Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,557 members, 7,809,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:25 PM

What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names - Culture (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names (16839 Views)

Igbos In Spain Attend Their Village Meeting In Native Attires (Photo) / Nigerian Native Names And Their Meanings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names by fairheven: 3:20pm On Jul 03, 2014
Lanceslot: Please somebody should translate OLA'NI'YI to Igbo and Yoruba for me.
Wat a waste!!! undecided lipsrsealed
Re: What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names by Sezua(m): 3:24pm On Jul 03, 2014
sezua-God gives wealth.
Re: What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jul 03, 2014
There's a lot of God in these names smiley

My name is a bit shallow in comparison. It means pristine, flawless in my native language.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names by nigerfine: 4:03pm On Jul 03, 2014
Whaoooooo for the headline. Definition of a name...? My name can be defined as ......
Re: What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names by fairheven: 4:11pm On Jul 03, 2014
nigerfine: Whaoooooo for the headline. Definition of a name...? My name can be defined as ......
Say it...ihave got my dictionary with me grin
Re: What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names by STENON(f): 4:13pm On Jul 03, 2014
ronnyfam:

You have something to cherish, love,care for
Usually start with Ade, ibi, ola or Moronke
Owkay, Tnx for that
Re: What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names by fairheven: 4:14pm On Jul 03, 2014
@SWEETBUMMBSY:am waiting!!!
Re: What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names by rane06(f): 4:16pm On Jul 03, 2014
Mine is Ojorane. God is perfect
Re: What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names by stinggy(m): 4:23pm On Jul 03, 2014
rotsey: Oluwamide

Coined Olumide cool
Re: What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names by egesie(m): 4:56pm On Jul 03, 2014
mine is "God resides with me"
Re: What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names by Lbotusme: 5:06pm On Jul 03, 2014
Honeric01.. Its Noredia. Hope iam right? grin
Re: What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names by scampy(m): 5:54pm On Jul 03, 2014
Mine is - My GOD is thinking for me in Igbo
Re: What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names by honeric01(m): 6:35pm On Jul 03, 2014
Lbotusme: Honeric01.. Its Noredia. Hope iam right? grin

Somewhat hehehe
Re: What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names by Haderoncare(f): 6:52pm On Jul 03, 2014
It means crown get something worth to care for. My dad cherish it like...
STENON: Pls who can Interprete this for me?........"Aderonke".....

And btw....No insult Pls
Re: What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names by marvie234: 7:13pm On Jul 03, 2014
Mine means riches, wealth...
Re: What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names by simiolu1(m): 7:30pm On Jul 03, 2014
fairheven:

Hardly any.oya example...I dare u wink cheesy,,if u convince me ,mek u bath naked! cheesy
My name is Similoluwa... Doesn't start with an A or O.
Mayowa, Damilare, Kola, Ponmile, Jesutowo etc don't start with an A or O
Oya, bath naked... Pictures or ...
Re: What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jul 03, 2014
The meaning of my native name"Aisosa" means "No1 can be above God"
Re: What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names by STENON(f): 8:00pm On Jul 03, 2014
Haderoncare: It means crown get something worth to care for. My dad cherish it like...
Tnx, Wow!!.....Nice meeting you my Namesake......Haderoncare indeed....
Re: What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names by dejt4u(m): 8:15pm On Jul 03, 2014
Mine is..
'Oluwaseun' in yoruba(original)
'Deo gratias' in spanish nd Latin,
'Thanks be to God' in English,
'Ekene' in Igbo
Re: What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names by Dhanew: 8:28pm On Jul 03, 2014
dejt4u: Mine is..
'Oluwaseun' in yoruba(original)
'Deo gratias' in spanish nd Latin,
'Thanks be to God' in English,
'Ekene' in Igbo

either 'ekenedilichukwu' - thanks be to God
or 'chukwudalu' - God thank you
Re: What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names by Dhanew: 8:29pm On Jul 03, 2014
scampy: Mine is - My GOD is thinking for me in Igbo
chinecherem
Re: What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names by Lbotusme: 8:59pm On Jul 03, 2014
honeric01:

Somewhat hehehe
Hmm, I give up!
Oya talk it. grin
Re: What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names by dejt4u(m): 9:11pm On Jul 03, 2014
Dhanew:
either 'ekenedilichukwu' - thanks be to God
or 'chukwudalu' - God thank you
thanks man
Re: What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names by scampy(m): 10:16pm On Jul 03, 2014
Dhanew: chinecherem
. U are so ryt.
Re: What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names by fairheven: 10:35pm On Jul 03, 2014
simi_olu1:
My name is Similoluwa... Doesn't start with an A or O.
Mayowa, Damilare, Kola, Ponmile, Jesutowo etc don't start with an A or O
Oya, bath naked... Pictures or ...
Comon on! Those names virtually all have a prefix "O" or "A"like olumayowa,oluwadamilare...urs has got a suffix "O",so am right wen I said 90%. : cool
Oya,ur turn to bath naked cheesy grin
Re: What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names by simiolu1(m): 10:44pm On Jul 03, 2014
fairheven:
Comon on! Those names virtually all have a prefix "O" or "A"like olumayowa,oluwadamilare...urs has got a suffix "O",so am right wen I said 90%. : cool
Simi could also have the suffix "sola" to make Simisola.
The suffix or prefix thing is a matter of choice. My bro uses his Mayowa without any prefix. D tin sef no get prefix on top him birth cert.
A and O are very common to Yoruba names but I'm sure they don't make up 90% of it.
Re: What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names by fairheven: 11:03pm On Jul 03, 2014
simi_olu1:
The suffix or prefix thing is a matter of choice. My bro uses his Mayowa without any prefix. D tin sef no get prefix on top him birth cert.
A and O are very common to Yoruba names but I'm sure they don't make up 90% of it.
No.is not a mata of choice,in the final analysis,it make more meaning wen completed,...just agree that I won u,I know wt u r afread of,don't worry u won't bath naked
Re: What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names by simiolu1(m): 11:10pm On Jul 03, 2014
fairheven:
No.is not a mata of choice,in the final analysis,it make more meaning wen completed,...just agree that I won u,I know wt u r afread of,don't worry u won't bath naked
Chai... This man wan see my epi.
I have a list of Tribal names in Nigeria and their meaning. Wen I get my hands on it, I'll def post it and quote U
Re: What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names by fairheven: 11:15pm On Jul 03, 2014
simi_olu1:
Na lie.it matas.mek ur bros no do branding wit him name,just agree that I won,I no wt u r afread of...don't wiry u won't bath naked,the lord is ur covering! grin :
Re: What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names by Nobody: 12:10am On Jul 04, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:
My name is a bit shallow in comparison. It means pristine, flawless in my native language.

smiley cheesy
Re: What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names by Nobody: 1:19am On Jul 04, 2014
RedClay:

smiley cheesy

What does your name mean? smiley
Re: What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names by eby001(m): 1:48am On Jul 04, 2014
omg! no one mention mine even its popularity as a name in SW
OLAWALE> wealth/dignity reach my home.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ijebu:A Muse On A Multi Dimensional Yoruba Specie / Why Most Akwa Ibom Ladies Seem To Succeed In The "Marriage Market" / Esan People Are Not Igbo!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.