Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,369 members, 7,808,284 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:52 AM

Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here - Agriculture (81) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here (482506 Views)

World's Largest Pig Farm In Kano / Intending And First-time Farmers: Lets Meet Here / Kaduna State Farmers Lets Meet Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (122) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by vickifeanyi47(m): 5:05pm On Apr 14, 2018
femu:

You buy weaners or growers from farmers and feed for
additional 2-6 months and sell. Less headache....
So there's headache in breeding?
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by femu(m): 6:19pm On Apr 14, 2018
Bostin:
Thanks for your intake. I guess am buying male only for that purpose if am right ?

You can buy both sex for fattening
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Bostin(m): 7:23am On Apr 15, 2018
femu:

You can buy both sex for fattening
but will not cross them ...right? Thanks
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by femu(m): 8:07am On Apr 15, 2018
Bostin:
but will not cross them ...right? Thanks

Ensure you castrate all the males
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Bostin(m): 9:51am On Apr 15, 2018
femu:

Ensure you castrate all the males
You've been so helpful bro,thanks greatly .
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Aniyameta1980: 12:38pm On Apr 15, 2018
please add me 08077339761 to ur pig watsap group
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Nobody: 8:43pm On Apr 15, 2018
Plz add me to pig WhatsApp group
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by segzypark(m): 12:21am On Apr 17, 2018
Add 08131583325.thanks
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by adeyinkapiggs: 10:02am On Apr 19, 2018
Hello farmers, i have different kinds of breeds in my farm at affordable rate, such as large white, landrace, poland china, camborough, america yorkshire, large black. Also i have them in different stage like pregnant sow, about to cross , growers, weaners.. call/visit my farm for more enquiries and consultation 08172727350.
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by doctorexcel: 4:59pm On Apr 22, 2018
Pls add to the whatsapp group

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Epiczi(m): 5:55pm On Apr 22, 2018
pls add me - 08187639064
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by bruzjay: 9:15am On Apr 25, 2018
[quote author=Nengee post=64240276]
Watsapp me on 08032952157 for pics and more details [/quote

How far your farm
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by babakk2(m): 1:59pm On Apr 25, 2018
Good day House,
Please I kindly need anybody with useful information on how I can get brewery waste from the consolidate brewery's ilesa ?
Please I need the info urgently.
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by otarunero2015(m): 5:20pm On Apr 25, 2018
Hi guys new thread follower.
Please any idea how much to rent pen at gberigbe ikorodu? Am thinking for 4 to 5 pigs for a start

*plus Idea on price range for pig
I don't know if I should start with piglet, in-sow( already pregnant pigs) or weaner
What amount of capital am I looking at?? For the general up keep and maintainance.

Thanks in anticipation
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Nengee: 5:59pm On Apr 25, 2018
[quote author=bruzjay post=67011052][/quote] Cool.... We growing bigger
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Nengee: 6:00pm On Apr 25, 2018
tayo52:
number not on whatsap
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by obeabi: 9:26pm On Apr 25, 2018
Pigs of different breeds and sizes (Weaners, Piglets, Growers, Sows, Boar) are available for sale and wholesale.

Big farm with already built structures is available for lease in Ilesa Osun state. Pls if you're interested in leasing of Piggery, 10 Earthen fish ponds (1 with 3000 fish capacity and 9 with 1000 capacity) feel free to contact us. We already have in-farm accommodation, electricity and excellent running borehole with pumping machines.

Contact Akinola on 08179030815.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by bruzjay: 5:59pm On Apr 26, 2018
Nengee:

Cool.... We growing bigger

That's good, am planning on starting one in enugu soon, was wondering if you could guide me?
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by sundayadanlawo: 6:01pm On Apr 27, 2018
otarunero2015:
Hi guys new thread follower.
Please any idea how much to rent pen at gberigbe ikorodu? Am thinking for 4 to 5 pigs for a start

*plus Idea on price range for pig
I don't know if I should start with piglet, in-sow( already pregnant pigs) or weaner
What amount of capital am I looking at?? For the general up keep and maintainance.

Thanks in anticipation

Hello Otarunero2015,

You can whatsapp chat or whatsapp call me on 08055257595 so that I can give you advice and also answer your questions.

Thank you
Sunday Adanlawo
SOFEM Farms Limited,
Agbowa, Lagos State
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by austinomd(m): 4:30pm On Apr 30, 2018
Need to do marketing before stocking your farm, please can you explain that?

oluyemioy:
For the enquiry,

100k cannot start Piggery business.

You need to provide shelter, water, Labour, medications, security and buy initial stock of animals.

You also need to do marketing before stocking your farm.

I suggest you should visit a commercial pig farm and spend at least one week there. You will understand what it takes.

I wish you well.

OLUYEMI FARMS
IJEBU IGBO

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by yoged(m): 10:34am On May 01, 2018
obeabi:
Pigs of different breeds and sizes (Weaners, Piglets, Growers, Sows, Boar) are available for sale and wholesale.

Big farm with already built structures is available for lease in Ilesa Osun state. Pls if you're interested in leasing of Piggery, 10 Earthen fish ponds (1 with 3000 fish capacity and 9 with 1000 capacity) feel free to contact us. We already have in-farm accommodation, electricity and excellent running borehole with pumping machines.

Contact Akinola on 08179030815.
Thanks
which side of ilesa ?
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by yoged(m): 10:35am On May 01, 2018
Please is there any pen house for rent in Osogbo
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by yoged(m): 10:36am On May 01, 2018
babakk2:
Good day House,
Please I kindly need anybody with useful information on how I can get brewery waste from the consolidate brewery's ilesa ?
Please I need the info urgently.
I can give you my friend's number
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by babakk2(m): 12:27pm On May 01, 2018
yoged:
I can give you my friend's number
Please do I will be glad to have his/her number
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by austinomd(m): 2:16pm On May 01, 2018
Good Day, I know this post is almost a year old, but I just stumbled on it and would like to know, how did you go with ur idea of a co-operative? Have you gotten the number of people you need, because I might be interested.

I started pig farming on a small scale about a month ago before stumbling on this thread, I've made some mistakes already, but I believe they can be adjusted if I'm guided properly, please reach out to me: 08139293592, austinomd@gmail.com

Thanks
Excelleon:
I'm a young pig farmer and I've been on this forum for years but never posted a thing. This is for starters with less capital; from my experience I realized that renting a ready made pen at the inception of your business is wiser than acquiring land/building, you can later do that after making money from the business. Renting a pen will enable you to spend less on assets and more on the business itself(pigs) which is what will bring profits.
I'm looking to set-up a corporative alongside other youth farmers, so we can access government loans and grants as a body. I have 2 colleagues here already and all I need is 5 more persons. I can help you secure a pen and quality animals here in Lag, and I'm also on ground to guide you.
Note: I don't work for people, I will only show you what to do and guide you on everything you need to know, so you have to be serious and committed. Lastly, pls I don't want old people in this corporative cos I won't want anyone that will be acting like he/she gave others the money they invested with. Contact: 08075400236
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by austinomd(m): 3:26pm On May 01, 2018
Wow!

What a great read, from page 1 to 80, yea I read it all in 9 days, right from the very first post in 2014 (4 years reading experience lol) and I'm so excited, I knew it would be best to read from beginning, but seeing the number of pages involved almost discouraged me, well I'm glad I managed to read it all and I've learnt allot just from reading.

Many thanks to the originator of this post and to the many gurus too numerous to mention that have kept the thread going for 4 years I've seen allot of selfless and authentic advise here, which is not easy to come by in Nigeria, so I say all thanks to you all..

I recently started a pig farm (very small scale) at Oke Aro, reading this post through, I've come to realize I made allot of mistakes by starting with local breeds, the environment is also not standard but I was aware of that before starting, that was almost like my only option since I had a very little capital, I started on rented pens with 10 local weaners (5 male, 5 female). My intention was to use them for breeding, but all that has changed after reading through this thread, I'm not there all through as I have a small salary job from where I hope to get funds to take care of the pigs, I bought the weaners from the pen owner, so her worker takes care of them for me for a little stipend, while I visit once a week to know how they're faring.

Now I know farming local breeds isn't that profitable(wish I saw this thread before going in) its painful since I don't have much cash, but I don't want to quit, I want to make amends gradually till I'm able to get on the right track.

This is how I intend to go:
1. Buy a few better breeds of weaners (maybe 2 male and 2 female)

2. House them in a separate pen(I rented 2 rooms) so that I can get a better hygiene for them, install nipple drinkers on a plastic drum so they get clean water and all that.

Castrate all the local males I have and fatten them for sale.

3. Select 2 of the local female and use one of the better male breed to cross them for better offsprings

4. Use the remaining male to cross the 2 female for offsprings

Now here are my questions:

Is it advisable to use a better breed of male to cross the local female breed as I stated above?

Which breed can I go for if I want to cross the local female?

Presently ive spent about #12,000 on feeds for the first one month for the 10 from what I studied here that is too much, what would you advise I do to reduce cost since I'm not always physically present? I feed them Cassava peels, PKC, brewery waste and blood meal.

From my narration, what would you advise generally for me to survive this stage of the struggle?

All the gurus in the house Please kindly help a brother

@dynamix101 I understand you are also at One aro, please I'll like to hear from you and possibly meet you in person so I can gain from your wealth of experience.

Thanks, waiting to hear from you guys soon

1 Like

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by austinomd(m): 3:48pm On May 01, 2018
@dynamix101 I understand you are also at Oke aro, please I'll like to hear from you and possibly meet you in person so I can gain from your wealth of experience.

Thanks, waiting to hear from you guys soon[/b]
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by overdrive(m): 11:47pm On May 01, 2018
bruzjay:

That's good, am planning on starting one in enugu soon, was wondering if you could guide me?

Send me a pm.i am at Enugu
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by MrKodak(m): 5:31am On May 02, 2018
Add to whatsapp grp 09036001121
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Elvismontana: 7:22am On May 02, 2018
Hello house
I really enjoyed those write up by our experienced guru's in the in the house.
Please contact me on any rented pen that is located in Delta State.
Add 08069237106 to whataspp group
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by bruzjay: 5:25pm On May 02, 2018
Jessam:

Jessam Cattle ranch and farm have been on the same Enugu site for 3.5 years. Due to popular demand for our livestock we are always expanding our housing for livestock. For example our pig housing has gone from one building that can hold 200 grown pigs to 4 buildings that can hold 1000 pigs. The same for our poultry section. We also pay close attention to maintenance and ensure that repairs are done regularly including repairing floors, replastering walls and rehanging doors. We also look after our surroundings, ensuring grass is cut, weeds are controlled, on a daily basis we pick up rubbish including all types of plastic bags and debris. Hopefully photographs of our farm and animals attests to the high standards of livestock care and farm estate management we adhere too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gj5VRJWxLv0&feature=youtu.be

For bio security reasons we don not have the oportunity to show case our poultry section but we will put up a select number of pics on nairaland soon

Thank you for showing interest in our farm, Feel free to place your orders 08032455430 or 09099020582

jessamfarms@hotmail.com

What's the size of your farm

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (122) (Reply)

Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) / Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.