Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,819 members, 7,802,620 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:36 PM

I Will Never Forget My Goal That Was Cancelled Against Nigeria Till I Die - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I Will Never Forget My Goal That Was Cancelled Against Nigeria Till I Die (2100 Views)

Messi Wins The Golden Boot 2012/13: "My Goal Is To Return And Return Fit" / Balotelli And Rossi To Lead Attack Against Nigeria / Ethiopia Will Lose The Match Against Nigeria If? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will Never Forget My Goal That Was Cancelled Against Nigeria Till I Die by Evestar200(f): 12:26pm On Jun 29, 2014
“I will never forget my goal that
was cancelled against Nigeria till
I die” – Dzeko

Edin Dzeko has said that he will
never forget his goal that was
controversially ruled out against
Nigeria, at the 2014 World Cup.
The Bosnia-Herzegovina striker
appeared to be onside, as he
slotted Miralem Pjanic’s pass past
Vincent Enyeama in the 21st
minute of the match with the
score still goalless.
But the New Zealand referee
chalked off the goal and few
minutes later, Osaze Odemwingie
scored the only goal that clinched
victory for the Super Eagles.
Dzeko eventually scored the
opener as Bosnia beat Iran 3-1 in
their last group game of the
tournament, although it mattered
little for them.
“Despite the victory, we go home
sad as we could’ve gone further,”
Dzeko said.
“The goal they cancelled out
against Nigeria, I will remember
until the end of my life.”
Re: I Will Never Forget My Goal That Was Cancelled Against Nigeria Till I Die by Kolade9(m): 12:41pm On Jun 29, 2014
eeya..painful

1 Like

Re: I Will Never Forget My Goal That Was Cancelled Against Nigeria Till I Die by Dhelake: 12:47pm On Jun 29, 2014
That was supposed to be his first World Cup goal... I feel his pain

1 Like

Re: I Will Never Forget My Goal That Was Cancelled Against Nigeria Till I Die by abatically(m): 1:02pm On Jun 29, 2014
Dzeko should get over it already. Yes it was a clean goal but shyte happens all the time in football. That is the beauty of the game until they adopt video technology but then that will slow the game down and take out the excitement. We have seen off side goals wrongly allowed and legitimate goals wrongly ruled out. referee and linesmen are humans and it takes a split second to decide which is offside or not.

Why blame the refree Mr Dzeko, if the linesman didn't raise his flag up referee wouldn't buldge.

1 Like

Re: I Will Never Forget My Goal That Was Cancelled Against Nigeria Till I Die by kayboy4y(m): 1:17pm On Jun 29, 2014
U can go and die. Refs are humans so they can commit error. How many pple have scored off sides goals and yet no further noise was made. In fact go and die again lipsrsealed Dzeko

1 Like

Re: I Will Never Forget My Goal That Was Cancelled Against Nigeria Till I Die by Swash042(m): 1:32pm On Jun 29, 2014
eyah...e pain am grin
Re: I Will Never Forget My Goal That Was Cancelled Against Nigeria Till I Die by jotey(m): 1:35pm On Jun 29, 2014
sorry dzeko I feel ur pains
Re: I Will Never Forget My Goal That Was Cancelled Against Nigeria Till I Die by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jun 29, 2014
Just as we won't forget the numerous offside goals scored by you and your Man City team mates grin

1 Like

Re: I Will Never Forget My Goal That Was Cancelled Against Nigeria Till I Die by jotey(m): 1:41pm On Jun 29, 2014
lol

4 Likes

Re: I Will Never Forget My Goal That Was Cancelled Against Nigeria Till I Die by babakb: 2:24pm On Jun 29, 2014
we managed to qualify by luck, France will teach us lesson 2moro
Re: I Will Never Forget My Goal That Was Cancelled Against Nigeria Till I Die by cheguevera: 2:39pm On Jun 29, 2014
Had Nigeria goal been disallowed. This wankers WOULD HAVE CALLED on every spiritual leader to attack the referee. SEE YOU IN EPL NEXT SEASON

1 Like

Re: I Will Never Forget My Goal That Was Cancelled Against Nigeria Till I Die by Chanchit: 5:26pm On Jun 29, 2014
Baba, #gbagbebosesele... Na 9ja turn, e fit be Bosnia's turn 2mao.
Re: I Will Never Forget My Goal That Was Cancelled Against Nigeria Till I Die by ikeyman00(m): 8:35pm On Jun 29, 2014
@@@

and SE also had one goal against Iran ruled out right?
Re: I Will Never Forget My Goal That Was Cancelled Against Nigeria Till I Die by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jul 05, 2014
cheesy evestar babes finally found u.
Re: I Will Never Forget My Goal That Was Cancelled Against Nigeria Till I Die by Evestar200(f): 4:39pm On Jul 05, 2014
Paradoxxx: cheesy evestar babes finally found u.
how are u doing?
Re: I Will Never Forget My Goal That Was Cancelled Against Nigeria Till I Die by davidif: 7:27am On Aug 06, 2014
kayboy4y: U can go and die. Refs are humans so they can commit error. How many pple have scored off sides goals and yet no further noise was made. In fact go and die again lipsrsealed Dzeko

Wow!!! When you guys lost to France, you guys were whining and complaining about how the ref was unfair to you and yet you are screaming at Dzeko for his goal being disallowed?
Re: I Will Never Forget My Goal That Was Cancelled Against Nigeria Till I Die by Nobody: 10:03am On Aug 06, 2014
Evestar200: “I will never forget my goal that
was cancelled against Nigeria till
I die” – Dzeko

Edin Dzeko has said that he will
never forget his goal that was
controversially ruled out against
Nigeria, at the 2014 World Cup.
The Bosnia-Herzegovina striker
appeared to be onside, as he
slotted Miralem Pjanic’s pass past
Vincent Enyeama in the 21st
minute of the match with the
score still goalless.
But the New Zealand referee
chalked off the goal and few
minutes later, Osaze Odemwingie
scored the only goal that clinched
victory for the Super Eagles.
Dzeko eventually scored the
opener as Bosnia beat Iran 3-1 in
their last group game of the
tournament, although it mattered
little for them.
“Despite the victory, we go home
sad as we could’ve gone further,”
Dzeko said.
“The goal they cancelled out
against Nigeria, I will remember
until the end of my life.”
me too i will never 4get nigeria emenike first goal against france dat was ruled out,we would av win dat macth if it was givin
Re: I Will Never Forget My Goal That Was Cancelled Against Nigeria Till I Die by davidif: 10:47pm On Aug 15, 2014
Olazy239: me too i will never 4get nigeria emenike first goal against france dat was ruled out,we would av win dat macth if it was givin

What?? You do know that Nigeria would probably not have made it out of the group stage had Dzeko's goal being allowed to stand?
Re: I Will Never Forget My Goal That Was Cancelled Against Nigeria Till I Die by Nobody: 7:44am On Aug 16, 2014
davidif:

What?? You do know that Nigeria would probably have made it to the quartefinal had emenike's goal being allowed to stand?

(1) (Reply)

Smouha SC 2-0 Enyimba International. CAF Champions League / STEVEN Gerrard's CAREER Achievements...( What Can You Say About This Legend?) / 1960bet Officially Bankrupt?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.