Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,353 members, 7,800,706 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:44 AM

Stella Oduah Recieves Aviation Stakeholders Award For Uncommon Transformation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stella Oduah Recieves Aviation Stakeholders Award For Uncommon Transformation (1793 Views)

Ozurigbo Praised For Uncommon Representation / My Take On Stella Oduah's Fake MBA Degree - Femi Fani-kayode / Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stella Oduah Recieves Aviation Stakeholders Award For Uncommon Transformation by waternogetenemy: 1:20pm On Jun 29, 2014
Former Aviation Minister, Stakeholders Meet to Appraise Transformation in Sector

27 Jun 2014
Font Size: a / A
2233-Stella-Oduah.jpg - 2233-Stella-Oduah.jpg
Stella Oduah

Chinedu Eze

Former Minister of Aviation, Felix Hyatt, has commended the federal government for its commitment in the infrastructural transformation of the industry, but thumbed down the plan to merge the aviation agencies.

Hyatt said that he was impressed by the positive changes being witnessed at the nation’s airports and urged government to make every effort to ensure that the projects which are yet to be completed were completed.

The former Minister who was the chairman of the occasion when aviation stakeholders gave award to the immediate past Minister of Aviation, Stella Oduah for her transformation of the sector, said although he had not met Oduah before but when he was invited to chair the event he accepted because of the positive changes she brought to the industry.

“I came here not because I have had any personal dealing with the Princess, but I saw something that she did which is worth celebrating. Let us recognise the positive qualities of our fellow country men and women.

"These facilities she put together are our own and she made these efforts in order for us to feel better when we get to our airports,” Hyatt said.

He however disagreed with the federal government for the plan to merge the Nigeria Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA), the Nigeria Airspace Management Agency (NAMA) and the Nigeria Meteorological Agency (NIMET), saying that the merger would diminish the regulatory powers of NCAA and added that the agencies would serve the country better if left on their own.

The former Minister also called on the private sector to invest more in the industry, noting that in air transport sector government's involvement and investment needed to be minimal as a corporate legal framework should be in place to attract investors.

"I join my voice to the voices of other stakeholders to congratulate Princes Stella Oduah for her immerse contribution to the growth of aviation in Nigeria. Today we can be proud of our airports as Nigerians. It is one thing to build an edifice, it is another thing to maintain it, so as Nigerians, we must make sure that we maintain and make proper use of the airport facilities." he said.

Also speaking at the event, Chief Executive Officer of Finum Aviation Services Sheri Kyare said that there were a lot of aviation industry pilots and engineers who are unemployed noting that the federal government should assist them so that they could be gainfully employed.

Kyari pointed that out that unemployment was one of the major challenges in the aviation sector just as he advised airline operators to work together in finding solutions to the numerous problems bedevilling the sector.

He noted that the main reason for the occasion was to celebrate with the Former Minister of Aviation, Oduah whose giant strides in the aviation sector has brought a lot of development to the country.

According to him, Odauh was the Minister who was able to convince the federal government to release funds for the remodelling of the 22 airports across the country, adding that at this stage that she has stepped aside, government should ensure that those projects are fully completed.

"The tenure of Stella Oduah was the only period that we have seen massive development in the aviation industry since the past forty years. We thanked her for bringing Aviation Road Map. In the past we used to have five-year development plan but it was cancelled by General Ibrahim Babangida administration. She has done a great job in the aviation industry,” Kyari said.

The high point of the event was the presentation of the Award of Excellence by Aviation Stakeholders to the Former Minister of Aviation, Princes Stella Odauh for her hard work and dedication.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/former-aviation-minister-stakeholders-meet-to-appraise-transformation-in-sector/181983/

1 Like

Re: Stella Oduah Recieves Aviation Stakeholders Award For Uncommon Transformation by waternogetenemy: 1:21pm On Jun 29, 2014
Counting the awards... Stella is truily a hero.

10 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah Recieves Aviation Stakeholders Award For Uncommon Transformation by onihaxy: 1:54pm On Jun 29, 2014
Noted
Re: Stella Oduah Recieves Aviation Stakeholders Award For Uncommon Transformation by VICTORCIZA(m): 5:09pm On Jun 29, 2014
an honour well deserved

2 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah Recieves Aviation Stakeholders Award For Uncommon Transformation by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jun 29, 2014
What transformation? Why are Nigerians so complacent? Why do they celebrate mediocrity?

Has anyone been to Lagos Airport, one of the supposedly best airport in Nigeria, recently? That's what you guys call transformation? Wow!

1 Like

Re: Stella Oduah Recieves Aviation Stakeholders Award For Uncommon Transformation by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jun 29, 2014
Airports with dirty buckets situated in the middle of the welcoming center to hold water dripping from its ceiling?

Airport with no A/C and No light?

Airport where I'm asked to pay for 6 strips of tissue paper at the restroom entrance?

Airport where there's no soap?

Airport where the toilets are so dirty it makes you want to hold your pee till you get home or on the plane?

shiorrrrrrrrrrrrrrr transformation ko
Re: Stella Oduah Recieves Aviation Stakeholders Award For Uncommon Transformation by waternogetenemy: 5:28pm On Jun 29, 2014
Ilekere: Airports with dirty buckets situated in the middle of the welcoming center to hold water dripping from its ceiling?
Airport with no A/C and No light?
Airport where I'm asked to pay for 6 strips of tissue paper at the restroom entrance?
Airport where there's no soap?
Airport where the toilets are so dirty it makes you want to hold your pee till you get home or on the plane?
shiorrrrrrrrrrrrrrr transformation ko

So, who is to blame for Nigeria's poor maintenance culture?

Stella deserves the award for transformation during her tenure.

Maintenance is a different kettle of fish and responsibility of the new Aviation Minister.

know wat u blame people for and give recognition(credit) where it is due.

3 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah Recieves Aviation Stakeholders Award For Uncommon Transformation by Nobody: 5:35pm On Jun 29, 2014
waternogetenemy:

So, who is to blame for Nigeria's poor maintenance culture.

Stella deserves the award for transformation during her tenure. Maintenance is a different kettle of fish.

know wat u blame people for and give recognition(credit) where it is due.

Maintenance?

The only thing that changed in MIA since 2005 was the location of the immigration desk.

They're still using cardboards to separate one office from another.

The baggage center looks old and dirty like I remembered years ago.

Stella hasn't done anything.

Nothing to lessen corruption in the aviation sector. In fact, she builds it up.
Re: Stella Oduah Recieves Aviation Stakeholders Award For Uncommon Transformation by waternogetenemy: 9:52pm On Jun 29, 2014
Ilekere:

Maintenance?

The only thing that changed in MIA since 2005 was the location of the immigration desk.

They're still using cardboards to separate one office from another.

The baggage center looks old and dirty like I remembered years ago.

Stella hasn't done anything.

Nothing to lessen corruption in the aviation sector. In fact, she builds it up.

Please try harder becos the evidence on ground speaks volumes. Here are some pics of the extension of terminal one MMA and the Second terminal currently under construction alongside the VIP General Aviation terminal constructed. kindly compare to Lagos Airport Documentary by Channel 4 UK duing OBJ.

If i may ask, where were you to criticise the Government then? U are here to rant about Lagos airport when the project is a nation wide remodelling of 28 airports from Kano to Calabar, Benin to Lagos Ibadan etc.

Like, i said be grateful and give credit where it is due.

2 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah Recieves Aviation Stakeholders Award For Uncommon Transformation by waternogetenemy: 9:54pm On Jun 29, 2014
Here is the baggage center u called old and dirty. New and Clean

2 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah Recieves Aviation Stakeholders Award For Uncommon Transformation by waternogetenemy: 9:55pm On Jun 29, 2014
Stella deserves her award and only a tribalist would say otherwise. shame on you! tongue

3 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah Recieves Aviation Stakeholders Award For Uncommon Transformation by waternogetenemy: 10:00pm On Jun 29, 2014
Yorubas should stop destroying Nigeria with tribalism. A minister remodels our airport just because they are not yoruba, u start telling lies on them. A president builds our economy, just becos they are not yoruba you call him abusive names.sad!

4 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah Recieves Aviation Stakeholders Award For Uncommon Transformation by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jun 29, 2014
waternogetenemy:

Please try harder becos the evidence on ground speaks volumes. Here are some pics of the extension of terminal one MMA and the Second terminal currently under construction alongside the VIP General Aviation terminal constructed. kindly compare to Lagos Airport Documentary by Channel 4 UK duing OBJ.

If i may ask, where were you to criticise the Government then? U are here to rant about Lagos airport when the project is a nation wide remodelling of 28 airports from Kano to Calabar, Benin to Lagos Ibadan etc.

Like, i said be grateful and give credit where it is due.

Way to prove your point by posting unrealistic graphics and terrible reality.

Government "ask billions for a project, completes project with only millions of it, then pockets the rest as personal reward" of Nigeria.

Funny thing is, I'm sure you've never been to any of these remodeled airports. The whole world is laughing at the junk yards you call airports.
Re: Stella Oduah Recieves Aviation Stakeholders Award For Uncommon Transformation by Nobody: 10:12pm On Jun 29, 2014
waternogetenemy: Here is the baggage center u called old and dirty. New and Clean

I was there on May 22st 2014 and it was dirty, dusty with buckets to collect water from leaky roof.

Only 1 of the baggage claim rack was working, my friend.

The only welcome Nigerians get is the hot, humid and steamy heat that slaps our face as soon as we exit the gate.
Re: Stella Oduah Recieves Aviation Stakeholders Award For Uncommon Transformation by waternogetenemy: 10:15pm On Jun 29, 2014
Ilekere:
I was there on May 21st 2014 and it was dirty, dusty with buckets to collect water from leaky roof.
Only 1 of the baggage claim rack was working, my friend.

Dat is a lie and on that note, i go to sleep I was at the airport far more recently and all in order.

The glass building is the second terminal presently under construction alongside the Abuja terminal 2, nothing in all the pictures I have posted is unrealistic.
Re: Stella Oduah Recieves Aviation Stakeholders Award For Uncommon Transformation by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jun 29, 2014
waternogetenemy:

Dat is a lie and on that note, i go to sleep I was at the airport far more recently and all in order.

The glass building is the second terminal presently under construction alongside the Abuja terminal 2, nothing in all the pictures I have posted is unrealistic.

I don't need to lie to recant my traumatic ordeal at "one of the best" acclaimed Nigerian International airports.

The exit of the airport is so dirty and dusty that the bottom of my grey skirt turned to brown. Let's not forget the persistent and rude "do you want a taxi" beggars and the robbers waiting for someone to let their guard down.

And what is up with your "get to the airport 5hrs before plane departure" rule? Where da Bleep do they do that at? Thieves all of you!
Re: Stella Oduah Recieves Aviation Stakeholders Award For Uncommon Transformation by Nobody: 10:28pm On Jun 29, 2014
Nigerian aviation indeed needs thorough reformation and I doubt Stella is the person for that job. Her satisfaction lies in finding sneaky ways to escape justice for her corruptions.

For instance, we have more than 10 airports in Nigeria, she reforms one or two with money given to reform all 10. Same pictures are splashed all over the web as "evident" that she is "working".

The day I left that Nigerian airport was the happiest day in June for me.
Re: Stella Oduah Recieves Aviation Stakeholders Award For Uncommon Transformation by waternogetenemy: 7:04am On Jun 30, 2014
Ilekere:
I don't need to lie to recant my traumatic ordeal at "one of the best" acclaimed Nigerian International airports.
The exit of the airport is so dirty and dusty that the bottom of my grey skirt turned to brown. Let's not forget the persistent and rude "do you want a taxi" beggars and the robbers waiting for someone to let their guard down.
And what is up with your "get to the airport 5hrs before plane departure" rule? Where da Bleep do they do that at? Thieves all of you!

Ilekere: Nigerian aviation indeed needs thorough reformation and I doubt Stella is the person for that job. Her satisfaction lies in finding sneaky ways to escape justice for her corruptions.
For instance, we have more than 10 airports in Nigeria, she reforms one or two with money given to reform all 10. Same pictures are splashed all over the web as "evident" that she is "working".

Well, a child must crawl before they work. All u have listed are considered peripheral problems. Stella dealt with the core problems. I mean the remodelling. it is for the New Minister of aviation to deal with the peripheral problems as u stated. I doubt they are as challenging as core problems.

Are we in agreement? Just say(admit) it, Stella did well. go on! kiss
Re: Stella Oduah Recieves Aviation Stakeholders Award For Uncommon Transformation by Calculia: 5:37pm On Jun 30, 2014
Lagos airport has improved.
Re: Stella Oduah Recieves Aviation Stakeholders Award For Uncommon Transformation by dontjealousme: 7:13pm On Jun 30, 2014
Ilekere: Nigerian aviation indeed needs thorough reformation and I doubt Stella is the person for that job. Her satisfaction lies in finding sneaky ways to escape justice for her corruptions.

What part of ex-aviation minister dont u get. Since she left the aviation sector is returning to its old, run down and dilapidated sector. Trust u will not to complain as long as the minister is from a particular tribe.

(1) (Reply)

APC Will Lose Lagos If... —stakeholders / Nigerian Military To Court-martial Over 100 Soldiers For Cowardice / APC/BUHARI Fans,pls Explain This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.