Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,905 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:50 AM

Mtv Africa Music Awards 2008 - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Mtv Africa Music Awards 2008 (13822 Views)

D’banj Named Best-African Act At MTV Europe Music Awards 2012 / Winners, 2009 MTV Africa Music Award (mamas) / Psquare Again! Discredits Mtv Africa Awards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mtv Africa Music Awards 2008 by gaskinachi(m): 11:02pm On Nov 25, 2008
my bad, jozi won, but they stil suckkkkkkkkk grin
Re: Mtv Africa Music Awards 2008 by princesa(f): 12:29pm On Nov 28, 2008
tosinadeda:

Naeto c jst dropped his debut album!
So he obsiously a new comer!
U dig?
no i dnt dig angry
its just the A-Class artiste dishing out award round to themselves again
his album wasnt as tight as Timaya or M.p yet they werent even nominted
while an old papa got the award
crap jo sad
Re: Mtv Africa Music Awards 2008 by tosinadeda: 12:47pm On Nov 28, 2008
wuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut shocked
falacy
do u even av the album?
naeto c's album is banana's grin

is it his fault kini big deal was being played everywhere till it got all the necessary recognition

besides how dare u compare mp's album to naeto c's album shocked
timaya's album was cool but there was no award for his kind of music undecided lipsrsealed
besides timaya won an award at the hip hop world awards cool
Re: Mtv Africa Music Awards 2008 by princesa(f): 4:32pm On Nov 28, 2008
what do u mean timays music doesent deserve an award
is it bbecuse he isnt among the A class musicians angry

and Mp beat neato hand down jare sad
you guyz are just discriminators sad
Re: Mtv Africa Music Awards 2008 by tosinadeda: 4:54pm On Nov 28, 2008
Dnt misquote me o,i said there was no award 4 his kind of songs!

as 4 mp's album,its miles apart 4rm naeto c's album!
Re: Mtv Africa Music Awards 2008 by jubar007: 6:34pm On Nov 28, 2008
mp album is good, naeto album is good , both r creative artist,
Re: Mtv Africa Music Awards 2008 by tosinadeda: 6:37pm On Nov 28, 2008
but one has to be better tongue
Re: Mtv Africa Music Awards 2008 by Tattooboy: 9:20pm On Nov 28, 2008
Hey am MP's but "Kini Big Deal" alone beats all MP's album.
Re: Mtv Africa Music Awards 2008 by tosinadeda: 9:31pm On Nov 28, 2008
thank u jare
Re: Mtv Africa Music Awards 2008 by dready(f): 9:44pm On Nov 28, 2008
Fucck It, i wasn't expecting all this from Mtv Music Award.
Re: Mtv Africa Music Awards 2008 by Baro(m): 11:59pm On Nov 28, 2008
Naeto C is good, but Timaya deserves the Best New Act Category more than any act in Naija right now, no new act has ever broken into the music industry like the Bayelsa dude did; every track on his album was a hit, sold over a million units, featured in countless hits, headlining big shows nationwide,e.t.c what else is needed to clinch the award for the aforementioned category? The rapping son of Kema Chikwe with all the connections of Obi Asika and Olisa Adibua would need a second or third album to equal this feat. Dont get me wrong, am a fan of Naeto C.

Please let no one tell me about his genre of music; the category is Best New Act(No genre specified)

Awards would always be awards; never fair angry
Re: Mtv Africa Music Awards 2008 by Baro(m): 12:04am On Nov 29, 2008
Yes fucck it lipsrsealed
Re: Mtv Africa Music Awards 2008 by tosinadeda: 12:10am On Nov 29, 2008
kini big deal won it for naeto c!!!
that song was every where cool
even internatioanl tv

offcourse timaya was a banger
Re: Mtv Africa Music Awards 2008 by shotster50(m): 1:11am On Nov 29, 2008
@ Tosinadeda
Please which 'internatioanl tv' was it shown on
Re: Mtv Africa Music Awards 2008 by tosinadeda: 1:24am On Nov 29, 2008
is mtv local
Re: Mtv Africa Music Awards 2008 by princesa(f): 2:15pm On Nov 29, 2008
dude,
i hope you would open your eyes to see the real reality
naeto dint deserve that award
he anint as popular as Timaya, but he got it
this goes to show what i have been speaking about
A class artiste giving award to themselve alone
round and round the circle, not letting anyone into their circle
and this goes for p-square and Dbanj too
no one excluded sad
Re: Mtv Africa Music Awards 2008 by tosinadeda: 3:47pm On Nov 29, 2008
na that ur so called A give am the award!!!!
let timaya too turn to ur A artistes

haba na wa o
Re: Mtv Africa Music Awards 2008 by princesa(f): 3:51pm On Nov 29, 2008
you dnt get, he can turn to an A artiste on my list undecided
because he already is one, but not in the list of the givers of award
cos sadly i dnt give awards na embarassed
Re: Mtv Africa Music Awards 2008 by tosinadeda: 5:05pm On Nov 29, 2008
yeaaaaaaah 2 bad
its not a naija award its mtv
Re: Mtv Africa Music Awards 2008 by Baro(m): 5:46pm On Nov 29, 2008
The Manager of MTV Africa is Nigerian, an Igbo man (Okosi)for that matter, so with him anything can surely happen.

Naeto C and Ikechukwu are both Undeserved winners in the talked about MTV Award, they are both Igbo boys; both are under Storm Records, a label co-owned by Obi Asika and Olisa Adibua, both Igbo Men too. I leave you to work out the remaining arithmetic. lipsrsealed
Re: Mtv Africa Music Awards 2008 by tosinadeda: 6:01pm On Nov 29, 2008
is timaya yoruba grin
rubbish
Re: Mtv Africa Music Awards 2008 by biola4real(m): 6:03pm On Nov 29, 2008
Dose judge must be quacks 2 have given naeto c and ikechukwu.
Re: Mtv Africa Music Awards 2008 by tosinadeda: 6:10pm On Nov 29, 2008
biola4real:

Dose judge must be quacks 2 have given naeto c and ikechukwu.

ikechukwu yes i agree he shouldnt av won!!!!!!
but naeto c!! that guy is dope
if u dnt av the album u not qualified to talk shit here jare!!!!

tell me nice was meant to beat lil wayne to best hip hop when its obvious 9ice dsnt do hip hop

@baro
abi is 9ice ibo again?
Re: Mtv Africa Music Awards 2008 by icezik1(m): 8:54pm On Nov 29, 2008
tosinadeda:

ikechukwu yes i agree he shouldnt av won!!!!!!
but naeto c!! that guy is dope
if u dnt av the album u not qualified to talk shit here jare!!!!

tell me nice was meant to beat little wayne to best hip hop when its obvious[b] 9ice dsnt do hip hop[/b]

@baro
abi is 9ice ibo again?

What are you talking about? 9ice is a hip hop artiste and has always been a Hip Hop artiste. Do you even know what Hip Hop music is? Don't go around assuming Hip Hop and Rap are the same music. Rap falls under Hip Hop music but Hip Hop ain't limited to Rap. Akon is a Hip Hop artiste, same as Flo - Rida (Who sang more than he rapped on most of his hit songs). little' Wayne sings all the time and have you listened to "Love Lockdown" by Kayne West? These are all HIp HOp. So yes, 9ice was nominated for the right category. Besides, this is the first edition, give 'em a chance to improve before jumping to conclusions. Let's chill, at least, 2 years (2010) and see what they come up with then before we judge. You ask, how 9ice could have beat little Wayne in Africa to best Hip Hop awards? Do you realise how big Gongo Aso was? Just watch this video below to get an idea
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVFPGXVte4Y
Re: Mtv Africa Music Awards 2008 by tosinadeda: 9:08pm On Nov 29, 2008
ice_zik:

Do you realise how big Gongo Aso was? Just watch this video below to get an idea

hmmm mayb i dunno wut hip hop means grin
but if 9ice does hip hop, tell me he was better than lilwayne this year
i agree gongo aso as album was a mad hit, as in crazy hit if u know wut i mean.
i sing street credibility with passion cool

but lilwayne shouldnt av been nominated at all, if he wasnt going to win
Re: Mtv Africa Music Awards 2008 by lalaboi(m): 9:14pm On Nov 29, 2008
guy,

its mtv africa music award

any african artist will be more favoured than a foreign artist

thats the way the cookie crumbles ma guy! lol!

e happen for europe music award too. europeans wey awarded most of the awards
Re: Mtv Africa Music Awards 2008 by tosinadeda: 9:19pm On Nov 29, 2008
lalaboi:

guy,

its mtv africa music award

any african artist will be more favoured than a foreign artist

thats the way the cookie crumbles ma guy! lol!

e happen for europe music award too. europeans wey awarded most of the awards

i guess alicia keys is african also
besides i know its african thats y i said weezy shouldnt av been nominated
Re: Mtv Africa Music Awards 2008 by YourFather: 9:27pm On Nov 29, 2008
my 2 kobo,

TIMAYA should have been nominated, best new act, period.

9ice was nominated in best new act (although not one) he should have won, the guy as help 9ja down since December 07 with gongo aso and actually delivered a fine album. Naeto C's album is cool, but to say he had more impact than 9ice is a joke. If he couldn't win over 9ice in best hip hop please explain how he did it in best new act??

Wind am well had no business been nominated, Shayo by Durella was easily one of the best videos in 9ja this year.

out of the videos nominated, Psqaure should have won, how did they not pick Roll it over Wind am well, bloody cheats!

Act of the year = Dbanj, how?? he drop is singles aroud April and the album in June, 9ice and Psquare held it down four months before and are still holding it down, one of them should have won, but at least this was close. Unlike bloody wind am well, how did that video make the short list, HOW

We complain about the 9ja goverment been copprut, what do we call this none-sense that the MAMA's put together, and they had no reason to be.
Re: Mtv Africa Music Awards 2008 by AfrknKngs(m): 10:51pm On Nov 29, 2008
ice_zik:

What are you talking about? 9ice is a hip hop artiste and has always been a Hip Hop artiste. Do you even know what Hip Hop music is? Don't go around assuming Hip Hop and Rap are the same music. Rap falls under Hip Hop music but Hip Hop ain't limited to Rap. Akon is a Hip Hop artiste, same as Flo - Rida (Who sang more than he rapped on most of his hit songs). little' Wayne sings all the time and have you listened to "Love Lockdown" by Kayne West? These are all HIp HOp. So yes, 9ice was nominated for the right category. Besides, this is the first edition, give 'em a chance to improve before jumping to conclusions. Let's chill, at least, 2 years (2010) and see what they come up with then before we judge. You ask, how 9ice could have beat little Wayne in Africa to best Hip Hop awards? Do you realise how big Gongo Aso was? Just watch this video below to get an idea

Lol. . . U r seriously wasting your time!

tosinadeda:

i guess alicia keys is african also
besides i know its african thats y i said weezy shouldnt av been nominated

I guess u missed da point when lalaboi said "europeans wey awarded [size=15pt]most[/size] of the awards" in other words, if it's an african music awards, AFRICANS are most likely to win MOST the awards!

I don said this shit b4. . . this nucca can't read! that's why da nucca keep shittin around and leavin stains behind his comments!!! Get a life dude! what u goint to school 4?
Re: Mtv Africa Music Awards 2008 by tosinadeda: 11:09pm On Nov 29, 2008
Yawns
av bn xpectn u!
Re: Mtv Africa Music Awards 2008 by romeo(m): 8:23pm On Nov 30, 2008
Baro:

The Manager of MTV Africa is Nigerian, an Igbo man (Okosi)for that matter, so with him anything can surely happen.

Naeto C and Ikechukwu are both Undeserved winners in the talked about MTV Award, they are both Igbo boys; both are under Storm Records, a label co-owned by Obi Asika and Olisa Adibua, both Igbo Men too. I leave you to work out the remaining arithmetic. lipsrsealed

You are so dumb and daft and at the same time suffering from inferiority complex!!

Your D'banj, Asa, Timaya etc etc can not command the kind of crowd P square (Igbo boys) control in the whole of Africa and they only got a single award out of 5 nominations. Are they not Igbo Boys? Why didn't Obi Asika and Olisa help them to win all? Faze is an Igbo boy and was not nominated, Illbliss another Igbo boy without nomination.

Naeto C's "You know my P" is international standard and Timaya might be big in Nigeria but not big even in West Africa
Votes they get from other countries counts as well and not only NAIJA votes. lol

I hate it when dumbs bring ethnicity into the only thing making Nigerians proud all over the world. I recently saw P square's concert in Nairobi Kenya and i felt proud of our musicians. Enjoy and comment here and tell me who is bigger than them in Naija, Tribalistic bad belles!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFdbgoYbXGc
Re: Mtv Africa Music Awards 2008 by Tattooboy: 8:29pm On Nov 30, 2008
Its a pity Asa aint got anything. Kudos to kokomaster!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Don Jazzy Reacts To 'Oliver Twist' Ban By NBC / "Ponraele: A Ponmile Cover" By Kayefi: Another Promotion Of Domestic Violence / DOWNLOAD: Olamide - Durosoke [official Video]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.