Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,123 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:06 AM

Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here - Agriculture (56) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here (482559 Views)

World's Largest Pig Farm In Kano / Intending And First-time Farmers: Lets Meet Here / Kaduna State Farmers Lets Meet Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (122) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Eefosa1: 9:37pm On Jan 02, 2017
abeyyskyne:
I am a Landrace, I farrowed today which is the first day of the year! I farrowed only 14 piglets and I am a first timer!
AM INTERESTED CALL ME ON 08028131974
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Chidoski64: 11:59pm On Jan 04, 2017
pls add this number 08164544319
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Matysu: 5:03pm On Jan 05, 2017
Please add my number 07032402039
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by nigerfine: 6:01pm On Jan 05, 2017
House, please is it okay to breed pigs in just a large fenced land.thanks
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by BenJane2016: 1:31am On Jan 06, 2017
@poos
Our farm is in New Karshi Nasarawa. You can reach us via email on benjanefarm@gmail.com
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by BenJane2016: 1:57am On Jan 06, 2017
@greelilly. Pls contact me on benjanefarm @gmail.com for the scale.I will appreciate. I need about two units for the farm.
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by BenJane2016: 2:16am On Jan 06, 2017
Administrator. Pls add me to what's up group if any. 08173623143. We are learning here. Thanks
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Peekey: 3:37pm On Jan 08, 2017
Pls, can anyone give me the contact of where I can get pig drinkers and also animal tags with their current prices. South West location is preferable. Thanks.
Peekey:
Pls, can anyone give me the contact of where I can get pig drinkers and also animal tags with their current prices. South West location is preferable. Thanks.
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Seg66: 7:11pm On Jan 08, 2017
Like how many bundles of zink is needed to cover the pen
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Nobody: 7:32am On Jan 09, 2017
ayodejy05:

You should get be getting enough buyers from Uso, owo, and Oka, oba, Akungba, Ikare Akoko area (mind you, most christian living in Akoko municipalities consume pork). What is there is that, you should do your market survey to be sure before starting because I only know of Akure.

The problem now is that, most pig farmers cannot raise their animals in residential areas like before. They have to move to remote areas. I wonder why they should, because it is possible to operate a pig farm around residential areas without polluting the environment, and even generate extra income.

You can easily breed maggot using pig dung while the liquid waste is channeled into a sewage pit. (always avoid using more water when cleaning).I always advise farmer to use the residual water in the watering trough and wallowing pit for cleaning the pens. Sprinkle disinfectant solution on the floor after cleaning .
One secret that most people and farmers don't know about pigs is that, pigs are one of the neatest if not the neatest animals in the world. You can carry out this experiment:
1. Construct pens that are spacious enough and avoid overcrowding
2. Construct the feed and water trough in the same place, and make use of shower system to cool pigs' body.
3. Now observe the pigs every day; you will notice that, they will never urinate and excrete in the place they feed or take water. They will move to a corner distant from where they feed and take water, to do these.

It is what I know and I'll surely stand on my ground about this fact.
So, it is the design of the pens that has made your pigs to behave or look dirty.

NB: What you give your pigs will determine if you will get enough meat or more than enough fat (many people including me don't like taking animal fat). If you delight in giving PKC, cassava peels, kitchen waste, and junks to pigs, they will convert them to enough body fat with poor growth performance. It is better you get a good feed formula to prepare a good concentrate for them. With a good pig breeds (even if it is not pure breed) such as Duroc, Landrace, Poland China etc. you will surely get a good result.

You can read this article on Pig farming www.livestocking.com/facts-about-pig-farming-business

What is your feed formula?
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by thatagricboy: 10:22am On Jan 11, 2017
Good day house, its been an exiting read.
lots of knowledge share and exchange. the kind of spirit we all can use towards a better Nigeria.
I would love to be be a part of this forum. i have interests in the Pig farming and value chain.
I've done some reading, and research and also read this thread; recognizing the opportunity to learn and expand my knowledge base.
Being a member will also expose me to like minds and possibly forge acquaintances, friendships and possibly a Mentor or Mentors; which could in the end help me shape/ guide me.

it will be an honor to learn and confirm/ clarify/ affirm things read, listened too etc.
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by dynamix101(m): 12:34pm On Jan 11, 2017
Roasted Groundnut skins with groundnuts mixed inside for sale in 100kg bags @ 2500 per bag. Call 09066020001 or whatsapp 08082310865

1 Like

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Hondipodina(m): 4:48pm On Jan 12, 2017
Peekey:
Pls, can anyone give me the contact of where I can get pig drinkers and also animal tags with their current prices. South West location. Thanks.

You can call this number for both tag and drinker 0812 151 5806 and the man is based in Ibadan
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Don4eva(m): 6:48pm On Jan 13, 2017
Onyedikachi22:
Pls add me on the whatsapp group 08166972748. Pig farmer in Umuahia, Abia State.
where in Umuahia, I am a pig farmer in Umuahia too
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Don4eva(m): 6:49pm On Jan 13, 2017
vickifeanyi47:

I'm also in umuahia..nice to meet u
am in Umuahia too
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by mfm04622: 8:53pm On Jan 13, 2017
dynamix101:
Roasted Groundnut skins with groundnuts mixed inside for sale in 100kg bags @ 2500 per bag. Call 09066020001 or whatsapp 08082310865

Where are you located? What do each bag weighs?
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by vickifeanyi47(m): 7:01am On Jan 14, 2017
Don4eva:
am in Umuahia too
pm me on watsap+23407038714951
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by dynamix101(m): 7:56am On Jan 14, 2017
mfm04622:

Where are you located? What do each bag weighs?
Lagos. Weigh varies per packing
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by hectorr(m): 6:08pm On Jan 15, 2017
Any pig farmer based in owerri here?

1 Like

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jan 17, 2017
pls kindly add this number to the what's app group 08097664716. Am a pig farmer.
Thanks.
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Danny777(m): 3:48pm On Jan 17, 2017
[quote author=lagbaja post=24350770]I am into pig farming. Pig farming is one of the most lucrative arms of animal farming. Pigs are highly prolific, giving birth to an average of 10 piglets per farrow. Typically a pig farrows 2.5 times in a year. So in a year, a pig can give birth to about 25 piglets.

The biggest variable cost component in pig farming is feed cost. It accounts for about 70% of the total cost. Your ability to source your feed in a manner that is most cost effective is your success determinant. Typically, pigs have FCR in the range between 2 and 4 depending on the breed and on the feed formulation. FCR means feed conversion ratio. It is a measure of how much kg of feed an animal will eat to produce 1kg of live weight.

This the is formula I adopt for my pigs (Modified for Amino Acid Balancing)

Like how much is the cost estimate for setting up a pig farm?
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by thymm50(m): 5:46pm On Jan 17, 2017
ok
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Auspi4u4me(m): 5:03pm On Jan 18, 2017
hello gurus in d house am having litle issues about my pigs. i notice dey dont have much fat and its affecting dia weight .
presently with dis less fat dey weighed 60kg
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by daxlasaint(m): 10:24pm On Jan 18, 2017
newest piglets in town... just 6 but cant complain o!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by thymm50(m): 7:29am On Jan 19, 2017
ok
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Auspi4u4me(m): 8:07am On Jan 19, 2017
pls i need answers. want to kbow more
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by vickifeanyi47(m): 1:01pm On Jan 19, 2017
daxlasaint:

Congrats!!

1 Like

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by TONY56: 8:36am On Jan 20, 2017
daxlasaint:
Can you please share with me why you can't complain of having only 6 when a lot of people's sow farrow between 10 and 15?
Your reasons might be very good or satisfactory that's why I like you to share
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by dynamix101(m): 9:12am On Jan 20, 2017
daxlasaint:

If these piglets are very new, they are lovely and your sow is very good. Get rid of the boar, he isnt good. She looks like she can do better (10-12) if she has a very good mate.

1 Like

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by austino01(m): 9:41am On Jan 20, 2017
Are you interested in making millions in pig farm in 2017/ if yes there is a group that is presently giving out free lectures on how to start and be successful in pig farming you cant afford not to be in this group much to gain. send me a whatsapp request and i will be happy to put you in the group remember it is FREE. 2017 is your year to join the MILLIONAIRE CLUB.send request to +14042549461
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by dejia(m): 12:04pm On Jan 20, 2017
austino01:
Are you interested in making millions in pig farm in 2017/ if yes there is a group that is presently giving out free lectures on how to start and be successful in pig farming you cant afford not to be in this group much to gain. send me a whatsapp request and i will be happy to put you in the group remember it is FREE. 2017 is your year to join the MILLIONAIRE CLUB.send request to +14042549461

Austin,

Lets be very careful.. Nigeria is in a recession, farmers are the most affected, feed cost has double some have trippled in the last 3 months, and it has been hard for farmers to pass it on. Lets be careful with pushing innocent people into agribusiness claiming its money spinning, i have been a pig farmer for over 5years and i can tell you the last 3months has been the worst for any pig farmer, maize price has moved from N45 to N135; even the brewery waste that used to be almost free has gone up. Yes, Piggery is still profitable, but not the way you described it.

1 Like

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Agbaletu: 2:37pm On Jan 20, 2017
dejia:

Austin,

Lets be very careful.. Nigeria is in a recession, farmers are the most affected, feed cost has double some have trippled in the last 3 months, and it has been hard for farmers to pass it on. Lets be careful with pushing innocent people into agribusiness claiming its money spinning, i have been a pig farmer for over 5years and i can tell you the last 3months has been the worst for any pig farmer, maize price has moved from N45 to N135; even the brewery waste that used to be almost free has gone up. Yes, Piggery is still profitable, but not the way you described it.

Good response. We need to be honest with ourselves here.
My pig farmer friends are also complaining of the increment in the price of animal feeds.

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (122) (Reply)

Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) / Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.