Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,138 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:57 AM

What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names - Culture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names (16841 Views)

Igbos In Spain Attend Their Village Meeting In Native Attires (Photo) / Nigerian Native Names And Their Meanings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names by Nobody: 12:04pm On Jul 03, 2014
Ifeanyichukwu - with God, all things r possible

1 Like

Re: What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names by yuscopefly(m): 12:15pm On Jul 03, 2014
Lorlaahlozz: Yh...aduke
erm, so could you pls gimme d meaning Ashabi/Abeke
Re: What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names by Lorlaahlozz: 12:22pm On Jul 03, 2014
yuscopefly: erm, so could you pls gimme d meaning Ashabi/Abeke
Abeke...beg to pet..I guess
Re: What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names by fairheven: 12:24pm On Jul 03, 2014
sweetBummsy: OLUWABUNMILOMORERE.. God blessed me wit a gud child. Vry sweet sweet name #blushn
Wait a Minute,why do 90% of Yoruba names always start with either "A" or "O"?
Re: What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names by kinguwem: 12:28pm On Jul 03, 2014
In efik/ibibio language:
Uwemedimo means life is wealth;
Edet means a child born on Aqua Ederi (Sunday).
Re: What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names by Lanceslot(m): 12:30pm On Jul 03, 2014
Please somebody should translate OLA'NI'YI to Igbo and Yoruba for me.
Re: What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names by IamDejman(m): 12:31pm On Jul 03, 2014
Joy has come again (My joy is multiplied by 2)
Re: What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names by sweetBummsy(f): 12:46pm On Jul 03, 2014
fairheven:
Wait. Minute,why do 90% of Yoruba names always start with either "A" or "O"?
eehm.. Maybe its d names uve cme across. Der r plenty yoruba names wich didn't strt wit an A or O. Contact me Personaly so I can tel u those names..hehehe
Re: What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jul 03, 2014
boombay: MORENIKE /MORENIKEJI. grin
bidexolumanish: MORENIKE in yoruba
SHUSH grin
Re: What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names by yuscopefly(m): 12:49pm On Jul 03, 2014
Lorlaahlozz: Abeke...beg to pet..I guess
yeap you guess right..followin u on twitter nice name...pls do ff bk
Re: What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names by STENON(f): 12:53pm On Jul 03, 2014
[quote
author=funshyboi] the prefix 'Ade' means you are frm a royal
family,which now means royal family has seen something to nurture or
pamper (Aderonke) [/quote] Wow...exactly!!...I'm frm a Royal Family...Tnx, N I really Appreciate that.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names by LogoDWhiz(m): 1:02pm On Jul 03, 2014
Lorlaahlozz: Yh...aduke

Aduke ain't sweet to pet..
Aduke is like joint petting.. Two or more people.
Re: What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names by Lorlaahlozz: 1:04pm On Jul 03, 2014
LogoDWhiz:

Aduke ain't sweet to pet..
Aduke is like joint petting.. Two or more people.
Naa..it means hustle to pet
Re: What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names by newacca: 1:04pm On Jul 03, 2014
Olanrewaju: The greatness continues!

Akin l'oju ogun,eru obodo,eniti yio w'odo leru nba : The brave at the war front; river doesn't shiver,it's the swimmer that does. cheesy

Origin: Yoruba, South West, Nigeria.
Re: What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names by LogoDWhiz(m): 1:05pm On Jul 03, 2014
To God be all d glory.
Anyone who can translate it well in Yoruba?
Re: What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names by LogoDWhiz(m): 1:05pm On Jul 03, 2014
Lorlaahlozz: Naa..it means hustle to pet

Yeah.. You're right...
Re: What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names by Tundenoni(m): 1:18pm On Jul 03, 2014
"OLUWALEKE" somebody should please help me out!
Re: What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names by Ekiseme(m): 1:20pm On Jul 03, 2014
My name is chigbogu roughly translated as GOD seperate fight

But my papa say the meaning na GOD's Intervention cool
Re: What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names by Ekiseme(m): 1:23pm On Jul 03, 2014
Tundenoni: "OLUWALEKE" somebody should please help me out!
OLUWA-GOD
LEKE- DEY SHARE undecided
Re: What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names by babatawa(m): 1:42pm On Jul 03, 2014
names ajagbe grin
whos qon help with the meanin
Re: What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jul 03, 2014
Mine means "Father's wealth " or "Wealth of the Father". embarassed wink smiley wink cheesy kiss
Re: What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names by aminaeke: 1:51pm On Jul 03, 2014
Gift from God
Re: What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names by okeoghene4real(f): 1:54pm On Jul 03, 2014
Mine is OKEOGHENE meaning God's gift
Re: What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names by liftedme(m): 2:11pm On Jul 03, 2014
Please let someone help me with the meaning of this Igbo Name: ALU

Alu is a name borne by people from Ebonyi and some parts of Abia state. I really need to know the meaning from anyone from there.

Thank you
Re: What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names by manny4life(m): 2:23pm On Jul 03, 2014
liftedme:
Please let someone help me with the meaning of this Igbo Name: ALU

Alu is a name borne by people from Ebonyi and some parts of Abia state. I really need to know the meaning from anyone from there.

Thank you

ALU in Igbo, at least for us... it is Abomination.
Re: What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names by ronnyfam(f): 2:54pm On Jul 03, 2014
STENON: alryt, Tnx so much, Althou I sabi "the crown has...".......bt dnt knw the interpretation for that "Ronke"

You have something to cherish, love,care for
Usually start with Ade, ibi, ola or Moronke
Re: What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names by fairheven: 2:58pm On Jul 03, 2014
sweetBummsy: eehm.. Maybe its d names uve cme across. Der r plenty yoruba names wich didn't strt wit an A or O. Contact me Personaly so I can tel u those names..hehehe

Hardly any.oya example...I dare u wink cheesy,,if u convince me ,..
Re: What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names by TrYcIa1(f): 3:01pm On Jul 03, 2014
Nobleval: lol...badt gurl.
Innocent me tongue Am a gud gal jor
Re: What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names by rotsey: 3:06pm On Jul 03, 2014
[quote author=Xtarxhyne] Odunto
Adunke
Re: What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names by geebee0985: 3:09pm On Jul 03, 2014
Mine aint common, its "OLUWAGBEMINIYI". Meaning "God has given me Honour"
Re: What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names by rotsey: 3:11pm On Jul 03, 2014
[quote author=stinggy]
Anike/Arike i guess

[b]Mine is 'my lord has come'
Oluwamide
Re: What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names by fairheven: 3:13pm On Jul 03, 2014
Ekiseme: My name is chigbogu roughly translated as GOD seperate fight

But my papa say the meaning na GOD's Intervention cool
Either way u are both rigth;a fight that can not be seperated wuld need God's intervention grin grin cheesy.bt seriously,your interpretation is the "literal" meaning,while ur Dad's interpretation is the "figurative" meaning : cool

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ijebu:A Muse On A Multi Dimensional Yoruba Specie / Why Most Akwa Ibom Ladies Seem To Succeed In The "Marriage Market" / Esan People Are Not Igbo!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.