Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,291 members, 7,807,986 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:32 AM

The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" - Properties (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" (64992 Views)

The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" / The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats / The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by FastShipping: 12:02am On Oct 24, 2014
Empiree:
There you go. I remember seeing spyder uploaded it, too. My mind has been there since. Not sure which to choose btw Metcoppo and SHINGLE but Step Titles is out of my way.
Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by mufutau55(m): 12:22am On Oct 24, 2014
FastShipping:

I just don't see anything special about shingles and sand coated materials.
For me, it is either metcoppo (0.55mm) or long span (0.70mm).

Thanks for the price quoted before... But please do you know the price for the Long span 0.55m and the .70mm?

I love the Metcoppo too and also the step-tiles but my concern as discussed with Spyder is the the joints where they are folded..
on the long run, that is where the leaks will start... because of the bendings.. (I hope you guys understands what I meant).

Hajji M.
Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by Empiree: 12:44am On Oct 24, 2014
mufutau55:

Thanks for the price quoted before... But please do you know the price for the Long span 0.55m and the .70mm?

I love the Metcoppo too and also the step-tiles but my concern as discussed with Spyder is the the joints where they are folded..
on the long run, that is where the leaks will start... because of the bendings.. (I hope you guys understands what I meant).

Hajji M.
Are you talking about Metcoppo?. It doesnt look 'foldable' to me in this picture above.
Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by mufutau55(m): 1:03am On Oct 24, 2014
Empiree:
Are you talking about Metcoppo?. It doesnt look 'foldable' to me in this picture above.

Both Metcoppo and Step-Tiles. When I mean folded, I mean where the machine made the design and bent the aluminum sheet inside and out.
Got it? Look at the photo below... see those angles pushed in like lines, that is where I am talking about.

Hajji M.

Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by FastShipping: 1:40am On Oct 24, 2014
mufutau55:

Hajji M.

0.55mm Long Span from Tower - 1,350 naira
0.70mm Long Span from Tower - 1,600 naira

0.55mm Long Span from First Aluminium is 1,300 naira
0.70mm Long Span from First Aluminium is 1,530

You can call Mr. Jimmy at Tower - 08023693985

You can call Mr. Kunle Ibidapo at First Aluminium - 08075001262.

I finally got a website where prices of building materials are displayed in Nigeria: http://procureconsult.com/index.php/

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by mufutau55(m): 1:44am On Oct 24, 2014
FastShipping:

0.55mm Long Span from Tower - 1,350 naira
0.70mm Long Span from Tower - 1,600 naira

0.55mm Long Span from First Aluminium is 1,300 naira
0.70mm Long Span from First Aluminium is 1,530

You can call Mr. Jimmy at Tower - 08023693985

You can call Mr. Kunle Ibidapo at First Aluminium - 08075001262.

I finally got a website where prices on building materials are displayed in Nigeria: http://procureconsult.com/index.php/

FastShipping, you are the best. Thank you very much for all the info.

But why will someone want to use 0.70mm aluminum, is this to withstand bomb? And only Atomic Bird can peck that too... smiley

Hajji Mufutau
Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by Empiree: 1:50am On Oct 24, 2014
mufutau55:

Both Metcoppo and Step-Tiles. When I mean folded, I mean where the machine made the design and bent the aluminum sheet inside and out.
Got it? Look at the photo below... see those angles pushed in like lines, that is where I am talking about.

Hajji M.
Nice observation though. But at some point, all or most of these roof materials are joined. Even shingles and Asbestos. My concern about Shingle is it may be easily punctured unlike Metcoppo and Step-Tiles. Of all these roofing materials which one do you desire considering positives and negatives?.
Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by FastShipping: 1:51am On Oct 24, 2014
mufutau55:

FastShipping, you are the best. Thank you very much for all the info.

But why will someone want to use 0.70mm aluminum, is this to withstand bomb? And only Atomic Bird can peck that too... smiley

Hajji Mufutau

0.70mm is a lot thicker and better. It lasts longer as well. I was going for 0.70mm Long Span before people advised me against it. Many people said 0.70mm is unnecessary and I agree with them.

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by Estatemanager(m): 1:52am On Oct 24, 2014
Wow...it as really been an adventure going through the trend of this construction..kudus Mr spyder
Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by mufutau55(m): 2:28am On Oct 24, 2014
FastShipping:

0.70mm is a lot thicker and better. It lasts longer as well. I was going for 0.70mm Long Span before people advised me against it. Many people said 0.70mm is unnecessary and I agree with them.

Exactly my point, unnecessary spending.. All my projects uses 0.55mm Long span sheets. Unless all birds, pigeons and even rain in Nigeria is made of war-head materials, I think I am safe for many years.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by mufutau55(m): 2:31am On Oct 24, 2014
Empiree:
Nice observation though. But at some point, all or most of these roof materials are joined. Even shingles and Asbestos. My concern about Shingle is it may be easily punctured unlike Metcoppo and Step-Tiles. Of all these roofing materials which one do you desire considering positives and negatives?.

NO. I think the shingels are stronger.. if you look at the Wintech Spyder installed.. they are made of more stronger iron sheets and stone coated, meanwhile the aluminum are not. Of all the roofing materials, I heard it's the best... The stone coated sheets. I may be wrong though.
May be we need a little bit more lecture on this from Oga Spyder or other pros in the house.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by FastShipping: 2:45am On Oct 24, 2014
mufutau55:

NO. I think the shingels are stronger.. if you look at the Wintech Spyder installed.. they are made of more stronger iron sheets and coated, meanwhile the aluminum are not. Of all the roofing materials, I heard it's the best... The stone coated sheets. I may be wrong though.
May be we need a little bit more lecture on this from Oga Spyder or other pros in the house.

Hajji M.

I have been told to stay away from those stone coated roofing sheets because the sand always washing away after five years. I have heard from my roofing guy that they are overrated. As a matter of fact, they are too expensive and consume twice amount of wood regular long span takes. I don't like it anyway.
Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by mufutau55(m): 3:27am On Oct 24, 2014
FastShipping:

I have been told to stay away from those stone coated roofing sheets because the sand always washing away after five years. I have heard from my roofing guy that they are overrated. As a matter of fact, they are too expensive and consume twice amount of wood regular long span takes. I don't like it anyway.

Yes. I cam understand the consumption of woods... But I did not know that those stones washes away after sometimes. I will also stay away from them then. We are all here to learn. I have always use the Long Span anyway... but I like that Metcoppo too after I swa it installed by Spyder.
Thank you for passing the education... You also have private email with our earlier discussion.. Thanks.

Hajji M.
Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by spyder880(m): 7:21am On Oct 24, 2014
@ Hajji Mufutau, FastShipping, Empiree, wow, I really enjoyed yoir contributions but just to point out something. The picture shown of black metcopo sheets seems to me to be a foreign product. The texture of the sheet and print which looks like a matted design is consistent with the types we call "foreign embossment" usually cheaper than the local First aluminum or Tower brands.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by Empiree: 7:33am On Oct 24, 2014
spyder880:
@ Hajji Mufutau, FastShipping, Empiree, wow, I really enjoyed yoir contributions but just to point out something. The picture shown of black metcopo sheets seems to me to be a foreign product. The texture of the sheet and print which looks like a matted design is consistent with the types we call "foreign embossment" usually cheaper than the local First aluminum or Tower brands.
^^^ Do you have picture of local made?.
Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by spyder880(m): 7:54am On Oct 24, 2014
As for the quality difference between first aluminium and tower or other products, there is some marked difference between them. While their thickness might be almost same for equal guage sizes, the difference might come from the way and manner they treat their colours.

There are technology involved in the production and application of paints. The oven baked technology is one of such, I have noted that first aluminium uses oven baked technology to ensure their colours last longer. While some products dont. I have not been inside a Tower aluminium factor so cannot attest to the colour treatment technology or otherwise.

As regards cracks developing while "bending" some people call it folding of the materials, it is a real fear. But it always occur when the folding machine develop mechanical faults which make it to malfunction. The malfunction will then make it to stamp too hard, thereby puncturing the roofing sheets. Always ask your roofer to make sure the producing machines are not faulty.

There doesn't seem to me as if the step tiles is better than the metcopo or vice versa, it all depends on individual taste and likes. The long span is even cheaper, and many people still love it.

Stone coated tiles? If you read my posts in 2011, you will see I was arguing against it, not because its not very beautiful or durable but my major argument back then was affordability. I could not afford to use it on my house then. And am still enjoying the house. But its fine for clients that can afford it, I will be very happy to buy it for them because it gives my buildings some elements of class. As for the stone coated tiles washing off after 5 years, well some wash off in 2 years sef, there are fake Chinese imports everywhere now.

As for the preferred thickness, Hajji was right. Except I live in area where rainfall drops in lumps of ice, there is no need for me to use .70 roofing sheets. .45 is good for a residential house, .55 for churches and industrial roofing.

When I have more chance, I will use more pictures to explain all these. Thanks all.

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by spyder880(m): 7:54am On Oct 24, 2014
Empiree:
^^^ Do you have picture of local made?.

Look closely at this sheet, the texture is different from the other one. Looking for more close pictures.

Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by koman: 7:58am On Oct 24, 2014
FastShipping:

You just highlighted yhe issues I have with stone coated roof tiles.
Lemme also tell you that FAN and Tower doses not necessarily have the best corrugation machine.
The beauty of metcoppo depends on how good the corrugation machine is.
Like I said earlier, look for a company that has good corrugation machine and buy from them.
Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by koman: 8:26am On Oct 24, 2014
The color is called TRAFFIC BLACK,
FAN product but from a good corrugation company.

If your doing a project in PH and intend using metcoppo tiles, I'll suggest you buy from Vinal Aluminium.
They produced this particular tiles and the gauge is 0.45mm.
Dont use 0.45mm for your flashes pls,
0.55mm is best for the flashes cus it gives you a neat finish.

3 Likes

Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by koman: 8:43am On Oct 24, 2014
Oga spyder, check out this wardrobes

1 Like

Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by koman: 8:48am On Oct 24, 2014
More

1 Like

Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by koman: 9:02am On Oct 24, 2014
Most unique feature is the sliding doors,
It rolls very smooth, lasts longer than hinge doors, and most importantly takes care inconveniences where you have limited space.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by spyder880(m): 9:04am On Oct 24, 2014
koman:

Lovely, simply classy.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by FastShipping: 12:23pm On Oct 24, 2014
koman:
The color is called TRAFFIC BLACK,
FAN product but from a good corrugation company.

If your doing a project in PH and intend using metcoppo tiles, I'll suggest you buy from Vinal Aluminium.
They produced this particular tiles and the gauge is 0.45mm.
Dont use 0.45mm for your flashes pls,
0.55mm is best for the flashes cus it gives you a neat finish.

This is very nice. I still prefer the coffee black color to traffic black. I wouldn't mind any of the two colors. With the picture you uploaded, I don't see anything wrong using 0.45mm. It is now Metcoppo Step Tile for me or nothing. Finding the right company with the right machine to do the pressing is going to be the daunting task.

By the way, where did you get those Metcoppo roofing pictures?

1 Like

Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by FastShipping: 1:00pm On Oct 24, 2014
Here are pictures and info I got while reading through archives of roofing discussion on nairaland.

The owner first roofed his house with stone coated materials but the material turned white and became bad in less than three months. The owner had to pull everything down and replaced it with aluminium step tiles.

Same house, different roofs in a short period.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by kopell: 1:37pm On Oct 24, 2014
@Fastshipping thank you for going thru the archives, men this is one of the first guy that started sharing and showing us how he build his house on Nairaland online. Where is this guy, do anyone hear from him. Its being almost 2 years now or more we have not seen or hear from him and his project.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by Empiree: 1:44pm On Oct 24, 2014
^
i remember following that project. Definitely more than 2yrs.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by mufutau55(m): 2:21pm On Oct 24, 2014
spyder880:
As regards cracks developing while "bending" some people call it folding of the materials, it is a real fear. But it always occur when the folding machine develop mechanical faults which make it to malfunction. The malfunction will then make it to stamp too hard, thereby puncturing the roofing sheets. Always ask your roofer to make sure the producing machines are not faulty.

Just quoted few lines... Oga Spyder, you said it like a real professional. Thank you for the details and education.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by mufutau55(m): 2:26pm On Oct 24, 2014
koman:

You need to rotate your pictures before you break our necks... Fine furniture though.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by mufutau55(m): 2:29pm On Oct 24, 2014
kopell:
@Fastshipping thank you for going thru the archives, men this is one of the first guy that started sharing and showing us how he build his house on Nairaland online. Where is this guy, do anyone hear from him. Its being almost 2 years now or more we have not seen or hear from him and his project.

You can say that again Koppell, we had fun reading from this guy (Oluwa the Champion) until he started getting cocky and exaggerating on materials he purchased.. I sure do hope that he is still around for him to see the wonders Spyder has been performing with his ruckus with him.

Hajji M.
Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by mufutau55(m): 2:31pm On Oct 24, 2014
FastShipping:
Here are pictures and info I got while reading through archives of roofing discussion on nairaland.
The owner first roofed his house with stone coated materials but the material turned white and became bad in less than three months. The owner had to pull everything down and replaced it with aluminium step tiles.
Same house, different roofs in a short period.

The guy bought fake roofing sheets and was detected later... The good thing about "Oluwa The Champion" is that the guy likes to buy top materials for his house... although some costs are exaggerated and he was caught on that sometimes.. but still a good guy.

Hajji M.
Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by spyder880(m): 2:59pm On Oct 24, 2014
mufutau55:

The guy bought fake roofing sheets and was detected later... The good thing about "Oluwa The Champion" is that the guy likes to buy top materials for his house... although some costs are exaggerated and he was caught on that sometimes.. but still a good guy.

Hajji M.

I liked the contributions of that guy, after I understood him and enjoyed his inputs. I wish he is still around. cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

UK Tenant Moves Out From House, Leaving 5,000 Beer Cans Filled With Urine( Pix) / Ten (10) Of The Richest And Wealthiest Neighborhoods In Nigeria / NCDMB: The Tallest Building In Bayelsa State (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.