Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,706 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:45 PM

Snail Farming Thread -- Let's Make It Work - Agriculture (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Snail Farming Thread -- Let's Make It Work (48530 Views)

The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!) / Snail Farming Vs Grasscutter: Which One Is More Profitable? / PICTURE..Free Range Snail Farming Style In Lagos Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Snail Farming Thread -- Let's Make It Work by Oluwalogbon(m): 8:02am On Jun 27, 2017
Snail have sex

Re: Snail Farming Thread -- Let's Make It Work by onuwaje(m): 3:12pm On Jun 27, 2017
i have dozens of these

but i don't know the specie

they eat alot but don't grow.
they also lay lots of eggs which have hatched just 4

Re: Snail Farming Thread -- Let's Make It Work by domack99(m): 6:36pm On Jun 27, 2017
Hi guys,

Sincerely I have all resources to start this snail farming, have excess of two and half acres that I can plant pawpaw and melon that can be use to feed these snails, but I really have a concern on how lucrative and viability of this snail farming. Unlike chicken and goat meat that is consume by every tom, dick and harry, you hardly see snails in home for consumption.

Also most people I have discussed with and those that claim to be expert in the business are more interested in either consultancy fee, constructing snail house with ridiculous amount or to sell e-book and when I see things like this I tend to doubt and question the profitability of the business itself.

If there is anyone into this business in Snail farming in Lagos, Ogun or Ibadan axis to PM me please. or drop contact.
Re: Snail Farming Thread -- Let's Make It Work by kavetal: 3:31am On Jun 29, 2017
onuwaje:
i have dozens of these
but i don't know the specie

they eat alot but don't grow. they also lay lots of eggs which have hatched just 4
though the pix is not that clear it look like Limicolaria, they call it ipere in Yoruba the eggs are very tiny,
Re: Snail Farming Thread -- Let's Make It Work by kavetal: 3:34am On Jun 29, 2017
domack99:
Hi guys,

Sincerely I have all resources to start this snail farming, have excess of two and half acres that I can plant pawpaw and melon that can be use to feed these snails, but I really have a concern on how lucrative and viability of this snail farming. Unlike chicken and goat meat that is consume by every tom, dick and harry, you hardly see snails in home for consumption.

Also most people I have discussed with and those that claim to be expert in the business are more interested in either consultancy fee, constructing snail house with ridiculous amount or to sell e-book and when I see things like this I tend to doubt and question the profitability of the business itself.

If there is anyone into this business in Snail farming in Lagos, Ogun or Ibadan axis to PM me please. or drop contact.

contact me on 08035550914, I am snail farmer ,
Re: Snail Farming Thread -- Let's Make It Work by onuwaje(m): 6:04am On Jun 29, 2017
kavetal:

though the pix is not that clear
it look like Limicolaria, they call it ipere in Yoruba the eggs are very tiny,
So no need to train them
Re: Snail Farming Thread -- Let's Make It Work by domack99(m): 3:37pm On Jun 29, 2017
kavetal:

Thanks will call you tomorrow
Re: Snail Farming Thread -- Let's Make It Work by OfficialVpOsinb: 8:20pm On Jun 29, 2017
domack99:
Hi guys,

Lol.
Same thing happened to me o. Contacted a couple of these snail farming "gurus" and I almost dropped the idea.

They were more concerned with consultancy fees or building my snail pen @ 3.5 million naira (actually, it was the guy they call Collins that sent me the quotation).

I will advise you take time to learn about the whole thing, probably start with a very small pen and then scale up as your expertise and resources permit.

Me, I started 3 months ago with 1 pen containing about 100 snails I personally picked from my backyard and today I have grown more than I anticipated.

3 Likes

Re: Snail Farming Thread -- Let's Make It Work by babyboy4every1: 11:19pm On Jun 29, 2017
@domack99
I will give you 2 comprehensive ebook for free + u can come and see how i constructed my pen. Though, i just started but i hav more than 250 snails. I belief it is profitable. U will get all what u need in the ebook. Or betterstill look for the download link on my forum "my experince about snail farming" by babyboy4every1. My email lawalmutiuolalekan@gmail.com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Snail Farming Thread -- Let's Make It Work by domack99(m): 12:56pm On Jul 11, 2017
kavetal:

Do you have another number, I have been trying this since forever
Re: Snail Farming Thread -- Let's Make It Work by Nobody: 10:08am On Feb 14, 2018
I need someone that can supply me achatina achatina snail. I stay in Lagos.
Re: Snail Farming Thread -- Let's Make It Work by pragmatistm(m): 11:00pm On Feb 15, 2018
damikay87:
I need someone that can supply me achatina achatina snail. I stay in Lagos.
Are you looking for table sizes for consumption or medium size for rearing? Two, how many do you need? And laslty, is it a one time thing or you need it regularly? When you answer these then I will determine what and how much you can get it
Re: Snail Farming Thread -- Let's Make It Work by Nobody: 7:37am On Feb 28, 2018
pragmatistm:
Are you looking for table sizes for consumption or medium size for rearing? Two, how many do you need? And laslty, is it a one time thing or you need it regularly? When you answer these then I will determine what and how much you can get it

I am new to snail farming, I need the ones for rearing. Will 20pieces be enough or what's your advice
Re: Snail Farming Thread -- Let's Make It Work by pragmatistm(m): 7:37pm On Mar 05, 2018
damikay87:

I am new to snail farming, I need the ones for rearing. Will 20pieces be enough or what's your advice
The number you want to raise depends on the available space. So what space do you have to raise them?
Re: Snail Farming Thread -- Let's Make It Work by pragmatistm(m): 4:03pm On Jul 14, 2018
See my backyard snail pens. I have been training them now for up to a year.

Pic 1 is the newly hatched snails pen.

Pic 2 is the medium size growers pen. Few of them have started laying firstime eggs.

Pic 3 is the pen for matured egg layers pen.

If you need training or want to buy snails medium or large, contact 0.8.1.6.5.3.5.9.7.4.6 (Call/WhatsApp)

1 Like

Re: Snail Farming Thread -- Let's Make It Work by stanzo: 8:05pm On Mar 07, 2019
SALES MANAGER NEEDED at Aidyl integrated Allied farms limited, Abuja.

Requirement
A tertiary qualification in marketing management

Must have working experience in marketing and sales

Must have experience in using social media as a marketing tool

Must know how to drive with drivers licence

To apply please send a written application to infor@aidylfarms.com, the application should include full cv.
For more inquiry call 09070503244.
Re: Snail Farming Thread -- Let's Make It Work by TrixieC: 1:43pm On Sep 13, 2019
kankaroo:
I am still in the process of setting up my SNAIL farm, just yesterday i discovered that ants (red rugged ants that is smaller than Soldier ant has surged from the ground. They are enjoying carrots and cocoyam peals i deposited in the farm. How do i treat this farm before i introduce the snails? Should i apply insecticide inside the soil of the farm because they are coming from the soil/ground

There are various ant repellents and traps. I would recommend using both types before and after introducing the snails. According to this blog, most of them are resistant to rain, snow and sun. From my experience, just a couple of these should be enough to deal with the ant problem. All you need just a few days just to be sure. You may also reinstall traps later again.
Re: Snail Farming Thread -- Let's Make It Work by bestmutiu2019(m): 6:49pm On Apr 19, 2020
kavetal:

how can I contact you WhatsApp preferably ,about snail farming
Re: Snail Farming Thread -- Let's Make It Work by pragmatistm(m): 4:14am On Jun 20, 2020
bestmutiu2019:
how can I contact you WhatsApp preferably ,about snail farming

If you need training or want to buy snails medium or large, contact 0.8.1.6.5.3.5.9.7.4.6 (Call/WhatsApp)

I am the OP of this thread.
Re: Snail Farming Thread -- Let's Make It Work by Bhorbymills1990: 11:17am On Jun 20, 2020
domack99:
Hi guys,

It's a very lucrative business and I can teach you some scope on how to market it effortlessly
Re: Snail Farming Thread -- Let's Make It Work by Bhorbymills1990: 11:22am On Jun 20, 2020
OfficialVpOsinb:

Lol.
Same thing happened to me o. Contacted a couple of these snail farming "gurus" and I almost dropped the idea.

They were more concerned with consultancy fees or building my snail pen @ 3.5 million naira (actually, it was the guy they call Collins that sent me the quotation).

I will advise you take time to learn about the whole thing, probably start with a very small pen and then scale up as your expertise and resources permit.

Me, I started 3 months ago with 1 pen containing about 100 snails I personally picked from my backyard and today I have grown more than I anticipated.

That's so cool ... I started less than 2 months ago with just 20snails but now I have more eggs and newly hatched snails than I can ever imagine
Re: Snail Farming Thread -- Let's Make It Work by pragmatistm(m): 10:01pm On Jun 22, 2020
Bhorbymills1990:

That's so cool ... I started less than 2 months ago with just 20snails but now I have more eggs and newly hatched snails than I can ever imagine
Show pictures of your snails/pen.
Re: Snail Farming Thread -- Let's Make It Work by Bhorbymills1990: 7:56am On Jun 24, 2020
pragmatistm:

Re: Snail Farming Thread -- Let's Make It Work by Bhorbymills1990: 7:57am On Jun 24, 2020
[quote author=Bhorbymills1990 post=91007544][/quote]

Re: Snail Farming Thread -- Let's Make It Work by Bhorbymills1990: 7:58am On Jun 24, 2020
[quote author=Bhorbymills1990 post=91007565][/quote] These are the newly hatched eggs and they are about 150

Re: Snail Farming Thread -- Let's Make It Work by Bhorbymills1990: 8:09am On Jun 24, 2020
pragmatistm:

I still have over 300eggs buried here ...

Re: Snail Farming Thread -- Let's Make It Work by pragmatistm(m): 6:21am On Jun 28, 2020
[quote author=Bhorbymills1990 post=91007544][/quote] I guess its calcium you are feeding then with here. Where do you get it?

1 Like

Re: Snail Farming Thread -- Let's Make It Work by bath(m): 4:36pm On Jun 29, 2020
Who resides around onitsha or inside Anambra state that are selling? A need a seller to buy from, want to start up the snail rearing.

1 Like

Re: Snail Farming Thread -- Let's Make It Work by pragmatistm(m): 6:53pm On Jun 29, 2020
domack99:
Hi guys,

With the right training you can make cool money steadily from snail farming i.tell you. But not so soon.

1 Like

Re: Snail Farming Thread -- Let's Make It Work by Bhorbymills1990: 6:30am On Jun 30, 2020
pragmatistm:
I guess its calcium you are feeding then with here. Where do you get it?
Yes it's calcium and its cheap and abundant here
Re: Snail Farming Thread -- Let's Make It Work by bath(m): 6:44am On Jun 30, 2020
How do you get your calcium? I heard one guy talked abt egg shells and cement block as his source of calcium? How do u see it?
Bhorbymills1990:
Yes it's calcium and its cheap and abundant here

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

List Of Lucrative Farming Businesses To Venture Into In Nigeria / See The Animal I Killed On A Camping Trip / Photos Of A Pig Humping A Goat In Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.