the reserve of Barcelona. At that time, you will say Celta Vigo players playing top flight footy are better than him. Rafa Went to Celta Vigo and became one of their star and best players. Please, how does playing top flight means a player is better.

The Super Six Tourney shows this. The players in the home league play top flight football in the country. The Super Flying Eagles, most players are from academies taught the Top Flight players how to tap ball.

Playing top flight does not automatically means better.
who said better....guy get the phrase...at the moment Isaac is -RATED higher- on paper....Read my former post again cos your understanding of it is warped...

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Tomtoxic: 11:51am On May 28, 2015
linked:
who said better....guy get the phrase...at the moment Isaac is -RATED higher- on paper....Read my former post again cos your understanding of it is warped...
i juxt taya 4 dis guys oh whats so hard to understand dier u can't compare a bellerin who has played 1st team futbal to an ola aina who dominates against he z mates they kip on shoutin awo and nacho they are gud players but wateva they are doing nw against their mates sucex has dn dat in d african u-17 even in d wc b4 injury someone rightly said class is permanent and sucess has got class in short has awo (a striker) ever been d highest goal scorer in a tournament.a reason why south american teams excel and their players in d u-20 are rated highly is because they already have big game experience a lot of them playin in europe hav already debuted lyk d man u guy[perriera] also those in their local town also contend against d best by playing in d copa sudamerica.i remember a certain stanley okoro i swear iheanacho has nt wowed me up to dat guy where is he now? There was a bojan so gud he was rumoured to score a thousand goals tru out his stay in la masia he didnt make it till the stoke resurection and dats cuz he z got class[permanent] so wateva success is facing nw is a training process that others may go tru 2 luk at cr7 hu was already a 1st team player in lisbon[europe] he didnt score much in his 1st season at united yet succes is even afrikan[nt used to d weather] so they are nt being fair to sucess at all too much sentiments abeg

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by terzurum5(m): 11:54am On May 28, 2015
What is The Match Schedule of The Flying Eagles at The Fifa U20 World Cup?
The Fifa U20 World Cup starts on Saturday, May 30 in New Zealand. The opening match will be between New Zealand and Ukraine in Auckland.
The Flying Eagles, drawn in Group F alongside Brazil, Korea DPR and Hungary, will play their first game on June 1.
Due to the difference in time zones, New Zealand is 11 hours ahead of Nigeria, the match times are very awkward.
All the Flying Eagles matches would be played very early in the morning.
Find their match schedules below:
Nigeria vs Brazil
Date: 1 June - 13:00 (2am Nigerian time)
Venue: Stadium Taranaki
City: New Plymouth
Nigeria vs Korea DPR
Date: 4 June - 16:00 (5am Nigerian time)
Hungary vs Nigeria
Date: 7 June - 17:00 (6am Nigerian time)
Other African Representatives
GROUP B - Ghana
Ghana vs Austria
Date: 30 May - 19:00 (8am Nigerian Time)
Venue: Wellington Regional Stadium
City: Wellington
Argentina vs Ghana
Date: 2 June - 19:00 (8am Nigerian Time)
Wellington Regional Stadium
Wellington
Panama vs Ghana
Date: 5 June - 16:00 (5am Nigerian Time)
Venue: North Harbour Stadium
City: Auckland
GROUP D – Mali
Mexico vs Mali
Date: 31 May - 13:00 (2am Nigerian time)
Venue: Otago Stadium
City: Dunedin
Serbia vs Mali
Date: 3 June - 19:00 (8am Nigerian Time)
Venue: Otago Stadium
City: Dunedin
Mali vs Uruguay
Date: 6 June - 16:00 (5am Nigerian Time)
Venue: Waikato Stadium
City: Hamilton
GROUP C – Senegal
Portugal vs Senegal
Date: 31 May - 16:00 (5am Nigerian Time)
Senegal vs Colombia
Date: 3 June - 19:00 (8am Nigerian Time)
Senegal vs Qatar
Date: 6 June - 13:00 (2am Nigerian time)
m.goal.com/x/en-ng/news/12113402

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by LeeCodeman: 12:05pm On May 28, 2015
Official Match Highlights of Man City vs Man Utd. Iheanacho scores 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yST3ZunqQo0

2 Likes

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by lardy96(m): 12:12pm On May 28, 2015
tbaba1234:

No, I am saying they are playing at a much higher level than Nacho so they can not be compared.. If success was playing with his mates, He will probably be scoring a lot more goals. We saw his record at under 17..

Playing with John Terry or koscielny is completely different from playing academy level CB. At this point, Success is already in that state of his development.
bros hope u know success also plays for granada b and he has like 6 goals in 17 app compare that to iheanacho's stats for mancity eds

3 Likes

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by terzurum5(m): 12:22pm On May 28, 2015
www.sl10.ng/news/articles/categories/nigeria-1/man-city-pose-twitter-question-to-kelechi-iheanacho-and-chidebere-nwakali/210772Man City Set Iheanacho A Target For World Cup.
Man City's official twitter account has challenged Flying Eagles players Kelechi Iheanacho and Chidebere Nwakali to beat Sergio Aguero's six goals at the 2007 edition of the U20 World Cup.
Flying Eagles duo, Kelechi Iheanacho and Chidebere Nwakali, who both helped Nigeria lift the FIFA U17 World Cup in 2013 have been asked a twitter question by Manchester City as both youngsters prepare to represent Nigeria at the 2015 FIFA U20 World Cup which is scheduled to start on Saturday May 30,2015 in New Zealand.
Kelechi Iheanacho looks to be in fine form as he has scored six goals in his last seven games for City’s youth teams and Chidebere Nwakali, who is on loan at Spanish club Malaga, will both be monitored by the Citizens at the U20 World Cup.
The English Premier League club, Manchester City has asked on Twitter if Kelechi Iheanacho and Chidebere Nwakali will follow in Sergio Agüero footsteps?
The Tweet reads: "Will @Rony10Lopes or @67Kelechi & Nwakali follow in @aguerosergiokun's footsteps?"
Sergio Agüero scored six goals in the tournament and won the Golden Boot and the Golden Ball at the FIFA U20 World Cup in 2007 as Argentina triumphed for the sixth time.
Kelechi Iheanacho who is eyeing first team action at Manchester City next season was named Player of the Tournament at the 2013 FIFA U17 World Cup and he'll hope to put up a stellar performance at the FIFA U20 World Cup where the African Champions, Nigeria are considered tournament favourites.

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by watchindelta(m): 12:35pm On May 28, 2015
all u20 players are good, no need to compared.

2 Likes

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by terzurum5(m): 12:37pm On May 28, 2015

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 12:37pm On May 28, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Flying Eagles will shine vows Iheanacho[/size]

Manchester City starlet Kelechi Iheanacho has said he hopes the Flying Eagles match the high expectations from the Nigeria at the U20 World Cup in New Zealand.

The African champions are drawn against five-time winners Brazil, North Korea and Hungary in the first round.

They play their first match on Monday afternoon at the Taranaki Stadium against Brazil and Iheanacho, who joined the team in Auckland enroute to match venue New Plymouth, said they will go for broke against the team who finished fourth in the South American qualifiers.

“We hope to scale through in our first game against Brazil and go on from there,” said the highly-rated 18-year forward, who has recovered from an old ankle injury to come back strongly with goals for the Manchester City Elite Development Squad.

“We hope to scale through in our first game against Brazil and go on from there,” he vowed.

“Yes, they have won five times, but that time is past. This is a new generation and a new competition. It will be determined in 90 minutes.

“We have to do well as a team, put in our best for us to beat them because they are also a very good team. And then take it on from there and face the other teams in our group.

“It will be a very good experience for me and the team as well. We hope we will do much better than we did with the U17s because we have grown up now and this is another level of football so we have to perfect many things we did not do with the U17s and play more professionally.”

He missed the team’s three-week training tour of Germany, but he expects his past experience with the squad will come in handy at the World Cup.

“I would have loved to be in Germany with the team, but I encountered visa issues and coupled with my injury, it was not possible to come down,” said the MVP of the FIFA U17 World Cup, which Nigeria won two years ago in UAE. [/b]

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by opiscoal(m): 1:04pm On May 28, 2015
safarigirl:
grin
safarigirl:
Reach.... As in TOUCH and FEEL shey? I'm hia
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Nobody: 1:06pm On May 28, 2015
Will Gotv show the match?

(1) (2) (3) ... (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) ... (232) (Reply)

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread / The NBA Begins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.