Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,895 members, 7,802,880 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:16 AM

Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here - Agriculture (57) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here (482053 Views)

World's Largest Pig Farm In Kano / Intending And First-time Farmers: Lets Meet Here / Kaduna State Farmers Lets Meet Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (122) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by dynamix101(m): 4:42pm On Jan 20, 2017
austino01:
Are you interested in making millions in pig farm in 2017/ if yes there is a group that is presently giving out free lectures on how to start and be successful in pig farming you cant afford not to be in this group much to gain. send me a whatsapp request and i will be happy to put you in the group remember it is FREE. 2017 is your year to join the MILLIONAIRE CLUB.send request to +14042549461

Hmmmm

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by crowngold(m): 4:50pm On Jan 20, 2017
I've followed this thread and I really want to appropriate all I've learnt so far. However, I wish to be added to the whatsapp group. Thanks. 08032588981
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by daxlasaint(m): 8:47pm On Jan 20, 2017
dynamix101:

If these piglets are very new, they are lovely and your sow is very good. Get rid of the boar, he isnt good. She looks like she can do bethanks tter (10-12) if she has a very good mate.
thanks bro... my sentiments exact... bought the sow pregnant. I suspect they were into inbreeding. Definitely gonna get my own breeding board soonest
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by daxlasaint(m): 8:51pm On Jan 20, 2017
TONY56:

Can you please share with me why you can't complain of having only 6 when a lot of people's sow farrow between 10 and 15?
Your reasons might be very good or satisfactory that's why I like you to share
6 is thanl than nothing na. I already suspected inbreeding from the farm is bought her
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by dynamix101(m): 8:56pm On Jan 20, 2017
daxlasaint:
thanks bro... my sentiments exact... bought the sow pregnant. I suspect they were into inbreeding. Definitely gonna get my own breeding board soonest

Might not be inbreeding. Might be the boar is not man enough grin. U need a sharp, exotic male

1 Like

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by lekefem: 10:40am On Jan 21, 2017
Hello all. I have been following posts here for a while now and have decided to take the bold step of going into piggery at Okearo Farm. I, however, need you great guys to put me through on some current details:
(1) Current cost of renting Pen that can hold between 50 to 100 pigs at Okearo Pig Farm
(2) Current cost of 50kg bag of Maize
(3) Current cost of 1 ton of spent Brewers grain (Dry and wet)
(4) Current cost of 1 ton of PKC
(5) Current cost of 50kg of Dried bonemeal
(6) Current cost of 1 ton of Cassava Marsh
Thank you guys.
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by ejimikeokwu: 11:55am On Jan 21, 2017
please any pig farmer in markurdi? I need your help, I am looking for where to buy PKC and spent grain and their prices per ton or by 50kg. I stay at gboko but those selling in gboko have ran out of stock. please if you stay in markudi don't hesitate to direct me thanks.
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by femu(m): 12:31pm On Jan 21, 2017
lekefem:
Hello all. I have been following posts here for a while now and have decided to take the bold step of going into piggery at Okearo Farm. I, however, need you great guys to put me through on some current details:
(1) Current cost of renting Pen that can hold between 50 to 100 pigs at Okearo Pig Farm
(2) Current cost of 50kg bag of Maize
(3) Current cost of 1 ton of spent Brewers grain (Dry and wet)
(4) Current cost of 1 ton of PKC
(5) Current cost of 50kg of Dried bonemeal
(6) Current cost of 1 ton of Cassava Marsh
Thank you guys.

Prices now increase daily.

maize is about 150-160 naira per kg

Bone meal about 60 naira per kg

pkc is about 50 naira per kg

1 Like

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by dejia(m): 10:46pm On Jan 21, 2017
Pig Nipples ( Tips) for Sale

Price: N1,500 each with 12months waranty.

if interested, Email: deji@fulfillsa.co.za

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by abeyyskyne(m): 11:13am On Jan 22, 2017
Eefosa1:
AM INTERESTED CALL ME ON 08028131974
I will let u know when they are weaned. Thanks for the interest.
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by lekefem: 6:41am On Jan 23, 2017
femu:

Prices now increase daily.

maize is about 150-160 naira per kg

Bone meal about 60 naira per kg

pkc is about 50 naira per kg

Thank you @femu. Any ideas about the current cost of Spent Brewers Grain and Cassava Marsh? Anyone with an idea of the current cost of renting a 50 -100 capacity Pen at Okearo Pig Farm?
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by TONY56: 3:54pm On Jan 23, 2017
lekefem:

Thank you @femu. Any ideas about the current cost of Spent Brewers Grain and Cassava Marsh? Anyone with an idea of the current cost of renting a 50 -100 capacity Pen at Okearo Pig Farm?

When you talk about cost of renting a 50-100 capacity Pen, to me, it's sounds vague in the sense that it depends on the numbers of pigs you intend to house in a single room and their age or kg.
Normally, they are not supposed to be over crowded. So whatever cost anyone gives you should be based on the size of each of the room in the Pig pen because some people house about 10 pigs in a 10 X 10ft room, while some prefer only 5 in same size of room and others crowd even 20 in same size of Room and of cause other factors like age, kg, breeding, farrowing, etc come into play too.
If you have more than a Boar for example you can't house them together in same room except you want a "fight to finish" and you can't also house a boar and a sow together except when you want to cross or mate them and in which case they have to be separated after crossing.
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by anigbogukelvin(m): 7:52pm On Jan 23, 2017
070+38+35+88+59. PLS add me up. I wrote it that way to avoid the bad guys.
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by dynamix101(m): 9:07pm On Jan 23, 2017
lekefem:

Hi. In oke-aro, a room dat can take 50 animals rents for around 6000 per month; for 100 animals, u will need 2 rooms.
Brewery spent grains is sold in cement bags, 200 per bag. Aside dat u have to buy a truck load and dats killing.
Cassava mash aka paki is sold @ d rate of 250 per bag; one bag equals 2 20ltr paint buckets. Also it isnt sold in tonnes. A busload costs 18k. Shongi costs around 300 per bag.

Do you have any other questions on oke-aro tins?? Note that you need to be careful in oke-aro esp with attendants.
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by TONY56: 6:05am On Jan 24, 2017
dynamix101:

Hi. In oke-aro, a room dat can take 50 animals rents for around 6000 per month; for 100 animals, u will need 2 rooms.
Brewery spent grains is sold in cement bags, 200 per bag. Aside dat u have to buy a truck load and dats killing.
Cassava mash aka paki is sold @ d rate of 250 per bag; one bag equals 2 20ltr paint buckets. Also it isnt sold in tonnes. A busload costs 18k. Shongi costs around 300 per bag.

Do you have any other questions on oke-aro tins?? Note that you need to be careful in oke-aro esp with attendants.
Hmmmm
50 animals of which size, age or kg? And what's the size of each room? The investor should also be mindful of the fact that he should also get extra rooms ready cause the space would definitely become too small or overcrowded in about 3 months or there about and at that time, he may not be able to get more to rent expecially close to the existing ones and he may consequently be forced to sell some at give away prices.

It's better to pls elaborate on why it's necessary to "be careful in oke-aro especially with attendants". By so doing, you will be doing the prospective investors there and elsewhere a lot of good. Pls share your experiences on the antecedents of the attendants with members on the forum to avoid falling prey to them.
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by vickifeanyi47(m): 7:17am On Jan 24, 2017
Does the cost of rentage includes the attendants?
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by abeyyskyne(m): 7:26am On Jan 24, 2017
anigbogukelvin:
070+38+35+88+59. PLS add me up. I wrote it that way to avoid the bad guys.
I noticed u emailed me which I appreciate but I prefer to correspond on NL. Lastly, I wonder how u got my email address. Thanks and remain blessed.
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by dynamix101(m): 7:33am On Jan 24, 2017
TONY56:

Hmmmm
50 animals of which size, age or kg? And what's the size of each room? The investor should also be mindful of the fact that he should also get extra rooms ready cause the space would definitely become too small or overcrowded in about 3 months or there about and at that time, he may not be able to get more to rent expecially close to the existing ones and he may consequently be forced to sell some at give away prices.

It's better to pls elaborate on why it's necessary to "be careful in oke-aro especially with attendants". By so doing, you will be doing the prospective investors there and elsewhere a lot of good. Pls share your experiences on the antecedents of the attendants with members on the forum to avoid falling prey to them.

When i mean 50 animals, i mean 50 matured animals weighing around 80kg.

Someone asked if it includes attendants cost and i answer "no". Attendants wages varies from 2500-7000 per month depending on the functions they perform for you.

Problems with attendants include pilfering and negligence of duty. Add lack of initiative too. If you want to be a real pig farmer, you cant do it in proxy; you have to come to the farm daily and monitor all d goings-on in your pens.

1 Like

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by MariamAdesola: 11:00am On Jan 24, 2017
Hi,
How much does 1tonne of dried spent grain cost and where to get at ibadan or Ijebu-ode.

Tnx in anticipation of your response
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by lekefem: 9:21am On Jan 25, 2017
Thank you @dynamix101, etc. I have learnt more from your contributions.
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by megautche: 12:35pm On Jan 25, 2017
Good day people i have growers for sale at Umuagwo area in Imo state. kindly reach me on 07065431192
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by 2T215: 1:26pm On Jan 25, 2017
megautche:
Good day people i have growers for sale at Umuagwo area in Imo state. kindly reach me on 07065431192

Which specie of pig do you have?
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by megautche: 3:04pm On Jan 25, 2017
2T215:

Which specie of pig do you have?

land race
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by dynamix101(m): 5:33pm On Jan 25, 2017
MariamAdesola:
Hi,
How much does 1tonne of dried spent grain cost and where to get at ibadan or Ijebu-ode.

Tnx in anticipation of your response

Hi, spent grains aren't sold in tonnes; they are sold in truckloads. If you stay in ibadan it will be easier and cheaper for you to source from Nigeria Breweries than from Lag here because of the heavy trucking costs.
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by dynamix101(m): 5:34pm On Jan 25, 2017
lekefem:

Thank you @dynamix101, etc. I have learnt more from your contributions.

You are wlcm and I wish you success in your journey into the world of piggery
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jan 25, 2017
Hey guys... Kudos to u all. I need a bit of help... I have purchased 3 pregnant pigs at oke-aro. I have also rented 3 small rooms for each of the pigs. My questions are...
1. What type of feed is preferred for a pregnant sow?
2. How beneficial to the pig is brewery waste?
3. When the pigs finally deliver, what food do they prefer at this point. Pig & piglets. Will really appreciate a response. Thank you.
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by femu(m): 8:36am On Jan 27, 2017
Pig Liveweight keeps appreciating every week.

view updates below:

https://no1pigfan./2017/01/26/pig-liveweight-price-updates/
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by dynamix101(m): 9:54am On Jan 27, 2017
nms1201:
Hey guys... Kudos to u all. I need a bit of help... I have purchased 3 pregnant pigs at oke-aro. I have also rented 3 small rooms for each of the pigs. My questions are...
1. What type of feed is preferred for a pregnant sow?
2. How beneficial to the pig is brewery waste?
3. When the pigs finally deliver, what food do they prefer at this point. Pig & piglets. Will really appreciate a response. Thank you.
You can feed your pregnant sows with any food U like.
Brewery waste provides them with energy but you will need to compound maize+full fat+groundnut cake+vit&minerals in addition to pkc to ensure they have well balanced meals.
Upon delivery, they can eat anytin except paki and fruits as they can cause diarrhea in the babies.
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Nobody: 12:53pm On Jan 27, 2017
Thank you very much.
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by vickifeanyi47(m): 10:13pm On Jan 27, 2017
dynamix101:

You can feed your pregnant sows with any food U like.
Brewery waste provides them with energy but you will need to compound maize+full fat+groundnut cake+vit&minerals in addition to pkc to ensure they have well balanced meals.
Upon delivery, they can eat anytin except paki and fruits as they can cause diarrhea in the babies.
what's paki?
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by dynamix101(m): 10:48pm On Jan 27, 2017
vickifeanyi47:

what's paki?
Cassava peels

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (122) (Reply)

Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) / Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.