Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,806 members, 7,802,574 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:35 PM

2004 Honda Accord Rear Wheel Wobbles - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 2004 Honda Accord Rear Wheel Wobbles (1446 Views)

Reasons Why Front-wheel Drive Sucks And Why Rear-wheel Drive Is best / Toyota Siena Wobbles Esp. While In Slow Drive. Pls Help / Front Wheel Drive Vs Rear Wheel Drive; Which Is Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2004 Honda Accord Rear Wheel Wobbles by oride: 11:20am On Jun 28, 2014
Hello house,
My 2004 honda accord left rear tire wobbles while in motion. I have checked the hub, done wheel balancing even bought new tires to no avail. This makes the car to shake at low speeds. Your input on resolving this is welcomed.
Re: 2004 Honda Accord Rear Wheel Wobbles by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:44pm On Jun 28, 2014
oride: Hello house,
My 2004 honda accord left rear tire wobbles while in motion. I have checked the hub, done wheel balancing even bought new tires to no avail. This makes the car to shake at low speeds. Your input on resolving this is welcomed.

Swap wheels and let's see if it persists.
Re: 2004 Honda Accord Rear Wheel Wobbles by mayor2013: 12:46pm On Jun 28, 2014
Are you sure you bought the right hub? Do a tyre rotation first and this involves bringing the 2 back tyres swapping them with the ones in front
Re: 2004 Honda Accord Rear Wheel Wobbles by oride: 2:36pm On Jun 28, 2014
GAZZUZZ:

Swap wheels and let's see if it persists.
did that already. No change.
Re: 2004 Honda Accord Rear Wheel Wobbles by oride: 2:38pm On Jun 28, 2014
mayor2013: Are you sure you bought the right hub? Do a tyre rotation first and this involves bringing the 2 back tyres swapping them with the ones in front
Didn't buy another hub cos there seemed to be nothing wrong with it. Already swapped the tires. I even bought three new tires all to no avail.
Re: 2004 Honda Accord Rear Wheel Wobbles by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:05pm On Jun 28, 2014
What kind of wheel balance equipment did u use? Did u use the computerised wheel balancing machine? Or just the one with the air bubble in the center and weights placed to center the bubble? I'm asking so we can rule out the wheels, if the wheels are placed on a computer wheel balance equipment when the wheel turns its easy to detect if the wheel is the culprit or not. Rule out bad wheels.

Ur case is easy

Tyres
Wheels
Hubs(wheel bearings)

You have already removed tyres from the list.
Re: 2004 Honda Accord Rear Wheel Wobbles by oride: 5:00pm On Jun 28, 2014
GAZZUZZ: What kind of wheel balance equipment did u use? Did u use the computerised wheel balancing machine? Or just the one with the air bubble in the center and weights placed to center the bubble? I'm asking so we can rule out the wheels, if the wheels are placed on a computer wheel balance equipment when the wheel turns its easy to detect if the wheel is the culprit or not. Rule out bad wheels.

Ur case is easy

Tyres
Wheels
Hubs(wheel bearings)

You have already removed tyres from the list.
Good news guys,
The problem has been fixed. A friend introduced me to his mechanic who fixed it in record time. The unfortunate thing is I stepped away for a bit and didn't see what he did and he refused to tell me what went wrong.
Anyways, I really appreciate your inputs. Cheers.
Re: 2004 Honda Accord Rear Wheel Wobbles by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:09pm On Jun 28, 2014
oride:
Good news guys,
The problem has been fixed. A friend introduced me to his mechanic who fixed it in record time. The unfortunate thing is I stepped away for a bit and didn't see what he did and he refused to tell me what went wrong.

Tyres-------x
Wheels-----x
Bearings---yes probably not bollted well.
Re: 2004 Honda Accord Rear Wheel Wobbles by inze(m): 7:22pm On Jun 28, 2014
oride:
Good news guys,

mtcheew

later someone will come back again to complain.

Funny how "Pay" attention doesn't cost "Anything"
Re: 2004 Honda Accord Rear Wheel Wobbles by oride: 1:01pm On Jun 29, 2014
inze:

mtcheew

later someone will come back again to complain.

Funny how "Pay" attention doesn't cost "Anything"
I had an urgent job to do. If I no hustle, where money for maintenance and repairs wan come from. Don't make conclusions sir.

1 Like

Re: 2004 Honda Accord Rear Wheel Wobbles by oride: 1:06pm On Jun 29, 2014
GAZZUZZ:

Tyres-------x
Wheels-----x
Bearings---yes probably not bollted well.
The third option is more likely to be responsible since nothing was changed.
I really appreciate your timely response bro.

God bless.

(1) (Reply)

Toyota Camry 2007 Xle Vs Toyota Camry 2008 Le / Photo: Meet The Sports Car That Runs On SALTWATER / Honda Oil Service Duration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.