Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,789 members, 7,802,465 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:54 PM

Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... - TV/Movies (49) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... (160683 Views)

The Legend Of Wale Williams, By Roye-Okupe / Avatar The Last Airbender And Legend Of Korra Lovers / Avatar; The Legend Of Korra Book 4: Balance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Sultan5(m): 12:36pm On Dec 22, 2015
BraniacX:

aang greatest nemesis was a very human firelord ozzai albeit during a comet, a firelord who was bested by zukko in a brief encounter, a firelord who he needed his avatar state and 7th chakra to best, admit it, korra's opponents have got more evil in their little finger than in ozzai's torso

kuvira beat korra yes, but never in avatar state, besides korra's just had the last of the platinum poison removed from her and entered the avatar state for the first time in years plus korra's was very rusty while kuvira was in the form of her life. when they met at the end, korra's beat her without the avatar state and it was only a fight at all because korra's was trying not to harm her

Zuko like i said was the strongest fire bender. N i don't recall him besting his father. Zuko held his own true but to say he best his father was a bit of a stretch. Aang struggled not because he wasn't strong enough but because he was troubld by the prospect of taking a life. But wen he entered the Avatar state he saw things clearer.

I can't believe your still disputing this, well i can't argue what was shown clearly and that was Kuvira beating Korra while in the Avatar state. Yes she was poison or watever but the facts remains. If you don't agree watch it again or Google i don't have time to argue what even a blind man could see.

Lol what do you mean Korras nemesis had more evil in their fingers. Ozai was the ruler of a nation that overthrew Kings, leaders, empires, n all the resistance that showed their little faces and you are saying God knows what. I cant believe we are arguing the evil credentials of Ozai Its ridiculous. Don't have time for this argument either just do a Google search you will see Ozai was a fire bending master not just a small and above average Kuvira
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Sultan5(m): 12:37pm On Dec 22, 2015
[quote author=BraniacX post=41237589]

Just ma 2cent
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by BraniacX(m): 12:38pm On Dec 22, 2015
Sultan5:

Listen Ok the Avatar state in its true formed as shown by Aang is capable of beating any1 or anything whether spiritual or watever. The reason Korra found it difficult was because see never really taped into that side of herself. But Aang did but he den lost it. He regained it @ the ending of his series and beat Ozai very easily.

If Korra struggled to beat Kuvira is it Ozai that she can beat. That Guy had the reminance of the fire comet in him. He is still the strongest human foe in Avatar. Not to mention he was also a tactical genius.

I doubt that you understand the avatar lore at all, korra was struggling with the effects of a poison meant to kill an avatar, not korra, an avatar, any avatar including aang no matter how powerful they are, that she survived the poison itself is a testament to how powerful korra really is, that red lotus airbending guy that poisoned korra told her this himself when korra confronted him with her self doubts, he told her that she should never have survived, but her survival took personal strength beyond those of an avatar since it was the avatar spirit in her that was poisoned, to not only survive but to learn how to stand, walk, do everyday things, bend,fight and reconnect with her avatar spirit again took a lot of personal will that aang lacked, aang always had his friends but this particular struggle, korra fought mostly on her own.
know this, if korra had died from that poison, that would have been the permanent end of the avatar spirit and korra would have been the very last avatar, while flashy and stylish bending combat skills impress you and many others, korra's greatest battles were more monumental and significant as they were fought inside her not outside e.g against unalak when vaattu the avatar spirit was captured and ripped from her, she fought using her own spirit not as an avatar anymore, abeg give korra a lot of credit, she absolutely deserved it.
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Sultan5(m): 12:46pm On Dec 22, 2015
BraniacX:

I doubt that you understand the avatar lore at all, korra was struggling with the effects of a poison meant to kill an avatar, not korra, an avatar, any avatar including aang no matter how powerful they are, that she survived the poison itself is a testament to how powerful korra really is, that red lotus airbending guy that poisoned korra told her this himself when korra confronted him with her self doubts, he told her that she should never have survived, but her survival took personal strength beyond those of an avatar since it was the avatar spirit in her that was poisoned, to not only survive but to learn how to stand, walk, do everyday things, bend,fight and reconnect with her avatar spirit again took a lot of personal will that aang lacked, aang always had his friends but this particular struggle, korra fought mostly on her own.
know this, if korra had died from that poison, that would have been the permanent end of the avatar spirit and korra would have been the very last avatar, while flashy and stylish bending combat skills impress you and many others, korra's greatest battles were more monumental and significant as they were fought inside her not outside e.g against unalak when vaattu the avatar spirit was captured and ripped from her, she fought using her own spirit not as an avatar anymore, abeg give korra a lot of credit, she absolutely deserved it.

C how you are contradicting yourself, the poison was made to kill the avatar not korra and yet it could have killed Korra. Na wao please get your story straight.

I never disputed Korras growth i was only just stating what happened in LoK. N dat was Kuvira beating Korra while in avatar state.

If you read one of my posts you will see where i acknowledged her and bolins growth. She did well no doubt. But to say Aang cant do so aswell is just annoying and naive.
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by BraniacX(m): 12:53pm On Dec 22, 2015
[quote author=Sultan5 post=41238628][/quote]

zukko bested not beat, bested his dad in that underground bunker on the day of the solar eclipse when his father waited until the eclipse passed and threw lightning at him, he bender the lightning back at his father who barely escaped and by the look on ozzai's face, he was both shocked and afraid.

kuvira beat korra but not in the avatar state and any other avatar would have attacked and defeated ozzai long ago (in aang's defence I admit he was still young and untrained so no argument here) but my point is, as opponents go, ozzai wasn't as formidable as Amman, unalak, the red lotus, maybe he can rank with kuvira but korra's enemies had more knowledge than power while aang's had more power than knowledge and I don't know whether or not you agree with me, knowledge coupled with the means to use it is far deadlier than raw power.

1 Like

Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by BraniacX(m): 12:58pm On Dec 22, 2015
Sultan5:

C how you are contradicting yourself, the poison was made to kill the avatar not korra and yet it could have killed Korra. Na wao please get your story straight.

I never disputed Korras growth i was only just stating what happened in LoK. N dat was Kuvira beating Korra while in avatar state.

If you read one of my posts you will see where i acknowledged her and bolins growth. She did well no doubt. But to say Aang cant do so aswell is just annoying and naive.

am not contradicting myself, I said the poison targets raava the avatar spirit and korra's physical body is the house of this spirit, they are inseparably linked, to kill raava is to kill korra chikena! every other avatar that had died in combat before or naturally only died with their physical and mortal bodies, not raava's immortal spirit which left them and went to a new host (avatar) but the poison was designed to kill the immortal spirit itself. like I said, you might not be well versed enough in avatar lore.
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by BraniacX(m): 1:10pm On Dec 22, 2015
Sultan5:

Listen Ok the Avatar state in its true formed as shown by Aang is capable of beating any1 or anything whether spiritual or watever. The reason Korra found it difficult was because see never really taped into that side of herself. But Aang did but he den lost it. He regained it @ the ending of his series and beat Ozai very easily.

If Korra struggled to beat Kuvira is it Ozai that she can beat. That Guy had the reminance of the fire comet in him. He is still the strongest human foe in Avatar.

the same comet that fuelled ozzai's firebending also fuelled aang's firebending too so no excuse there.
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by BraniacX(m): 1:22pm On Dec 22, 2015
Sultan5:

These are things or people team aang can deal with. With ease. D blood bending leader of the equalist was not that strong. The problem was Korra and her fearful self.

Korra beat Unalak with only the help of the light spirit. But Aang has the light spirit together with the strength of more than a 100 Avatar so wat are you saying

So your saying team Aang can't beat that spirit vine machine. Really

I don't really know the exact episode Kuvira beat Korra while in avatar state but it was when Kuvira wanted Toph other daughter and her people to join her new earth Kingdom or watever

Amman not that strong? na wah for you oh! even his younger brother that was not as strong as him beat korra and locked her up, the same way the old water bending lady overpowered aang and sokka, the same way Amman's father overpowered a fully grown fully fledged avatar aang until he entered the avatar state, blood bending is the deadliest form of bending and Amman and his family were so powerful they could bloodbend at anytime even without the full moon which other blood benders drew their powers from so stop joking and saying ozzai is anywhere near Amman abeg, even with a comet, Amman would beat ozzai hands down no argument added to which, Amman could take away a benders bending which is an ability only possessed by aang and the giant lion turtles prior to that, point is, if you're not the avatar, don't ever fight Amman. shocked

and yes am saying team aang would never beat the spirit vine machine and that's because they lack the technology to penetrate the platinum outer hull.
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Sultan5(m): 1:27pm On Dec 22, 2015
BraniacX:

am not contradicting myself, I said the poison targets vaattu the avatar spirit and korra's physical body is the house of this spirit, they are inseparably linked, to kill vaattu is to kill korra chikena! every other avatar that had died in combat before or naturally only died with their physical and mortal bodies, not vaattu's immortal spirit which left them and went to a new host (avatar) but the poison was designed to kill the immortal spirit itself. like I said, you might not be well versed enough in avatar lore.

Please educate me. Since your so well versed in avatar lore watever that means. U keep making me want to bash this girl called Korra.

As per your last post, U still not getting my point, Why did Korra lose her powers and also the connection to the past avatar. She wasn't spiritually trained and she was very insecure.

Aang would never had made such mistakes. The people she fought seemed big and dangerous not because of of their own strength but because of her insecurities and lmpulsiveness.

Aang was calm and collective and he would not have had much problems with these people especially looking @the people behind him. Aang had struggles thats true but Korra always had struggles. She could never get it right the first time and probably not even the second time.

She surviving the poison does not mean Aang couldn't. This is why i say yout not getting me. Aang would have done better.

About Zuko, his father was shocked bt not scared is just like beating a small kid and all of a sudden the kid gave u a superman punch in the face you will be stuned because u did not expect it. Same happened there. N please note redirecting of lighting was not popular den only few could do it. Hence his father's shock buy y didn't zuko stayed and fight because he knew the outcome.

Lastly, Aang was not a physical fighter like Korra he is more on the evading and spiritual side and that is the stronger of the two. With dat together with the avatar state. he could beat all of korras foes. While korra goes in hot headed Aang goes on calmly and @ times in a jovial mood.
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by BraniacX(m): 2:48pm On Dec 22, 2015
Sultan5:

Please educate me. Since your so well versed in avatar lore watever that means. U keep making me want to bash this girl called Korra.

As per your last post, U still not getting my point, Why did Korra lose her powers and also the connection to the past avatar. She wasn't spiritually trained and she was very insecure.

Aang would never had made such mistakes. The people she fought seemed big and dangerous not because of of their own strength but because of her insecurities and lmpulsiveness.

Aang was calm and collective and he would not have had much problems with these people especially looking @the people behind him. Aang had struggles thats true but Korra always had struggles. She could never get it right the first time and probably not even the second time.

She surviving the poison does not mean Aang couldn't. This is why i say yout not getting me. Aang would have done better.

About Zuko, his father was shocked bt not scared is just like beating a small kid and all of a sudden the kid gave u a superman punch in the face you will be stuned because u did not expect it. Same happened there. N please note redirecting of lighting was not popular den only few could do it. Hence his father's shock buy y didn't zuko stayed and fight because he knew the outcome.

Lastly, Aang was not a physical fighter like Korra he is more on the evading and spiritual side and that is the stronger of the two. With dat together with the avatar state. he could beat all of korras foes. While korra goes in hot headed Aang goes on calmly and @ times in a jovial mood.

na wah for you oh! shocked
after watching same thing I watched, you still come back and ask these basic questions, and I have been making a mistake raava is the avatar spirit, vaattu is the rival and opposite and the spirit unalaq used to create the first and only dark avatar. before any avatar, raava and vaattu battled once every ten thousand years to determine which power would dominate for the next ten thousand (forces of good or evil) the guy who became the first avatar was a firebender who intervened in this fight after raava had held vaattu down allowing him to escape and wreck havoc thereby becoming stronger which made raava weaker and weaker, the creation of the avatar was an agreement between them both to stop vaattu together, so while the lionturtles gave him the different types of bending, raava kept those powers for him since as a man, his body could only contain one at a time, to use all four, they both needed harmonic convergence to merge together (raava and the bender) thus creating the first avatar who then became strong enough to defeat and imprison vaattu in the tree of time for ten thousand years till the next harmonic convergence and next great raava-vaattu battle which was why vaattu recruited unalaq to be his avatar and make it an even fight, so the purpose of my long epistle is this, the same conditions that were used to create the first avatar, could also be used to unmake the avatar and that is exactly the condition in which unalaq attempted to unmake the avatar and almost succeeded vis-a-vis harmonic convergence. that was why she lost her powers and her connection to the past avatars because all the ingredients to make that possible were already in place and until korra battled unalaq and vaattu, no other avatar apart from the very first avatar had ever had to battle a purely spiritual arch rival equally potent and equally powerful sad to say she was prepared as an avatar to face mainly physical adversaries not spiritual, and as there was no one that could have taught her the skills she needed in the battle to come except the first avatar whom she didn't even know or recognise when his visions started coming to her and when she fought and defeated vaattu and was about imprisoning him just as she learned from the first avatar, unalaq attacked her from behind and merged with vaattu. so that's why she lost her connection to past avatars

who would have bender out every last trace of the poison from aang's body?

zukko was armed and could have killed his father there but as he replied his father when he challenged him to kill him, you're not mine to kill and zukko ran not because he was afraid of facing his father, but because he. didnt want to, he also wanted to break out his uncle iroh from jail and join aang and crew before his father's men could stop him.

lastly aang was first and foremost an airbender so yes, evasion is his natural fighting style plus he woild be more spiritually inclined than korra who is a physically oriented avatar yet to really engrossing herself in her spiritual training with aang's son, so a spiritually inclined avatar (aang) gets physical enemies and a physically inclined avatar (korra) gets spiritual enemies.
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Ultimatesammie(m): 5:30pm On Dec 22, 2015
Sultan5:

Hmmm you are very cut throat in your resolve. I gave you some facts which you chose to ignore and focus on the struggles of team Aand. You suprise me when you said some without abilities concerning azula team when in season 1 of LoK Korra and her team struggled with people without abilities. Say what you like but Azula was a very tough opponent not just because of her skills and powers but because of her persistence and her willingness to do whatever she could to kill the avatar, coupled with her unstable mental state made her a ruthless opponent.

At the time of this encounter Aang still havent mastered fire bending, that is Zuko hasnt taught him shit yet because they havent even teamed up yet, he hasn't even master water bending all that well and he was struggling with earth as well. This was the first time they encounted these Azula team head on, so they didnt no what to expect, remember when Korra first encountered the equalist she was beaten senseless. That girl without power made things more difficult because team Aang did not Know how to deal with her.

And what made you assume Korra had more control of the avatar estate? Lets be clear on which team Aang your talking about is it the one at the middle of the series or the one at the end. Because at the end Aang had total control of the avatar estate.

You dont have to look far to see an extreme display of power just watch season 1 final. And why are you bringing Naruto into an argument between Aang's team and that of Korra. We are discussing the best tacticians between both teams and you are bringing in Naruto for what. Well i havnt watch naruto and probably never will given that they dont speak English.

Lets get one thing straight we are talking about Team Aang at the final episode of the final season versus team Korra at the final episode of the final season. Aang alone with that 7th chakra unlock could easily take on all of team Korra lol, while Katara n co will just pick off whats left.

My problem with you is that your not appreciating the strength and depth in team Aang at the last episode because they all grew immensely from the silly little kids throughout the series. Katara was at her strongest, so where the others. Team Korra hardly grew, Boilin and korra were the only ones that grew.

Can you honestly say that Bolin's brother can beat Zuko? The Zuko that did away with Azula with relative ease after meeting with the fire dragons

Or that bolin can beat Toph who was trained by earth bending animals?

Can Korra beat Aang with his 7th chakra unlocked?

Its tough to call between Sokka and Asami though.

By the way what do you mean he Aang didnt beat Ozai with his own power or is the Avatar estate no longer part of his power. Its just like saying Hulk cant fight if he doesnt turn green. turning green his what maske him the incredible hulk

But the bottom line is all this can be argued all day. But my singular problem is how dismissive you are of Team Aang. I can easily see team Aang beating all of Korra's foes but can you see Korra beating Ozai. Lets be real please

Technically all the point u said u raised was wen dey got some training by powerful beings (which korra and her team never even had dat) and became powerful nd u just keep making reference to d last episode wat abt episodes be4 dat, team korra never had the kind of training team aang did yet dey did exploits. Aang learned how to open the chakra points from pathik dat old guy in order to master the avatar state did korra hv any of that, him nd zuko got trained by the dragons, did korra hv any of that. U all keep mentioning aangs avatar state at d end peradventure the rock did not hit him to release his 7th chakra point wat wud hv happened wud he have won d way he did,who knows ozai might hv killed. Leave avatar state 4 now lets see how dey wud do without the avatar state. For his teammates toph i always respect shes good, katara did some exploits wen she beat azula at the end i agree yh buh considering that korra's team did not hv extremely exceptional trainers like Aang's team and they were beat powerful foes thats calls for great respect.
Also Aangs team didnt fight azula's team once in season 1 dey fought in other seasons and azula nd co wiped the floor of them still.
Sorry i brought up naruto (in terms of tactics) but wen u eat pumo nd den u try turkey u tend to know theres a big difference, cos after seeing naruto i wouldnt recognize wat i saw in avatar as tactics its just too pale in comparison.
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Sultan5(m): 8:25pm On Dec 22, 2015
Ultimatesammie:

Technically all the point u said u raised was wen dey got some training by powerful beings (which korra and her team never even had dat) and became powerful nd u just keep making reference to d last episode wat abt episodes be4 dat, team korra never had the kind of training team aang did yet dey did exploits. Aang learned how to open the chakra points from pathik dat old guy in order to master the avatar state did korra hv any of that, him nd zuko got trained by the dragons, did korra hv any of that. U all keep mentioning aangs avatar state at d end peradventure the rock did not hit him to release his 7th chakra point wat wud hv happened wud he have won d way he did,who knows ozai might hv killed. Leave avatar state 4 now lets see how dey wud do without the avatar state. For his teammates toph i always respect shes good, katara did some exploits wen she beat azula at the end i agree yh buh considering that korra's team did not hv extremely exceptional trainers like Aang's team and they were beat powerful foes thats calls for great respect.
Also Aangs team didnt fight azula's team once in season 1 dey fought in other seasons and azula nd co wiped the floor of them still.
Sorry i brought up naruto (in terms of tactics) but wen u eat pumo nd den u try turkey u tend to know theres a big difference, cos after seeing naruto i wouldnt recognize wat i saw in avatar as tactics its just too pale in comparison.

Thats why i asked which Aang team and Korra team are we comparing. I am comparing the Aang team of d very last episode with Korra team of d very last episode.

@ that point all the training, lessons and experience all came into focus for team aang at d last episode. They were at their strongest den.

Again which are comparing
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Ultimatesammie(m): 8:36pm On Dec 22, 2015
Sultan5:

Thats why i asked which Aang team and Korra team are we comparing. I am comparing the Aang team of d very last episode with Korra team of d very last episode.

@ that point all the training, lessons and experience all came into focus for team aang at d last episode. They were at their strongest den.

Again which are comparing

ohk im looking at the whole picture from the beginning to d end.
Im looking at the stats of all their battles.
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Sultan5(m): 8:46pm On Dec 22, 2015
BraniacX:

na wah for you oh! shocked
after watching same thing I watched, you still come back and ask these basic questions, and I have been making a mistake raava is the avatar spirit, vaattu is the rival and opposite and the spirit unalaq used to create the first and only dark avatar. before any avatar, raava and vaattu battled once every ten thousand years to determine which power would dominate for the next ten thousand (forces of good or evil) the guy who became the first avatar was a firebender who intervened in this fight after raava had held vaattu down allowing him to escape and wreck havoc thereby becoming stronger which made raava weaker and weaker, the creation of the avatar was an agreement between them both to stop vaattu together, so while the lionturtles gave him the different types of bending, raava kept those powers for him since as a man, his body could only contain one at a time, to use all four, they both needed harmonic convergence to merge together (raava and the bender) thus creating the first avatar who then became strong enough to defeat and imprison vaattu in the tree of time for ten thousand years till the next harmonic convergence and next great raava-vaattu battle which was why vaattu recruited unalaq to be his avatar and make it an even fight, so the purpose of my long epistle is this, the same conditions that were used to create the first avatar, could also be used to unmake the avatar and that is exactly the condition in which unalaq attempted to unmake the avatar and almost succeeded vis-a-vis harmonic convergence. that was why she lost her powers and her connection to the past avatars because all the ingredients to make that possible were already in place and until korra battled unalaq and vaattu, no other avatar apart from the very first avatar had ever had to battle a purely spiritual arch rival equally potent and equally powerful sad to say she was prepared as an avatar to face mainly physical adversaries not spiritual, and as there was no one that could have taught her the skills she needed in the battle to come except the first avatar whom she didn't even know or recognise when his visions started coming to her and when she fought and defeated vaattu and was about imprisoning him just as she learned from the first avatar, unalaq attacked her from behind and merged with vaattu. so that's why she lost her connection to past avatars

who would have bender out every last trace of the poison from aang's body?

zukko was armed and could have killed his father there but as he replied his father when he challenged him to kill him, you're not mine to kill and zukko ran not because he was afraid of facing his father, but because he. didnt want to, he also wanted to break out his uncle iroh from jail and join aang and crew before his father's men could stop him.

lastly aang was first and foremost an airbender so yes, evasion is his natural fighting style plus he woild be more spiritually inclined than korra who is a physically oriented avatar yet to really engrossing herself in her spiritual training with aang's son, so a spiritually inclined avatar (aang) gets physical enemies and a physically inclined avatar (korra) gets spiritual enemies.

You were they one assuming i didnt no the avatar lore or watever. I had no choice but to humor you since you were so eager.

I said Zuko was d strongest firebender, i dont no what else you want me to say concerning dat.

You said who would bend d poison from Aangs body? But den again what makes you think he would have been poisoned in the first place?

And concerning Amon. The same thing Old Aang did to Amon's father is the same thing Young Aang would have done. He was spiritual dat way. So you see why i dismissed him so easily?

When it comes to spiritual enemies Aang will always be better than Korra. Because even her friends cant help her. But when it comes to physical enemies Aang may struggle but he wont mind when he has people like Zuko and Toph behind him.

Korra is good but her spiritual weakness caused so much harm. Aang's physical freity affected but he had people who were physically strong beside him. But Korra doesnt really have that luxury spiritualy.

Thats why i said Aangs team would do better if they were in said situations.

If you dont agree fine lets agree to disagree
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Sultan5(m): 8:51pm On Dec 22, 2015
Ultimatesammie:

ohk im looking at the whole picture from the beginning to d end.
Im looking at the stats of all their battles.

So we are different pages then.
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by pasqal09: 12:51am On Dec 23, 2015
BraniacX:

in what avatar state did kuvira whip korra's as$?
I guess you didn't watch the final book
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by pasqal09: 12:53am On Dec 23, 2015
BraniacX:

you're kidding right? undecided

where then would you put king bunmi, avatar kyoshi and many others?

and yes I did see her threaten kuvira and she was awesome, but have you seen king bunmi earthbending without his hands?

Bros, we all knw that toph is the one. No arguing abeg
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by pasqal09: 12:56am On Dec 23, 2015
Ultimatesammie:

Aang was thought about the avatar state and how to open the 7 chakras of his body be4 he cud master the chakra and wen fire lord ozai was attacking him the pointed edge of the rock dat hit is injury unlocked the 7th chakra point which gv him enormous power.
Korra never had any1 like that to teach her dat infact she had problems in meditating at 1st, and it wasnt until Aang unlocked her power nd probably bestowed on her basic knowledge abt the avatar state be4 she could use it well and that made her more in sync with her avatar state, she was more in control of it (unlike Aang who used it unconsciously manifesting as a representation of his past lives which made him powerful) but she didnt master it.

Emmm you already said it urself

She's a lousy avatar.
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by pasqal09: 12:57am On Dec 23, 2015
Ultimatesammie:

Are u kidding, ure talking of her older version, more experienced nd more powerful how wont she beat kuvira infact add korah and d rest im sure she wud beat dem, shes obviously better she has faced more battles at dat age. Wait are u all comparing the older version of aangs team to korah's team cos that wud just be silly.

A younger toph would still trash kuvira
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Ultimatesammie(m): 1:33am On Dec 23, 2015
pasqal09:

She's a lousy avatar.

Never said she was a lousy avatar I said Aang had some1 to teach him d mastery of d avatar state.
I also said wat do u think wud hv happened if d pointy rock didnt hit Aang's injuru enabling him to go to d avatar state, do u think he wud hv won.
Its like all u guys argument is based on Aang's last avatar's state which is very sad cos if he cant fight very well without dat wat kind of an avatar is he.
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by pasqal09: 5:31am On Dec 23, 2015
Ultimatesammie:

Never said she was a lousy avatar I said Aang had some1 to teach him d mastery of d avatar state.
I also said wat do u think wud hv happened if d pointy rock didnt hit Aang's injuru enabling him to go to d avatar state, do u think he wud hv won.
Its like all u guys argument is based on Aang's last avatar's state which is very sad cos if he cant fight very well without dat wat kind of an avatar is he.

I never saw Korra fight very well in her avatar state too. Ppl still whooped her ass in it.
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by KaffyK(f): 7:32am On Dec 23, 2015
I prefer the first Avatar

1 Like

Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by KaffyK(f): 7:32am On Dec 23, 2015
Exactly!
pasqal09:

She's a lousy avatar.

Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by BraniacX(m): 10:52pm On Dec 23, 2015
Sultan5:

You were they one assuming i didnt no the avatar lore or watever. I had no choice but to humor you since you were so eager.

I said Zuko was d strongest firebender, i dont no what else you want me to say concerning dat.
like seriously? undecided
where will you place iroh, aang's first fire bending master, azula(yes azula!) among others?

You said who would bend d poison from Aangs body? But den again what makes you think he would have been poisoned in the first place?

now isn't that a funny question?
the same reason for which korra was poisoned on the first place will be the obvious and simplest answer though not the only one, self sacrifice and duty as the avatar unless you are about to prove to me that unlike korra, aang would have broken free from the platinum chains and manacles and prevented himself from being poisoned undecided

And concerning Amon. The same thing Old Aang did to Amon's father is the same thing Young Aang would have done. He was spiritual dat way. So you see why i dismissed him so easily?

oh I see shocked
aang would just have popped into his avatar state at will and taken out Amman because aang was so in control of his entry and exit from the avatar state so he could do it at will by flicking his fingers and that is why azula was able to strike him with lightning while he was struggling to enter the avatar state undecided oh! and also, aang was also so in control of his actions while he was in the avatar state and that is why rokku always had to come and pull his spirit away on his dragon to prevent him from doing further damage while lecturing him on control angry now I get you, aang was so spiritual that way undecided so let me join you in dismissing Amman as a threat seeing how well aang was handling that old southern waterbending lady who was bloodbending him and zukko like puppets until katara came! mtcheeeew!

When it comes to spiritual enemies Aang will always be better than Korra. Because even her friends cant help her. But when it comes to physical enemies Aang may struggle but he wont mind when he has people like Zuko and Toph behind him.

there are spiritual enemies and there is vaattu you'll be doing korra a great injustice by just calling vaattu a(another) spiritual enemy.

FACT!
only two I repeat TWO avatars ever faced vaattu and they are the very first avatar and korra, vaattu is a once in ten thousand years spiritual archival and lest I forget, vaattu is the reason the avatar was created in the very first place.

Korra is good but her spiritual weakness caused so much harm. Aang's physical freity affected but he had people who were physically strong beside him. But Korra doesnt really have that luxury spiritualy.

what spiritual weakness? yes she wasn't spiritually inclined but she always finds a way in the end and besides, she has many sources of spiritual guidance from master tensin, the white lotus, general iroh even firelord zukko so how is it that she lacks spiritually the physical luxury of zukko and toph that you claim aang has?

Thats why i said Aangs team would do better if they were in said situations.

If you dont agree fine lets agree to disagree

do better? undecided I don't think so @ all so fine! let's disagree.
but please answer my first question, who would have bended the poison out of aang in the first place?
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by BraniacX(m): 10:58pm On Dec 23, 2015
pasqal09:

Bros, we all knw that toph is the one. No arguing abeg

who's we? undecided

hope you're not counting me among sha?

so i'll come out clear with this simple statement, toph vs bumi, bumi wins chikena! remember who told aang to get a teacher who watches and listens with his feet?
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by pasqal09: 5:04am On Dec 24, 2015
BraniacX:

in what avatar state did kuvira whip korra's as$?

Are u sure you've seen the series?
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Csami(m): 10:14am On Dec 24, 2015
Kuvira wooped korra's ass and she ran like a little b!tch.

Compare Kuvira and her platinum robot against fire lord ozzai during sozin's comet.
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Ultimatesammie(m): 5:42pm On Dec 24, 2015
Csami:
Kuvira wooped korra's ass and she ran like a little b!tch.

Compare Kuvira and her platinum robot against fire lord ozzai during sozin's comet.
U say it like u didnt know wat she was going through, she was psychologically and emotionally unstable how do u expect her to fight in that state.
Also the rock that hit Aang in the last fight was wat saved his life by opening the 7th chakra if not tell me how was he gonna defeat sozin.
Ure comparing a mecha robot that was nearly indestructable and had a blast ray which was extremely deadly to one mad human being like that, come on man.
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by lordprogress: 9:18pm On Dec 24, 2015
hmm
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by lordprogress: 10:08pm On Dec 24, 2015
Like i said korra was great until the last episode when her butt was kicked by kuvira even in the avatar state and as for the vilian korra faced
amon dont make me laugh as weak mako was able to take on amon and korra defeated him with air amon is no match for the gang(aang team is you did not start this topic from the begining.
Kuvira lets not talk about her she was weak but i dont undestand her she defeated korra and korra ran like a kid just seeing a ghost.
As for the red lotas zaheer not that great even tenzin was beating the living soul out of him before they teamed up against him and comeon mi ghui dissapionted me mako beating her what a weakling she turned out to be ghuzan was tieing with bolin and why will aang be poisoned korra was defeated before she was poisoned and after poisoned she could have done better with the avatar state that shows how awful her avatar state was
the only real vilian would be unibatu i must admit that was the best of korra that 2nd series she was amazing not that avatar whose ass was kicked when they captured bolin like i said unibatu was the only true vilian she faced
and as for mako what a joke against zuko are they match up the mako who was the weakest in korras group i may consider bolin but not mako his fighting where awful give me a break
merry chrismas to the avatar fans cant wait for the chicken lol
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Csami(m): 12:14am On Dec 25, 2015
Ultimatesammie:

U say it like u didnt know wat she was going through, she was psychologically and emotionally unstable how do u expect her to fight in that state.
Also the rock that hit Aang in the last fight was wat saved his life by opening the 7th chakra if not tell me how was he gonna defeat sozin.
Ure comparing a mecha robot that was nearly indestructable and had a blast ray which was extremely deadly to one mad human being like that, come on man.

Ozzai on Sozin's comet will melt platinum robot
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by cao(f): 12:49am On Dec 25, 2015
pasqal09:

Aang in his avatar state was terrifying!
We all knw how he wiped an entire fire nation navy fleet in the end of book one when he entered the avatar state. While Korra had her ass whooped by kuvira even in her avatar state. So pathetic.....
Some of you keep forgetting that Korra lost her connection to all the previous Avatars, when Ravaa was extracted from her. And you've clearly forgotten that when Aang was in the Avatar State, he obviously had his connection to all the past Avatars, hence why they've even been able to take over his body (eg Roku in the Temple & Kyoshi during the trial). Plus, Aang had the added benefit of being a monk/airbender with a strong spiritual connection.

When Korra was in the Avatar State with Kuvira, she had only just recently got it back after 3 years of extreme rehabilitation and she had NO connection whatsoever with the past Avatars, she might have had the power, but certainly not the experience and her mental state was not exactly at its best. Plus, Korra's general spiritual connection was terrible especially when compared to Aang's monk level spiritual-ness.

So, your argument is invalid.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (Reply)

20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget / The Best Seasonal Movies Ever Produced In America. What Do You Say? / One Piece (anime/manga)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 145
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.