Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,949 members, 7,799,221 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:08 PM

Constructive Feedback On This Layout - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Constructive Feedback On This Layout (4466 Views)

Feedback On Granite Supply From Smiley001 / What Is The Estimated Cost For Flooring And Interlocking This Layout / 3 Story Building(8 Flats Of 3 Bedroom Flats Each)for N50m In Achara Layout Enugu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Constructive Feedback On This Layout by gabbytabby: 7:32pm On Jun 29, 2014
I have made attempts to flesh out the layout and this is the detailing that I have been able to put together.

For the 2 bedrooms, in order to put in a second toilet, I am able to draw out the stairs into the outer area but I am not presently convinced that a second toilet is that essential.

This is a 90ft by 60ft plot.

Comments are welcomed.

Re: Constructive Feedback On This Layout by gabbytabby: 7:33pm On Jun 29, 2014
2 bedrooms

Re: Constructive Feedback On This Layout by gabbytabby: 7:35pm On Jun 29, 2014
1 bedrooms

Re: Constructive Feedback On This Layout by gabbytabby: 9:05pm On Jun 30, 2014
bump
Re: Constructive Feedback On This Layout by gabbytabby: 7:20pm On Jul 02, 2014
I know say people are busy trying to put together old threads please spare some time for this bo.

Diordaves, deking et al
Re: Constructive Feedback On This Layout by Chekitaut: 9:26am On Jul 04, 2014
Essential Concrete producing formular

Cement + Granite + Granite Dust(Stone Dust) + Water(avoid salty water)

Concrete is the strength of building construction works.

Stone dust is cheap do not be deceived.

N.B Salt is a catalyst that promote rapid rusting of reinforcement(iron) in concrete, avoid it to a zero level
Re: Constructive Feedback On This Layout by deking(m): 1:00pm On Jul 04, 2014
I think my take any day will always be that for a well maintained 2 bedroom apartment a second bath or toilet is a luxury. I will take out more time to study the sketch and give a more detailed contribution.
Re: Constructive Feedback On This Layout by segcymoor(m): 7:11pm On Jul 04, 2014
Ma, you see their is a thin line between Architecture and building plan: from this plan one needs to pass through living room to access toilet. Consider it!
Re: Constructive Feedback On This Layout by gabbytabby: 8:52pm On Jul 04, 2014
segcy.moor:
Ma, you see their is a thin line between Architecture and building plan: from this plan one needs to pass through living room to access toilet. Consider it!

Thanks Oga segcymoor,

I dont quite understand what you are trying to tell me. This is a 2 bed flat such that I am assuming that whoever needs to use the toilet is already in the flat either in the living room or the bedrooms. I doubt that they will be opening up their home for a passerby to use hence what is really wrong in doing that.

Would I do it this way if I was building for myself no but when it comes to an investment property one has to watch what the sealing rents for an area is and build accordingly.

I could use part of the storage as a second smaller toilet but I am still not yet convinced that it is really necessary.

If you are talking of the one beds priority was given to layout but one could change location of kitchen versus toilet.
Re: Constructive Feedback On This Layout by gabbytabby: 8:56pm On Jul 04, 2014
Chekitaut: Essential Concrete producing formular

Cement + Granite + Granite Dust(Stone Dust) + Water(avoid salty water)

Concrete is the strength of building construction works.

Stone dust is cheap do not be deceived.

N.B Salt is a catalyst that promote rapid rusting of reinforcement(iron) in concrete, avoid it to a zero level

Oga chekitaut iya ijebu don do her investigation and we are in business for the most part.
Re: Constructive Feedback On This Layout by mufutau55(m): 9:07pm On Jul 04, 2014
gabbytabby:
Thanks Oga segcymoor,
I dont quite understand what you are trying to tell me. This is a 2 bed flat such that I am assuming that whoever needs to use the toilet is already in the flat either in the living room or the bedrooms. I doubt that they will be opening up their home for a passerby to use hence what is really wrong in doing that.

Mama Gabby, the above is to the advantage of the Property Owner not to the Renter... I will not personally not rent an apartment that I will
have to walk thru the Livingroom before going into the toilets.. imagine if I have visitors visiting... no good. So I can see what Segcy is trying to say.

Hajji M.
Re: Constructive Feedback On This Layout by gabbytabby: 9:28pm On Jul 04, 2014
mufutau55:

Mama Gabby, the above is to the advantage of the Property Owner not to the Renter... I will not personally not rent an apartment that I will
have to walk thru the Livingroom before going into the toilets.. imagine if I have visitors visiting... no good. So I can see what Segcy is trying to say.

Hajji M.

I take it you are referring to the 1 beds. Point noted and I will swap the position of the toilet and kitchen and try to rejig a little.
Re: Constructive Feedback On This Layout by segcymoor(m): 9:30pm On Jul 04, 2014
Do work it out in this manner.....U wont regret it!

Re: Constructive Feedback On This Layout by mufutau55(m): 9:45pm On Jul 04, 2014
segcy.moor:

Very good Segcy.

Hajji M.
Re: Constructive Feedback On This Layout by mufutau55(m): 9:48pm On Jul 04, 2014
gabbytabby:

I take it you are referring to the 1 beds. Point noted and I will swap the position of the toilet and kitchen and try to rejig a little.

Yes. the 1 Bedroom... As a novice, I don't see anything wrong with the 2 Bedrooms; but Architect may though...

Hajji M.
Re: Constructive Feedback On This Layout by Chekitaut: 9:51pm On Jul 04, 2014
gabbytabby:

Oga chekitaut iya ijebu don do her investigation and we are in business for the most part.
Lol ...Iya Ijebu na wa 4 u ooooooo, investigation ke, u mean you go dey carry out investigation. No wahala we dey wait. Jah bless mummmmmmyyyyyyyy
Re: Constructive Feedback On This Layout by gabbytabby: 9:58pm On Jul 04, 2014
Chekitaut: Lol ...Iya Ijebu na wa 4 u ooooooo, investigation ke, u mean you go dey carry out investigation. No wahala we dey wait. Jah bless mummmmmmyyyyyyyy

No take me joke oh grin grin. I don ask 2 block makers for the low down.
Re: Constructive Feedback On This Layout by Chekitaut: 10:20pm On Jul 04, 2014
gabbytabby:

No take me joke oh grin grin. I don ask 2 block makers for the low down.
If you are using hand mold block, make you concrete form work before the setting of blocks.

1. bricklayers always reduce the size of the columns and is dangerous
2. Weight of the beam or slab can bring about cracking on the blocks in the future.

Hand mold block are not well compact.
Re: Constructive Feedback On This Layout by gabbytabby: 10:31pm On Jul 04, 2014
Chekitaut: If you are using hand mold block, make you concrete form work before the setting of blocks.

1. bricklayers always reduce the size of the columns and is dangerous
2. Weight of the beam or slab can bring about cracking on the blocks in the future.

Hand mold block are not well compact.

I only use machine made block but was just confirming the price of 30 ton granite dust as I have not used it before and I noticed how you don change the price.
Re: Constructive Feedback On This Layout by gabbytabby: 10:48pm On Jul 04, 2014
segcy.moor:

If I read your one correctly it will make 8 units of 1 beds on a 90 by 60ft plot.

The one in my plan above is actually four 1 beds and four 2 beds.
Re: Constructive Feedback On This Layout by gabbytabby: 8:01am On Aug 24, 2014
The measurement of the whole site is actually 137ft by67ft such that we are working with a plan of 8 two beds and 4 one beds
Re: Constructive Feedback On This Layout by gabbytabby: 11:24am On Sep 19, 2014
Whole site layout.

Re: Constructive Feedback On This Layout by gabbytabby: 11:26am On Sep 19, 2014
Update on 1 beds

Re: Constructive Feedback On This Layout by gabbytabby: 10:02pm On Nov 06, 2014
Some more professional input stage.

Please initial thoughts about this layout would be appreciated

Re: Constructive Feedback On This Layout by mufutau55(m): 4:27am On Nov 07, 2014
gabbytabby:
Some more professional input stage.
Please initial thoughts about this layout would be appreciated

Too tiny.. not readable. Zoom into the plan picture...

Hajji M.
Re: Constructive Feedback On This Layout by gabbytabby: 6:49am On Nov 07, 2014
mufutau55:

Too tiny.. not readable. Zoom into the plan picture...

Hajji M.
Does this work better. It's half.

Re: Constructive Feedback On This Layout by segcymoor(m): 7:11am On Nov 07, 2014
Seems perfect. I find it difficult to detect fault
Re: Constructive Feedback On This Layout by deking(m): 7:37am On Nov 07, 2014
perfect set-up.

effective space management
Re: Constructive Feedback On This Layout by gabbytabby: 10:44am On Nov 07, 2014
The only things I was able to come up with is allowing for balcony/veranda and doing away with the third windows in the living room.
Re: Constructive Feedback On This Layout by diordaves(m): 11:10am On Nov 07, 2014
Gabbytabby,

I'm still not happy with the One bedroom.

The lobby is too big for a one bed flat. Look again at the void between the kitchen and the toilet. My take is the Kitchen and the toilet should share a common wall, so move to toilet from its current position into that void and push forward the wall of the room into the position of the moved toilet to have a bigger room. It means the toilet is at the head end of the lobby facing you when you walk into the lobby from the living room. The toilet should be wedged between the kitchen and the bedroom. Renters will appreciate a bigger room to an over-sized lobby.
Re: Constructive Feedback On This Layout by gabbytabby: 6:21pm On Nov 07, 2014
diordaves:
Gabbytabby,

I'm still not happy with the One bedroom.

The lobby is too big for a one bed flat. Look again at the void between the kitchen and the toilet. My take is the Kitchen and the toilet should share a common wall, so move to toilet from its current position into that void and push forward the wall of the room into the position of the moved toilet to have a bigger room. It means the toilet is at the head end of the lobby facing you when you walk into the lobby from the living room. The toilet should be wedged between the kitchen and the bedroom. Renters will appreciate a bigger room to an over-sized lobby.

I don't quite get what you are saying so could you please just assist with some revised drawings.

I am thinking if the toilet is moved how do we access the toilet from the bedroom and we still need to have an entrance/verander and where does that go.
Re: Constructive Feedback On This Layout by gabbytabby: 6:24pm On Dec 31, 2014
Today is phase 1 day 5. We spent 2 weeks for set up during which time the soakaway was done.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Plot Of Land For Lease On Herbert Macaulay Way Yaba / Many Plots Of Land For Sale At Isheri Oshun, Isolo, Prize 800,000 / A Single Room Self Contained Available For Letting @ Lagelu Estate, Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.