Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,123 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:07 AM

Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) - Health (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) (84437 Views)

Nigerian Pharmacist Reveals What Constant Sex Will Do To You / Ask Me Anything On Drugs And Supplements / Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by mofy1(f): 6:44am On Nov 14, 2015
Pls ma : a family member has heavy growth of staph. she has taken injection as prescribed by the lab technician and even a strong antibiotic but still she scrashes her body every now and then. Pls help with any good drug prescription b4 I catches this thing I beg u with God. Because she is the type that likes to shake hand after prayer(am a muslim) and I am the one washing her clothes. if I start avoiding her she will feel stigmatise. waiting in anticipation
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by mofy1(f): 6:46am On Nov 14, 2015
Pls ma : a family member has heavy growth of staph. she has taken injection as prescribed by the lab technician and even a strong antibiotic but still she scrashes her body every now and then. Pls help with any good drug prescription b4 I catches this thing I beg u with God. Because she is the type that likes to shake hand after prayer(am a muslim) and I am the one washing her clothes. if I start avoiding her she will feel stigmatise. waiting in anticipation.
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by Osagbovo2(m): 10:06pm On Dec 28, 2015
Hello doc. Please how can I reduce my cholesterol level it has always being on the high side even after taken pilss (234mg/dl) as against 100-200mg/dl
Thanks
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by phykiesexy: 8:14pm On Jan 01, 2016
Kenett:
Good evening House,
please sir i ran a culture and sensivity test (urethral swab) and the result is
Yielded scanty growth of staphylococcus species after 48 hours incubation at 37 degrees
sensitivity
Clindamycin (+++)
Cefpodoxime (++)
resistant drugs
ofloxacin,gentamycin,ciprofloxacin,norfloxacin,levofloxacin,cefixime,cloxacillin,ceftriaxone,erythromycin.

P.s i also did a blood culture but still awaiting the results.

Please sir i would be very greatful if you can offer me some advice as to drugs to take.

Thank you.

Call this number 07057882254. No antibiotics wld cure it, it wld only suppress it n den later it wld resurface.
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by iWillSackDatMod: 9:48am On Jan 02, 2016
Emdee590:
Mr pharmacist ooo plenty questions lie idle for here ooo

Pleas what is the dose for praziquantel tablet 600mg , adult dose ! as I can't comprehend the dose based on body weight here

DOSING FORMS & STRENGTHS
tablet
600mg

SCHISTOSOMIASIS
20 mg/kg PO TID for 1 day (at intervals 4-6 hr)

CLONORCHIASIS, OPISTHORCHIASIS
75 mg/kg/d divided PO TID for 1 day (at intervals 4-6 hr)

CYSTICERCOSIS (OFF-LABEL)
50-100 mg/kg/d divided q8hr PO for 14 days

FLUKES (OFF-LABEL)
75 mg/kg/d PO divided TID for 1-2 days

TAPEWORMS (OFF-LABEL)
5-10 mg/kg as single dose or 25 mg/kg if hymenolepis nana
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by Emdee590(m): 8:02am On Jan 09, 2016
iWillSackDatMod:

DOSING FORMS & STRENGTHS
tablet
600mg

SCHISTOSOMIASIS
20 mg/kg PO TID for 1 day (at intervals 4-6 hr)

CLONORCHIASIS, OPISTHORCHIASIS
75 mg/kg/d divided PO TID for 1 day (at intervals 4-6 hr)

CYSTICERCOSIS (OFF-LABEL)
50-100 mg/kg/d divided q8hr PO for 14 days

FLUKES (OFF-LABEL)
75 mg/kg/d PO divided TID for 1-2 days

TAPEWORMS (OFF-LABEL)
5-10 mg/kg as single dose or 25 mg/kg if hymenolepis nana
Thanks man
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by Ayus4u(m): 11:01am On Feb 04, 2016
what drugs can i use to treat a boil on my face. i have took Ampiclox beecham and vitamin C but d pus are not coming out and the swelling still remain. pls pharm i need u to prescribe some drugs to take ASAP thank yuu.
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by aieromon(m): 11:14pm On Feb 07, 2016
Ayus4u:
what drugs can i use to treat a boil on my face. i have took Ampiclox beecham and vitamin C but d pus are not coming out and the swelling still remain. pls pharm i need u to prescribe some drugs to take ASAP thank yuu.

How did you take the Ampliclox and what was the duration of use?
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by Ayus4u(m): 7:17am On Feb 08, 2016
aieromon:

How did you take the Ampliclox and what was the duration of use?

1-1-1
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by aieromon(m): 7:29am On Feb 08, 2016
Ayus4u:

1-1-1

My friend,buy Ampliclox by Beecham and take 1 capsule every six hours for five days.
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by evanscheck(m): 7:37pm On Feb 18, 2016
phykiesexy:

Call this number 07057882254. No antibiotics wld cure it, it wld only suppress it n den later it wld resurface.
Is the blood test out. Have u be attended to? Wanna help!
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by evanscheck(m): 7:44pm On Feb 18, 2016
Osagbovo2:
Hello doc. Please how can I reduce my cholesterol level it has always being on the high side even after taken pilss (234mg/dl) as against 100-200mg/dl
Thanks
The test result is not so bad.. going by the boundary u have got there.... but u can work on it below d line. Use diet and den engage in supplement for example garlic have shown to be a very good cholesterol thinner. See u at the top
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by evanscheck(m): 7:46pm On Feb 18, 2016
mofy1:
Pls ma : a family member has heavy growth of staph. she has taken injection as prescribed by the lab technician and even a strong antibiotic but still she scrashes her body every now and then. Pls help with any good drug prescription b4 I catches this thing I beg u with God. Because she is the type that likes to shake hand after prayer(am a muslim) and I am the one washing her clothes. if I start avoiding her she will feel stigmatise. waiting in anticipation.

Do u have any idea of the drug ur friend took
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by evanscheck(m): 7:52pm On Feb 18, 2016
Feel so good to be back!!!!
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by nwabuwa: 9:52am On Feb 19, 2016
My left heart has been beating fast since morning what drug do I take..
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by Mike008(m): 5:58pm On Mar 12, 2016
This thread still active, I have health concerns.
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by Mike008(m): 6:33pm On Mar 12, 2016
Mubarak1:
Wow! U r really trying pharmacist, well done, Pls I noticed an irritation on my head when I scratch atimes a very tiny white insect falls and fly... What did u suggest, what causes it and how can I treat it?
Thanks!

LOL. Contact your village people.

1 Like

Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by Peterjamesdan: 3:39pm On Mar 14, 2016
Good day Pharm,
Pls, I really appreciate your kind response to members questions. I really need to improve on my erectile issues. So I was advised to start taking Multi Maca from Forever Living Product (Forever Multi Maca). Please, do you know if this works or if it can help. I really need an assistance on this.
Waiting for your response
Regards

1 Like

Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by meekmill(m): 1:09pm On Mar 20, 2016
hello doc,
pls i dont have appetite to eat but av been taking appetite drugs and it works but when i stop taking it, no appetite to eat again
pls help

1 Like

Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by evanscheck(m): 1:27am On Apr 17, 2016
meekmill:
hello doc,
pls i dont have appetite to eat but av been taking appetite drugs and it works but when i stop taking it, no appetite to eat again
pls help

Which drugs have u been taking
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by evanscheck(m): 1:29am On Apr 17, 2016
Peterjamesdan:
Good day Pharm,
Pls, I really appreciate your kind response to members questions. I really need to improve on my erectile issues. So I was advised to start taking Multi Maca from Forever Living Product (Forever Multi Maca). Please, do you know if this works or if it can help. I really need an assistance on this.
Waiting for your response
Regards

Marca root treats ED so well. U are on d right track
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by evanscheck(m): 1:31am On Apr 17, 2016
nwabuwa:
My left heart has been beating fast since morning what drug do I take..

Stand on ur head and move

1 Like

Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by Cool83(m): 3:33pm On Apr 17, 2016
please, apart of immunace which is not meant for children, what supplements can you recommend for a 12 years old boy which comprises of all necessary vitamins, thanks
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by meekmill(m): 1:53pm On Apr 19, 2016
evanscheck:

Which drugs have u been taking
super appetite with xasten
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by evanscheck(m): 7:07pm On May 09, 2016
Cool83:
please, apart of immunace which is not meant for children, what supplements can you recommend for a 12 years old boy which comprises of all necessary vitamins, thanks

Well kid by vitabiotics, if u have nt bought anyone
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by calliope(f): 1:23am On May 13, 2016
evanscheck:

Well kid by vitabiotics, if u have nt bought anyone
Taking a drug which help with my refractive error and reduces pain in both eyes, but increases my Blood pressure, what do I do?
And what drug can I take that wud totally cure or reduce insomnia without side effects....
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by vpaymoney(m): 6:26am On May 13, 2016
gm pharmacist, pls my wife is in her last month and
still feels feverish with bitter mouth (which i guess emanating from mating).even as she
is taking pregnacare plus. I read about
sulfadoxine
and pyrimethamine. (Artesunate) recommended
by WHO. pls can she use this along side with the
existing pregnacare plus to cure the malaria?
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by evanscheck(m): 11:18am On May 13, 2016
calliope:

Taking a drug which help with my refractive error and reduces pain in both eyes, but increases my Blood pressure, what do I do?
And what drug can I take that wud totally cure or reduce insomnia without side effects....

U did nt state the drugs u were talking to balance ur focus and pian reduction.n
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by evanscheck(m): 11:18am On May 13, 2016
calliope:

U did nt state the drugs u were talking to balance ur focus and pain reduction.
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by guchilady: 7:40am On May 14, 2016
Dear pharm,I'm an asthmatic bh I have ds issue,weneva I feel hurt emotionally,I have ds terrible chest pain,I feel so heavy in my chest then my chest starts tightening nd if I dnt use my inhaler,I strt avn breathn difficulty afterwards I feel very weak.is this normal or is this just me
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by evanscheck(m): 10:41am On May 15, 2016
vpaymoney:
gm pharmacist, pls my wife is in her last month and
still feels feverish with bitter mouth (which i guess emanating from mating).even as she
is taking pregnacare plus. I read about
sulfadoxine
and pyrimethamine. (Artesunate) recommended
by WHO. pls can she use this along side with the
existing pregnacare plus to cure the malaria?

U did nt mention where u did test to confirm the symptoms were malaria!! But all the drugs u called are good and recommended by WHO for pregnant women. Caution is applied only in the first trimester that is when she is selective of some drugs. She can take the sulphadoxine and pyrimethamine along side the artesunant. Wish ur wife a happy baby delivery
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by evanscheck(m): 10:44am On May 15, 2016
guchilady:
Dear pharm,I'm an asthmatic bh I have ds issue,weneva I feel hurt emotionally,I have ds terrible chest pain,I feel so heavy in my chest then my chest starts tightening nd if I dnt use my inhaler,I strt avn breathn difficulty afterwards I feel very weak.is this normal or is this just me

Go for a more non -invasive test! Certain confirmation are needed for proper medication. It wud be okay! It's just a condition

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (26) (Reply)

Heavily Pregnant Woman Spotted Smoking, Sparks Reactions (Video) / Intimate Wash Product: Its Side Effects Or Benefits / WHO Advices People To Wear Face-Masks In Public

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.