Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,796 members, 7,798,690 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:35 AM

Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here - Agriculture (84) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here (481725 Views)

World's Largest Pig Farm In Kano / Intending And First-time Farmers: Lets Meet Here / Kaduna State Farmers Lets Meet Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (122) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Elvismontana: 6:20am On May 20, 2018
I want to join the whatsapp group
Please kindly add me.
Phone number : 08069237106
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by jojofarm: 11:59am On May 20, 2018
Jimisho:
Pls is there a pig farmer around Abeokuta axis. I need weaners. Prefer ably large white or any other good breed. Some for fattening some for breeding. Pls indicate if u are in Abeokuta. So I can visit your farm. Thanks
Call me 07013939636

1 Like

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by femu(m): 4:33pm On May 20, 2018
Drying And Disinfection Will Help The Little Pig

A newborn pig is challenged in many different ways. It must stay warm, find food and fight off bacteria. These factors are also the reason why a piglet may not survive or the reason that it gets off to a bad start.

Envirogene dries the pig and reduces harmful pathogens, and for this reason, its use around farrowing is worth a thought.

Envirogene is an all-natural, super-absorbent, anti-bacterial desiccant powder to control humidity, suppress ammonia and reduce bacteria in pig pens.

Why run the risk?

The process of drying means that the pigs do not need to use their energy on staying warm. Instead, they can use all the energy gathered from the colostrum, to grow. This makes a lot of sense, especially for the smallest pigs.

The product also doubles as a disinfectant. It protects against strep, staph, E Coli and salmonella. It protects the sensitive navels of the newborn piglets and in return they will have less of a chance to see infection and ruptures in these sensitive places.

Using Envirogene  noticeably reduces mortality rates in the farrowing pen. 

The effect is both due to either fewer cold pigs or less disease pressure. But whichever the scenario, there were more weaned pigs – which is, of course, the most important factor. 

Scattering Envirogene in the sleeping area of newly weaned pens of pigs adds an element of familiarity when everything else seems so
foreign to them. This familiarity can help to discourage fighting and can stimulate a greater interest toward feed.

Also, as indicated in its farrowing room uses explained above, Envirogene's great healing properties can also be very beneficial to pigs that do sustain scratches and wounds from fighting with new pen-mates.

BENEFITS
• Drying Of Newborn Piglets

• Promotes Faster Access To Colostrum, Inducing Better And Faster Growth.

• Faster Umbilical Cord Healing

• Fly/Rat Repellent And Odour Control

• Prevents Piglet Diarrhoea

• Prevention And Treatment Of Mastitis

• Heals Wounds

• Absorbs Moisture And Prevents Growth Of Pathogenic Bacteria

• Prevents Pneumonia

Call or WhatsApp 08034209301 to Order

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHc6Bl_nTLI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBBNYW24hXk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sk9g5FD6YBc

Call or WhatsApp 08034209301 to Order

1 Like

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Pauladex(m): 6:13pm On May 20, 2018
I am much interested in the group. my number is 08066784424
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Dozzy77: 8:16pm On May 20, 2018
Pls someone should add my number:::08032378392
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by doctorexcel: 5:46pm On May 21, 2018
chigomiced:
Finally got to finish this 82 page journey of over 4 years of knowledge and experience
I must commend you all for you contributions
I noticed that this thread has no official WhatsApp group
And lots of newbies are not carried along accordingly
I have thereby moved to open an official WhatsApp group where farmers and buyers/sellers across Nigeria can meet and share ideas and information about prices of feeds and all sorts

Quote me if you are interested in joining

Pls add 08077769222. Thanks
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by chidi4sam(m): 6:05am On May 22, 2018
chigomiced:

Done
. Please add me. 08032761704
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by dubemcapital(m): 6:49am On May 22, 2018
Please add me on whatsapp 08030799100
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Pauladex(m): 6:59am On May 22, 2018
[quote author=chigomiced post=67514586]Finally got to finish this 82 page journey of over 4 years of knowledge and experience
I must commend you all for you contributions
I noticed that this thread has no official WhatsApp group
And lots of newbies are not carried along accordingly
I have thereby moved to open an official WhatsApp group where farmers and buyers/sellers across Nigeria can meet and share ideas and information about prices of feeds and all sorts

Quote me if you are interested in joining

Pls add 08066784424

1 Like

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by soyenuga: 8:43am On May 22, 2018
ATMANCorp Nigeria is an integrated farming and processing company.

We have dried and sorted cassava peels for sale. Nutritious and very cost effective in raising pigs.

20,000 naira per ton for Ibadan Area

Contact us at info@atmancorporation.com or at 0812.791.5251

1 Like

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by doctorexcel: 9:14am On May 22, 2018
[quote author=Pauladex post=67767193][/quote]

Pls add 08077769222
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Pebukster94: 4:00pm On May 24, 2018
Add me please 08107387611
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Pebukster94: 4:01pm On May 24, 2018
And please how much is the liveweight of pig per kg in the south east??
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by williams2600(m): 11:29pm On May 24, 2018
Pls If there is a wtasapp group can someone add me 08162691408

Is it possible to run this close to a poltry farm?

How many pigs can one start with?

Is there anyone in Kaduna Wat can help me? )

Pls urgent
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Honeydrop95: 7:28am On May 25, 2018
Pls add me to the whatsapp group 07082963531
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Spentgrains17: 8:34am On May 25, 2018
food quality pig feeds get wet brewery spent grains Now at cheaper rate for just #20 per kg content maize, wheat offal, fibre, rice, sorghum, and as protein content of %24 call 09034393162 available in large quantity at sango Ota ogun state gudugba

1 Like

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by rotadeco27: 12:40pm On May 25, 2018
Please add this no to the watsap group: 08056839626
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by igor1980: 12:50pm On May 25, 2018
Greetings to all my boss in the house.I am a pig farmer.Please add me to your whatsap group.This is my phone number 07065502544.Thanks
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Nobody: 2:38pm On May 25, 2018
I sale pig feeds that contains grinded wheat, corn,soya beans, beans, dawa, millet, Okpa etc at cheap price.
My location is Enugu.
Will post pictures Leta
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by overdrive(m): 3:01pm On May 25, 2018
Izuogu1:
I sale pig feeds that contains grinded wheat, corn,soya beans, beans, dawa, millet, Okpa etc at cheap price.
My location is Enugu.
Will post pictures Leta

Pictures please
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Nobody: 3:24pm On May 25, 2018
overdrive:

Pictures please
Leta ..but u can still come to our Shop if you are in Enugu..
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by overdrive(m): 4:22pm On May 25, 2018
Izuogu1:

Address
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by overdrive(m): 4:23pm On May 25, 2018
Izuogu1:

Address
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Nobody: 4:31pm On May 25, 2018
overdrive:

Address
Chat or call me with my number in my signature..lets proceed from there
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by soyenuga: 4:38pm On May 25, 2018
soyenuga:
ATMANCorp Nigeria is an integrated farming and processing company.

We have dried and sorted cassava peels for sale. Nutritious and very cost effective in raising pigs.

20,000 naira per ton for Ibadan Area

Contact us at info@atmancorporation.com or at 0812.791.5251
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by williams2600(m): 5:19pm On May 25, 2018
Pls is there any pig farmer in kaduna or Kano here pls indicate

Pls add 08162691408 to the Watsapp group or drop the link to the group here
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by williams2600(m): 5:59pm On May 25, 2018
Gurus I just read through and found that 100k cannot start pig business n not as a hobby...

I am trying to raise 300k to start mine I have space near my moms poultry and constant water supply and light problem is it's close to the house won't it smell?

Thirdly some ppl are of the opinion that I want to waist 300k on just pigs and it's miaking me fear

Help.....
williams2600:
Pls is there any pig farmer in kaduna or Kano here pls indicate

Pls add 08162691408 to the Watsapp group or drop the link to the group here
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Honeydrop95: 6:24pm On May 25, 2018
Pls how much is a kg of live pig. I'm based in Sagam Ogun State and I called some buyers but they want to buy for 350 per kg. I just want to be sure how much it is.
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Nobody: 6:38pm On May 25, 2018
Honeydrop95:
Pls how much is a kg of live pig. I'm based in Sagam Ogun State and I called some buyers but they want to buy for 350 per kg. I just want to be sure how much it is.

Don't go below 400. Some sell for 450 , 500. Etc. But dont take anything less than 400.
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Nobody: 6:48pm On May 25, 2018
williams2600:
Gurus I just read through and found that 100k cannot start pig business n not as a hobby...

I am trying to raise 300k to start mine I have space near my moms poultry and constant water supply and light problem is it's close to the house won't it smell?

Thirdly some ppl are of the opinion that I want to waist 300k on just pigs and it's miaking me fear

Help.....

300 k isnt isn't too much nor too small. It's an Ok price to start your piggery farm provided you have structures.

The number of weaners / growers u wanna buy also determines.

Say you buy 20 weaners for 5k. = 100k. (U can get weaners for lesser price than that and you don't have to buy up to 20)

200k should be ok and more than ok to feed them for the next about 5-6 months when you should be able to get your money back. From sales of your own weaners/ piglets or even some of your table size pigs.
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Nobody: 7:01pm On May 25, 2018
TONY56:

I am really suprised to read all you have said about the farm. In fact, I don't really know what to say again when you claimed that the breed you had that are not pure breeds were even doing better than the "pure breeds" while feeding them mainly with maize and soya beans.

I don't know the owner of the farm nor where the farm that claims to have about 3,000 pigs is but if what you have written about the farm is true and correct, then it's very very unfortunate.

I thought the man being accused of selling runts in the name of pure breeds would have come up with a rejoinder to address the issues raised but it's almost a week now (4days) and nothing has been heard from him.

However, as I wrote before, it's better for those of us who are not experienced enough to identify what we really want to get an experienced farmer to assist us and those who have been patronising good and honest pig farmers should equally let others know of the good pigs purchased from them including their names and contacts to avoid this types of painful experience (if true). Alternatively, intending buyers can ask of anyone who has had dealings with or can vouch for a pig farmer he intends to patronise with such people recommending or advising against such people through a phone no or WhatsApp privately.

Although I am not in a position to confirm the authenticity or otherwise of @Victorfada''s claims but I am sure that there are very dishonest pig farmers on this thread who are really out to defraud unsuspecting people. So we should really shine our eyes. There are also some who act as agents and increase the actual cost of exotic pigs above the seller's price and gets the difference from the owner after you would have paid. Such people will always insist on taking you to the farmer instead of giving you their contacts for you to negotiate directly. Sometimes they always want to know the day you will visit the farm if they are not going to follow you there. So beware

Let me just add that the price of weaners ranges from about 4000-6000. Depending on how good they are and the nature of the farm selling . Some farms will weigh their weaners . Some just give u price .

As to grower. Growers are too expensive for 15k to be honest

As to how you will know a good pig. Mere looking at them, One can tell. As yorubas will say "Arun Oju" ni. Simply meaning that when you see a well fed person or a malnutritioned person, you can tell . Same goes for the pigs.

Another tips is don't go for the last born sets. They are usually the smallest amongst the set of piglets born. If u will buy them. U must beat the price down. They usually don't catch up with other first set born. So you will have to put them in separate places and give them more and extra care.
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Nobody: 7:03pm On May 25, 2018
Pebukster94:
And please how much is the liveweight of pig per kg in the south east??

Don't go lower than 400 per kg

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (122) (Reply)

Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) / Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.