Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,316 members, 7,808,067 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:30 AM

This Is Not Fair, How Come You Can Send A Message To Science But Not Nairaland? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / This Is Not Fair, How Come You Can Send A Message To Science But Not Nairaland? (1118 Views)

Message To Nairaland Programmers On Programming and Success / VOTE: Seun Add Direct Message To Nairaland / Adding Flash Message To Your Laravel Application Easy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Is Not Fair, How Come You Can Send A Message To Science But Not Nairaland? by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jun 29, 2014
I noticed you can actually send a message to science aka Science/Technology board - https://www.nairaland.com/science
(whether he is a forum member or the parent category of programming,computers,webmasters i canna tell).
But i cannot send a message to https://www.nairaland.com/nairaland ?
Re: This Is Not Fair, How Come You Can Send A Message To Science But Not Nairaland? by adexsimply(m): 7:12pm On Jun 29, 2014
*dhtml:
I noticed you can actually send a message to science aka Science/Technology board - https://www.nairaland.com/science
(whether he is a forum member or the parent category of programming,computers,webmasters i canna tell).
But i cannot send a message to https://www.nairaland.com/nairaland ?
lol. I noticed that today. I still don't understand how a section suddenly became a member grin
Re: This Is Not Fair, How Come You Can Send A Message To Science But Not Nairaland? by Vstuffs(m): 7:19pm On Jun 29, 2014
Me too
I have to follow the member(science)
Re: This Is Not Fair, How Come You Can Send A Message To Science But Not Nairaland? by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jun 29, 2014
this has been a long time design flaw which should have been corrected way back
the usual convention is site.com/users/username to prevent name-category collisions.

nairaland maintaining this current pattern means if tommorrow he want to have a dhtml section, he has to either delete mr dhtml or rename him to something else against his wish

this is similar to saving your images in the same root folder as your application files, all clogged up together.
Re: This Is Not Fair, How Come You Can Send A Message To Science But Not Nairaland? by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jun 29, 2014
This pattern of coding e get as e be.
Re: This Is Not Fair, How Come You Can Send A Message To Science But Not Nairaland? by webcalculator(m): 10:28pm On Jun 29, 2014
Re: This Is Not Fair, How Come You Can Send A Message To Science But Not Nairaland? by Seun(m): 10:55pm On Jun 29, 2014
Fixed.
Re: This Is Not Fair, How Come You Can Send A Message To Science But Not Nairaland? by webcalculator(m): 10:59pm On Jun 29, 2014
Re: This Is Not Fair, How Come You Can Send A Message To Science But Not Nairaland? by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jun 29, 2014
Seun: Fixed.
Wow! just like that? this na oyinbo magic!

Hmn, lemme go and find anoda things. This is better than just trolling aimlessly.
Re: This Is Not Fair, How Come You Can Send A Message To Science But Not Nairaland? by sisqology(m): 9:35am On Jun 30, 2014
lols
Re: This Is Not Fair, How Come You Can Send A Message To Science But Not Nairaland? by Seun(m): 2:03pm On Jun 30, 2014
Re: This Is Not Fair, How Come You Can Send A Message To Science But Not Nairaland? by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jul 01, 2014
zz
Re: This Is Not Fair, How Come You Can Send A Message To Science But Not Nairaland? by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jul 02, 2014
Seen it and *died*
Re: This Is Not Fair, How Come You Can Send A Message To Science But Not Nairaland? by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jul 02, 2014
Re: This Is Not Fair, How Come You Can Send A Message To Science But Not Nairaland? by webcalculator(m): 5:20pm On Jul 08, 2014
This is bad routing configuration.

(1) (Reply)

Free Software In Nigeria / How To Get The Dimensions (width And Height) Of An Image From The Image Url / How To Create And Manage A Database

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.