Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,635 members, 7,801,833 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:16 AM

Youth, Agriculture And Rural Settings - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Youth, Agriculture And Rural Settings (8452 Views)

Start Agriculture And Export Business , Get Your Soft Copy For Free!!! / New NYSC Posting Policy: Rural, Education, Agriculture Only / Jobs At National Programme For Agriculture And Food Security (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Youth, Agriculture And Rural Settings by Ademat7(m): 11:19am On Sep 07, 2014
People don't want to go to village due to spiritual hisshhh but I think we can go to an alien land where one is not known as did by graet farmers in the bible Abraham,isaac,Jacob e.t.c Joseph was able to perform agro-preservation cos it was an alien land
Re: Youth, Agriculture And Rural Settings by baba11(m): 11:39am On Sep 07, 2014
jethro2:
Governments in Nigeria is not functioning. We can't keep waiting for empty promises. Start small from your angle.
Yea bro
Re: Youth, Agriculture And Rural Settings by 100Cents: 12:36pm On Sep 07, 2014
I have not been successful with animal farming.

Dunno why.

I bought male and female goat in 2012 and the male was always making noise. The male goat never mated with the female. I killed the noisome male. The female is still there.

I asked one silly girl to help me buy local breed of male and female chicken for agric, she went and bought only a Cork, no hen. I asked her why, she said she will sell me one of her mature hens..

Now the Cork has run away, no hen yet. Smh. If she brings the hen, I will just eat it.

Nah only plantain and banana I get for backyard be the only farming I don do. Yet I love farming.

4 Likes

Re: Youth, Agriculture And Rural Settings by jethro2: 12:56pm On Sep 07, 2014
100Cents: I have not been successful with animal farming.
Dunno why.
I bought male and female goat in 2012 and the male was always making noise. The male goat never mated with the female. I killed the noisome male. The female is still there.
I asked one silly girl to help me buy local breed of male and female chicken for agric, she went and bought only a Cork, no hen. I asked her why, she said she will sell me one of her mature hens..
Now the Cork has run away, no hen yet. Smh. If she brings the hen, I will just eat it.
Nah only plantain and banana I get for backyard be the only farming I don do. Yet I love farming.
lol
I understand what you have been through because i have been there. Please take time to study any part of agriculture you might want to invest in. We learn with our mistakes. If you really want to enjoy animal farming, you need to put a lot of things in place. Faeming needs passion, determination and dedication.
Re: Youth, Agriculture And Rural Settings by respectment(m): 1:01pm On Sep 07, 2014
Please someone should help me with the true meaning and objectives of Cooperative societies. Also I would like to know more about the formation and requirements for forming a cooperative societies. Respectment@yahoo.com
Re: Youth, Agriculture And Rural Settings by moredolu(m): 1:25pm On Sep 07, 2014
Really agriculture would have a been a better option for the youths of this nation but there should be a sound knowledge about it. I once farmed while I was doing my youth service and I really had the intention to continue on that line, but we all the community havested the same time and our produces were perishable goods, there was no storage facility and majority of us couldn't store for a long period so I was left with no option but to sell them. I made little or no gain after much labour I was discourged after my service year and had to return back to city and searched for a white collar job.
Please don't get me wrong, agriculture goes beyond farming.

2 Likes

Re: Youth, Agriculture And Rural Settings by jethro2: 1:28pm On Sep 07, 2014
respectment: Please someone should help me with the true meaning and objectives of Cooperative societies. Also I would like to know more about the formation and requirements for forming a cooperative societies. Respectment@yahoo.com
Cooperatives formed from cooperation means an association of 10 or more people that have similar goals. They contribute their resources, ideas, to pursue a common interest that will benefit all
Re: Youth, Agriculture And Rural Settings by dellaziz(m): 2:01pm On Sep 07, 2014
Please anybidy has a clue how much tractors cost..I I saw on john deree site . .15-10 mills...can 1 find cheaper Dan 5milla

Thanks in advance
Re: Youth, Agriculture And Rural Settings by Nobody: 2:36pm On Sep 07, 2014
bamdexfarms: @ nchewi, grow up. Don't insult anybody here because of your incapability. Ok?
no! You should grow up and be realistic!!
Re: Youth, Agriculture And Rural Settings by Nobody: 2:41pm On Sep 07, 2014
yemmit90:

Childish comment!

@op, nice write up I must say.
What do u know about agriculture and farming? Have u reared a bird before or owned a farm? If I slap u, u'll somersault.
Re: Youth, Agriculture And Rural Settings by Misterpaul(m): 8:08pm On Sep 07, 2014
I think a lot of youths are actually interested in agriculture, but the problem is that most don't have any idea and access to good and reliable information on how or where to even start from.
When you go on the internet to source for information on agriculture, all you'll see is some useless people asking you to buy one nonsense Ebook or attend seminars where they will ask you to buy materials.
Re: Youth, Agriculture And Rural Settings by jethro2: 10:00pm On Sep 07, 2014
Misterpaul: I think a lot of youths are actually interested in agriculture, but the problem is that most don't have any idea and access to good and reliable information on how or where to even start from.
When you go on the internet to source for information on agriculture, all you'll is some useless people asking you to buy one nonsense Ebook or attend seminars where they will ask you to buy materials.
You are right. But one has to keep searching and looking for information until you get the right source. Most of the Ebooks and internet information are quite misleading. They are extremely different from the practical aspect. Seek for real farmers that are in the field. the internet information could serve as a guide though
Re: Youth, Agriculture And Rural Settings by samseen02(m): 11:45pm On Sep 07, 2014
Read this article on how to get easy access to NACRDB loan scheme... http://www.wealthmeans..com.es/2013/06/applying-for-nigerian-agricultural.html
Re: Youth, Agriculture And Rural Settings by HIGHHILLMORINGA: 1:22am On Sep 08, 2014
carzim: good write-up but do you have any idea about plantain farming
i can help you
Re: Youth, Agriculture And Rural Settings by boluwajokosegun: 3:28am On Sep 08, 2014
for drying raw agriculture produce the machine
that can dry 4 to 5 tons using charcoal of just
N200, it does not use direct heat ...N360k
it can dry vegetables, tubers, Plantain, fish,
chicken, Grasscuter, maize, etc
Call Gbenga: 08136650972
( Modify ) ( Quote ) ( Report ) ( Share )
Re: Youth, Agriculture And Rural Settings by FarmTech(m): 8:15am On Sep 08, 2014

Dunno why.

You're funny oo. But don't give up yet. B4 u embark on any agro biz, do your research well b4 u start, and talk with some farmers around u. Mating can only be successful if u feed the animals well. The temperature also have to be right. You also have to deworm. There are other things u hav to do. That's why u need to do proper research. See it as a serious bizness, not as what women do in the villages.
Re: Youth, Agriculture And Rural Settings by FarmTech(m): 8:18am On Sep 08, 2014
moredolu: Really agriculture would have a been a better option for the youths of this nation but there should be a sound knowledge about it. I once farmed while I was doing my youth service and I really had the intention to continue on that line, but we all the community havested the same time and our produces were perishable goods, there was no storage facility and majority of us couldn't store for a long period so I was left with no option but to sell them. I made little or no gain after much labour I was discourged after my service year and had to return back to city and searched for a white collar job.
Please don't get me wrong, agriculture goes beyond farming.
You have to plan a marketing strategy even before harvest. Value addition will give you much more money.
Re: Youth, Agriculture And Rural Settings by olumbest(m): 10:49am On Sep 08, 2014
dellaziz: Please anybidy has a clue how much tractors cost..I I saw on john deree site . .15-10 mills...can 1 find cheaper Dan 5milla

Thanks in advance
john deere n kubota r costly, though they last longer plus high cost of maintenance.
Go for mahindra & mahindra tractors. dependin on wich u want (single traction or double) u can run into a 3mil tractor.
i will try sendin u a nigerian firm's contact for m & m.

1 Like

Re: Youth, Agriculture And Rural Settings by olumbest(m): 10:57am On Sep 08, 2014
jethro2:
You are right. But one has to keep searching and looking for information until you get the right source. Most of the Ebooks and internet information are quite misleading. They are extremely different from the practical aspect. Seek for real farmers that are in the field. the internet information could serve as a guide though
u guyz r not using d right source (i'm n agric eng'g) n av been workin on food farming.
some agric sites r:
fao.org
cigr.org
http://www.netregs.org.uk/library_of_topics/useful_links/agriculture_links.aspx
http://businessinnovationfacility.org/m/group/discussions?groupId=5132225%3AGroup%3A29623

1 Like

Re: Youth, Agriculture And Rural Settings by jethro2: 7:39am On Sep 09, 2014
The meeting of the entrepreneurs will be holding on Sat 13th September 2014 at Bola Ajibola Street opposite Egba Comprehensive high school Abeokuta Ogun State. Time 10am. Invite your friends
Re: Youth, Agriculture And Rural Settings by topetobi(m): 12:43pm On Sep 09, 2014
One aspect of agriculture dat is not too detailed is d marketing aspect, I believe to a large extent dat agriculture is a gud venture to invest in without much loss(if there would b) but wen u don't know where to sell to,then one is kept in between, soybeans is abundant where I'm presently, infact I have a small soybeans farm but where to sell it to, to make gud money is d problem cos it's in abundance here to make reasonable profit
Re: Youth, Agriculture And Rural Settings by FarmTech(m): 1:04pm On Sep 09, 2014
topetobi: One aspect of agriculture dat is not too detailed is d marketing aspect, I believe to a large extent dat agriculture is a gud venture to invest in without much loss(if there would b) but wen u don't know where to sell to,then one is kept in between, soybeans is abundant where I'm presently, infact I have a small soybeans farm but where to sell it to, to make gud money is d problem cos it's in abundance here to make reasonable profit
how can i modify other people's posts? What's wrong with NL?
where do u have the soybean farm?

1 Like

Re: Youth, Agriculture And Rural Settings by jethro2: 11:58pm On Sep 11, 2014
3rd EU Nigerian Business forum will be coming up on the 22nd to 23rd of September 2014. please visit www.eunbf.eu to register
Re: Youth, Agriculture And Rural Settings by jethro2: 12:38am On Sep 12, 2014
For more information, visit our facebook page on www.facebook.com/entrepreneuryouthmultipurposcooperative. Thank you
Re: Youth, Agriculture And Rural Settings by jethro2: 10:05pm On Sep 12, 2014
Entrepreneur Youth Cooperative Multipurpose Society meeting will be holding tomorrow at Abeokuta. Venue Block J Plot 9 Bola Ajibola Street opposite Egba Comprehensive High School Asero. Time 10am. www.facebook.com/entrepreneuryouthmultipurposecooperative.
Re: Youth, Agriculture And Rural Settings by yemmit90: 5:40am On Sep 13, 2014

Dunno why.

What a funny dude!

100cents, is this what you called animal farming?
Re: Youth, Agriculture And Rural Settings by waka2: 11:20pm On Sep 17, 2014
topetobi: One aspect of agriculture dat is not too detailed is d marketing aspect, I believe to a large extent dat agriculture is a gud venture to invest in without much loss(if there would b) but wen u don't know where to sell to,then one is kept in between, soybeans is abundant where I'm presently, infact I have a small soybeans farm but where to sell it to, to make gud money is d problem cos it's in abundance here to make reasonable profit
Re: Youth, Agriculture And Rural Settings by jethro2: 6:53pm On Sep 18, 2014
Market has been a major issues with farmers. The agents claim to know the market but would want to reap the farmer off. I think its time farmer have a marketing associations that link directly to market. The so called company also offer ridiculous prices leaving farmers at their mercy. Farmers Marketing group solely owns by farmers will make a big difference
Re: Youth, Agriculture And Rural Settings by jethro2: 8:04am On Oct 04, 2014
Happy Eid mubarak to our brothers and sisters. May all our dreams and aspirations be fulfilled
Re: Youth, Agriculture And Rural Settings by jethro2: 8:34am On Nov 04, 2014
Re: Youth, Agriculture And Rural Settings by Bishiie(m): 12:48pm On Nov 04, 2014
Are you a poultry farmer, do you have cockerel that are not too mature for sale? Plz info asap call or text 07066440658.
Re: Youth, Agriculture And Rural Settings by jethro2: 10:32pm On Nov 12, 2014
For more information, visit our facebook page on www.facebook.com/entrepreneuryouthmultipurposcooperative. Thank you

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Where To Source For Shea Butter In Bulk / Treated Hybrid Tenera Oil Palm Seeds And Seedlings For Sale / Dangote To Invest $450m In Agric In Niger State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.