Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,728 members, 7,802,201 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:55 AM

Hyundai Heavy Industry Intakes (batch 1---6). - Jobs/Vacancies (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Hyundai Heavy Industry Intakes (batch 1---6). (30189 Views)

Hyundai Heavy Industries Trainees. / Hyundai Heavy Industries Co., Ltd. Job Recruitment / Hyundai Heavy Industries Job Recruitment (6 Positions) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hyundai Heavy Industry Intakes (batch 1---6). by cyprel(m): 9:20pm On Jun 29, 2015
onojemma:
Hello batch 6 guys,
Kindly indicate your interest so that we can begin to arrange how we can get to BVC and settle down quickly for the training and especially accommodations issues.

dem never send me email o ..still waiting though
Re: Hyundai Heavy Industry Intakes (batch 1---6). by onojemma: 7:06pm On Jun 30, 2015
We need to start preparing from now.
Re: Hyundai Heavy Industry Intakes (batch 1---6). by onojemma: 9:19pm On Jul 01, 2015
Hello all,

I read in the papers today that trainees of SHI i.e Samsung Heavy Industries Trainees will be retained after training.I don't know wether HHI will do the same.SHI have been contracted to build 2 ships for NLNG while HHI will built 4 ships for NLNG,so it is expected that HHI should engage/retain more of their trainees after the training programme.

Those of us currently on training for basic welding at Bonny island,how far? any information on this.
According to the report,it does not make any sense to train people for a skill and then drop them like trash,without engaging them.
Re: Hyundai Heavy Industry Intakes (batch 1---6). by jideflows(m): 9:45pm On Jul 01, 2015
Shi is building 4 while HHI is building 2... the ship should be ready before the end of this year... please dont put your hope on HHI... its ust atraining after that all man for himself..
onojemma:
Hello all,

I read in the papers today that trainees of SHI i.e Samsung Heavy Industries Trainees will be retained after training.I don't know wether HHI will do the same.SHI have been contracted to build 2 ships for NLNG while HHI will built 4 ships for NLNG,so it is expected that HHI should engage/retain more of their trainees after the training programme.

Those of us currently on training for basic welding at Bonny island,how far? any information on this.
According to the report,it does not make any sense to train people for a skill and then drop them like trash,without engaging them.
Re: Hyundai Heavy Industry Intakes (batch 1---6). by Nobody: 6:18am On Jul 03, 2015
sanskid:
Hello everyone, pls pls can someone tell me how to apply, d sitesite bvcbonny.com has been under maintenance since early dis year. How did u guys register/apply
Help a brother out
Re: Hyundai Heavy Industry Intakes (batch 1---6). by donmatin(m): 9:23am On Jul 04, 2015
onojemma:
Hello all,

which newspaper published the shi article and date please
Re: Hyundai Heavy Industry Intakes (batch 1---6). by onojemma: 3:59pm On Jul 17, 2015
donmatin:
which newspaper published the shi article and date please
Guardian,1st July,2015.
Re: Hyundai Heavy Industry Intakes (batch 1---6). by jideflows(m): 5:52pm On Jul 17, 2015
HHI built 2 not 4. SHI built 4 n not 2.
donmatin:
which newspaper published the shi articles and date please
Re: Hyundai Heavy Industry Intakes (batch 1---6). by onojemma: 2:32pm On Jul 18, 2015
jideflows:
HHI built 2 not 4. SHI built 4 n not 2.

For me what really matter is for them to retain people after training,even if it is for some few years,at least to put the training acquired into practice,the truth of the whole matter is that,it makes no sense training people for 3 months and them let them go without tapping from their knowledge or empowering them to stand on their own.
My prayer to God is that God should touch the management of HHI and SHI and indeed the Nigerian government to wade in and do something about this aspect of the training.
If in all 6 ships will be built for NLNG,Nigerians trained in various aspect of ship building by HHI and SHI should be involved in the building of the 6 ships,so that Nigerian can have practical hands-on experience in ship building.
If they do this,then the training would have been meaningful to trainees.
Re: Hyundai Heavy Industry Intakes (batch 1---6). by jideflows(m): 5:02pm On Jul 18, 2015
The whole deal was just for them to train and thats all.. NLNG got it all wrong.. if you see the treatment given to the trainees after they returned you will get to understand that NLNG or SHI or HHI dont even have time for us... HHI presently has a job in Niger Dock but they cant call those they trained for the job. well lets wait for the dry dock project which is set to commence next year...
onojemma:

For me what really matter is for them to retain people after training,even if it is for some few years,at least to put the training acquired into practice,the truth of the whole matter is that,it makes no sense training people for 3 months and them let them go without tapping from their knowledge or empowering them to stand on their own.
My prayer to God is that God should touch the management of HHI and SHI and indeed the Nigerian government to wade in and do something about this aspect of the training.
If in all 6 ships will be built for NLNG,Nigerians trained in various aspect of ship building by HHI and SHI should be involved in the building of the 6 ships,so that Nigerian can have practical hands-on experience in ship building.
If they do this,then the training would have been meaningful to trainees.

Re: Hyundai Heavy Industry Intakes (batch 1---6). by onojemma: 2:47pm On Jul 19, 2015
jideflows:
The whole deal was just for them to train and thats all.. NLNG got it all wrong.. if you see the treatment given to the trainees after they returned you will get to understand that NLNG or SHI or HHI dont even have time for us... HHI presently has a job in Niger Dock but they cant call those they trained for the job. well lets wait for the dry dock project which is set to commence next year...

Jideflow,I believe there is something we can do to avert this ugly trend,even if we do not benefit from it,at least for the next generation of trainees,we can do something.We can take up this issues with the apprioprate government agency so that something can be done for the trainees.At least if they cannot employ them,at least they should be given something to stand on their own.At least with the new government,somebody will listen if we push.Change must start from somewhere.
The money involved is this whole programme is Nigerian money,so as Nigerians,we are entitiled to fully benefit from the programme,e.g we can take it up with the national assembly,servicom,Nigerian content board etc and let them no that,it makes no sense to train people and just abandon them,am sure the nationals of other countries will not this treatment meted to Nigerians.
I am pained that Nigerians,our own people are supporting a thing like this.How can you train people and throw them away.

2 Likes

Re: Hyundai Heavy Industry Intakes (batch 1---6). by jideflows(m): 5:44pm On Jul 19, 2015
My broda its not as easy as u think.. monoes has been shared no one will ansa you.. NCDMB new about it.. they were part of it from the start.. some set that went for 10months training in the building of the said ship will be in the country this coming weekend and they dont habe hope of employment after been in korea for 10months... the welders that went came back in March n till now no one even welcomed them back when they arrived.. wen we left korea last year same thing happened.. no one welcomed us.. those of is that didnt go back where give 160k.. I was among those that protested when we were in korea be4 they even agreed on the 160k.. some of us sold out becos they promised them that they will return n now they have gone n they are back to square one.. I have moved on from HHI n they are asking me wats the levels.. my broda leave niaja people.. they will make you look like a bad person.. all man for himself God for us...
onojemma:

Jideflow,I believe there is something we can do to avert this ugly trend,even if we do not benefit from it,at least for the next generation of trainees,we can do something.We can take up this issues with the apprioprate government agency so that something can be done for the trainees.At least if they cannot employ them,at least they should be given something to stand on their own.At least with the new government,somebody will listen if we push.Change must start from somewhere.
The money involved is this whole programme is Nigerian money,so as Nigerians,we are entitiled to fully benefit from the programme,e.g we can take it up with the national assembly,servicom,Nigerian content board etc and let them no that,it makes no sense to train people and just abandon them,am sure the nationals of other countries will not this treatment meted to Nigerians.
I am pained that Nigerians,our own people are supporting a thing like this.How can you train people and throw them away.
Re: Hyundai Heavy Industry Intakes (batch 1---6). by donmatin(m): 8:04pm On Jul 19, 2015
Jide i undastand where you are coming from and its very sad a coy like nlng will trainee and dispose like that.We can try out onojemma's suggestion if it doesnt work we know atleast we tried because the media lately has power.
jideflows:
My broda its not as easy as u think.. monoes has been shared no one will ansa you.. NCDMB new about it.. they were part of it from the start.. some set that went for 10months training in the building of the said ship will be in the country this coming weekend and they dont habe hope of employment after been in korea for 10months... the welders that went came back in March n till now no one even welcomed them back when they arrived.. wen we left korea last year same thing happened.. no one welcomed us.. those of is that didnt go back where give 160k.. I was among those that protested when we were in korea be4 they even agreed on the 160k.. some of us sold out becos they promised them that they will return n now they have gone n they are back to square one.. I have moved on from HHI n they are asking me wats the levels.. my broda leave niaja people.. they will make you look like a bad person.. all man for himself God for us...
Re: Hyundai Heavy Industry Intakes (batch 1---6). by emmitex12: 12:05pm On Aug 06, 2015
Did u get dis mail batch 6 trainees
NOTICE FOR 6TH BATCH TRAINEE’S

Dear Trainees,

It is expected of you to understand HHI policies and adhere to them so as to encourage a healthy and good Training session with us. For proper enrollment, we advise that the following listed below be taken very seriously.

Hyundai Welding School presents Welding Skills and knowledge for ship building Industries, Welding type is SMAW 2G & 3G and T-Fillet welding. It’s expected that you take an active part developing a good welding Skill that would help you accomplish your goals

1. Term of 6th batch : 2015 14th September ~ 2015, December 4th (12weeks)

(Trainees should be aware that this is the last Training Session so they all should take this Notice very seriously). And should ensure that they all must be available on the Commencement of 6th Batch Training as dated above.

2. This period may change due to unforeseen situations. In such a case, HHI will inform you in advance.

Also, if by any chance a Trainee is unable to submit their documents on time or doesn’t show any sign of urgency or importance to this Training, such Trainee would be canceled immediately without compromise.

3. Our in-house policy of Allowance and Welfare are;

A. HHI will provide 40,000Naira as allowance to every trainee at the end of every 4 weeks; total 120,000 Naira per Trainee during your training session (Yet we will pay 10,000 Naira on first Friday prior September 18th considering trainees ‘pocket)

B. Basically, HHI pays allowance to Trainees that attend classes. Attendance is very important from the 1st day of Training so no excuse would be accepted for not attending as calculation for payment starts from day 1 of Training and the sum of 2000 NGN would be deducted from a trainee’s allowance that misses classes.

C. HHI will provide lunch for trainees during training session in BVC. (Mon. ~ Fri.)

D. Each Trainee shall arrange an accommodation for him/herself in Bonny including transportation, feeding, school supplies, umbrella, daily necessities, etc. HHI will not provide or involve ourselves in the Accommodation of any Trainee. The only help we can give is providing an agent’s number for Trainee’s to contact themselves and make such arrangements.
E. Daily schedule (From Monday to Friday except Holiday)

Please check up our daily class schedule as below; this schedule may change due to unforeseen situations.
4. All Trainees are expected to submit the following documents listed below to the school’s premises in BVC on or before 31st AUGUST 2015.

A. One ID photo

B. Copy of National ID Card or Driver license or National Identity Number Slip.

C. local Government identification Letter

D. Medical Test Result. ( we need a detailed doctors report from Trainees and also another result sheet that shows the different kind of Test carried out)

E. Any relevant result (WAEC,NECO OR GCE)

F. First Bank statement (for allowance, First bank only)

G. Medical test result (Refer to attached)

A medical check-up is important so we know you are fit health-wise for Training. Trainees should run a General and fitness Test before Training starts. A Recent Medical Reports should also be brought to the Office. (Within 3 month)

Please follow the necessary medical test as below;

General body check-up (refer to items)

A.      Height

B.      Weight

C.      Blood pressure

D.     Blood test

E.      Palpation

F.      Auscultation

Further test, but should be done, too.

A.      Visual acuity test

B.      Audiometry

5.DUE DATE:

(Visit BVC by yourself or Send documents to us through any postal system like UPS, DHL, etc.) In case you are to send document through any postal system, you should inform us of the company name and Tracking number. Also, if you are unable to do any of the above, we advise that you scan all documents and send to our email address with reasons why you were unable to send it yourselves. Be informed that Trainees that don’t send their document to us on or before the deadline will automatically lose their selection for Training with us and this would be done with or without the trainee’s notice on 2nd SEPTEMBER 2015 by 3:00 PM.

6. We will strictly implement our Attendance Policy.

At all times, Trainees are expected to be at the Training ground. Basically, outings from the premises are not allowed. Like we mentioned earlier allowance paid to Trainees is based on attendance so we advise all candidates to settle down personal issues before joining us. We wish that Trainee’s fully concentrate on their training to improve their skill maximally.
8. We make announce clearly that we will not guarantee any job offer after this training course.

Also it would be appreciated if you send email or SMS to us as your acknowledgement of receipt and your understanding of this Notice.

Please note that it is important that Trainees follow our recent updates and not give irrelevant excuses maybe because of the information given to them by friends in previous batches.

Finally, be reminded again that all documents requested for should be sent to our office in bonny for registration of course as soon as possible possibly on or before 31st AUGUST 2015.

Thank you for your attention.

Sincerely

Shin Eunsoo
Re: Hyundai Heavy Industry Intakes (batch 1---6). by onojemma: 12:20pm On Aug 25, 2015
Hello guys,
Please,if you are billed for training in batch 6,kindly indicate with contacts so that we can begin to arrange how we can get to Ph and then to Bonny for training.
I await your responses.
Re: Hyundai Heavy Industry Intakes (batch 1---6). by onojemma: 9:17am On Aug 26, 2015
onojemma:
Hello guys,
Please,if you are billed for training in batch 6,kindly indicate with contacts so that we can begin to arrange how we can get to Ph and then to Bonny for training.
I await your responses.

Is there nobody billed for batch 6 training,let us start planning how to get to Bonny.
Re: Hyundai Heavy Industry Intakes (batch 1---6). by onojemma: 9:29am On Aug 26, 2015
emmitex12:
Hello pals,iam in batch 6,I will like to link up with candidate in batch 6.moreso do anyone have any agent or landlord's number at bonny pls kindly assist me if u have any of this informations.

Hello emmitex12,
Am in batch 6,if you're coming let us talk on on how to travel to Bonny for training,reach me on: 08053337314
Re: Hyundai Heavy Industry Intakes (batch 1---6). by onojemma: 9:50am On Aug 26, 2015
iycosky:
Hey! I am in 6th batch. Can u guy dat av been their give us like the full condition in HHI like house and the amount they pay. My email z henry4iyke@gmail:com

Hi Iycosky,
If you're still coming for batch 6,let us start preparing for training.
Re: Hyundai Heavy Industry Intakes (batch 1---6). by onojemma: 1:08pm On Aug 27, 2015
[quote author=onojemma post=37346228]

Hi Iycosky,
If you're still coming for batch 6,let us start preparing for training.

Hello guys,
Pls someone should kindly direct me on how to get to Bonny island from Porth-harcourt.
If you are for batch 6 HHI training,kindly indicate to enable us put heads together on how we can travel to Bonny for training together.
Re: Hyundai Heavy Industry Intakes (batch 1---6). by onojemma: 2:30pm On Aug 28, 2015
Hello guys,
kindly let us start making arrangement as per our trip to Bonny.
Pls,can someone let me know where i can get a boat to bonny from Porth-harcourt i.e from from part of PH can I get a vehicle from.
Re: Hyundai Heavy Industry Intakes (batch 1---6). by cyprel(m): 4:04pm On Aug 28, 2015
Batch 6
Who is going from Delta?
Re: Hyundai Heavy Industry Intakes (batch 1---6). by cyprel(m): 4:08pm On Aug 28, 2015
onojemma:
Hello guys,
kindly let us start making arrangement as per our trip to Bonny.
Pls,can someone let me know where i can get a boat to bonny from Porth-harcourt i.e from from part of PH can I get a vehicle from.

From ph agofure park waterline that is if you are coming from delta..take a cab from the park I think is 250 to waterside. When u get there walk down to the jetty to board a speed boat or tugboat for 1700 ( about an hour journey on water to bonny)

Cheers
Re: Hyundai Heavy Industry Intakes (batch 1---6). by Souljaboi1: 4:36pm On Aug 28, 2015
cyprel:

From ph agofure park waterline that is if you are coming from delta..take a cab from the park I think is 250 to waterside. When u get there walk down to the jetty to board a speed boat or tugboat for 1700 ( about an hour journey on water to bonny)

Cheers

Good day,

Is Batch 6 the last batch ? I mean, would there be an intake exam for another set of batches or it all ends with this last batch.

Thanks
Re: Hyundai Heavy Industry Intakes (batch 1---6). by cyprel(m): 11:21am On Sep 01, 2015
Batch 6 peeps

For accommodation, contact this agent

Re: Hyundai Heavy Industry Intakes (batch 1---6). by onojemma: 2:52pm On Sep 03, 2015
Souljaboi1:

Good day,

Is Batch 6 the last batch ? I mean, would there be an intake exam for another set of batches or it all ends with this last batch.

Thanks

Yes,last batch.
Re: Hyundai Heavy Industry Intakes (batch 1---6). by onojemma: 2:54pm On Sep 03, 2015
cyprel:
Batch 6 peeps

For accommodation, contact this agent

How much?
Re: Hyundai Heavy Industry Intakes (batch 1---6). by onojemma: 7:18am On Sep 04, 2015
onojemma:

How much?

How much?
Re: Hyundai Heavy Industry Intakes (batch 1---6). by cyprel(m): 11:33am On Sep 05, 2015
agent fee : 2k
accommodation fee: 20k per person
total: 22k
number of person per room: 3
bed available
Re: Hyundai Heavy Industry Intakes (batch 1---6). by cyprel(m): 11:36am On Sep 05, 2015
[quote author=onojemma post=37652716]
How much? [/quote
do u have accommodation already?
Re: Hyundai Heavy Industry Intakes (batch 1---6). by onojemma: 12:59pm On Sep 05, 2015
cyprel:
agent fee : 2k

accommodation fee: 20k per person

total: 22k

number of person per room: 3

bed available

is it 22k per person for how long,kindly clarify?

Oga,this your quotation is on the high side.Reduce price.
Re: Hyundai Heavy Industry Intakes (batch 1---6). by onojemma: 2:00pm On Sep 06, 2015
onojemma:

is it 22k per person for how long,kindly clarify?

Oga,this your quotation is on the high side.Reduce price.

Hi Cyprel,

I await your kind response.
Re: Hyundai Heavy Industry Intakes (batch 1---6). by cyprel(m): 8:56pm On Sep 07, 2015
3 month
am also a trainee like u o

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

A Company Didn't Accept My Resignation / Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates / Gtbank Sacked 142 Staff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.