Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,714 members, 7,802,160 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:07 AM

Confab: Compensate My People, Bakassi, Ita-Giwa Begs FG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Confab: Compensate My People, Bakassi, Ita-Giwa Begs FG (802 Views)

Senator Ita-giwa At Adaeze Yobo's Birthday Party / Ita-Giwa: What Jonathan Told Me After He Conceded To Buhari / Please Release My Husband- Dasuki's Wife Begs FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Confab: Compensate My People, Bakassi, Ita-Giwa Begs FG by lalasticlala(m): 1:01am On Jun 29, 2014
Senator Florence Ita Giwa, a delegate at the ongoing National Conference and Chairman, Conference Committee on the Environment, has pleaded with the Federal Government to compensate her people.

Ita-Giwa while contributing to the report of the Committee on Foreign Policy and Diaspora Matters, said the ceding arrangement which was ordered by the International Court of Justice in the Hague and carried out by Ex-President Olusegun Obasanjo’s administration was just to show to the world that two countries could settle a dispute without necessarily losing blood or staying perpetually in court.

According to Ita-Giwa, it would have been a misplaced priority if the issue of ceding Bakassi to Cameroun led to war between both countries, adding that all the people needed to be placated was better settlement through compensation.

She appealed to other stakeholders to prevail on the Federal Government to adequately compensate the people of Bakassi even though they have been relocated.

Commenting on the Green Tree Agreement, she said that Nigeria after the end of the military intervention, subjected herself to that jurisdiction in the Hague.“Nigeria was obliged to abide by that ruling as we were told that by being obliged to that ruling, we used Bakassi as a litmus test to show to the world that two countries can settle a dispute without loss of blood and without starting forever in court,” she said.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/06/confab-compensate-people-bakassiita-giwa-begs-fg/

Re: Confab: Compensate My People, Bakassi, Ita-Giwa Begs FG by hugelyendowed: 1:17am On Jun 29, 2014
This woman no wan old.

maybe na d suger boys like Chidi Mokeme and Uti that help refresh her.

Sexy Mama.

1 Like

Re: Confab: Compensate My People, Bakassi, Ita-Giwa Begs FG by eagleu: 1:51am On Jun 29, 2014
hugelyendowed: This woman no wan old.

maybe na d suger boys like Chidi Mokeme and Uti that help refresh her.

Sexy Mama.

Unfortunately, you never hear the song: 'Ike nwanyi Calabar mepe mechie'
Re: Confab: Compensate My People, Bakassi, Ita-Giwa Begs FG by hugelyendowed: 8:28am On Jun 29, 2014
eagleu:

Unfortunately, you never hear the song: 'Ike nwanyi Calabar mepe mechie'

lol

I never hear ooo

1 Like

Re: Confab: Compensate My People, Bakassi, Ita-Giwa Begs FG by lmm4real: 12:15pm On Jun 29, 2014
what is she still doing in the national conference I thought she is now a Cameroonian and no longer Nigerian.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News: Senate Confirms Osita Chidoka’s Ministerial Appointment -myemag / Still On Sen Enang’s Lie Wit Stats: Northerner's Do Not Lord The Oil Fields. / Yoruba Will Smile After The Confab. -- Sekoni.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.